• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
The only music that canst be more epic than yonder updates shalt be found here. eth.

Watch it for thirty heartbreakingly, headstompingly epic seconds.

If thou canst!!!!!

eth.

Croco

Smash Lord
oh **** I forgot about that..
and i was just playing it yesterday.

In the game he gets backup if you save the statued Centurions in the boss stages.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
LOL!! I thought it was going to be kickass with Palutena showing up there and then we get Sakurai crying over these dead... things...

Ahahahahaaa Oh man I don't really want to play with final smashes anyway...

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
So now we know yet another character's Final Smash, this time Pit's, meaning my prediction of Peach was completely wrong. On the subject of this FS, I actually like it. OK, so it may not be as useful as, say, Mario's, but it's pretty close to the original game. In the NES KI, the Centurions would aid you in your battle against Medusa at the end of the game if you freed them earlier on in the level. In that game, if I remember correctly, they also were 'suicide attackers', in that anything they hit took out themselves and the enemy they hit (unless they hit Medusa, in which case only the Centurion died). This update also confirms that Palutena will NOT be a playable character, and we now have another screenshot to compare the earlier one with (the one with Pit and the 'mysterious green-haired lady'). As we can now see without a doubt, that lady is Palutena. So yeah, all in all, a good update. Not what I was expecting, but still a good update.

As for tomorrow, since this update destroyed my prediction theory for today and tomorrow, I may have to reconsider. I'll say either a new stage or Peach. Either way, it'll give us something to end the week on a high note...

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
So now we know yet another character's Final Smash, this time Pit's, meaning my prediction of Peach was completely wrong. On the subject of this FS, I actually like it. OK, so it may not be as useful as, say, Mario's, but it's pretty close to the original game. In the NES KI, the Centurions would aid you in your battle against Medusa at the end of the game if you freed them earlier on in the level. In that game, if I remember correctly, they also were 'suicide attackers', in that anything they hit took out themselves and the enemy they hit (unless they hit Medusa, in which case only the Centurion died). This update also confirms that Palutena will NOT be a playable character, and we now have another screenshot to compare the earlier one with (the one with Pit and the 'mysterious green-haired lady'). As we can now see without a doubt, that lady is Palutena. So yeah, all in all, a good update. Not what I was expecting, but still a good update.
I agree entirely.

I actually love this update. Best of this week by far. At the moment im planning on maining Pit, and this just makes me want to more. Why does eveyone hate Pits FS so much anyways? Its friggin' kickass! Like dozens of little flying kamikazie assist trophies!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! Its a lot better than Links crappy FS. Ugh the triforce slash is a truely horribley s****y move... THE ARMY OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I agree entirely.

I actually love this update. Best of this week by far. At the moment im planning on maining Pit, and this just makes me want to more. Why does eveyone hate Pits FS so much anyways? Its friggin' kickass! Like dozens of little flying kamikazie assist trophies!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! Its a lot better than Links crappy FS. Ugh the triforce slash is a truely horribley s****y move... THE ARMY OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I thought that Palutena would cast some kind of awesome spell thing, which would have been kick ***, but the centurion army is cool, too.

I plan on maining Link, but Pit will definitely be my second, without a doubt.

He's like a flying Link.

Sandy

Smash Champion
huh...Pit's Final Smash........sadly it's actually kinda boring......it's been a sloooowwwwwwwww week hasn't it? I mean Smoke ball?, Ike's Special Moves?, Pit's boring *** music?, and now the first boring Final Smash?......oh well 1 good week and so far 1 bad week. sakurai has got 1 more day to make this week memorable

the grim lizard

Smash Master
oh well 1 good week and so far 1 less good week. sakurai has got 1 more day to make this week memorable
There, fixed.

Hardly anyone is even talking about Pit's FS even thought it was today's update. I find that odd. How do we even know if it sucks? For all we know, each one of the centurion attacks is an instant KO...You guys make way too many assumptions, and draw conclusions way too fast, considering you've never played the game.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Hardly anyone is even talking about Pit's FS even thought it was today's update. I find that odd. How do we even know if it sucks? For all we know, each one of the centurion attacks is an instant KO...You guys make way too many assumptions, and draw conclusions way too fast, considering you've never played the game.
Agreed. It's hard to make assumptions now seeing as we don't actually know the affect the FS has. Just because there's no huge explosion doesn't mean that Pit's FS is worthless. Until you play it in-game, or at least see a video of it, please don't say it's the worst FS, because you can't really tell right now.

When I saw the Volt Takle in the 15-second movie clip, I was totally shocked, I had no idea it would be that effective, but there you go.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i sort of expected something like this for pit. i mean it was a cool feature in the boss battles

i'm still a little upset we didn't get a character this week. then again it's nice sakurai is finally doing the finals for the new characters

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I really like it... I think it will be as effective as any other FS... why wouldn't it?

One thing I personally don't really like though, are the heart-shaped arrow-heads and wings on the helmet. While it's classic and traditional, I think it's kind of contradicting to the new appearance of Pit, Palutena, and even the centurions themselves. Almost goofy...

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
i.....LOVE IT! They are giving these new characters some big attacks! And....i don't usually say this about video game characters...but Palutena is HOTT.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Is it me or does it look like Ike's blocking one?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I hate how there are two topics about pits FS and it would just be smarter to talk about it here to remove the clutter.... at any rate, I think his FS looks pretty cool. I bet its neat to watch those guys drop like flies

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
There's a good chance for blocking recovery with this too. Get someone off the stage then get/use FS (depeding on if you can store them or not) . When they tryi to get back on the stage, they get whacked by a centurion.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The FS is kinda cool, but I was expecting, some IDK pelutena arrow rain or something...

anothetr thing, since pelutena is part of the FS I HIGHLY doubt she'll be playable, really after seeing her in the 1st pic who WOULDNT want her playable...

Peach confirmation tomorrow...

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
huh...Pit's Final Smash........sadly it's actually kinda boring......it's been a sloooowwwwwwwww week hasn't it? I mean Smoke ball?, Ike's Special Moves?, Pit's boring *** music?, and now the first boring Final Smash?......oh well 1 good week and so far 1 bad week. sakurai has got 1 more day to make this week memorable
Well well, arent you optimistic?

Smoke Ball= It IS boring, but very fun if you think of some ways for it.
Ikes Specials= Odviously good.
Pits's Music= If you've never played the game, you'll think its a really boring song, but its an AWESOME remix.
Pit's Final Smash= Hes a freaking god's bodyguard. Dont expect him to shoot down a whole fudgeload of arrows onto the battlefield.. boring. Summoning Palutena to summon up a Army? Now THAT is cool
Tommarow:

FALCON OSHT- BEST CHAR EVAR OYES

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
.....yawn .

This week is gonna be a bore.
Because you can totally saw in the future
*cough cough*
SOOOUUTH SIIIIIDE

This week has been soooo exciting. Smoke ball isn't that exciting at all possibly useful but not visually stimulating, Ike's move set isn't that great either. Best of the week so far though. Music is blah and Pit's special is like Unown's effect sorta. Tomorrow better be a good update. I think it'll be a stage IMO

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this week has been kind of boring compared to previous others, but like everybody here is saying that smoke ball is kind of lame, Ike' special is alright because it gave us a clue to determine if he'll be a clone of marth, as for Pit's FS I did'nt think it was bad at all as well has his music, but tomorrow I am really expecting a new charactrer confirmed like Peach, Cap't Falcon, or maybe a new legendary pokemon update

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There's a good chance for blocking recovery with this too. Get someone off the stage then get/use FS (depeding on if you can store them or not) . When they tryi to get back on the stage, they get whacked by a centurion.
Actually I think you can store them because look at this

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/mario.html

In Mario's Final Smash section it says "He got a Smash Ball! Mario is standing by!" so I'm starting to think that you can store it.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I'm not so sure. I think maybe you have a few seconds of charge up time, but not a situation where you can run around for minutes with a smash ball crammed up your ***.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
looked into this. if you notice his face seems to be in pain, and he let go of his sword like he got hit.

that's what i think anyway. i just think he got hit
I agree. Also, imagine how much it would suck if you were in a 1v1 match against Pit and he used his FS....everybody aiming solely for you.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
@lonewolfe - That'd be pretty hectic.

Also, I think this is one of the better Final Smashes. It's better than DK's, in my opinion. This is right up there with Bowser's Final Smash.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
personally i think all the final smashes shown so far are amazing. not one has really dissipointed me. and i think its great how all the finali smashes realy connect with the characters and u can definitley see that with pits fs, its not that flashy or anything but its what pits about so its really cool . My fav is samus's :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom