• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sariku

Smash Master
Gagh... this is WORSE than the Star Fox Theme... I completely hate this song... its just soo... bleh.

I love Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Island, and the Menu Theme. Plus the games theme, but this one was pathetic in my opinion... yes, I know it's supposed to be classy and all, but this was just stupid. I'll have this horrible song stuck in my head all the way through Health, Biology, AND Algebra 2 class...

I know people aren't to hate music updates, but with all these stupid songs, I'm being turned off... might play Brawl with Mute on.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You guys should have asked me before you stayed up, then, because I knew it was going to be a music update. We were due.

@Sariku.Uchiha, you're showing your age there. This is the classic stuff. Try playing it sometime. Let me also add that the arrangement composer of this song is the guy who did the Mother stuff, and it does sound along the lines of those songs that were in Melee. Why doesn't anyone here have any proper perspective??

I seriously want to beat the crap out of people who not only complain about music updates but complain that the music is terrible...sheesh.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
>_> silver...

Can we please wait until we hear the full version before we start complaining? I personally liked this one a lot more than the StarFox song.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
You guys should have asked me before you stayed up, then, because I knew it was going to be a music update. We were due.

@Sariku.Uchiha, you're showing your age there. This is the classic stuff. Try playing it sometime. Let me also add that the arrangement composer of this song is the guy who did the Mother stuff, and it does sound along the lines of those songs that were in Melee. Why doesn't anyone here have any proper perspective??

I seriously want to beat the crap out of people who not only complain about music updates but complain that the music is terrible...sheesh.
I'm with you all the way there grim. I know I shouldn't, but I get really ticked off at people who always complain about the updates. We should be thankful that we're getting anything, let alone at least 1 update per weekday. And this music really wasn't so bad (and neither, may I point out, was the Star Fox music). After all, we can only listen to a minute of the track. Why not wait until after the game comes out and listen to the full version, THEN criticise the music if you feel you still don't like it...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You guys have to admit that this music was kinda crummy. The last music updates were better and with a name like "Underworld Theme" it raised my expectations and then shattered them. I'm not complaining but I did expect more.

What I want to know is where is my Mario music? Hopefully when they do give us Mario music it will be one of Bowser's themes because ALL of his stuff is good.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I'm sorry, but how is this update 'crap'? Just because it wasn't a character or stage does not make an update crap. Personally, I think this music is pretty cool. You should be grateful that we're getting an update every weekday. As far as I know, no other game website has ever done something like this. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I'm tired of people saying "OMG this update sucks!!!1" when it's actually not that bad. You need to lower your expectations and try to appreciate each update for what it truly is...

As for tomorrow's update, I'll say Peach, with a brand new stage on Friday to end the week on a high...
Thank you Metaknight for your wise words

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
You guys have to admit that this music was kinda crummy. The last music updates were better and with a name like "Underworld Theme" it raised my expectations and then shattered them. I'm not complaining but I did expect more.

What I want to know is where is my Mario music? Hopefully when they do give us Mario music it will be one of Bowser's themes because ALL of his stuff is good.
Erectile Dysfuntion....eww..
When the update said "Underworld Theme", I too, was expecting something different. Something along the lines of a Darker-ish Ominous type of music...if that makes any sense

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I guess it depends what type of music you like, really.

I thought it was great because of nostalgia, and it remains true to the original without overdoing it (until the end). I couldn't help but smile when I heard that theme once again.

Another thing I just want to throw out there is that in Kid Icarus, you start off in an area called (correct me if I'm wrong) the 'underworld', and you advance far toward the skies... in this 'underworld' it plays this song we hear on Smash... So maybe that's why this song doesn't quite match it's name?

Also, the name 'underworld' is relative because the other areas are things like 'overworld', and 'sky world' ; I don't think their reffering to 'hell' in the song's title, but just that area you start in.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i loved today's update. i mean i've had Kid Icarus on my wii for only a few months, but this is nostalgic for me, and it's one of the most addicting songs i've ever heard. luckily it's not annoying so it's ok to sing it all day.

they didn't overdo it, it sounds perfect.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I've thought also that the music updates weren't the greatest of updates, but I like them because it's different from the others. I knew we would get a music update today or yesterday and I was looking forward to it.
I don't regret it, this is a good music update IMO. I think the only bad music update so far was the Starfox one.

In any case, I see how some of you feel, and you are free to express your opinion, the music update was okay, but you really want something amazing, right? Mostly, everybody somewhat feels that way. Like for example, if I asked anybody (that was a fan of Smash):
Would you rather have?
A newcomer everyday
or a How To Play that we already know everyday
Like duh!:dizzy:

But we can't have that, because first of all, there aren't enough good updates to last every weekday until December 3rd. We usually get around an average of one pretty awesome update a week if not a little more, and that's something to complain about?
Don't you remember back before the site was up, we got Fox in November and hmm.... basically nothing before that. We've been getting new characters about every two weeks or so along with other awesome information and I don't see anybody "over-impressed".

Second of all, how fun would it be to know everything about the game 3 months before it came out? I hope we still don't know everything about the game on the release date.

Third of all, having some good updates every once in a while along with "fillers" if you will (not really in my opinion, but whatever) gets people to watch the site everyday. This is a really good way to make Smash Bros. even more popular. My sister for example isn't really a fan of Smash, but when she saw me watching the Adventure Mode video, she noticed Peach's new look, and now she's really looking forward to it. I know some other people that have never played Smash before but happened to see me looking at something on the site, and now are getting a Wii just because of it!

I think Sakarai's a genius, and what he's doing is perfectly fine.

If this hasn't convinced you that the updates are fine the way they are, maybe you should only go to the site once a week and get 5 updates at once, with most likely at least one really good update. If you can't do it, then you shouldn't be complaining (not saying that everybody is complaining here), because Sakarai doesn't have to give us any information if he doesn't want to. As a matter of fact, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Nintendo has told Sakarai that he's NOT allowed to give any information for Brawl other than updating the site.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Why the hell does everyone assume that just because some of us don't like music updates, means we're not appreciative of daily updates?

I enjoy pretty much every update, even the How to Play updates, for what they're worth. I like to think I'm good at finding the silver lining and finding a perk in even the crappiest of updates. Music is the only thing I can't do this with. I'm sorry if I can't find joy in getting what sounds like 30-second clips of OC ReMix work in progress pieces. Is it so bad that I'm just hoping that the final release of the game is of better quality?

The only thing that keeps me remotely calm, is it seems every music update we've gotten will belong to an Adventure Mode stage. The ones that seem like actual stage music, Menu 1 and Space Armada, both sound fantastic and I can actually imagine brawling to that music.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This Update was kinda cheesy i mean, yeah we had a music update which we have not had in a while but but it kinda sucked i give it a (2 out of 5)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It is nice that we are getting updates, but people are allowed to criticize elements of the game. People gave the music a chance, and some do not like it. Sakurai even hinted that the peice sounded force.

Just because there is an update every week day does not mean you have to ream out anyone with a less then positive review. Sakurai does not read this updates so there is no reason to suck up to him.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Oh c'mon, that last bit has overdone written all over it... DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!

But seriously, I think it's suitable.
Who made you the composition expert? Are you a composer? Do you have a music degree? I didn't think so. Nothing was overdone.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Who made you the composition expert? Are you a composer? Do you have a music degree? I didn't think so. Nothing was overdone.
Who made you the composition expert? Are you a composer? Do you have a music degree? I didn't think so. Some of it seemed overdone, to me.

lol I'm no expert, but I'm certainly not an idiot. Just listen to it.

This is non-biased, and fact:

If you listen veeeery carefully (open those ears!) toward the end part, you can clearly hear the following:

-Increase in volume

-Louder orchestral hits

-Inclusion of symbol hits

-And a very deep booming bass drum

There's none of that in the other part, and just fyi, my post about it was more of a joke anyways. I'm not saying it sounds bad, but I'm saying that they did indeed put alot more into that last part. I thought it was effective. 'Overdone' doesn't always mean 'bad'. Once again Grim, you've shown me that as soon as anyone makes a negative statement about the updates you appear to post more aggressively.

And guess what? I didn't like the Smoke Ball update ;)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
All of you complainers, download the Melee soundtrack, listen to it, and then try to tell me it's better quality...

http://www.stevemv.com/forum/super-smash-bros-melee-game-soundtrack-rip-t58.html
I've had the entire Melee soundtrack since the game first released six years ago, and it IS better quality. Every track sounds exactly like it should, are faithful remakes and representations of each franchise and game, and fit every stage wonderfully. The only exception would be some of the forced 8-bit music ports that they brought in for alternate themes.

Over half of the Brawl soundtrack so far, just sounds fan-made. I can't think of another way to put it.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
The OoT medley was just shiat. Simple said, it sounded synthesised, it wasn't true to the original songs at all, and overall it just shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Arymo

Smash Rookie
I only started to play Kid Icarus on the VC when it was released so it was cool hearing the underworld theme.

It's not bad but needs that "can't stop listening to it" pazza

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap! Are there people in here who are finally using their ears? Listen guys... So far, the Brawl soundbites have not been so hot. They've been... ok. MAYBE. But if they are anticipating negative reactions to it, what does that say about the actual music?

OoT medley was just silly. A medley is not the best choice when the music you're combining has an average length of 30 seconds each. Gah! Too many fanboys, not enough listening!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Who made you the composition expert? Are you a composer? Do you have a music degree? I didn't think so. Some of it seemed overdone, to me.

If you listen veeeery carefully (open those ears!) toward the end part, you can clearly hear the following:

-Increase in volume

-Louder orchestral hits

There's none of that in the other part, and just fyi, my post about it was more of a joke anyways. I'm not saying it sounds bad, but I'm saying that they did indeed put alot more into that last part. I thought it was effective. 'Overdone' doesn't always mean 'bad'. Once again Grim, you've shown me that as soon as anyone makes a negative statement about the updates you appear to post more aggressively.

And guess what? I didn't like the Smoke Ball update ;)
ah but what's cool is that it continues when all of it dies down, but then the song ends. so i know it continues from that point.

it reminds me of the menu from Jet Force Gemini. it's loud and exciting, then does what you said, only instead of finishing, it continues at that sound level, then loops back to the beginning. that's what i think this one does

the grim lizard

Smash Master

-Increase in volume

-Louder orchestral hits

I'm not an expert, per se, but I've played an instrument for over 12 years. It's called crescendo...look it up. :ohwell:

I've had the entire Melee soundtrack since the game first released six years ago, and it IS better quality. Every track sounds exactly like it should, are faithful remakes and representations of each franchise and game, and fit every stage wonderfully. The only exception would be some of the forced 8-bit music ports that they brought in for alternate themes.

Over half of the Brawl soundtrack so far, just sounds fan-made. I can't think of another way to put it.
*rolls eyes* It's not better quality. It sounds about the same. Plus, those are the final versions. Not only are they better because you can associate gameplay with them, but you also have the advantage of being able to hear the entire song.

And heaven forbid they should taken any creative liberties...Some people just don't know a good thing when they see it...err...hear it.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm not an expert, per se, but I've played an instrument for over 12 years. It's called crescendo...look it up.
Okay.

The 'crescendo' seemed to be excessive, even for a part that is made to be louder and stronger. Crescendos don't always have to be pushing the limits of intensity.

The sound-clips we are getting are shorter, lower quality clips - and we've only got about 5 songs now... Do you really think that it won't exceed Melee in variety?

It's already exceeded it with the number of instruments used.

The best comparison to make here is the Main Menu song... Let's ignore the lower bit-rate as well.

That song out-right OWNS the old one, and I don't care what anyone says... It's got more instruments, more creative flare, and sounds far more compelling.

I don't get how you're forming this opinion.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
*rolls eyes* It's not better quality. It sounds about the same. Plus, those are the final versions. Not only are they better because you can associate gameplay with them, but you also have the advantage of being able to hear the entire song.

And heaven forbid they should taken any creative liberties...Some people just don't know a good thing when they see it...err...hear it.
i still think these midi files are just samples and the orchestrated part is being done now. i mean, sakurai just wants to give us a sample, and amaze us when we hear it in the actual game

Croco

Smash Lord
Whoever is *****ing about the music.. STFU please.
Your preference doesn't mean **** to people who enjoy the music.. so stop *****ing.
And those trying to change their minds.. Please stop also. It's pointless.

Oh and the songs we've heard are only samples.. it's not the entire song. (Just wanted to point that out..)
We also have not played with the music in the stages yet.. so saying the music will ruin the games experience or if it's worse or better then Melee's music is just stupid and pointless.
There will probably be nearly double the songs that Melee had anyway.
So there might be a few songs some of us may or not like.
Again.. it's taste. So please STFU.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love the music. in my opinion, it sounds better than melee's music. i don't see why people don't like the music updates, cause it adds a whole lot of levels to smash. i mean think of how it would be without music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom