• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I wonder if heavier characters get this as a sort of damage reduction meter... because if they still get sent flying at a bunch of moves, it'll still be exploitable by faster chars...

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Sure looks like it's melting. But it must just be the effects of the attack <_< I mean, why would they make her armor..MELTABLE.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
then eruption is probably a powerful version of Roy's B, so...cool
huh, i took a closer look, and i realized i was wrong. he doesn't swing his sword, but sticks it in the ground.

my guess, he plants it in the ground, and it causes a shockwave, sending an "eruption" towards other players. and obviously the charge gives more damage

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I thought he swung his sword too. I can actually imagine the animation. He holds the sword, tip down, over his head and stabs it down, and lava flies up in a diagonal pattern and moves forward a little bit.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
huh, i took a closer look, and i realized i was wrong. he doesn't swing his sword, but sticks it in the ground.

my guess, he plants it in the ground, and it causes a shockwave, sending an "eruption" towards other players. and obviously the charge gives more damage
hey your right now he seems even less of a clone raising marths chances

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Yeah..I'd be happy for Marth/Roy/Both to return, since both were great characters, clones or not, because they both played totally different :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
yeah sure there were similaritys but ganandorf was a clone and a lot of people want him back with a diffrent move set im sure sakurai could make a few changes in roys to

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
yeah but i wonder if he would get a sword or not . i think that i wouldnt care a lot if some of his moves used his sword but it would suck if all his moves revolved around his sword

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there's enough sword fighters. Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Link, **HOPEFULLY* Lloyd Irving, Kratos Aurion **NO MORE HOPEFUL INCLUSIONS**, and any other sword fighter.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
hopefully tonight we will get music or a stage we havent had music for so long. mabye its because people keep complaining about the star fox armada song

The Bino

Smash Lord
I highly doubt Roy will be coming back

Sakurai was making Sigurd and had to cancel Sigurds work because they wanted to add Roy in to boost his fan base because the Fire Emblem game as him in it was coming out soon, that's 6years ago and he still isnt' one of the top ppl requested from FE fans, i would say he's gone for 2 reasons

1 - He wasn't original in Melee, and even though he can be remade with original moves from his game, he's not popular enough

2 - He didn't get that much fan support from the game he was in to be considered to return

That's why i guess Ike is in Brawl - Higher fanbase and he is the 1st well known world-wide Lord from an extremely good game so everyone knows who he is and everyone knows that he's a good character for Brawl

also i would like to see Lloyd and Kratos in the game, but i highly doubt they would be in because they are 3rd party, and i guess the remaining 2 slots for 3rd party is Sonic and Megaman

Red = My opinnion

Sandy

Smash Champion
Ike's standard B looks similar to Roy's. And his up B is way better than Marth's and Roy's! Ike is my new main.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Where was it ever stated that Sigurd was being planned?

And plus, Sigurd would never make a good addition. Visually, he's way to close to Marth, and despite being about to use a spear, he'd just be another sword user. >_>

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So how ill this attack work in the air? with no ground to cause an eruption? my guess it will be a power full meteor smash kind of like DK's -> + B move

The Bino

Smash Lord
Where was it ever stated that Sigurd was being planned?

And plus, Sigurd would never make a good addition. Visually, he's way to close to Marth, and despite being about to use a spear, he'd just be another sword user. >_>
I do recall that Sakurai himself stating that Sigurd was already in the process of being added into Melee, but his boss had told him to cancel Sigurd and put in Roy instead for the reasons that i stated above

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
1 - He wasn't original in Melee, and even though he can be remade with original moves from his game, he's not popular enough
But the reason he was put in was to increase his popularity. Plus he has recent games with him in them as well. I know many friends who since playing Melee, play Fire Emblem and love Roy in Melee.

Roy is also very popular in Japan, and there is an Anime with him in it.

2 - He didn't get that much fan support from the game he was in to be considered to return
See above.

I think it's hard to say... Roy is not THAT popular - it's true, but there's still a load of people who love him, or just simply know who he is and where he's from. People who don't play Fire Emblem know Roy because of Melee, and would relate to him better than Ike.

However I'm glad to see Ike in, because bandanas look way better than tiaras.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
if another fire emblem characters makes it in i 'd hope it to be hector or Lance, Marth imo already had his shine and it's time someone else took the spotlight, that's where Ike came in, and as for Roy well.... he definetly is popular in Japan as well as in America but only in Melee, and i can bet he won't be returning, whyZ? because he was included in melee for promotional purposes and hasn't been in any recent games so I believe Marth would have more of a chance than Roy does

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
if it was up to me, i'd keep roy and marth (roy first, i liked him better than marth)

however, i see marth making a return, and that's all we get for the fire emblem franchise. maybe a slight chance of someone else

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
hopefully no one has already asked this in the last few pages, but did anyone else notice that, for example, in Pit and Ike's Special Moves updates, it only gives the Up B and Neutral B? What about the side B?? Or down B??

Maybe he doesn't want to tell us everything right away, but I just thought it was odd....

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
if it was up to me, i'd keep roy and marth (roy first, i liked him better than marth)

however, i see marth making a return, and that's all we get for the fire emblem franchise. maybe a slight chance of someone else
Maybe a prominent female Fire Emblem character? I don't know much about the series, but I remember Sakurai saying he wanted more female characters....

EDIT: sorry about double post

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hopefully no one has already asked this in the last few pages, but did anyone else notice that, for example, in Pit and Ike's Special Moves updates, it only gives the Up B and Neutral B? What about the side B?? Or down B??

Maybe he doesn't want to tell us everything right away, but I just thought it was odd....
ah but didn't you notice that wario has his side b and down b?

he's probably just giving us a taste of what's to come

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
man sariku, you still haven't finished the how to play section yet. you got to stay dedicated. i know school and work can get in the way, but you got to treat these threads as if they were your child.

or you can just finish it and get it over with. that's what i do at least

Croco

Smash Lord
yea.. music.
After playing Kid Icarus on my Wii the past few weeks.. that song drove me freaken crazy.
This makes it worse.. lol

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus music, meh, doesn't float my boat, but there aren't many things that can top last week's updates............

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Now, I'm usually up until 3 AM every night anyway, but this still makes me feel a little cheated. I hate music updates, and really I just hope the final release of the game has better music than what they've been giving us. I've only truely enjoyed two themes (Menu 1 and Space Armada) so far.

Hopefully with the crap updates out of the way, this means the week will finish out nicely, though...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Touche, good sir. I did not notice that.
Lucky he got to you first lol
I would've just been all "WHERE"VE YOU BEEN!?!?!" lol

Maybe a prominent female Fire Emblem character? I don't know much about the series, but I remember Sakurai saying he wanted more female characters....

EDIT: sorry about double post
Lyn - druel -"**** me"

Now, I'm usually up until 3 AM every night anyway, but this still makes me feel a little cheated. I hate music updates, and really I just hope the final release of the game has better music than what they've been giving us. I've only truely enjoyed two themes (Menu 1 and Space Armada) so far.

Hopefully with the crap updates out of the way, this means the week will finish out nicely, though...
There's a few months left...expect a lot of crap lol

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry, but how is this update 'crap'? Just because it wasn't a character or stage does not make an update crap. Personally, I think this music is pretty cool. You should be grateful that we're getting an update every weekday. As far as I know, no other game website has ever done something like this. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I'm tired of people saying "OMG this update sucks!!!1" when it's actually not that bad. You need to lower your expectations and try to appreciate each update for what it truly is...

As for tomorrow's update, I'll say Peach, with a brand new stage on Friday to end the week on a high...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but how is this update 'crap'? Just because it wasn't a character or stage does not make an update crap. Personally, I think this music is pretty cool. You should be grateful that we're getting an update every weekday. As far as I know, no other game website has ever done something like this. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I'm tired of people saying "OMG this update sucks!!!1" when it's actually not that bad. You need to lower your expectations and try to appreciate each update for what it truly is...
I like to think I'm pretty good with finding the good in every update, no matter how lame it might seem.. Of course, you may not see this since I'm relatively new to posting here. But the only updates I've just been brutally against from almost the beginning are the music updates. The majority of them feel horrifically fan-made, and just not up to the standards that the Melee soundtrack set. Being that they're typically 30-60 second clips really doesn't help matters in the least.

Most people don't like music updates because they don't think music is a huge part of a game. I'm the opposite, I know it's a huge part of every game, especially an all-star game like this. And I don't think a lot of what we've heard so far is, quite frankly, good enough.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
^^ Hear, Hear!!

I don't feel it's up to the caliber of Melee's soundtrack, and I feel that Sakurai's doing himself a disservice with these updates.

But as I have maintained all along, I am indeed a moron, so may be wrong about this.

~behemoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom