• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Here's the problem, CPUs ALWAYS know where you are smoke or not so they will ALWAYS hit you and YOU'LL be the one that can't see them.
QFT! I hated this in Melee with the Cloaking Device, a useless item against computers since they know where you are anyway. Hopefully, in Brawl this is fixed by just making them a little more stupid while a character has used a Smoke Ball.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
This item is so crap, if one one my friends uses it, I would see it as him taking the p***. I will take him down, lol.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like the new forum set up. It hurts my brain (good sign) it still works after all of the damage the mind game man has done to me.

Order yet simple and complicated at the same time! Like the plot Master Hand came up with to destroy the smash bros in the Subspace Emissary..

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Oh wow. I was all like, where'd this topic go? But now I see, unfortunetly I forgot what I was going to say.

I know it was regarding the smoke ball and how I don't see it as anything special.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
QFT! I hated this in Melee with the Cloaking Device, a useless item against computers since they know where you are anyway. Hopefully, in Brawl this is fixed by just making them a little more stupid while a character has used a Smoke Ball.
Hopefully they do something like they did in Mario Kart DS. You know, when you use a blooper, AI actually starts swerving all over the road. Edit: they slow down a noticable amount too.

You know what would be the single most epic thing ever?

The Great Fox vs. the Halbred in the ultimate dog fight. Hell yeah.
I like the way you think. That Arwing under fire from the Halberd screenshot gave me chills.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yes, I can't wait to see the whole video involving the Arwing and The Halberd either. Anyway,the Smoke Bomb is good and bad. I mean,it's decent,but kind of lame,like the Banana Peel)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I like the way you think. That Arwing under fire from the Halberd screenshot gave me chills.
Well, I wad drunk the night this update happened, but the next day: I know what you mean, man.

I saw that and I almost needed a change of pants. I'm a huge Star Fox fan, and I don't know, just the idea of cutscenes in Brawl in general I think is cool because cutscenes really help drive a game and give it meaning. They can really convey an image. I just want to see what happens! I'm like a lil school girl.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
THE BANANA ISN'T LAME ****IT WHY TO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT!!!

Seriously, it's in like *every* nintendo game out there. I praise it.

The smoke bomb on the other hand...?

4.2/10

Advantages:
1. Fun on very high
2. Hopefully the smoke moves well for more distraction
3. If there is a second function (un-noted) like disabling grabbing because you can't see so it just won't let you hang on or get a grip

Disadvantages:
1. No effect on players physically (other than un-noted thought ^)
2. Possibly either, cpu's are not effected (like cloak in melee) if it happens to be effective, or, not effective at all and really a waste.

You can't really tell what it truely does with screneshots... It needs movement (hows it effect the view of the battle)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
At least it's not Peach.

But we do get to see his moveset.

EDIT: Wait, nobody has posted Ike's moveset before me?
EDIT2: So far for him being a Marth clone.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Ike is looking better to me now. I originally thought he was just a recycle of the Marth/Roy moveset, so I wasn't very excited. I'm glad to see he's more unique.

Aether is totally the critical animation of the Hero unit in (our) Fire Emblem 1. I loves it.

Eruption, I'm guessing, will be the one-hit kill ability Sakurai originally mentioned. So, in that sense, he's still Roy's replacement.

It looks like Marth has a fighting chance as a returning fighter again. Now to just hope he's more balanced. :D

Edit: other heavy characters most DEFINITELY include Bowser. Perhaps DK and Ganondorf, too. And more? I have a feeling there might be another heavy character mixed in with the newcomers we've yet to see...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Ike is looking better to me now. I originally thought he was just a recycle of the Marth/Roy moveset, so I wasn't very excited. I'm glad to see he's more unique.

Aether is totally the critical animation of the Hero unit in (our) Fire Emblem 1. I loves it.

Eruption, I'm guessing, will be the one-hit kill ability Sakurai originally mentioned. So, in that sense, he's still Roy's replacement.

It looks like Marth has a fighting chance as a returning fighter again. Now to just hope he's more balanced. :D

Edit: other heavy characters most DEFINITELY include Bowser. Perhaps DK and Ganondorf, too. And more? I have a feeling there might be another heavy character mixed in with the newcomers we've yet to see...
Marth is totally in! He's gotta be, what'll they do with all his moves? He isn't a heavy weight so there's a big difference right there. His UpB is unique and hopefully (my opinion) his shieild breaker actually breaks your sheild even when you don't block but have enough damage...or maybe it breaks your dodge?

well, ganon DOES have the possibility of using his sword. maybe, just maybe. interesting thought.
Yes, I've always liked that idea..
Perferably the option of turning the sword on/off.
Like a Sexy Samus whip/gun

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I like the idea of a character having a "weapon swap" special move. It just seems far too Mortal Kombatish for me. I think both Pit and Zamus' weapons will change on the fly as they're needed to according to attacks.

I am sure that I don't like the idea of Ganondorf using a sword. Rumor is that he had one in Melee, but Miyamoto pulled it last minute since the sword he was using was never going to be used in an actual game. So, he won't use that sword. I'm pretty sure he won't use his Wind Waker swords, because I'm pretty sure it'll be his TP model. I'm also pretty sure he won't use his sword from TP, because it's some kind of holy and/or light sword, which would look ridiculously stupid out of context. If the above rumor is true, then they won't make a sword up as it wouldn't be from an actual game.

Sleepy time. The moral of the story is: Ike =/= Marth :D

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I feel so lost...I can't find anything. >_>

At least it's not Peach.

But we do get to see his moveset.

EDIT: Wait, nobody has posted Ike's moveset before me?
EDIT2: So far for him being a Marth clone.
Who ever said Ike would be a Marth clone? :confused: Sakurai even said in his update that they were completely different types of characters. (based on his sword)

Ummm...."This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters, so watch out!"

hhmmmm. who else?
Yeah, seriously...finally, heavy characters will low knockback...who'd have thought it?

But... possibly King Dedede with my hammer throw idea?? ^_^

Ganondorf, most definitely.
No, Bowser, I think...as far as the low knockback thing. M2, too. Both of those two were far too light for heavy characters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope Yoshi still keeps his invincibility in the air like he did in the past 2 previous smash

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i like ike's special moves. i remember watching aether in the fire emblem game. so it's basically an invincible version of the Final Cutter.

then eruption is probably a powerful version of Roy's B, so...cool

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I really like what they're doing with the slower characters now.

I've said it before around my friends, that making a character like Bowser immune to knock-back (as Yoshi) would make them far more feasable. I feel prophetic...

This will make all the slower characters more effective, without changing their core persona; that being the slow, hard hitting, tanks.

Technically, this provides an increase in game balance.

Before, if you were Bowser vs, say, a Marth; it didn't matter how strong your attacks were, Marth could always hit you before you even execute them, toy you with ariels, and wear you down enough for an eventual K.O. - without getting hit (mostly).

Now, if there's no knock-back on Bowser, he can get that special move in on Marth, because Marth can't interrupt him! There is now a fighting chance for these slow characters!

I'm a big fan.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That Up B move looks like it will have a lot of lag. I mean, he throws his sword,jumps,catches the sword,swings and drops, that's a lot.
It's his cirtical hit routine in Fire Emblem path of radiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom