• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
i said RECOVERY, their up b! i already know those guys can do it, but you have to use their grab attack to do it. Zamus uses her recovery move
plus, this is her only way of recovering, their grabs were only useful when their up B's couldn't reach but the grabs could. that rarely happens though because you have to be exactly the right distance. I have, however, affectively used link's chain a few times to save my butt when up B probably wouldn't have reached.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
lol @ peach her 3rd screen shot is made of win
Indeed. That shot is the very definition of the word win...

Anyway, it's great to see Peach 'officially' confirmed (since we all knew she was going to be in 2 weeks ago. She looks awesome and very well detailed. Toad's still her B move though, from the looks of it, and judging from those screens her moveset doesn't appear to have changed too much. As long as she's slightly toned down/balanced out, I don't mind.

Also, 2 character profiles in one week FTW!

Sandy

Smash Champion
And everywhere, horny fanboys are wondering only one thing:

"can we stil c up her dress? lozl11!"

I hate people.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I say sonic has a 98% chance so yea I believe he is gonna be in according to a statement that sakurai mentioned before that he did like Sonic

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well they are trying to get Sonic in but there are a few... difficulties on SEGA's part.

(Gotta get Sonic 2 (Again) off VC tomorrow...)

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: OMG Link special moves, AWESOME. Claw shot, Gale boomerang... T.T

Ledge-seeking clawshot. The ability to charge Link's up b. Wow. Amazing!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Hmmph charging your up B? is it like DK's punch? You probably can't carry your Spin around with you which means you can't up B out of shield immediately (cuz you have to press B again). I think this will weaken the spin attack and no one is going to jump into a fully charged one anyway.

Still don't know how the gale boomerang does damage, but the flinch needs to be there for it to be great again.

The Bow is "fast" but what is its shot trajectory? the last bow was fast too, but it shot straight down...

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Hmmph charging your up B? is it like DK's punch? You probably can't carry your Spin around with you which means you can't up B out of shield immediately (cuz you have to press B again). I think this will weaken the spin attack and no one is going to jump into a fully charged one anyway.
Charging up = Holding B? Like Luigi's missile?

That's what I thought when I first read it. Makes more sense if it's going to be his recovery move.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Maybe it just makes him spin longer. Not necessarily giving him a boost, just increases the length of time he spins, great for racking damage up even more.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
This update was sweet. Even though it wasn't a newcomer, it gave us a lot of good info:

1.) mainly, they're not screwing around with giving us only two moves an update anymore.
2.) this was a perfect wake-up call to every idiot who thinks their precious Fox/Sheik/Marth are still going to be the overpowered glitches they know in Brawl. Our characters are evolving and changing, so embrace it already.
3.) proved everyone wrong that thought Link's up special was being replaced with his hookshot

Link looks really fun to play now in Brawl. I used to main him in Melee until it got too easy to beat people, and I moved on to maining more off-the-wall characters. But I'll have to give him another shot in Brawl, all of his moves seem so much more smooth and useful than they did in Melee.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I think a lot of the movesets will drastically take away from the competitive scene... I don't really like it all that much...

Is it just me?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Take away from the competitive scenes? How so? Because they're different. Difference is innovation, innovation is adaptation, and everyone knows learning to observe and adapt is what a good player. They may be different than what you're use to, but that also means it's different than what your opponent is use to.

PS: New sig comments appreciated

M.K

Level 55
Cool sig Falco, it's very...luinescent. Also, I'm going to talk like I am in the 1950's for this post:

This update is very nifty-keen, and Mr. Sakurai is no ninny! The boomerang looks jiggy!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Charging up = Holding B? Like Luigi's missile?

That's what I thought when I first read it. Makes more sense if it's going to be his recovery move.
I don't think so. That would give Link incredible vertical recovery power so it'll just be charging the thing as you DI towards the stage and then releasing it. Not to mention that the difference between the uncharged up B and the charged up one will make the up B on stage a lot weaker than it used to be in Melee. I don't quite understand if they've changed the knockback to a young link style or if its now just a weaker move, but I guess we'll need to play in order to figure that one out.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Umm, Subspace army anyone? How come no one has posted about this freakin AWESOME update?>>??

Well, the 47 second video was a great sneak peak into the next part of the story mode intro movie...maybe we'll know the whole thing before the game comes out if Sakurai keeps giving us short clips...

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, this update rocked. OK, so ROB was deconfirmed as a playable character, but hey, I wasn't expecting him to be anyway. It's a bit strange to see him as an enemy, but it's an origina idea so I'm all for it. As for Petey, he's never looked better. When he turned up in the video, I was shocked, but in a good way. Thinking about it, this is the best possible way for Petey to appear in the game. This way, he doesn't take up a spot on the playable roster yet we still get to fight him, and since he's a boss he remains faithful to his original purpose in the games. This mode is going to be incredible.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Whoa neat update. Although it said everyone everywhere is trying to stop it, they have Petey Pirahna on their side? So do all the badguys start with the subspace army? Mind control? Spite Mario? All of the above?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh god please don't tell me he's in.....
I smell a new heavy type for brawl

jb254

Smash Apprentice
As for Petey, he's never looked better. When he turned up in the video, I was shocked, but in a good way. Thinking about it, this is the best possible way for Petey to appear in the game. This way, he doesn't take up a spot on the playable roster yet we still get to fight him, and since he's a boss he remains faithful to his original purpose in the games. This mode is going to be incredible.
Unless, of course, after Kirby beats him he shrinks, shakes Kirby's hand, and a message appears on the screen saying "New Character Unlocked!"

I doubt that'll happen, but the opportunity to play as a man-eating plant intrigues me...

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Love him or hate him, colbusman, you gotta admit:

Petey is great at picking up women.

HAHAHAHAHAHALMAOHAHAHAHROFLHAHAHAH@#!@*()&#*@HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
No mention of PP but yeah, i got this **** right! lol

I think Kirby and Mario fight for the "royalties entertainment" sort of thing, then the black things come. Mario gets his *** kicked and he is captured along with the others. As the ship flies away with them inside, Zelda comunicates with Link through the triforce or something and he goes to save her but he needs help. She tells him Mario and Peach are there too and so Link goes to get Yoshi for help. He finds Yoshi but they are too late.
Mario: imprisoned
Peach and Zelda: escape and have to save Mario and Kirby
Kirby: Has to fight Meta Knight on the ship to his doom
Link and Yoshi: Travel following the ship
Along the way: Samus and Fox are imformed and come to help (Fox being shot at by Halberg)
Pit is on his own quest and Platuna tells him they're (Peach ect.) in danger and he later leaves to find them.
After Kirby fights Meta Knight, Meta Knight tells Kirby that the "dark magic guys" have taken over his ship and he's just playing along as a bad guy to find a way to stop them or find their plan.
At the end, Master hand has devised a plot to put an end to the SUPER SMASH BROS forever.
ROFL
okay, he escapes too and meets with Link and Yoshi on the ground while he's fighting the remaining.....HOLY **** THAT'S IT

ok, the dark energy dudes just attack mario cause they're really after the royalty and Kirby (for Meta Knight) so they just fight Mario and stall him so he can't stop them all. While he's fighting, Yoshi and Link arrive and Mario tells them what happened. Mario and Link (make a great hero team) devise a plan to save them so they go their sepperate ways (together sometimes) to warn the other smash bros. They make it to Samus, Fox and Pit but....
BTW Yoshi is sent to track the ship.
Meanwhile: some of the other smash bros are attacked too, (Ike, DK, Bowsers catsle is invaded, Pickachu is caught LOL, ect.... are attacked
some escape.....some don't
I totally called it! Page 242

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
Dude i just watched the clip to the new trailer and i was like 0_o mario got pwned and i was hoping kirby was going to get eaten but sadly he didnt.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I was kinda right, in a way. I said this in a different thread, but I said that in the othre games, my theory was that Master Hand was ripping wholes in worlds (the stages, mind you), so he could have his own world), or something like that. And that appears what the Primid are trying to do. This is awesome. I smell boss fights... :)

Sandy

Smash Champion
This update doesn't explain much about the Subspace Emissary thing. It actually just raised more questions. Why do they have the Halberd? Is the reason that we don't have a Meta Knight profile yet is because he's evil in this game? Why is Petey working for them instead of Bowser? How do all the different plot lines for each character tie in together? Geeze, we need more facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom