• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I'd save Peach because she's hot. If the battle leaves her unconscious afterwards even better ;D

I don't see what's so controversial. This is a single player adventure, and I'm really glad they put multiple paths in the game so you can keep coming back and get a new experience each time.

Sandy

Smash Champion
When faced with a terminal decision like that, it gives me the feeling that the Subspace Emissary will be EXTREMELY long. Not like the All-Star or Adventure Modes of Melee but much longer.

Can you imagine how long that will take to complete with each of the 30+ characters? awesome!

EDIT: I paid Brawl off!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love the branching paths and the fact petey isn't playable.

and i don't care who i'd save, as long as at some point i save the other one. but i wonder is this just kirby's story, or will multiple characters start here. if so, what would happen if you played as mario, or one of the princesses?

worldjem7

Smash Ace

That's the screen I was referring to...

And as for today's update, I agree that's extremely controversial. Will the princess you save become a CPU ally? What will happen to the one you don't choose to save? Could it be that the princess you choose affects which area/level you go to next? So many questions...

One thing I will say though: it would seem that Petey's not playable after all...
but that's just Totakeke as part of the stage if something is part of the stage then they wouldn't be a playable character

Smash Ace
Zelda > Peach because magic > ... nothing?

Petey Piranha's going to get his gut punched out by C. Falcon, that's for sure.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda gross that Petey wears nothing but underwear. Honestly, it would be less disturbing if he was just "naked".

And when this comes out, people will get around firmware updates to make AR work. These people are HARDQORE!

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
So hardcore they don't even need a 'u' after their 'q's!!

Would you rather the team develop a different storyline, or fill in different characters into the same storyline for single player, or just have one storyline? I guess the "that's time better spent making online!!!" argument is silly here, since none of us know the team's dev cycle, but what are your thoughts?

BTW, what I mean by filling in different characters in same storyline is : We saw the video for someone playing as Kirby, but if you were playing as Peach, instead Petey would be holding Mario and Luigi.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Zelda>Peach....Zelda's my main...

Peach: Ahhhhhhhhhh!
Zelda: Ok, I can just warp out of here...
Peach: Ahhhhhhhhh!
Zelda: Would you shut up!
Peach: ahhhhhhhh....
(zelda explodes peach)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I wouldn't want to save that high tier *****, she can downsmash her way out of the cage >_>
Out of the cage? She could down smash and the stadium would implode. That explosion they showed us wasn't the bomb eating the stadium, that was Peach's down smash.

Multiple story paths FTW
Indeed. I feel proud that I called this concept weeks ago when the first Emissary update was shown (not "This World..."). Too bad no one listened to me. I'll just add it to the list of things I predicted but no one listened to, like the roster size.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
sucks huh? the only thing missing is the update showing we can choose whatever character we want, cause i'm sick of people thinking this is a linear story, that you have to play as this character at this point.

i'm telling you guys, you pick whatever character you want and the stories will cross with everyone else's in some way

Sariku

Smash Master
NOTICE -

Sariku back! Need to talk to some of you about the thread. I am going though hard times at school so I havn't had much time to devote to the thread. I'll try to update alittle of it tonight or tomorrow, but if things keep going how it's been I don't know when I'll be able to get the full version of it done. But I am gonna do something, Which I could use your help on. It's a type of.. Query.

What I want you to do is submit some infomation on an update. Just like I have it set up right now, I want you guys to submitt your info on an update by Email. So for a Template, I'll give you guys this.

Update Name - (Name of the accual update from SmashBros.com)
Section - (Music, How to Play, Stages, Whatever. NO CHARACTERS.)
General Info - (Like how I set up my stuff.)

Send it all to sariku.uchiha@hotmail.com. Make sure the Subject says the Name of the Update, you guys can submitt as much as you want, but note I do not have to use it if I don't want to. I got this Idea from Colbusman, so thank him guys!

Sariku

Smash Master
is it ok if I put it as "All updates" ? lol
Try to limit yourself to 5 Updates at the max for now... 5 a week, that way other people can try. Since this is the end of the week, you can do 5 today. Then Tomorrow the New Week starts. Note again, I don't HAVE to let anyone have it in, so also don't get mad or sad if it doesnt' get in. I probably have reasons.

Again, I can change it to as many as you want, but I want the community to give their 2 cents

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Well it's not like I'm stopping anyone from submitting their own info on updates. Someone could have a better update info than I do so then you'd use theirs instead of mine (if you consider it) but, like you said, you don't have to accept anyone's update info. Also, I wasn't planning on doing 50 emails of each individual update(if that's what you were thinking). I was going to put it all on one big email so that way if other people submit anything you can still check theirs and not be swamped by 50 emails from 1 person.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well it's not like I'm stopping anyone from submitting their own info on updates. Someone could have a better update info than I do so then you'd use theirs instead of mine (if you consider it) but, like you said, you don't have to accept anyone's update info. Also, I wasn't planning on doing 50 emails of each individual update(if that's what you were thinking). I was going to put it all on one big email so that way if other people submit anything you can still check theirs and not be swamped by 50 emails from 1 person.
I would accually prefer one email per update. That way if I need to relook at a specific email submission, I wont have to browse through one with multiple every now and then.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'll help out as much as i can sariku. this thread really needs completion, cause it's a good idea.

one thing i can submit now though, is i don't think you should post the legality of the stages. we don't know how they'll play out yet, and those are really opinionated, so no legal stuff on stages

Sariku

Smash Master
I have the Tournament Legality in there not from my opinions, but from majorities of opinions that I've heard. I mean, you can't say Battle Field won't be Tournament Legal and Rumble Falls will. Now if its Undecided I'll say Melee, but for sure I have the YES and NO's.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
still, no one knows how these stages will play. i've heard from even the moderators that Rumble Falls could be legal if the scrolling stays constant. and some stages, like Skyworld, are a mixture cause you know we can stand on the clouds.

it just sound opinionated cause we have no idea how these will play out. sure we know stages like battlefield will be legal, but i think we should wait and see how they'll turn out before we start throwing our judgements out

Sariku

Smash Master
Hmm, well... we COULD take a community Vote on the things, everyone gives their Input on all the stages, and we just sorta compile it up. If their wrong when the game comes out, we just change it. Plus I was going by the Melee tournament Rules. Brawl could have completely different rules, but we'll just have to wait I Suppose

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Hmm, well... we COULD take a community Vote on the things, everyone gives their Input on all the stages, and we just sorta compile it up. If their wrong when the game comes out, we just change it. Plus I was going by the Melee tournament Rules. Brawl could have completely different rules, but we'll just have to wait I Suppose
Just wait until the game releases. This is an info thread, not a speculation or mass opinion thread.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
of course it's gonna have different rules Sariku since the stages play out differently this time around, who knows what knid of rules they'll throw out so we can say we don't know until the official statements concernung tourney play, but yea Spicy Curry FTW!! I dunno but I like this item for some reason even though I play mostly in tourneys

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Meta Knight looks like the best new character. He looks sick, and his moves look sick too. Meta Knight looks a lot better then that Pit, my friends are always saying "Pit is the best", then I say something like "no", and then it goes on, and on.
But it doesn't matter anyway, because Snake owns every new character so far!!!

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
This update provides further evidence to the "You control/are the AT" Theory - would it be that bad a feature?
You morph into Andross, and keep tapping A to produce more Panels?
Tap A to throw more Hammers as a Hammer Bro?
Knuckle Joe final hit - A = Rising Break, B = Smash?
Nintendog - A = Left Paw Up, B = Right Paw Up?
I'm all for it.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this update was mind-blowing. It's like a 3 in one, showing the moves of an un-featured character, a (lame) how-to-play, and old school andross AT. Andross, by the way, is AWESOME in that old form.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
This update provides further evidence to the "You control/are the AT" Theory - would it be that bad a feature?
You morph into Andross, and keep tapping A to produce more Panels?
Tap A to throw more Hammers as a Hammer Bro?
Knuckle Joe final hit - A = Rising Break, B = Smash?
Nintendog - A = Left Paw Up, B = Right Paw Up?
I'm all for it.
"Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that."

Straight from the horses mouth.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
"Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that."

Straight from the horses mouth.
Heh, must have overlooked that. *reprimands self with cane of discipline*
Hmm, then maybe the AT just takes over from you for a short period. It may still replace you, just controlling is out the bag - shame, I looked forward to choosing my finishing hit with Knuckle Joe

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
No, I'm pretty sure not.
Think of it this way-AT's are the pokeballs & pokemon for the other games.

P.S. Those aren't all of the Pokemon's moves with pokemon trainer are they? I doubt it, but...
Wouldn't that suck?
Also, Ivysaur's bullet seed seems useless if it only go's straight up. :(

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm pretty sure not.
Think of it this way-AT's are the pokeballs & pokemon for the other games.

P.S. Those aren't all of the Pokemon's moves with pokemon trainer are they? I doubt it, but...
Wouldn't that suck?
Also, Ivysaur's bullet seed seems useless if it only go's straight up. :(
"The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!"

There are three per pokemon, Sakurai just witheld ( 2 "h" 's in withheld??? don't know. ok) the other attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom