• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
unless you were being sarcastic, I don't think so, sure he'll spoil us here and there, but I don't think he would do that because if he did then people wouldn't be as interested if the game remained a mystery

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Diddy Kong. Surprising, this week is becoming an awesome week of updates, I look forward to Thursday and Friday's...

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Jesus. Ok xianfeng just died and went to heaven so maybe he'll stop bitc hing about diddy being in brawl now. RIDLEY NOW! And K. Rool. And then I'LL be quiet.

Sandy

Smash Champion
This is awesome. I figured Diddy Kong would have been added for Melee, but as we all know he wasn't. I'm pretty pumped about this.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Diddy Kong fights a lot like Eddie Gordo, and I don't have a problem with that!

I think it will be pretty funny in the Subspace Emissary mission if, after a bomb detonates, it opens a black hole, but then Snake falls through. When he gets up he looks around to see toads and koopas staring at him. That would be hilarious.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
LOL, yes it would.
I actually didn't expect this update AT ALL. This is awesome. I actually Nintendo would maybe fail to put Diddy in once again. But they pulled through. :) Sweet. Diddy will probably have a moveset lots of us imagined, at least to some extent.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks like Diddy Kong fights a lot like Eddie Gordo, and I don't have a problem with that!

I think it will be pretty funny in the Subspace Emissary mission if, after a bomb detonates, it opens a black hole, but then Snake falls through. When he gets up he looks around to see toads and koopas staring at him. That would be hilarious.
Diddy Kong Lies cheats and steals. o.O

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it's a good thing Diddy Kong made it but it too bad that dixie wasn't along side him as a duo like everyone thought

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol about time. I was suprised Diddy wasn't included in Melee. I'm glad he's not paired with Dixie Kong.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
GO diddy! i am so relieved Sakurai didn't screw him over by pairing him with dixie. who needs a dixie chick when you've got a jetpack and peanut gun?

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I hope they add at least another character from the DK series, its still underrepped considering how much its done for Nintendo, I mean, Mario and DK starred in their first game TOGETHER. Its just as old as Mario, but in melee, had about a sixth of the rep mario did (Not including levels and items!).

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I think that will do for the DK series, DK and Diddy are the main, so that will do, but if they do add more characters from the DK series that would be ok. I'm hoping that they will add a new series to the game (I'm hoping Pikmin).

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
EFF THAT. DK and Diddy enough? God **** at least add K. Rool. I would love it if they fit Cranky Kong in there somewhere because he's just so hilarious (and possibly the original DK). A A A combo = Cane to the head, cane to the head, take out their knees! Tell me that isn't gold!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
if anyone, it should be Kirby or Fox. i still don't understand why sakurai won't show Kirby's cook ability yet
EDIT: off-topic, giga you changed your avatar. now we don't have the same. thank goodness cause i swear we always have posts next to each other and i always think i double posted

Sandy

Smash Champion
I just read the little entry deal for K.K. Rider and it leads me to believe that perhaps Nook will be in Brawl. Just read . . .

"Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

I'm assuming a little, but I think the "hero" is Nook. I'm not a crazy Nook fan either. It just kinda makes sense, well to me at least.

I guess Yoshi's smash originates from the Super Mario World games where he could spit fire as well as get wings and fly... very interesting, I'm glad his FS isn't something lame like throwing eggs everywhere.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi grows wings and breathes fire? Sounds like a reference to Super Mario World. Great job Sakurai.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I just read the little entry deal for K.K. Rider and it leads me to believe that perhaps Nook will be in Brawl. Just read . . .

"Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

I'm assuming a little, but I think the "hero" is Nook. I'm not a crazy Nook fan either. It just kinda makes sense, well to me at least.

I guess Yoshi's smash originates from the Super Mario World games where he could spit fire as well as get wings and fly... very interesting, I'm glad his FS isn't something lame like throwing eggs everywhere.
I think that's a good assumption, except for the fact that I took this to mean that maybe K.K. Slider/K.K. Rider/Totakeke would be unlockable, rather that Tom Nook. The reason why I think is is because that Sakurai specifically mentioned this little detail while talking about one of K.K.'s songs. You could be right, and he could very well be talking about Tom Nook, but this little hint coupled with that screenshot where Slider seems to be preparing to step into battle, makes me believe he could be a hidden character in Brawl, although I could be totally wrong. We'll just have to wait and see...

worldjem7

Smash Ace
but this little hint coupled with that screenshot where Slider seems to be preparing to step into battle, makes me believe he could be a hidden character in Brawl, although I could be totally wrong. We'll just have to wait and see...
what screenshot? link please

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Petey Piranha...that update is too controversial. I would probably save Zelda, but if you have to play as Mario than Peach may be the better choice...
o.O Tough decision. Hmmm...

EDIT: Actually it looks as if you fight as Kirby...and I just remembered that Mario got hit with a bullet bill type thing in the video clip.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
what screenshot? link please

That's the screen I was referring to...

And as for today's update, I agree that's extremely controversial. Will the princess you save become a CPU ally? What will happen to the one you don't choose to save? Could it be that the princess you choose affects which area/level you go to next? So many questions...

One thing I will say though: it would seem that Petey's not playable after all...

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I'm curious now if this mode forces you to play as many different characters.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.. maybe more people will get action replay now? Uh oh... Does that make the more conventional badguys boss battles instead? Pleasepleaseplease make mother brain a boss battle and not ridley...

Sandy

Smash Champion
I'd save Zelda... simply because in the Subspace Emissary videos Peach was always gasping in fear while Zelda had her game face on. Shes my ride or die chick, plus we all know if Zelda and Peach were to fight (not necessarily in SSB, but in general) Zelda would murder Peach in a heartbeat. So yea Zelda FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom