• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I could easily say that Salem's ZSS is definitely a level or two above any other ZSS.
That coupled with people not actually being experts or close to in the ZSS match up resulted in Apex.

He has better item play, spacing and timing than any other ZSS I've seen. Most MK players such as M2K don't actually know MUs and win against a majority of players by just being that much better than them as players. How frustrating would it be to M2K that he can't just froll to dsmash you the moment he gets slightly in your head? He most definitely relies on the cheese (you know, the cheese he invented) in one way or another and when it doesn't work because someone's prepared for it... you shot me down, bang bang

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It doesn't take that long to learn a match up. Two players played and one just happened to play better than the other at that moment in time

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
The best part was that today at work I cleaned and tested a copy of John Madden Football for SNES without even knowing it was superbowl sunday

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
and it was the only snes game in the trade-in pile, i feel like my boss left it there for me as a joke cause he knows i'm an irl spammer

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Here is where I call BS. If Meta Short hops dairs, Peach can go in and full hop dair, hitting him out of it. If the Peach sucks at it and does not wanna risk it, The player can wait for a nado approach and Fsmash him. Which is Peach best and safe option. If Peach ever gets caught in the move, she is one of the better characters in the game that pops out like 80% of the time and can get a free nair. So this would mean that If Meta tornados peach, he puts himself in a bad position 80% of the time with tornado. For it leads to a free hit. Tornado would cause me about 4 % -10%. While he takes 13% from a nair out of his nado. And this is SERIOUSLY not hard to do at all.

Now meta can't really nado Peach or short hop dair for free. he does not know what else too do. He is now aware of being punished by this and Peach does not have to worry about is as much, giving more of a chance to get in and beat the hell out of the fool. Meta would just depend on luck to win now. Just doing stuff and hope it works. Knowledge > luck.

See what I mean now? if Peach would have lost, people think MK was playing the match up right and nothing peach could have done about it. Which is a lie. People will always look at the best options of winning and make an excuse for their loses. But they would never look at the characters that don't matter so much in peoples eyes and think suck. This is how we improve metagames? This is how we work together to make the game more fun and balanced? This is how we learn our options?

This is why people lose to the same thing all the time instead of taking a hint then maybe there was something about the enemy you did not know about before. Something new and discovered that is getting you good and actually legit in the match up. It's always cause match up was played bad since you been winning like this for a long time. Give credit to thus players that actually get butts handed to them to take the time to try new things and be creative. Not relay on the same typical play all the time and hopes it works. Again, look at how long it took people to actually put down snake.

And you wanna know how my post holds more meaning then anything? How many times do I have to fair your shield and jab you to let you know you can not attack or grab after the fair. If I fair and Jab you can not punish that in between unless you are Marth You have to block or evade. This is 2013, and people (even top players) still try to attack/grab
me out of shield after fair to jab. People depend that I mess up the spacing to get a grab that not even worth it. Cause most of the time, you are gonna get slapped. If you get a hit in, its cause I messed up. And that's what people hope fore alot. Dumb luck and never take a hint.
Issues with this, all mk has to do is wait for Peach to do something. If she pulls a turnip he now gets to nado for free, if she jumps into the air he now gets to nado for free or sl if she's near him. I don't know what mk would ever sh dair > sh fair for this MU considering once she jumps air SL coming out on frame 1. Also for Fsmash to beat nado you either need club to reach him inside his nado or for mk to challenge a charging fsmash which they never have to do.

MK's don't need to learn the Peach mu because you put in triple the work they do and they still win this horrendus MU. Though to be fair no one uses her no real need to learn the MU.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus should move down on the tier list.

She is an obviously overrated character and Salem getting LUCKY with her isn't any different than Shaky getting as far as he did with Ness.

If Zero Suit Samus was better than we thought, then she would be already higher on the tier list.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus should move down on the tier list.

She is an obviously overrated character and Salem getting LUCKY with her isn't any different than Shaky getting as far as he did with Ness.

If Zero Suit Samus was better than we thought, then she would be already higher on the tier list.
Honestly.. look at the chars below her. She may not be 'amazing' to you, but she's better than the rest of those unviables lol.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I'm talking in general, for the people that keep using this excuse.

Then it it should never be brought up at all. Yet people do it when something such as the event at apex happens. They never bring it up to the other side (the character that people claim suck and don't matter at high levels)

I have a good example for you. Peach plays an top MK. All this MK does is short hop dair 2 to 3 times to nado. That's it, this was his only means to get her in the air of off stage for cheap kills. This is all he knows in that match up. If the Peach player was to lose, I assure you people would think Meta play the match up correctly and so did peach. There was nothing Peach could do about it. The player did the best he could. And he was suppose to lose.

Here is where I call BS. If Meta Short hops dairs, Peach can go in and full hop dair, hitting him out of it. If the Peach sucks at it and does not wanna risk it, The player can wait for a nado approach and Fsmash him. Which is Peach best and safe option. If Peach ever gets caught in the move, she is one of the better characters in the game that pops out like 80% of the time and can get a free nair. So this would mean that If Meta tornados peach, he puts himself in a bad position 80% of the time with tornado. For it leads to a free hit. Tornado would cause me about 4 % -10%. While he takes 13% from a nair out of his nado. And this is SERIOUSLY not hard to do at all.

Now meta can't really nado Peach or short hop dair for free. he does not know what else too do. He is now aware of being punished by this and Peach does not have to worry about is as much, giving more of a chance to get in and beat the hell out of the fool. Meta would just depend on luck to win now. Just doing stuff and hope it works. Knowledge > luck.

See what I mean now? if Peach would have lost, people think MK was playing the match up right and nothing peach could have done about it. Which is a lie. People will always look at the best options of winning and make an excuse for their loses. But they would never look at the characters that don't matter so much in peoples eyes and think suck. This is how we improve metagames? This is how we work together to make the game more fun and balanced? This is how we learn our options?

This is why people lose to the same thing all the time instead of taking a hint then maybe there was something about the enemy you did not know about before. Something new and discovered that is getting you good and actually legit in the match up. It's always cause match up was played bad since you been winning like this for a long time. Give credit to thus players that actually get butts handed to them to take the time to try new things and be creative. Not relay on the same typical play all the time and hopes it works. Again, look at how long it took people to actually put down snake.

And you wanna know how my post holds more meaning then anything? How many times do I have to fair your shield and jab you to let you know you can not attack or grab after the fair. If I fair and Jab you can not punish that in between unless you are Marth You have to block or evade. This is 2013, and people (even top players) still try to attack/grab
me out of shield after fair to jab. People depend that I mess up the spacing to get a grab that not even worth it. Cause most of the time, you are gonna get slapped. If you get a hit in, its cause I messed up. And that's what people hope fore alot. Dumb luck and never take a hint.
this post is fkn gold! :bee:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll go for a grab from Peach's fair like that if I were certain the height at which she did it / it's been relatively staled hence skewing Peach's advantage to little. Just holding shield longer will tend to make the Peach also wait longer (or do things more awkwardly) than previously, in which case, sure I'll grab/attack~

Point
|
My head though

∫unk

Smash Master
Does anyone know MK's win rate?

If I had to take a guess, MK has a 60-65% win rate. Scary thing is, he actually had a higher win rate until the BR nerfed him. Examples include IDC, LGL, and even stagelist hurts his win rate. My guess is he sits at 80-85% without those limitations.

As a point of reference, in LoL a champion that hits 54% win rate is under scrutiny for op. No champion on their 100+ roster has over a 56% win rate.

As far as ZSS goes, ZSS is a really good champion because she can combo she has mobility and she has the potential to hit you really hard from a solid neutral setup (d-smash, side-b). She should be higher.

Champions like ZSS and Olimar were originally lower on the tier list because the players didn't know the best recoveries. Metaknight's weight lets other champions stand a fight vs him as long as they aren't giving up too much recovery damage.

I think in general, as a metagame progresses, the finesse and mobility champions should decline in win rate while the attrition champions should gain in win rate. The attrition champions learn exactly when it is the best time to trade while the mobility champions get less opportunities to use their superior mobility to punish.

And this is why DDD will become a King again. I can dream right? :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hold A button and have tap jump off.
Angle shield slightly upwards towards your enemy.
Learn to mash shield DI and switch it up into a grab.

Improvement over "dedede with super shield di skills wins everything".

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I'll go for a grab from Peach's fair like that if I were certain the height at which she did it / it's been relatively staled hence skewing Peach's advantage to little. Just holding shield longer will tend to make the Peach also wait longer (or do things more awkwardly) than previously, in which case, sure I'll grab/attack~

Point
|
My head though
If you buffer the grab when Peach fairs your shield you can always grab her, her hand hurtbox is connected to her fair it's not some disjointed crown. This only applies if she fair's from the air falling to the grond, if she ground fairs she can space it extremely well to not be grabbed. However anyone with an invincible oos option can punish her fair upon hitting their shield.

The only characters who cannot grab Peachs fair is Ganon, Zelda, Luigi and any tether. Ganon has far too short reach, Zelda's grab is too slow, Luigi will slide from the impact, and the tether grabs have enough start up for her to get away, oli is an exception however. Though she can still slap oli and break the grab assuming he doesn't bait the jabs.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers can grab it? I doubt that.
You do realize the only way she 'wins' the IC mu is from dair camping and then hitting nana to the blast line. Touch IC with anything but dair results her getting grabbed. Hell if you don't dair directly on top of IC they can grab her foot from the last hit of dair if she is diagonally in front of them. Their grab range is ********.

Also... since a lot of people tend to not know, Peachs hurtboxes are always within her hitbox range, nothing she has is some invincible disjoint like Dk's bair.. or a bunch of bairs. You give her faaaaaar too much credit when people who know her weakness can abuse them very well.

I'll state what I said previous, that it doesn't really matter though. No one plays Peach no real need to know the mu. lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peachydesu please stop talking about Peach. You have no damn clue what you are talking about.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peachydesu please stop talking about Peach. You have no damn clue what you are talking about.
lol yes, ofc I don't. That's why there are so many peachs DOMINATING the scene. ;)

If your swf account is accurate have fun with your non viable main. <3

Can't wait till you quit like most other Peachs did! :D

Oh wait.. I mean 'Peach has damage.. so much damage! She ko's MAD EARLY!!!' Am I doin it right?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just because you don't know anything about your character doesn't mean you should go for personal insult when you run out of arguments.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Just because you don't know anything about your character doesn't mean you should go for personal insult when you run out of arguments.
You don't know your own character you should say. I may not have out of country experience, but I do have region experience from my time active in our smash community. Ofc that doesn't matter I assume.

My placements at the time were fine placing top 5, myself only losing to MK's in our bracket.. but no I know nothing of my character lol.

Brawl Drama, it never ends~

Though I'm not joking, Peach will never be viable with MK unbanned. :3

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah? So what? I play her because she is fun, I don't care how good or bad she is. I also place top 5 in my region. That still doesn't mean you can shieldgrab Peachs fair lmao where did you get that one from?

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah? So what? I play her because she is fun, I don't care how good or bad she is. I also place top 5 in my region. That still doesn't mean you can shieldgrab Peachs fair lmao where did you get that one from?
From characters who did so, on multiple occasions once I told them to just buffer the grab. ;) Our resident d3 main started to show how sd'ing it to make it easier. However that being said I rarely use fair in the air when she can do so on the ground with a lack of being grabbed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Peach is out of lag while the other character is still in shieldstun. You can grab them before they can grab you. Peach fair is the best example of a move that is unpunishable on block.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peach is out of lag while the other character is still in shieldstun. You can grab them before they can grab you. Peach fair is the best example of a move that is unpunishable on block.
if done one the ground.. yes, from the air no. Her hitlag is extremely bad (a huge cause for why her ko power sucks) and her fall speed + air speed is balls, against anyone buffering the grab they can grab her save those I stated above. Anyone not buffering the grab she can easily jab to disrupt the grab attempt. They can opt for two things, buffer the grab grabbing her once she touches the floor even if she lands on the ac frames, or block the probably incoming jab attempt which some people might do or not and get hit.

If she does fair from the ground she negate all this since there's no 'air time' for when she needs to ac the hit. She can ac the fair ON hit instead of continuing to fall. There's no reason a Peach should fair from the air given she's completely lagless on the ground.

Though i'm going to assume you know she keeps dash momentum on her ground float fair due to a bug in the games programming if you input dash - cancel animation ground fair.

Oh right I don't know my character though. ^^

On a side note, anyone who is using MK who DOES NOT punish her fair from the air with SL for shame, freest thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom