• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Ahh Even tho i know peach has her issues, I enjoy how she constantly stays in the same spot and slowly move up XD

Life

Smash Hero
As posted in Sonic General:
Storytime!

So I'm playing Roller in friendlies before bracket :popo:

I play Sonic for a couple of games (twostocked and threestocked, managed to gimp Nana once and that's about it) and I get bored so I go random.

The stage is Delfino. I get Bowser.

I say something along the lines of "Well, crap. Wait, isn't this supposedly like an even matchup or something?"

So I spend a decent chunk of the game trying to figure out what I can get away with without lagging massively because I don't play Bowser. He gets a grab pretty quickly, but stage transition breaks the grab. So I camp harder and eventually get grabbed again anyway. Like I said, I don't play Bowser.

So it's the transition before the part on the one rooftop, I'm on my second stock, and I manage to snag Nana with side-B. So I Bowsercide, successfully jump out of it (which I was never able to do while actually trying), and the stage comes up and saves me. So I eventually kill Popo (with a down-B no less), die two more times, and that's the game.

In case you didn't see what happened:

With Bowser, a character I don't play and have no idea how to play, I did as well or better against Ice Climbers than with Sonic, my main.

tl;dr? Bowser versus Climbers really is even. 0_o

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
As posted in Sonic General:
So it's the transition before the part on the one rooftop, I'm on my second stock, and I manage to snag Nana with side-B. So I Bowsercide, successfully jump out of it (which I was never able to do while actually trying), and the stage comes up and saves me. So I eventually kill Popo (with a down-B no less), die two more times, and that's the game.
I'm no Bowser expert and I've never played a Bowser. How exactly did you Bowsercide and jump out of it? (O_o)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Easy. Use Bowsercide, and before you die at the bottom blast zone you can jump out. Usually this is meaningless, since Bowser's vertical recovery is balls and 95% of the time he would still die, but in that case it saved him

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Ah I see. Also, it begins...
Bowser's neutral B makes this matchup really challenging. His dtilt is also really scary. I used to think this matchup was in Bowser's favor, but it's probably even.
Yeah it's too strong :< I've tried for years to try and counter it but honestly it's the best tool bowser has in edgeguarding the ICs and approaching as well. I think the MU can be won by ICs if they're really good at it, but it seems to be pretty difficult for me :/ also Delux agrees with me.
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I came up with a way where I bearly have to use fair as Peach. I figured out the ways of the bair lock on a hard knock down after hours of viewing the video very closely and the damage from the bair.

(Yea I can do the bair now lock and there is many ways I can set this up. So yet ANOTHER method to rack up damage and keep my moves fresh. Peach looking good so far, still much work to do.)

So I set my L button to jump. I wanted to see what other things I can do with L as jump instead of my bair lock. I can tilt the stick the other way then quickly jump and Peach will be facing the other way. Then hit the C stick foward and I can bair. So instead of having a 16 frame move infront of me, I can switch that with a 6 frame move. This makes it much easier to get in on marth now, since one of her best tools to get in is her bair.

Fair I would use as a FRESH finisher or to start shield pressure. Now I won't be havig bair so much staled (thats the point of my mission in fixing her metagame). But with this, I just took care of having a slow option in front of me. I can still keep my momentum with this too.

I also got the footstool lock down on DK and DDD. Thats my progress so far.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Ivysaur can D-air everyone, Squirtle and Charizard can D-air many characters. Bullet Seed and Fly also work on many characters.

I know Ivysaur can N-air Wario as well (it should also work on Yoshi then, I remember an old thread saying that Jigglypuff could rest Yoshi and Wario out of a footstool).

I guess some characters can hit Wario out of a footstool. Are there any characters that can be hit out of a footstool easier than the others (like Wario/Yoshi (?) )?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:metaknight: gets a guaranteed Dair from a ground footstool. It's the best way to separate :popo: lol. Dair camp>Ground footstool dair>KILL.

:018:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur just has an incredibly low grab hitbox, which is basically the equivalent of that. :(

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have a hard time believing anyone just "can't grab out of the air" because of hitbox placement, unless it's just lower than the landing detection.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Every character can grab you out of the air

Except tethers (?)
Oli and Lucas can both grab you in the air. With the other people who said so then yea, tether characters are ok for grabbing people out of the air.

It's just... unless you're oli, yoshi or lucas, that's incredibly unsafe to do. :/

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Ivysaur's pivot grab is just as fast as Lucas' (kindaish). It just has poor range in comparison to the other pivot tether grabs. :happysheep:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ivysaur's pivot grab is just as fast as Lucas' (kindaish). It just has poor range in comparison to the other pivot tether grabs. :happysheep:
Oh? I apologize then, I honestly didn't know. In that case, the statement should be, "Unless you're oli, ivy, yoshi or Lucas, that's incredibly unsafe to do." =)

Also, is it just me, or is yoshi's pivot grab slightly slower than lucas' pivot grab? It could be that i'm used to my main... maybe it's just the animation looks slower than it is? Just feels slower, anyway...

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Yoshi's pivot grab is 14 frames faster than Lucas' it seems. Also reflex if you could tell me ivy pivot grab frame data that'd be nice, I couldn't find it anywhere. .- .

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yoshi's pivot grab is 14 frames faster than Lucas' it seems. Also reflex if you could tell me ivy pivot grab frame data that'd be nice, I couldn't find it anywhere. .- .
O_O

That's nuts.

Yeah, I looked it up as well, Lucas' grabs earlier I think though. I can check again. Also gonna look for ivy's.

EDIT: Nope, Yoshi's grabs earlier than Lucas' as well. I must be going insane.

I also couldn;'t find ivy's pivot grab frame data. Why, Shaya, why??

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
when you guys play this game do you actually think about frame data? idk how it all works together..

bubbaking

Smash Hero
DDD's grabs almost out-range Ivy's. :awesome:

when you guys play this game do you actually think about frame data? idk how it all works together..
Well, it's not like anyone's frame-perfect, but knowing frame data does give one a general idea of what's safe in certain situations, and it also allows one to figure out what follow-ups are possible in specific scenarios. For instance, knowing DDD's frame advantage on his dthrow and GRs dictate what follow-ups he has. An example is the guaranteed dtilt he gets off of pummel releasing the PK kids. As a guideline, human reaction time is a little faster than 0.2 seconds. With 60 frames per second, that's 12 frames, so I wouldn't expect any normal human being to be able to react to anything with faster than 10 frames of startup.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Bubbaking has it. I don't think in frame data in a real match. What I do is learn something with frame data, practice it and use the muscle memory from that to help me in a match. That's how I learnt the ICs CG, rather than using when they hit the ground or whatever indicator they give you. It takes time but it works. =)

It also allows you to theorycraft much better. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom