• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
bubbaking, Egg Lay is Yoshi's Neutral B... a command grab...
Oh, I thought it was his upB... :awesome:

DDD beating mid/low tiers does not mean he should be high tier automatically... And its not even an auto win for him minus the infinite.
Well, he's already high tier, I just think he should be moved up inside high tier. Also, I thought +4 = auto-win. He doesn't need the infinite. :p

Edit: And if you read my previous post thoroughly, you'd see that I think D3 should move up not only because he beats "mid/low tiers". He also takes out top tier chars like Wario, Snake, and Marth, and for the most part, his only really bad MUs are top tier chars.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi's Up B is also safe on shield. Yoshi's lag ends before the egg even hits, and the egg also has 2 hitboxes, so if you powershield the egg itself, the egg's explosion will get you. Not to mention, like I said, Yoshi's lag already had ended about... 10 or so frames before the egg even connected, unless of course the egg was thrown really low or hit something almost directly after being thrown.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah probably...though if the opponent is tossing eggs at a distance where you can shield the eggs and shield grab the Yoshi...you shouldn't be having any trouble XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ This. Also, you're going to need to wait until the second hit on shield before you grab, otherwise you'll still get hit by the explosion.

Cassio

Smash Master
Eh FLorida is good
But I think New England might be becoming just as good as them

Fatal
Shugo
Bloodcross
Bizkit
peach woman

And a couple others...
:facepalm: I think the ones who could rival top 4 is MD/VA, but their good players never seem to care about brawl at the same time. Also I will never forget that they lost to PA in a crew battle.

Also socal for best region if MK were legitimately banned everywhere.
Ally went back to snake?

either way I agree with this sentiment.
He goes all snake for MK banned I believe.

C.J.

Smash Master
Ally posted on FB that he wants to start using almost all Snake again in preparation for the Japanese tournament coming up as he feels that they're not used to a Snake on the level that he believes that he can play Snake at with practice.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
That is epic.
About Ally using only Snake for MK banned, he comes to quite a few tournaments here in Toronto. I've seen him use characters like Snake, Falco and Lucario (I've faced all 3 of these) and I think he has also used ROB.

To be fair, he doesn't really have trouble against anyone in our region so perhaps he's just experimenting/fooling around. Though he did beat his brother's ROB with Lucario 3-1 in GFs.

zmx

Smash Lord
Ally can use the entire cast proficiently (according to him) save for 3 characters. I don't remember which ones they were.

V115 I've seen him use at least 10 different characters in our tournys alone xD.

I saw him beat Tinman and logic with ROB. Against tinman I think he won with Mario once as well. Yes I know. It's just not fair.

Anyway which Japanese tourney are you guys talking about?

Gnes

Smash Master
For once I agree with Cassio, snake is definitely second best.

As for Razer, since I doubt he will say anything for himself...

Razer would be showing better current results if he were concentrating more on smash and less on school/life/etc... He's been pretty busy and only able to attend our local tourneys. I do believe as far as regional lvl go I might possibly be better, but overall and nationally Razer has shown better results. And he's still first on our PR.

Razer was still the highest placing snake at apex, and I don't see Ally beating anyone with snake who Razer hasn't beat, or potentially can beat. Same with Havok.

The important point is...and always has been...snake is better than diddy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think Snake is 2nd best - that title probably belongs to ICs.

It's true that Snake is better than Diddy though. All that talk about Snake "getting figured out" that started back in 2009 [and still hasn't proven true at all] has applied to Diddy a bit more. If Snake actually ends up slipping down on the tierlist then it's because of IC / Olimar players stepping it up - those two characters are potentially better than Snake ... Diddy isn't.

:059:

Cassio

Smash Master
I dont think ICs or Olimar work above snake with the current stagelist. Im not really sure how to feel about diddy, used to think he was better than he probably really is.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
How the hell is Yui doing so well in Japan, doesn't Japan have ICs like everywhere?
And why isn't Kakera going ICs o.o

Though, point taken, Yui is godlike. His zoning is amazing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I bet half a year ago most people would've bashed Kakera's MK instead of giving Yui props XD

How the hell is Yui doing so well in Japan, doesn't Japan have ICs like everywhere?
And why isn't Kakera going ICs o.o
Kakera doesn't play ICs anymore so atm 9B [who doesn't live in Yui's region] is the only noteworthy IC player in Japan. The others are on a level that Yui can take care of with his MK.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bet half a year ago most people would've bashed Kakera's MK instead of giving Yui props XD
Kakera didn't play as well as he could've, he deserves to be criticized as much as Yui deserves to be celebrated.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I dont think ICs or Olimar work above snake with the current stagelist. Im not really sure how to feel about diddy, used to think he was better than he probably really is.
I can see what you mean @ ICs but Olimar? He's amazing on pretty much every CP <_<

Laem

Smash Champion
Great set and both players played well (one obviously better). However to me this displays Fox's good MK MU moreso than Fox being good in general, in the same way Fow beats MKs with Ness.

Cassio

Smash Master
Is it trendy for the Japanese to use the American version of brawl?
I can see what you mean @ ICs but Olimar? He's amazing on pretty much every CP <_<

I tend to see olimars lose games or MUs they otherwise dominate on RC and Brinstar. Maybe its not that bad but I think it gives snake a nudge. The other CPs are fine though.

BSP

Smash Legend
This is late, but Sonic's ASC is safe on shield. If I'm wrong, I've yet to see anyone punish him for hitting their shield with it and keeping the hitboxes going.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I tend to see olimars lose games or MUs they otherwise dominate on RC and Brinstar. Maybe its not that bad but I think it gives snake a nudge. The other CPs are fine though.
Never seen that. Pretty sure Olimar ***** on both stages ... then again nobody except a couple of areas in the US use these stages anyway.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
^ This. Also, you're going to need to wait until the second hit on shield before you grab, otherwise you'll still get hit by the explosion.
Well, theoretically, couldn't you just PS the first hit and grab armor through the second hit? Maybe the grab doesn't come out fast enough....

That's what happens when you DI it correctly...
Apparently, only the Japanese can do it right. :p

Never seen that. Pretty sure Olimar ***** on both stages ... then again nobody except a couple of areas in the US use these stages anyway.

Yeah, the important areas. :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's what happens when you DI it correctly...
More than just that. He SDI'd up/maybe a tad towards MK which exaggerates how the arch looks, and shuttle loop had previously been staled at 6:35ish. DI was not alone in the process lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I was kind of talking about the distance of the knockback, rather than the trajectory...

Unless you hit with the sourspot at the very end of the move, ASL doesn't ever send opponents such short distances at 60%, like, ever.

That video doesn't seem to comply >___>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Again, it was staled and he SDI'd up/probably a tad closer.

Look at the same video right around 0:54/55. He gets the same kind of effect, only this time with Shuttle loop staled even further (he's at higher % but it translates roughly the same) and SDIing towards MK. (Not the grounded shuttle loop in that time frame, the shuttle loop immediately afterwards that's in the air. Same kind of drifty arching look)

It's impressive no doubt and would be optimal vs even fresh usually killing SL hits. I'm just pointing out that it's more than DI that is producing what you are watching. The archs will look exaggerated to you if you don't factor that in. Without SDI you can still get the DI arch, but that trajectory isn't as severe looking as that DI path combined with SDI and stale.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Assuming its spaced to hit your shield right before Sonic lands, Sonic will have a frame advantage and there will be no guaranteed punish.

Special moves that can be shield cancelled on landing have 0 landing lag so you would still be in shield stun and Sonic would be free to spotdodge, roll or start his grab before you can start yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom