• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
I bet 85% of the bbr doesn't know **** about jiggs/has never ever played a good jiggs, so they'd just put her 2nd/3th worse for no reason.. Kinda amusing.
No, she's bad. Jiggs is only good at timing out, and her only really good moves are fair(her best move overall imo), nair, and pound. Bair's meh. Good jiggs players will rarely ever touch the ground or approach, so it makes for a long, boring, campy match -__-

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
She's bad, and there's no reason to split hairs if she's worse than Ganon or better than Mario. I'm sure we can all agree that she's Low-Tier, and that she represents less than 1% of the competitive metagame, combined with the rest of the low tier characters. I, personally, hate subdividing characters into number order and into categories down to the letter H. I'm content with just having characters in the main tiers that matter:

Top - Da Bess.
High - Bulk of tournament match ups. Can survive in the Metagame without secondaries.
Middle - Pocket/Counter Pick Potential. Viable in some smaller regions as a main.
Low - Exotic counter-picks. Exposes match-up inexperience. Not truly viable.

Don't worry about the number values associated with characters, but rather the groupings that they are with.
I interpreted that as something along the lines of I don't care what you think and I won't bother to try o_O

Harsh lol..

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
San, do you know anything about Jiggs' matchups against Falcon and Ganon?

:059:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Edit: Actually, ignore, this was a bit in bad taste...

for your sig to show up you need at either a quote and a line of text or 3 lines of text by itself

edit: it may be based on how big it is

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
During the voting procedure, were people allowed to place characters in the same rank? eg Dedede and ZSS are tied at 11th, and G&W is still 13? Or did this simply never show up and was never discussed?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm not particularly sure. It's probably close to even (moreso for Falcon) to slightly Jigglypuff favor, but I don't have much experience in those MUs, there are no CF/Ganon users in my area.

D

Deleted member

GW isn't a high tier character. The BBR is simply wrong about this.

For once, I'm gonna have to agree with Gheb.

Toon Link in High Tier makes sense, though. G&W just should have been bumped down into the tier with Fox, Wolf, and Peach.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't think your high tier explanation fits DDD, Ran. He has it a little too hard against characters like MK, Olimar and ICs.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Things I like:
Olimar(my man!) and Pika are top tier!
ZSS moved up!(my woman!)
Toon Link is high tier!
Yoshi is out of low tier!
Samus and Falcon are no longer bottom of the bottom!

Things I dislike:
Kirby not being top of mid tier!(I really don't see how he is worse than Fox, Wolf, DK, and Peach)
Jigglypuff being third worst!(This is partially charactar bias, but I really don't see how clumsy, slow Link can beat Jiggly, even considering her crap range/priority and his projectiles)

Things I dislike, but begrudgingly have to agree with:
Wolf going up +6: I personally do not care much for him and always have had a hard time playing him and maximizing his full potential. But I do admit that whenever I play good Wolfs, they can be ridiculously annoying. And he is fairly similar to Fox, who I think is good. Kudos to Wolf mains. Although he's still lower than Kirby and Fox, in my opinion.
Falco still being #4: I wanted him at #3 or #2, but I guess Snake and Diddy still beat him. : / Ah well.

Overall, this is a very nice list. Good job!

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
San, do you know anything about Jiggs' matchups against Falcon and Ganon?

If I'd say something about this matchup, I'd say Ganon/Jiggs is +1 in Jigglypuff's favor. The Ganon player has to be really smart to figure out when Jigglypuff is going for damage and when she's just baiting you out, but as long as you know your space control as Ganon, Jigglypuff is going to have a hard time getting in. Jigg's limited disjoints means that trades are going to happen, which are heavily in Ganon's favor, and Jiggs dies to Ganon's entire moveset. It's Jigglypuff's gimping potential and good juggle pressure that puts this matchup slightly in her favor, though.

I don't play Falcon enough to give an opinion of that matchup, but why go through the frustration of messing with her aerial space when I can just kill her in 5 hits with Ganon.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Below is my little list of changes in the list

Introduction

:201t::201i::201e::201r: :201l::201i::201s::201t: Ver.6
------------------------------------------------------
God
S: :metaknight:(±0)

A: :diddy:(+1) :snake:(-1) :falco: (±0)
B: :marth:(+1) :warioc:(-1) :popo:(±0) :olimar:(±0) :pikachu2:(±0)

High
C: :lucario:(+2) :dedede:(-1) :zerosuitsamus:(+1) :gw:(-2) :fox:(+2)

Middle
D: :toonlink:(-1) :wolf:(+6) :rosalina:(+2)
E: :dk2:(+2) :kirby2:(-4) :rob:(-3) :pit:(-3) :sonic:(+2)
F: :ike:(+2) :sheilda:(-1) :luigi2:(-4) :sheik:(±0) :ness2:(±0) :yoshi2:(+1) :pt:(-1)

Low
G: :mario2:(+1) :lucas:(-1) :samus2:(+2) :link2:(+3) :bowser2:(-2)
Hyrule++: :falcon:(+1) :jigglypuff:(-1) :zelda:(±0): :ganondorf:(±0)

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with literally every change you've made, here's what I would've done.

God:
SS: Meta Knight
Top:
S: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
High:
A: Wario, Marth, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu
B: Lucario, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
Middle:
C: Fox, Wolf, Peach, Donkey Kong
D: Kirby, Pit, Sonic, R.O.B., Ike
E: Luigi, Ness, Sheik/Zelda, Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Yoshi, Lucas
Low:
F: Bowser, Mario, Captain Falcon, Samus
Giggly: Jigglypuff
Bottom:
Hyrule: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok, some Peach definitely needs to shed some enlightenment on SFP firsthand. He is severely underrating the character to absurd levels.

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Dark.pch you beat me most of the time because you're a better player, but Peach isn't good.

I played you for hours and hours and I learned a lot about the game and about Peach. You won most of the time because after like 2 hours I got lazy and you started reading me hard. Whatever, we both know that's how it went down, and it's cool.

But I learned also that Peach isn't good. I made a huge post about it in tier list 5 thread and if I find it I'll repost it, but her profound strengths are null thanks to a few debilitating weaknesses. She's one of the only characters in the game that has to kill from the neutral position, it's terrible; like, every kill is an elaborate string of reads or one very hard read, she doesn't have good set-ups. With ZSS I can dtilt, predict your airdodge, and kill you, and almost every character that's any good at all has something like that, but after like 100% nothing Peach has strings anymore, and she has to like throw turn-ups and be ridiculously patient waiting for the opponent to give the game to her. Eventually (just before I moved) I learned that if I was just patient, stayed back and waited, I didn't really have to care if you got a few hits in or anything, because I had to PUT MYSELF in a bad position for you to kill me, period. I mean, our games were close, but I beat you a lot of the time during our most recent smashfests, and it's not because I'm a good player.

I mean, I'm bad. If I can beat player much better than me even a quarter of the time using a totally linear bull**** strategy that doesn't say much for the character they're playing, bottom line.

She's bad.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.pch you beat me most of the time because you're a better player, but Peach isn't good.
This has nothing to do with me kicking your ***. it's you just spitting out nonsense. You was on this same boat with ZSS. First she was good. Then bad and left her for pit. Saying how good he is. Then your trash talk pit and say how good ZSS is. Then go on that same boat again and ditch her for meta. Then after the MLG/tier list hype, oh how good ZSS is sahjdgsdgshag.

And I recall you saying Peach was actually good and look at the boat you are on now. it's a damm pattern with you. Why don't you say these characters suck cause YOU can't freaking play with them. You a lil hype cause you won some trash tourny from where you from? That means nothing. Nor does it mean you know anything. And not just with characters. This game. Over and over again you spit out pointless and dumb crap. just stay shut already and stop talking about **** you know nothing about.

Also don't john for losing to me to a point you have to rage quit 50 times which kinda results in a three stock. And if Peach is so bad that you have to lose to her, then you are freaking horrible at this game and make your area look like a joke for winning a tourny there. Do not make me rip your *** apart on here. Stay shut.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SFP, if you're always talking about how bad Peach is, shouldn't you be... winning against them or something?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I do! Dark.pch and Vinnie are the only two Peaches that have ever beaten me. Vinnie's vinnie, and Dark.pch knows my terrible habits because he played me all the time. I haven't ever lost to Peach in tournament except Vinnie, nor have I lost to any random Peach players in friendlies before, so?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
peach is bad. everyone is bad with her except ill and vinnie and even then they could learn some stuff

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Shrug, people change their minds.

Too much, thus what you say is pure BS, and you show it all the time, with any character you talk about in here.

And this is why I don't like using Peach on some people, such as you, cause I have to play hard to make sure they don't beat me. If I don't and they get a win off me, I hear crap like

"I mean, I'm bad. If I can beat player much better than me even a quarter of the time using a totally linear bull**** strategy that doesn't say much for the character they're playing, bottom line."

I get tired of you quitting a match on me while I am playing. or hearing you ***** about the match up. Can't even practice Peach on you. So I ether have to play aggressive so you can stand a chance or get a win off, so you can get calm/happy and shut up. Or I am forced to use another character, so you can win alot and stay shut. I actually care about people and how they feel about this game. really when they are not that good. I don't like making those feel like ****. But I say against you, I should have just let it drop and just ***** your *** 24/7.

Next time I'm just going Zelda on people and not using Peach on them (well against people like you)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What Peaches have you played in bracket, SFP?

Ripple, it's one thing to claim a character is bad, but players aren't really fair game under that same context of absolutes since there are too many factors involved. There are plenty of good players playing Peach. It's annoying when people post in absolutes like that.

:phone:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
No, she's bad. Jiggs is only good at timing out, and her only really good moves are fair(her best move overall imo), nair, and pound. Bair's meh. Good jiggs players will rarely ever touch the ground or approach, so it makes for a long, boring, campy match -__-

Oh yeah... Cause causing a boring match and being able to camp makes you bottom tier GREAT argument <_<

Oh dair isn't good? And her grabs are horrible as well hmm? Not to mention that rest kills metaknight below 70% that's truly horrible!

Bair is meh?! Ok ur trolling I won't bother anymore you obviously dunno what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom