• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ zajice, if you click that, the first ~10 seconds is dubstep.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
And really, Hun?
Where did you learn to argue? Cheerleader camp?

You and SNO should get together and laugh at your varied wit of insulting someone's hypothetical age and using words like "sweetie" and "honey" to try create an invisible wall of superiority.
I rest my case.

Also, JuriHan, you're still wrong about Brawl. I just can't stand to see people like Spelt act like douches and get away with it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I thought megafox was robfox.

I guess I should change it to ATL south then. Either way I was just messin with iblis(SP?).

:phone:
Megafox is A player who Mains Fox and seconds Snake and has already taken 3rd in SA, in B-Tier for our TX PR already. And have taken sets off Espy K Prime etc.

Where did the idea of him being Robfox come from?

We ordered within high/mid/low tier from v5 so Yoshi couldn't be voted any higher than 29th and PT couldn't be voted below 28th in stage 1. This was to prevent ridiculously large leaps coming from next to nowhere. In stage 2, the bottom of a tier and the top of the tier below were ordered with respect to eachother to iron out the transitions between tiers, more or less. I'm mobile so I'll stop there, but if this isn't clear someone should really elaborate because the voting will make a lot more sense if people... know how voting was done... >___>

:059:

So... that's why Yoshi didn't have a possible +3 jump he deserved?

For the previous argument a few pages back. No one is difficult to master with just the basics, but to master the ins and outs of Yoshi is very difficult, more so than a good amount of other characters.
This...

Well I don't mind posting my votes.

"High"
Meta Knight
Snake
Diddy Kong
Falco
Ice Climbers
Wario
Marth
Olimar
Pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch
King Dedede
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus

"Middle"
Toon Link
Kirby
Peach
R.O.B.
Donkey Kong
Fox
Wolf
Pit
Ike
Luigi
Sonic
Ness
Pokémon Trainer
(Zelda/Sheik)
Sheik

"Low"
Lucas
Mario
Yoshi
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Samus
Link
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
That was my opinion, nothing too outrageous I think. :/
A bit outrageous when you have Lucas and Mario above Yoshi, while Fox Wolf and DK are under Kirby...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I can't be wrong about facts.

But I'm done with this debate. Going nowhere. While this thread is active, do you think Snake dropped a bit because Ally took up MK? Did he drop Snake 100%? But Diddy is just so versatile with his banana game, so maybe it was just Diddy being too good? Haven't been keeping up with all the big tournies recently

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I thought it was because he wasn't being used as much and the ones that were using him were not as successful as they were in 2009.

I haven't been keeping up much either.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So wait.

S-H is too many tiers? So if we still had nine tiers S+ S A+ A B+ B C+ C C- it would be better? I'm sorry, but we effectively have 38 character slots. It just makes sense to have a lot of tiers. Tbh I don't remember the rest of the arguments you made, but this one was pretty horrible.

Yoshi could've gone up more in stage 2, I guess some people just didn't vote him very high :/

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A bit outrageous when you have Lucas and Mario above Yoshi, while Fox Wolf and DK are under Kirby...
Well what can I say? Yoshi's not that bad, but I feel like Mario and Lucas are better. I've always also felt that Fox/Wolf/DK were under Kirby. It's all opinions anyway, we've all got something in our own personal tier lists that people see as "outrageous" but not us. ;)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So wait.

S-H is too many tiers? So if we still had nine tiers S+ S A+ A B+ B C+ C C- it would be better? I'm sorry, but we effectively have 38 character slots. It just makes sense to have a lot of tiers. ]
No, not at all. It's good and more detailed! It's just the imbalance is bad (not the list or groupings) And games can have a huge roster without all the tiers if the game is more balanced. I love this list, because it really reflects viability degrees with in competitive play, which is what an effective tier list reflects.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wow, Diddy Kong moved up passed Snake.

Lucario moving upwas no surprise. He's a ***** to kill. Wolf on the other hand surprises me. And I thought Yoshi would be higher.

I find Link passing Puff to be horse**** and I mean it. I don't care for either Link or Puff but Puff is at least efficient and Link is really nothing but a terrible character that only makes Hyrule look like a place for terrible heroes.

And no I'm not trolling. Link ****in sucks!

And Wario moves down... -.- I don't understand.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yeah. Curious to the reasoning with Link about Puff. There may be a really good one though, she just has so much going against her even in her frame data.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Damn, I missed the argument :/ SF4 is such a terrible game. Not nearly as bad as MvC3 though. Wonder what these "good" games are...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh, okay lol. Well, imo the gaps don't necessarily mean there's a huge shift in viability, just that it's noticeable that one set of characters are a bit better than the next. It adds up, but I personally feel like the gaps aren't so huge and depending on your region you can be successful with the majority of the cast.

Pretty sure what killed Puff was that next to no one uses her :x idk, Puff/Link/Falcon is a confusing order to sort out imo.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Okay. That makes sense. Link has always had some pretty legit users.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I have little to no experience playing as Puff or playing against a lot of them, but as a Wario main, I can see that Puff is at least efficient compared to PoS Link.

Jigglypuff may be the slowest character running wise, but short hop fair with Puff is deadly. Same can be said with bair. Her pound goes through everything.

Link on the other hand is a rock with ok killing potential. But his cool down and weak priority makes him a rock that is only being thrown and not harming anyone. Oh and have you heard about his less than stellar recovery option?

Bottom line, Link is a pile of crap.

Your pretty much trolling yourself if you play as him for cash.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I don't know, Jigglypuff has some big time issues too. Let me copy pasta from my guide

Cons
- Gets KO'd the fastest in the game- Paper-like weight combined with no game breaking way to momentum cancel (G&W's bucket for example) means she's going to be dying early.
- Slowest running speed (This isn't too bad though since you will be spending most of your time in the air)
- KO’d if shield breaks (This should never happen)
- No up B recovery- you must use your jumps wisely!
- Having good DI and momentum canceling with her is mandatory. If you lack these, expect to be KO'd at ludicriously low %s. I'm talking 60-80% depending on stage.
- Having good spacing is important so she will not get shield grabbed with her aerial approaches, which she is going to be relying on a lot to build damage.
- Poor range, small hitboxes on nearly everything
- Precision is required for nearly all of her KO moves (In order of hardest to easiest to sweetspot or connect: rest, f-air, f-smash, dash attack.)
- Limited options on the ground
- D-smash and D-tilt are nearly useless. You might as well play Jigglypuff pretending you don't even have those two moves.
- Failure of reliable kills <- This is a big one
- Few true combos, most are situational and depend on how opponent DIs or reacts. This means you will have to work harder to build damage with her.
- Although she has a very generous grab range and nice damage output, her actual throws have virtually no combo or highly limited follow up potential.
- Mostly poor to unwinnable matchups; you’re going to have to really play better and smarter than your opponent if you expect victory.
- Essentially outclassed by other characters in the game, meaning they can do what she can do better, safer, and with MUCH better match ups. Such characters include Kirby, Wario, and Meta knight.
i think the can't kill + dies early is the clincher. And limited in so many ways... ground game, range, moveset... two moves that are nearly worthless. But does Link die early because of his recovery? He still kills better. I don't know too much about him because of how uncommon he is.

edit: that link pic reminds me of good ol Scabe lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Since every BBR member is posting their list, I thought I'd post mine:
My list:
High

1.Meta Knight
2.Diddy Kong
3.Snake
4.Falco
5.Olimar
6.Pikachu
7.Wario
8.Marth
9.Ice climbers
10.King D3
11.Lucario
12.Zero Suit Samus
13.GaW

Mid

16.Toon Link
15.Wolf
16.Fox
17.Donkey Kong
18.Sonic
19.Peach
20.Rob
21.Kirby
22.Pit
23.Ike
24.Luigi
25.(Zelda/Sheik)
26.Sheik
27.Ness
28.Pokémon Trainer
29.Yoshi
30.Lucas

Low
31.Mario
32.Samus
33.Bowser
34.Captain Falcon
35.Link
36.Jigglypuff
37.Zelda
38.Ganondorf

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Megafox is A player who Mains Fox and seconds Snake and has already taken 3rd in SA, in B-Tier for our TX PR already. And have taken sets off Espy K Prime etc.

Where did the idea of him being Robfox come from?

So... that's why Yoshi didn't have a possible +3 jump he deserved?

This...

gotdamn u could have just said he wasnt lol...no need to meatride

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Seagull's list is good. I agree with it pretty much on all accounts. Go Seagull, fight the power.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bored, so my thoughts.

- Gets KO'd the fastest in the game- Paper-like weight combined with no game breaking way to momentum cancel (G&W's bucket for example) means she's going to be dying early.
Yes. She has to play like Wario and avoid attacks. However, her aerial range is better (not so good fast fall speed, though) and uses her aerials in a different way than Wario. 2nd fastest aerial speed helps too.
- Slowest running speed (This isn't too bad though since you will be spending most of your time in the air)
There aren't many reasons to run, but she has a good dash grab I hear.
- KO’d if shield breaks (This should never happen)
Yep, should never happen. And she'd die anyways.
- No up B recovery- you must use your jumps wisely!
Only issue with this is getting spiked or footstooled, but not much of an issue otherwise, since pound helps.
- Having good DI and momentum canceling with her is mandatory. If you lack these, expect to be KO'd at ludicriously low %s. I'm talking 60-80% depending on stage.
Maybe 60-80 to Ike's usmash or PatG DI. Best way to horizontal momentum cancel is bair to pound. Vertical is bair afaik.
- Having good spacing is important so she will not get shield grabbed with her aerial approaches, which she is going to be relying on a lot to build damage.
Shield grab is not an issue at all, but attacks out of shield. Jigglypuff is good at crossing over from front to behind on people pretty easily, which helps.
- Poor range, small hitboxes on nearly everything
Her range is actually pretty decent, and her aerial speed helps it even more. It's just that her hurtboxes stick out on some moves. That's why you use bair if you want to retreat your hitbox more. Her aerial speed makes up for lack of range at times.
- Precision is required for her nearly all her KO moves (In order of hardest to easiest to sweetspot or connect: rest, f-air, f-smash, dash attack.)
Sourspouts can easily setup sweetspots. Sourspots also give you tons of damage %.
- Limited options on the ground
Limited but not quite that bad. She has decent out of shield options, an amazing grab, and decent aerial attacks. Dash attack has its situational uses.
- D-smash and D-tilt are nearly useless. You might as well play Jigglypuff pretending you don't even have those two moves.
True, but a lot of characters have useless moves. They're at least somewhat situational near the edge, but I probably wouldn't use them.
- Failure of reliable kills <- This is a big one
She can get a hit, but if it doesn't kill things get stale. It's pretty bad but it's not that bad since she can get a lot of % on people even at higher percents with sourspots.
- Few true combos, most are situational and depend on how opponent DIs or reacts. This means you will have to work harder to build damage with her.
You can easily frame trap by hitting with the end of a sourspot aerial. A lot of her aerials last 8+ frames also, which can cover air dodge and other maneuvers better.
- Although she has a very generous grab range and nice damage output, her actual throws have virtually no combo or highly limited follow up potential.
True as long as they DI correctly. But this is true for almost all characters.
- Mostly poor to unwinnable matchups; you’re going to have to really play better and smarter than your opponent if you expect victory.
Disagree with a lot of people on her MUs so I think my own thing regarding that.
- Essentially outclassed by other characters in the game, meaning they can do what she can do better, safer, and with MUCH better match ups. Such characters include Kirby, Wario, and Meta knight.
Jigglypuff's playstyle is a unique twist of Kirby and Wario at certain parts, as well as quite a few other aspects. It's entirely different. They're just better characters so this argument can be used for any character.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
San your legit. Agreed with everything you said... esp about being a Kirby/Wario hybrid. And yeah shield grab generally isn't an issue because unlike kirby she can space a lot easier because of her good air speed was thinking of putting that in ( ) on the guide. Her ground hitboxes are really bad, her air moves good though, should specify that also.

Would love to hear more from you on the puff forums, esp what you think her MUs are.

off topic:

lol ads

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I do like Sonic. I think he is still underrated. I probably would've changed my vote to put him above Dk if it weren't for Dk having better results.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
IC, what Yoshis are you playing that you're beating? I've played Zigsta, Magik, and Chuck Nasty (admittedly he was a while ago, but I stilled played him), and I haven't lost against PT. I can't see how the MU is in PT's favor.

Squirtle's comboes, Yoshi can get out of through double jump armor.

Ivysaur is Ivysaur (and I agree with Zigs that Ivy's the best of the 3 in the MU)

Charizard is big so he gets comboed (and Yoshi has a TON of 2 => 4 hit combos that can rack up 30 => 45 damage quickly).
Yoshi's double jump armor does very little against Squirtle's combos. Landing B-Air -> F-Tilt -> Jab is a true combo at low percents (get rid of the F-Tilt at middling percents). U-Air has enough range to avoid a mid-air jump -> N-Air when Yoshi is getting juggled. D-Air gets Yoshi out of his mid-air jump quickly and does not allow him to N-Air out of it, much less anything else. Yoshi is also heavy enough for combos to keep working until mid-to-high percents.

Squirtle can chase Yoshi's airdodges and either B-Air/F-Air/U-Air before an attack/airdodge or land another aerial after the first one whiffs to tack on extra damage after an airdodge. Water Gun messes with Yoshi's B-Reverse and Egg Toss stuff.

Ivysaur can land Bullet Seed if Yoshi tries to get tricky with his pokes. The predictable movement of Yoshi's mid-air jump allows for a mix-up between Up-B or an aerial chase. Razor Leaf keeps Yoshi's Egg Toss and shielding in check. N-Air is safe to do against Yoshi because he can't do normal stuff out of shield. Ivysaur does generally well with edgeguarding Yoshi and he's one of the easiest characters to land a U-Smash on, from what I can tell.

Charizard's Flamethrower can stop Egg Toss in most situations, and he can create great shield pressure against Yoshi. B-Air helps him in the air, and U-Air allows Charizard to juggle Yoshi pretty well. Both Flamethrower and Rock Smash work well against a variety of Yoshi's moves.

In general, I think Squirtle probably does the best, but not by much. Ivysaur is a close second, and Charizard is decidedly the worst, though it's not a terrible matchup. I haven't played enough Yoshi to tell for sure, but I would say that Yoshi has an ever-so-slight edge in the matchup.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yoshi's double jump armor does very little against Squirtle's combos. Landing B-Air -> F-Tilt -> Jab is a true combo at low percents (get rid of the F-Tilt at middling percents). U-Air has enough range to avoid a mid-air jump -> N-Air when Yoshi is getting juggled. D-Air gets Yoshi out of his mid-air jump quickly and does not allow him to N-Air out of it, much less anything else. Yoshi is also heavy enough for combos to keep working until mid-to-high percents.

Squirtle can chase Yoshi's airdodges and either B-Air/F-Air/U-Air before an attack/airdodge or land another aerial after the first one whiffs to tack on extra damage after an airdodge. Water Gun messes with Yoshi's B-Reverse and Egg Toss stuff.

Ivysaur can land Bullet Seed if Yoshi tries to get tricky with his pokes. The predictable movement of Yoshi's mid-air jump allows for a mix-up between Up-B or an aerial chase. Razor Leaf keeps Yoshi's Egg Toss and shielding in check. N-Air is safe to do against Yoshi because he can't do normal stuff out of shield. Ivysaur does generally well with edgeguarding Yoshi and he's one of the easiest characters to land a U-Smash on, from what I can tell.

Charizard's Flamethrower can stop Egg Toss in most situations, and he can create great shield pressure against Yoshi. B-Air helps him in the air, and U-Air allows Charizard to juggle Yoshi pretty well. Both Flamethrower and Rock Smash work well against a variety of Yoshi's moves.

In general, I think Squirtle probably does the best, but not by much. Ivysaur is a close second, and Charizard is decidedly the worst, though it's not a terrible matchup. I haven't played enough Yoshi to tell for sure, but I would say that Yoshi has an ever-so-slight edge in the matchup.
Yoshi's CG>spike not guaranteed on squirtle afterall?

I'd go with Ivy being most annoying mostly do to the Bair, not the best in the matchup but most annoying for sure

Scatz

Smash Champion
No, that is guaranteed. You just have to catch Squirtle first. Which is a hefty challenge with someone handling him well.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ah true. Like wario...only faster *gasp*
Lack of Waft, but Squirtle trades that for an amazing ground game (as compared to Wario's outright rather bad ground game), which is a huge boost in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom