• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Why exactly is Sonic not better than Kirby or Peach?

Results in general and at high level seem to favor sonic. And with peach and sonic in particular we have a rare insight since the best peach and one of the best Sonics both live in the same region. One performs considerably better than the other according to their power rankings. In that case if Sonic's a one trick pony where people dont know the MU, couldnt the same or worse be said of Peach?
(not meant to be a callout to those players, just used you guys for an example)

Id like to hear any argument result oriented or otherwise that puts kirby or peach over sonic.

Steam

Smash Hero
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that argument.........................
well it's certainly better than no argument. which is what they have.

and it's still a good argument.

and we're (at least I am) willing to listen to what they have to say. they should present an argument of some sort lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll say both Sonic and Peach aren't easy to use... I'd say Sonic is harder with knowing every single option he can do and the technical inputs like spin shot and knowing every property of side and down B @_@ like wut?!?

And yet more Sonics results than Peach. Fanboyism only can go so far. Look at all of Link's fanboys :| and he's struggling to not be bottom 3

:phone:

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol indeed. The top Peaches are amazing players but I still feel ashamed of players who lose to them (especially the MKs, and especially those who are regulars in the later parts of the bracket). Like seriously, step up the matchup knowledge guys...
Oh look it makes just as much sense!

Johning for other players' matchup inexperience, the final bastion in the non-existant argument defence.

Chuee

Smash Hero
well it's certainly better than no argument. which is what they have.

and it's still a good argument.

and we're (at least I am) willing to listen to what they have to say. they should present an argument of some sort lol.
Not really.
Espy and X both haven't placed that high at nationals since then.
Not to mention most of the people they beat didn't even have that much sonic experience then anyways.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
X almost always does well at big events. Look up Winter Game Fest, his last big event.

And inexperience isnt as big of an issue as you think, X shouldve been PRd in socal for his consistent victories. While Im sure some of our players could known the MU better, its not like they consistently walk into the MU having never played a high level sonic before.
(the reason he wasnt prd is because he technically lived in Utah and was only visiting for a few months. Same with TKD winning in socal but living somewhere else.)

Steam

Smash Hero
Not really.
Espy and X both haven't placed that high at nationals since then.
Not to mention most of the people they beat didn't even have that much sonic experience then anyways.
has X been to nationals?

Espy still does well at his locals. he placed 17th when illmatic got 13th. (at whobo)

also I've decided no one has peach experience. but they still beat her. peach must really suck.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh look it makes just as much sense!

Johning for other players' matchup inexperience, the final bastion in the non-existant argument defence.
And this here is why I choose not to hold an actual argument here in the first place without evidence (a point which you didn't address at all, mind you; I wonder why). People such as you will nitpick anything thrown your way lol. I'd be salty all the time too if I lived in one of the most irrelevant places (for everything, including Smash) in the world, I suppose.

/sass

Chuee

Smash Hero
has X been to nationals?

Espy still does well at his locals. he placed 17th when illmatic got 13th.

also I've decided no one has peach experience. but they still beat her. peach must really suck.
X goes to large WC regionals.
Espy does well at locals. Except those are locals and some of the people in his region give him trouble.
Also lol @ showing Illmatic outplacing Espy.
I thought you were arguing for Sonic being better.
tsk tsk.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
@KB He has a point though. I briought up the same point though less salty :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
If ur talking about MLG dallas I think its a bit far to say matchup inexperience got them that far. I mean you can make the tired old arguement for anyone that doesn't main MK or Snake. Maybe Gnes won Dallas because of matchup inexperience. There aren't alot of top notch Diddies. Or ESAM, he is the ONLY top level pikachu around.

If you are pointing out that Espy would know the Olimar matchup better than RB would know the Sonic matchup, that can be said about any top tier vs any mid tier/low tier. Yet, there is a reason that alot of characters still can't accomplish anything when top tier players don't even know what to do.

Also what Steam said, if characters like Peach and Pit aren't doing as well as Sonic even with that same "advantage" of people not knowing the matchup, that should say something to you.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Chuee you cant rely on nationals for mid-tiers, theyre too infrequent and midtiers almost never place. The fact that two mid-tier placed that high in the first place is pretty astounding.

Another point regarding experience. Lets not forget X beat dojo, arguably the most experienced MK in the Sonic MU.

Steam

Smash Hero
X goes to large WC regionals.
Espy does well at locals. Except those are locals and some of the people in his region give him trouble.
Also lol @ showing Illmatic outplacing Espy.
I thought you were arguing for Sonic being better.
tsk tsk.
yeah I was showing that peach barely outplaced sonic at the tourney that's been frequently cited as peach's best tourney performance in a loooong time.

and what other said about X doing good at WC.

and IDK Espy is still PR'd what 5th in texas? higher than illmatic? yup.

Chuee

Smash Hero
If ur talking about MLG dallas I think its a bit far to say matchup inexperience got them that far. I mean you can make the tired old arguement for anyone that doesn't main MK or Snake. Maybe Gnes won Dallas because of matchup inexperience. There aren't alot of top notch Diddies. Or ESAM, he is the ONLY top level pikachu around.
There's PLENTY of top notch diddies.
Most of the people he played had probably played a good diddy before.

Also what Steam said, if characters like Peach and Pit aren't doing as well as Sonic even with that same "advantage" of people not knowing the matchup, that should say something to you.
Or maybe.
MAYBE
The sonic players are better.
maybe

Another point regarding experience. Lets not forget X beat dojo, arguably the most experience MK in the Sonic MU.
Yeah, except Dojo has experience with Espy. Espy and X have opposite play styles. It's pretty much the reason why Tyrant beat X but was 3-0d by Espy.

Steam

Smash Hero
well he's certainly been placing a lot better. maybe peach's matchups are better but they must not be that great if peaches keep on losing and sonics keep on winning.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
well he's certainly been placing a lot better. maybe peach's matchups are better but they must not be that great if peaches keep on losing and sonics keep on winning.
Winning what? What have they won? This argument is terrible.

If we're talking about what each character has won, then they're both terrible in that regard. If we're talking about top players that each character has beaten, then mains of both characters have done that in recent history. What else, other than a string of events that X has done well in the WC with, and the comparison of X/Espy getting 5th/6th at Dallas to Illmatic's 13th at WHOBO, do you have?

@ Seagull- I can agree with that, lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i see a pointless arguement with one side trying to back up their opinion with a wall of salt and the other side not caring enough to deal with a stupid salt wall which furthers both to do what they are doing. and then i see seagullman hating on pit.

yep, im on smash boards alright :p

Steam

Smash Hero
Winning what? What have they won? This argument is terrible.

If we're talking about what each character has won, then they're both terrible in that regard. If we're talking about top players that each character has beaten, then mains of both characters have done that in recent history. What else, other than a string of events that X has done well in the WC with, and the comparison of X/Espy getting 5th/6th at Dallas to Illmatic's 13th at WHOBO, do you have?

@ Seagull- I can agree with that, lol.
you took it too literally. just take it that sonics are placing (much) better

Espy still generally does better than illmatic in texas.

X still does well at WC tournies

and BTW MLG dallas was bigger than WHOBO and there were TWO sonics in top8 with a peach nowhere in sight while at whobo illmatic took 13th with Espy ONE group of placings behind him.

adding all those things up... is very significant when you consider the accomplishments of those around them and where they are on the tier list.

@maharba- what salt? I thought you knew salt well :/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@Maharba, you make sooooo many unnecessary posts. I swear most of your responses might as well be "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. Guess what it is and that's what I feel".

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
you took it too literally. just take it that sonics are placing (much) better
Results aren't everything.

Espy still generally does better than illmatic in texas.

X still does well at WC tournies

and BTW MLG dallas was bigger than WHOBO and there were TWO sonics in top8 with a peach nowhere in sight while at whobo illmatic took 13th with Espy ONE group of placings behind him.

adding all those things up... is very significant when you consider the accomplishments of those around them and where they are on the tier list.

Steam

Smash Hero
Results aren't everything. but it should mean something when one characters is doing overwhelmingly better with multiple users :/

matchups can be theorycrafted to anything really. and if peach's matchups are so much better than sonic's sonic wouldn't be placing so much better...

even if you argue that top sonics are better than top peaches, tier list assumes top level play, not perfection.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i could've said a wall of anything that was brittle and such (like a wall of hard chocolate, a wall of nothing but plaster, a wall of fiber, anything that would be brittle and unstable really), i just chose salt because, well, it's a smasher thing. the only actual salt i see here is that people are getting pissy over which mid tier goes where (and that usually does cause salt because it's mid-tier) but tbh i've come to the conclusion that the order of mid tier doesn't really matter to me anymore.

@seagull,
1. i make those unnecessary posts for my enjoyment just to see what people will say.
2. you always make the saltiest posts about everything, **** bro im jsut having fun.
3. beer + trolling + people being salty over my jokes = one perfectly happy maharba :)

of course they are unecessary, im not throwing them out there to have a point, im throwing them out there to have fun, maybe make one person chuckle, chortle, or rofl.

kinda like me atm, after typing this out the thought of smashboards being compared to flavorless rotten frenchfries and you being the salt that makes them taste good enough to eat but still get sick is making me die!

bottoms up satly *****es, 2 more shots and im off to bed. suck it

edit:
inb4seagullhatelololololol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm not salty at all. That would imply I'm upset or pissed. I just think you post stupid/useless things sometimes (Like your previous post), which makes my brain turn to mush when I read your posts.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
not gonna lie seagull, the brain to msuhs thing mdae me lofl. whatevs tho. you can hate moyhow i post, idc. not my proeblem. im never gonaa stop thronwng out random stuff ohping for a laught from someone, it's hwat i do. okay, all these red speeling lines, dizzines, head rush, and buffola woings. goodnight peeps. and yes, what steam said, odn't dringk and post, unless your haiving fun on this VIDEO GAME DISUCIOEN SITE DOING It

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I just want to stop and say that noone should be juding our state's Power Ranking System.

It's extremely bad (in my opinion) and isn't like any other state's / states'.

For example, I'm ranked higher than Jerm on the Houston PR, but I'm many points below both Espy and Jerm on the Texas PR.

It's weird.

Another thing - I've been placing really well in Texas recently, while Espy hasn't been doing as hot as usual in SA and has also been a bit inactive. Nationals aren't everything. Also take into account players that I've beaten and players that Sonics have beaten.

Espy hasn't attended a Houston tournament in a long time, but hopefully we will see results this Saturday at HOBO 32.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
not gonna lie seagull, the brain to msuhs thing mdae me lofl. whatevs tho. you can hate moyhow i post, idc. not my proeblem. im never gonaa stop thronwng out random stuff ohping for a laught from someone, it's hwat i do. okay, all these red speeling lines, dizzines, head rush, and buffola woings. goodnight peeps. and yes, what steam said, odn't dringk and post, unless your haiving fun on this VIDEO GAME DISUCIOEN SITE DOING It
I really, really, really, really want to sig (part of) this.
but i don't want to get rid of my current signature...
decisions.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I just want to stop and say that noone should be juding our state's Power Ranking System.

It's extremely bad (in my opinion) and isn't like any other state's / states'.

For example, I'm ranked higher than Jerm on the Houston PR, but I'm many points below both Espy and Jerm on the Texas PR.

It's weird.

Another thing - I've been placing really well in Texas recently, while Espy hasn't been doing as hot as usual in SA and has also been a bit inactive. Nationals aren't everything. Also take into account players that I've beaten and players that Sonics have beaten.

Espy hasn't attended a Houston tournament in a long time, but hopefully we will see results this Saturday at HOBO 32.
Sonics have beaten way better players then you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom