• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
anybody else find it funny that everyone's arguing for sonic's results which are mostly espy's doing when espy doesn't even think sonic's that great himself?
iirc he thinks better of sonic than he used to.

@illmatic- sonic ***** all of those characters to death

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
He still doesn't think he's anywhere near as good as any of you do.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Spelt the mind reader, lol

I dont really think Sonics great. Just better than the characters Ive mentioned.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
wow! that's a cool new font!

thanks bionic!

also, sonic may very well be above DDD on the tier list.

He outplaces everyone below him at a national level, and probably has more notable wins.

z00ted

Ok guys, check it out - this is groundbreaking.

:ness2: > :kirby2:

Let's go back to that MLG where Shaky performed really well - ok now ... let's skip a year and go to Winterfest where FOW placed 3rd.

All those notable wins, plus the results to back it up!

:ness2: > :kirby2:

:ness2: > :dk2: (maybe)

:ness2: > :peach: (for sure)

:ness2: > :rob:

:ness2: > :pit:

:ness2: > :luigi2:

:ness2: > :wolf:

:sonic: > :ness2:

Steam

Smash Hero
wow! that's a cool new font!

thanks bionic!

also, sonic may very well be above DDD on the tier list.

He outplaces everyone below him at a national level, and probably has more notable wins.
If sonic shows more consistancy with it I'd seriously agree ;D

though as I've said earlier results aren't everything, just a very large part.

right now I'd put sonic in low C tier.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Peach

Illmatic 142.4
Kyle 141
Kyon 90
Lee 72
RedHalberd 60
Vinnie 51
Battou 36
Mikey Lenetia 35
DTP 15
BTC 13
lol. 11
Cheap 10.5
Sailor Princess Twenty-Two 8
SSR 7
Winnar 3.5

Wolf

Kain 897.5
Seagull Man 141
Christian 100
Pane 75
Holms 46.68

Sonic

Espy Kasrani 353.6
Blue Rogue 83.6
D1AOS 46
BSP 42
TommyG 11
Trent 11
Sonic Storm 10.5
Magic Magnum 5

Begin your interpretations now.

Here's mine:
Wolf's only so high because of Kain. Remove him, and Wolf's winnings plummet. We're also seeing a slight similarity like that between Sonic and Espy, while no such relationship exists for Peach.

In order, I would put Peach, followed by Wolf, then Sonic, but they'd all be pretty close together on the list.

z00ted

oh ****! another groundbreaking discovery - we forgot about San.

:ike: > :peach:

:ike: > :luigi2:

:ike: > :rob:

:ike: > :pit:

:ike: > :wolf:

:sonic: > :ness2: > :lucario: > :gw: > :zerosuitsamus: > :ike: > :dedede:

Steam

Smash Hero
@john- those numbers don't include MLG Dallas, which would boost sonic greatly there. and while it could be called an outlier it's still very significant.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I guess, but it was a one time occurrence, and I haven't been seeing much resultswise outside of Espy nowadays... >___>;

z00ted

john1234567891011213141516

you are a smart man

omfg LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

people are ******** - HOLY ****

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
john1234567891011213141516

you are a smart man
Thanks! :awesome:

omfg LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

people are ******** - HOLY ****
wat

Steam

Smash Hero
I guess, but it was a one time occurrence, and I haven't been seeing much resultswise outside of Espy nowadays... >___>;
X lives in utah.

and although it was a one time occurence it was a large national. and TWO sonics placed top 8 :/ definitely not something to be written off.

illmatic- if it happens on a consistant basis maybe we are underrating ike and/or ness. but that alone doesn't vault them up to Btier. just like sonic's placings alone don't put him in high tier. even going on just results they'd need to show more consistancy.

Steam

Smash Hero
you're still going to be bringing up mlg in 2015.
MLG is not that distant of a memory and it's happened since the last tier list. stop trolling.

@KB- I know I'm being trolled but they're mocking me so I felt the need to explain myself further : P

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, MLG is important, yes, and if I were seeing more consistency with Sonic afterwards, I'd probably think of him a little more highly, but... when we look at today's results for Sonic, and remove the one person who's been winning him money - Espy - we see kind of a pathetic character... .___.;

When we see one really large spike in results, followed by pretty mediocre placings, we tend to write those random "spikes" off as a result of standard deviation.

EDIT: Also, Steam, if you know you're being trolled, and you try to EXPLAIN YOURSELF to said trolls, well, that's not a smart move.

Steam

Smash Hero
the sad part is that i'm not.
by 2015 no one will be playing brawl anymore.

@john- I agree, but it still definitely has to mean SOMETHING merely due to how groundbreaking it was. that and it's possible X has results that aren't reported due to WC being lame. not saying to give him benefit of the doubt, but it's something to consider.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...I could have sworn the Sonics used Pictochat as a backbone for their performance at MLG and some other events. Picto has now been banned, Where does that leave Sonic now I wonder? :awesome:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
When we see one really large spike in results, followed by pretty mediocre placings, we tend to write those random "spikes" off as a result of standard deviation.
Were not looking for averages. We're looking for higher level play. Granted that chart is awesome, but I dont think anyone disputed that peach and sonic performed fairly similarly below high-level play. I'd already made that assumption just by looking at the cash totals from each character.

Steam

Smash Hero
Were not looking for averages. We're looking for higher level play. Granted that chart is awesome, but I dont think anyone disputed that peach and sonic performed fairly similarly below high-level play.
this is true.

however it's also true that Dallas was by far his best performance and hasn't come very close to a repeat of it (although he's had the opportunity). or rather, his top level performances haven't been the same.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, keep in mind higher level play has more influence on the charts, because those higher-leveled tournaments will generally have higher entry fee, larger turnout, etc.

The combination of the highest level of play, plus the overall aggregate of slightly lower levels of play do coherently come together to show the overall potential of characters in their own way.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
this is true.

however it's also true that Dallas was by far his best performance and hasn't come very close to a repeat of it (although he's had the opportunity). or rather, his top level performances haven't been the same.
...right in line with Picto being banned. Heh.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Were not looking for averages. We're looking for higher level play. Granted that chart is awesome, but I dont think anyone disputed that peach and sonic performed fairly similarly below high-level play. I'd already made that assumption just by looking at the cash totals from each character.
So what you're saying is that since the top players in each wolf and sonic were removed and peach wasn't that must mean that peach has no mains who have reached high-level play yet, right?
So you're trying to compare results based on top level performances when that data doesn't even exist yet for Peach?

Do i need to go on?

z00ted

are you guys seriously taking into considering cash amounts to determine characters placement on a tier list

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Picto was only banned recently, not 5 months ago
Exactly. And when it was legal 5 months ago and everything in between until now (after MLG), what has he done since then? Oh wait...consistent results like that still couldn't be produced even with his backbone stage in place. I can only imagine how much worse it will get from here with Espy being more inactive (according to word of mouth) and Picto being gone (which means a guaranteed strike/ban of YI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom