• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I don't want to be "THAT guy" who asks all of this, but I just want confirmation.

Is SmasherLink really all he's claiming to be, or is he just foolin' around? I can't seem to find any records or notable history of him, but I don't like to write anything off, so...

Chuee

Smash Hero
he definitely does not.

unless you count -1 as "definitely loses"

and I don't care what DMG says, DK will ALWAYS be in the air against wario spamming nair and up-b. he won't get the chance to chaingrab.

wario DK is even
a -1 counts as losing, so yes.
and on wario...............
you said spamming up-b against a character with a 50-100 something CG.
k.................................

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Well, Link did make it higher, and Gannon (that is his canon name) is still the worst. Unless you are as freakin' fast as me, you keep on making Ganondorf be the worst. Just wait, Link will make top tier on the list, and when the hell are Meta Knight and Snake going to change, I mean, ever since the tier list came, the two freakin' stayed at the same f***ing spot. If I were in the BBR, I would set things right, since I have most knowledge of SSB. Who do you think made the REAL tier list until his idea got stolen by SWF? The Back Rooms for the WiiU and 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. are MINE, so don't make the BRs without my permission, or until I SAY SO!
Definately the post ever and i agree with everything he said here (well almost everything).

And one thing (an old post you posted) how in the **** does Link have THE BEST RECOVERY IN THE GAME?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Spelling errors, censoring words, CAPS words, odd use of smash jargon, and Link love are all consistent.

Anyways, from my experience Snakes don't really like playing against DK.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No sir. Notice the differences in the post numbers.
Well, Link did make it higher, and Gannon (that is his canon name) is still the worst. Unless you are as freakin' fast as me, you keep on making Ganondorf be the worst. Just wait, Link will make top tier on the list, and when the hell are Meta Knight and Snake going to change, I mean, ever since the tier list came, the two freakin' stayed at the same f***ing spot. If I were in the BBR, I would set things right, since I have most knowledge of SSB. Who do you think made the REAL tier list until his idea got stolen by SWF? The Back Rooms for the WiiU and 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. are MINE, so don't make the BRs without my permission, or until I SAY SO!
K yeah you are both the same people.

You are pretty good LOL

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lain has been a top player for that long in case you had forgotten

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Larrys peach is very good. I wouldnt be surprised if it could place better than a lot of other good peaches, lol.
Wolf>Falco>Fox in terms of his matchup with Pikachu. Wolf actually has safe moves on shield compared to Falco and Fox @__@. And he's heavy
I understand where the theory comes from on both sides, but I've had a good amount of experience from great players with wolf and falco and would definitely say falco does better. Illusion, lasers, chaingrab (on pika), better combos, and jabs overall give falco a better set of tools for dealing with the cg. Falcos biggest issue is killing.
I wouldn't say Pika wrecks DK. Pika does have a nice fthrow cg on him and juggles him well, but DK has that range, power, and some of his moves are quick too. I believe most of Pika's smashes and aerials can be punished with just dsmash.
Its not horrid, but still a -2. And not that his dsmash isnt great in the MU, but I really dont think it can punish most of those attacks oos, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
he definitely does not.

and I don't care what DMG says, DK will ALWAYS be in the air against wario spamming nair and up-b. he won't get the chance to chaingrab.

wario DK is even
Uh, what

If anything, you would spam Bair and mix that up with airdodges. Nair doesn't cover the angles you want with DK.

a -1 counts as losing, so yes.
and on wario...............
you said spamming up-b against a character with a 50-100 something CG.
k.................................
It's 0 to about 110. Can start from low % hits as well. Dair/Uair for example, Bite to Dash Grab, Nair to grab, etc.

The only way that MU would be even is if DK can pull off some incredible BS. I mean I know character mains want to pull the "camp in the air" card for Wario CG, but then don't turn to realize how limiting that is. That your best option for winning a MU is to run in the AIR from a character who is heavily mobile there.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
For wolf my main practice came from Camaman back when he played consistently. Ive also played choice in a few friendlies.

For Falco its been Larry who I've played quite a bit.

West Coast is a spacies friendly place :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
For wolf my main practice came from Camaman back when he played consistently. Ive also played choice in a few friendlies.

For Falco its been Larry who I've played quite a bit.

West Coast is a spacies friendly place :)
Is any Wolf at Larry's level even...? Intense bias.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Uh, what

If anything, you would spam Bair and mix that up with airdodges. Nair doesn't cover the angles you want with DK.
do you play DK DMG? no. DK's meta game is actually changing quite a bit. bair is a terrible to just throw out now. and DK never wants to approach with it.

what nair does is let us clash with you since you don't have any disjointed hitboxes either, and in this game, DK thrives off trades.

The only way that MU would be even is if DK can pull off some incredible BS. I mean I know character mains want to pull the "camp in the air" card for Wario CG, but then don't turn to realize how limiting that is. That your best option for winning a MU is to run in the AIR from a character who is heavily mobile there.
better than on the ground. and I don't see the problem with camping in the air to avoid a CG and taking damage on purpose. we do it to falco all the time.

and DK can keep Wario out fairly well too

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alright. The MU is even, devastating CG never happens and DK nearly gets a 55:45 MU in HIS favor because he has more range. And the obvious Grab release to whatever because that's more likely to happen than getting grabbed by Wario even if he has guaranteed setups for the grab. Excuse me if I sound reluctant to believe DK goes even. I'll even forgive the "You don't play any DK's" comment because I guess there's nothing I could learn about the complex character DK without having Will, Bum, Cable, Ripple, and Ook in my backyard every day.

Time to go play league and check off DK from the list of character's Wario's supposed to beat.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
he definitely does not.

wario DK is even
do you play DK DMG? no. DK's meta game is actually changing quite a bit. bair is a terrible to just throw out now. and DK never wants to approach with it.

what nair does is let us clash with you since you don't have any disjointed hitboxes either, and in this game, DK thrives off trades.

better than on the ground. and I don't see the problem with camping in the air to avoid a CG and taking damage on purpose. we do it to falco all the time.

and DK can keep Wario out fairly well too
That mindset Ripple is basically like Saying Yoshi Vs Wario MU would be +1 Yoshi's favor instead of -1 wario's favor solely cause of the Infinite CG when most Wario's know not to approach more than half the time.
Wario's can do the same thing as DK but actually get away with it cause of their Air Mobility. Dair/AirDodge instead of Nair, the whole time and barely touch the ground.
DMG Sure as hell knew what to do against me back from Nikefest 3...

Doc King

Smash Lord
That mindset Ripple is basically like Saying Yoshi Vs Wario MU would be +1 Yoshi's favor instead of -1 wario's favor solely cause of the Infinite CG when most Wario's know not to approach more than half the time.
Wario's can do the same thing as DK but actually get away with it cause of their Air Mobility. Dair/AirDodge instead of Nair, the whole time and barely touch the ground.
DMG Sure as hell knew what to do against me back from Nikefest 3...
It really depends on the difficulty of the infinite and how useful and situational the infinite is. Also Yoshi's could use his egg throw if the Wario is stalling the match.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's cause Yoshi is gay as **** and you actually KNEW the infinite so it wasn't like I could approach you with impunity while you messed up the regrabs lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I either missed the grab on purpose or tried to Pivot grab so I wouldn't be breaking the rule. Unless i'm mistaken and the Standing CG in Place is Only for King D3.
Plus I was Guaranteed out of pools even if I won against you DMG.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. It's 0-110, and staleness doesn't affect it markedly either. It's not one of those like Falco where if you start it with a staled grab, it ends sooner or takes a higher % margin to finish. It's basically an anytime deal. Get grabbed, guarantee that DK goes from whatever to at least 100+ damage.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
DMG, everyone's been feeding me different info about Wario's CG on Wolf. Can you shed some light on this?

What % does it first start at, and what % does it go on until?
What is the highest % at which you can start with a fresh dthrow, and how long does it go on for then?

:059:

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Jesus christ. t0mmy has beaten me 1 time. ONE TIME. He has not taken a set off of me since that one tournament last year. I don't know where you guys get the idea that he can beat me any time he wants. btw he doesn't play anymore. idk why.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i am not that guy. He is from Louisiana. I am from Puerto Rico.
You're from where? Do you know me, or do I know you? All the puertorrican smashers know me, and I think I know all the puertorrican smashers, since I AM from Puerto Rico. :|

What's your tag?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG, everyone's been feeding me different info about Wario's CG on Wolf. Can you shed some light on this?

What % does it first start at, and what % does it go on until?
What is the highest % at which you can start with a fresh dthrow, and how long does it go on for then?

I have no idea what the highest % you can start with a Dthrow is. If it is fresh, probably something around 50-60%? IDK when it caps, but it does cap for a fresh one. However, if the throw is at the correct staleness level when you start, you can go from basically anywhere to 200%. The same with Falco: while his CG starts at 50ish, the cap for a fresh one to lead into another grab is about 70%. The CG also ends sooner if you start it too fresh too late. A grab at 70% might only go to 95-100ish, where as a grab at 50ish can go the full mile.

For Wolf it's slightly different in that staleness doesn't as greatly impact the duration of the CG because it has such a huge range of damage. Same with DK.

Ish, it's from ~20% to ~230%

That's when you can first start it, and the cap at the end. What the cap is to start it off with a fresh one? Idk. It's probably noticeably higher than the one on Falco. DK doesn't have a cap, but I know Wolf and Falco do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom