• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, keep in mind I'm gonna give every character an analysis on a much greater level of precision later on today/tomorrow, so stand by for that, too.

And Illmatic, keep in mind that results don't mean everything. Character ability is also an enormous factor when it comes to these things, even if they're not raking in as much money as another character.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm nowhere close to it, but I currently think Peach has more potential than Kirby's position on the tier list currently.

Fox is top of Mid Tier.
ROB and Pit are trash.
Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Wolf are underrated.

ZSS and Toon Link should switch.
agree with all of this except the DK part...

ZSS I'm unsure on... TL has done better results wise but we'll have to see what NR does when he shows up again. but it's feasable

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Well, keep in mind I'm gonna give every character an analysis on a much greater level of precision later on today/tomorrow, so stand by for that, too.

And Illmatic, keep in mind that results don't mean everything. Character ability is also an enormous factor when it comes to these things, even if they're not raking in as much money as another character.
Yeah, I totally understand John. My opinion doesn't have to hold any weight - it's just what I think when viewing success / progression with certain characters.

Steam

Smash Hero
as much as other people won't believe it. I do actually think matchups do mean something lol. I think people just look to them too much and trust them too much.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yeah, I totally understand John. My opinion doesn't have to hold any weight - it's just what I think when viewing success / progression with certain characters.
No, no, your opinion is perfectly valid, and it's definitely one of the reasons why Peach is such a strange case. Her moveset screams "inferior" and "superior" to me at the same bloody time, and her results are just so... average. -____ -;

And LMAO whoops, I forgot the ICs. Gotta remember to add them.

z00ted

Recently, I don't believe Peach's results have been average.

Well, as a whole I guess you could say they are.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
as much as other people won't believe it. I do actually think matchups do mean something lol. I think people just look to them too much and trust them too much.
you've ... got to be kidding...
that's why you spent like an hour talking about how corrupt and unreliable matchups are.
Stop trying to switch sides whenever it fits your convenience.
If lucario's results dwindled in the next couple months and people starting thinking he was mid tier you would be all, "No way! Results aren't the only thing that matter, scrubs. :mad::mad:"

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You have to admit there hasn't been much very exciting about Peach results in forever.

I wish I had been able to go to more than like 3 tournaments in 2011.

About Marth, I don't feel like his efforts were good enough to keep the same place as last time. I'm just confused whether to put him in B or bottom of A.

Steam

Smash Hero
you've ... got to be kidding...
that's why you spent like an hour talking about how corrupt and unreliable matchups are.
Stop trying to switch sides whenever it fits your convenience.
If lucario's results dwindled in the next couple months and people starting thinking he was mid tier you would be all, "No way! Results aren't the only thing that matter, scrubs. :mad::mad:"
nope, I'd say lucario should be mid tier. you can quote me on it if it comes. I'd enjoy using lucario in a mid tier tourney TBH

and I haven't switched sides at all. I personally think results mean the most at the very top, where there's a large pool of results. how the hell do you use results to compare low tiers? it's not the easiest with mid tiers either. and I didn't say that they're useless, I just said you need to be cautious when using them and results are better when available

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
ESAM got *****, so no johns. I've also ***** the **** out of K Prime multiple times (who has tons of Peach experience).
We've only played 3 times in tournament and I've won one of those sets. And if you're counting all the friendly sets we've played, then I've won more. Also, where are you getting that I have tons of Peach experience? I rarely ever play Peach's and I'm terrible at the MU. I've even lost to Castro's Peach before in tournament and he's not even ranked top 10 in SA. All the other SA players I've lost to are in our top 4. That's how bad I am in that MU. Stop lying to make yourself look better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I had a real good loooooooooool @ the Illmatic stuff. Keep it up tier list thread.

Also kprime beat megafox, megafox beat sync, sync beat rich brown, rich brown beat M2K, M2K beat Ally.

What has Illmatic done lately?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I had a real good loooooooooool @ the Illmatic stuff. Keep it up tier list thread.

Also kprime beat megafox, megafox beat sync, sync beat rich brown, rich brown beat M2K, M2K beat Ally.

What has Illmatic done lately?
well technically by that logic illmatics beaten esam who beat ally

he's only 2 steps removed as opposed to like 6

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I thought Ill getting 13th at whobo was very impressive..
much.

That was the last time I was even a little excited. Other than that, it was pretty doom and gloom, tbqh. Same with Pit. Unlike DK, whose players keep getting pretty solid results.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sonic? They are still placing top 4 at pretty difficult locals (30+) and have a decent presence at nationals still. Seems decent to me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
seems below average to me, but that i may not be seeing the full situation for what it is based on my bias.

but point is, theres a bunch of mid tier characters that maybe their best main is going through life issues, and all of a sudden that character has no results anymore.

Kirby
Sheik
Ness
Luigi

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when all the good sheik mains were going to tourneys at the same time.

but they all cant get to every tourney so her results slip even though it has nothing to do with the character having gotten worse.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Depends on what you see as average. When there aren't nationals/regionals, all you can do is do your best in whatever locals that may occur. If the local has a good portion of higher level players, maintaining top 4 is pretty adequate, even nice.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

but they all cant get to every tourney so her results slip even though it has nothing to do with the character having gotten worse.
IMO this applies to a lot of characters.
While I'll be harpooned for 'theory crafting'...

In comparison to Dedede, in which his perceived match ups have drastically changed as people truly came to understand how to beat him,
the same has not become apparent for Marth at all.

I think people over rate fair though. Even bad characters like Sonic can punish Fair (if your name is Nike, less so if your name is Neo)

It's all about that ridiculous neutral air and back air.

Steam

Smash Hero
IMO this applies to a lot of characters.
While I'll be harpooned for 'theory crafting'...

In comparison to Dedede, in which his perceived match ups have drastically changed as people truly came to understand how to beat him,
the same has not become apparent for Marth at all.

I think people over rate fair though. Even bad characters like Sonic can punish Fair (if your name is Nike, less so if your name is Neo)

It's all about that ridiculous neutral air and back air.
that didn't happen to marth and D3 at all. none of their mains left. they just got worse.

C.J.

Smash Master
that didn't happen to marth and D3 at all. none of their mains left. they just got worse.
So... NEO didn't disappear for awhile? Roy_R is still active? Zex plays Marth still? Minty? /was unaware they were active (Well, NEO is coming back)

And CO18? Fogo (maybe)? Atomsk going only DDD? Coney didn't recently quit? Seibrik didn't go MK? Junk (not top player level but still really solid)?

Damn, I must have been living under a rock.

EDIT: HRNUT went Snake/MK and dropped Marth too.

EDIT2: I miss Spammer now =(

z00ted

We've only played 3 times in tournament and I've won one of those sets. And if you're counting all the friendly sets we've played, then I've won more. Also, where are you getting that I have tons of Peach experience? I rarely ever play Peach's and I'm terrible at the MU. I've even lost to Castro's Peach before in tournament and he's not even ranked top 10 in SA. All the other SA players I've lost to are in our top 4. That's how bad I am in that MU. Stop lying to make yourself look better.
looool you are counting friendlies?

Let me pull wifi out of my *** then, or let's even go back to MLG Dallas or even Whobo 3? I'm pretty sure I've won more friendlies versus you than you have against me.

I consider Castro to be a good yet inactive Peach, I don't go all the way back in results to see whether you won or lost against him. I'm pretty sure you're halfway decent at the matchup too since you claim to "beat me" in friendlies - yet I do this to you in tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEDSOntMiG4

I like you KPrime, and you are an extremely chill person, I just think you are severely overrated.

Sonic? They are still placing top 4 at pretty difficult locals (30+) and have a decent presence at nationals still. Seems decent to me.
Some Peaches do the exact same thing. Kyon as well as myself to name a few.

Steam

Smash Hero
coney just recently quit. it didn't effect D3 getting worse. Atomsk stopped going D3 because D3 wasn't a good enough character. Dunno about CO18

and none of those marths except neo were ever the top threats...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Point <--------------------------------------------------------------------

(few hundred light years)................................................> Steam

z00ted

Tier list discussion is so pointless if you aren't in the BBR.

Unless you are a top player, you will be getting butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom