• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh don't worry, you'll see this list again very soon...

Well, imma sleep now, g'nite Chuee

Browny

Smash Hater
Falcon looks about right in that list

I'd like to know what makes people say hes so much better than bottom tier. AFAIK falcon hasnt done anything that any other low/bottom tier character hasnt done, low tier tournies dont count.

Same for marth and B tier in the v5 list :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I'd like to know what makes people say hes so much better than bottom tier. AFAIK falcon hasnt done anything that any other low/bottom tier character hasnt done, low tier tournies dont count.

Blame Ally, he's actually placed going solo Falcon in non low tier tournaments.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yoshi in the same tier as Sheik and Wolf.
They're both far better in general.
und CF last is definitly not the case D:

I would be satisfied with the BBR Tier List (even though I don't like most people in there in terms of quality)
if Wolf and Sheik would be higher, because Wolf and Sheik are at least better then Luigi.
but I understand it if we take US Results and stuff because I've never seen a Sheik anywhere.
Wolf yeah, Sheik I don't think so...

Yikarur

Smash Master
Sheik is debatable but Wolf is indeed better than at least Luigi, he should be in C Tier.
but Sheik is a bit underrated but it's comprehensible if we look at her reputation in america.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

Sliding shield maaaan.

You just DON'T KNOW.

No but seriously, this is a valid question. Why did people suddenly start thinking CF is not **** because Ally did well in low tiers?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think Sheik should pass Sheida (Sheik/Zelda) I mean, who the hell wants to play as Zelda even for a moment in a MM?

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Ally's strong point is his reads... he could probally place as just about anyone at a high level after using them only a short time. Trying to use him to support Falcon is just booty.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i can't even comprehend how anyone on this thread thinks ganon is better than any other character.
have you seen ganon?
**** sucks.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ganons dash attack is a better character than falcon imo :bee:

being able to deliberately trade hits and hit ledgehoppers/landing lag for KO's <100% is pretty good :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
unless ganon can kill at 0% he's screwed regardless.

at least captain falcon can weave in and out and has a good keep away game.
ganon can't approach, can't camp, and the only thing he's above average at is punishing.
and well spaced aerials pressure his shield all day since his grab is comparable to Ice climbers'.

but none of that really even matters since you can STAND ACROSS THE STAGE AND DO ****ING NOTHING and ganon can't do anything about it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
snake doesnt have enough options to get that high

ZSS and DK dont either.

toonlink is really homo LMAO, play a good one.

ike> shiek makes me upset but w/e

im going to try and prove shiek isnt so awful soon its making me depressed
Dude, do it.

That would be so awezum

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
If fox can hop up into C tier like that I don't see why sheik can't overcome a few matchups and jump up the list as well. She just needs someone to rep her.

1337 post.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'm in near complete agreement. I've been saying since '08 that the list needs a zelda/sheik. But I think that placement should be a bit higher, like in the top 20. And I have since picked up Falco and can say I am positive him and diddy are above sanke. Not really sure which sould be number 2, both are so freaking good. I agree with all the jumps (except mario) but I strongly disagree with sheiks fall. She is too good to be that low. I've been saying from the start of the game that ZSS is and will soon be recognized high tier. Glad to see that has happened. I think what held her back so long is the simple fact that she wasn't on the character selection screen and people picked their favorites before ever using her. And thus her metagame is slow to develop. But with people like Nick Riddle showing how good she is I'm glad she is finally being recognized.

LMAO at Zelda moving below Link. By the end of competitive brawl she will be below Ganon. I think she is vastly underrated (I think my name gives it away). Most people I play against say they never realized Zelda was that good. A lot of people feel she is top 20. I think she is top 25. She wins against most of the cast below A-tier. But I'm just glad to see the Zelda/Sheik addition. Switching between the two makes them both so much more viable.

All in all good job BBR. Just try and fix that Zelda ranking, k? And I can't wait for the next tier list when snake drops. Falco and diddy will be tied for 2nd no doubt.

PS: I have been saying fox is vastly underrated ever since I started watching japanese videos. Glad to see he is being recognized for his potential.

Oh and to the guy who posted above me "if sheik still had the old fair".....she'd be broken lol. tilt lock to upsmash or fair (either sending them off the stage), then gimp with fair again. But yeah I wish sheik had the old fair.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Sheik is debatable but Wolf is indeed better than at least Luigi, he should be in C Tier.
but Sheik is a bit underrated but it's comprehensible if we look at her reputation in america.

hey look someone who thinks wolf is capable of something :O those're hard to come by nowadays, even amongst his mains.
wolf is probably slightly better than luigi and i'd argue donkey kong as well but no one else

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
whether or not wolf is a better character...
I'd say both him and Donkey Kong will always be closeish because they have the similar amounts of viability (in the reverse sense).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's got a ton of Meh matchups, and not really strong matchups against the top tiers. Same for DK, but they are both obv bad.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
whether or not wolf is a better character...
I'd say both him and Donkey Kong will always be closeish because they have the similar amounts of viability (in the reverse sense).
If the infinite is allowed on DK, so many areas still ban that infinite.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There might not be a single top or high tier that Wolf has an advantage on. He'd be lucky to go even with most of them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There might not be a single top or high tier that Wolf has an advantage on. He'd be lucky to go even with most of them.
He beats G&W and Lucario, Olimar is even or in Wolf's favour, Marth and ZSS are at least even and Diddy Kong / ICs are considered even by many players who play the match-up. I won't comment on the MK match-up because people are idiots. His only match-up worse than 4/6 is Wario [and some ppl even like to tell me otherwise but I don't believe them] and maybe D3.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
wtf why is wario so bad >_>

just the cg? LMAO
Well, the CG goes into really high % [200%+] and Wario has grab set-ups; not true combos but stuff that is hard to escape for a fast faller [weak nair -> grab; dair -> grab; bite -> grab]. Also Wario's CG isn't as limited as Pikachu / D3 / Falco as it doesn't require space aka Wario can perform it on platforms. There are Wolf players who think it's 4/6 but I think it's worse [apparently I'm the only one though].

Edit: lol @ waving being Wolf's only strength. His anti-aerial moves solidly beat all of Wario's aerial approaches.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dthrow CG
Recovery problems
Problems killing Wario

Wario is bad for Wolf. It could definitely be worse, but it's at the very least a soft counter

GHEB also described the issue with Wario being able to initiate CG's from Bite because of his weight, meaning camping platforms isn't a viable strat for avoiding it.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
wario is le awesome in terms of le weaving, and that's pretty much wolf's only strength... and wario nullifies it.
imo.
Range, safety? Have you ever played a Wolf? If you don't gay him, it's a good character.

I guess I might as well throw out my own opinion. BTW, my opinion FREQUENTLY changes, so what I say now might not have been my opinion a couple of weeks ago when I submitted my list, though it'll be close.

Each line will be a tier. Characters ARE ordered within the tiers. LGL is assumed.

MK
Falco, Diddy, Snake
IC, Wario, Marth
Olimar, DDD, Pikachu
ZSS, Fox, Toon Link, Lucario
GnW, Donkey Kong, Zelda/Sheik, Peach
Rob, Shiek, Luigi, Wolf, Kirby, Pit, Sonic
Ike, Ness, Lucas, Bowser, Mario, Captain Falcon, Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Link
Ganondorf

Each line will be a tier. Characters ARE ordered within the tiers. LGL is not on.

MK
Diddy, Snake
Marth, Wario, IC, Falco, Olimar, GnW
Pikachu, ZSS, DDD, Toon Link, Donkey Kong, Lucario
Pit, Peach, Rob, Zelda/Sheik, Sonic, Yoshi, Sheik, Fox
Kirby, Wolf, Ness, Lucas
Jigglypuff, Mario, Luigi, Samus, Bowser, Ike
Captain Falcon, Link
Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, Zelda

Note: Zelda/Sheik always assumes that the match is started with the character in the preferable form.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@Pierce7D: The jump with Yoshi between lists is rather dramatic. I've never seen a Yoshi plank besides baiting U-airs with Egg Tosses. Is it really that good?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Samus's ledge game is actually pretty good.
Oh, it's good. But not that good. She can't spam as many projectiles or Zairs in a row from the ledge compared to being on stage normally. She has a stronger defensive position, but her offense suffers for it. And her offense is already fairly crappy.

Nor is Ike that helpless against planking. He does have huge range, he can safely swat away at various planking. He can also plank to some extent, but the aether limit does hurt.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Edge Cancelled Eggs with Yoshi are rather good if the opponent is really stupid. I remember how I won almost a Yoshi vs. Yoshi 1 vs. 3-Stocks by ECG' all the time.
But this is not the case against opponent who know how to play against Yoshi, like stay away when Yoshi is throwing eggs etc, You can even spike Yoshi out of it if you're carefully and the Yoshi doesn't recognize what you're trying to do.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Edge Cancelled Eggs with Yoshi are rather good if the opponent is really stupid. I remember how I won almost a Yoshi vs. Yoshi 1 vs. 3-Stocks by ECG' all the time.
But this is not the case against opponent who know how to play against Yoshi, like stay away when Yoshi is throwing eggs etc, You can even spike Yoshi out of it if you're carefully and the Yoshi doesn't recognize what you're trying to do.
*slowly moves towards the ledge*

*suddenly goes for Dtilt spike*

:D Yoshi's nose makes it so he's probably one of the, if not the, easiest character for Ike to Dtilt spike. lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He beats G&W and Lucario, Olimar is even or in Wolf's favour, Marth and ZSS are at least even and Diddy Kong / ICs are considered even by many players who play the match-up. I won't comment on the MK match-up because people are idiots. His only match-up worse than 4/6 is Wario [and some ppl even like to tell me otherwise but I don't believe them] and maybe D3.

Lucario's aren't good at the wolf or Fox match-up typically. It's similar to the Diddy match-up where the Diddy is more likely to know what to do compared to the Lucario MU. It's even for each animal, except Falco who he might have a slight disadvantage, but it's pretty small.

Still that is my opinion on the matter, there are a few Lucarios who do think Lucario loses to space animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom