• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

KB has put a lot of work into playing Wolf, so it's not like he doesn't know the character. I've never played his Peach myself with Wolf, though. The only time I fought him in tournament(which was when I was still pretty new to competitive Brawl), he went Sheik. Maybe that's saying something?

But yeah, I'd agree that Wolf doesn't really have a hard time against Peach and put it in his favor.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually-

VIDEO EVIDENCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYsx_mixe4

Concrete stuff
I'll say this before Dark.Pch says it, because it's true:

PeachKid played that match SO bad, like... Man, so many bad decisions! Who approaches with sideB? Why roll under Ganondorf? Why attack his downB head-on (like charging his fsmash) instead of from above? sdfdsafadsfa good thing that match is almost a year old.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
To be fair, matchups are supposed to be based on player's of equal skill level. It's pointless to base a matchup value if one player is a lot better than the rest. That's why matchups in this community are so messed up :/

It's also hard to see who is better than who, and especially by how much. I guess tournaments are the best way to go for that matter, but besides that, I don't see how one can judge who is better/equal to what player and by how much. I mean how can you judge who's better? What types of qualities would you compare, especially @ mid-high level play that I think the majority of tournament players are at.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
To be fair, matchups are supposed to be based on player's of equal skill level. It's pointless to base a matchup value if one player is a lot better than the rest. That's why matchups in this community are so messed up :/

It's also hard to see who is better than who, and especially by how much. I guess tournaments are the best way to go for that matter, but besides that, I don't see how one can judge who is better/equal to what player and by how much. I mean how can you judge who's better? What types of qualities would you compare, especially @ mid-high level play that I think the majority of tournament players are at.
/
But but but what about a nebie olima vs you as a ganon?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I've played DLA a bunch of times, and the only thing that a Peach player has to really worry about is dash attack. If they are good at spacing and using turnips, the matchup isn't very hard. As long as the Peach player isn't dumb and makes sure not to float a lot, Ganon doesn't have many options to stop her. Plus it's really easy to gimp him with turnips. DLA told me that if I approach, he wins, and if I don't approach, I win. I think that's true for most of Ganon's matchups though ^^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!

People tend to seriously never get what I am trying to say and then tranfer it to a chain of jokes. I sit here and just die laughing at this community. This is why I gave up debating around here. This olace has like barely no legit people. Just post and get kudos from other people around here to stand out. A-maze-ing

You giys think and say what you want. This shows me how much time I wasted around here for nearly three years. And why character meta games don't really go anywhere.

Oh and hell yea Ganon could beat Peach. He actually should be cause of what people said here. People is terrible. Next tier list, please bring her down. Make her low tier please. That way I can host low tier tournies and win them. She really is that bad.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are we really talking about this?

Peach, pull a turnip and shield. Congratulations, you've successfully shut down any and all of Ganondorf's approaches.

This matchup is pretty damn hard for Ganondorf if Peach just plays it safe the entire time. Glide toss movement is too much for Ganondorf to deal with by itself, not including edgeguarding, general attack speed, and nice shield pressure.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Relfex leave it alone. These people just wanna make jokes to sound funny and be one with the crowd alone. Then start a chain. Let it go and think what they wan't it it not worth debating. And next teir list, please bring Peach down. she is so bad.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, how can you not see the sarcasm in those posts?
Glanced over them in passing. I have very little sleep after a tournament and an otherwise exciting weekend. Just got home. I don't appear to be in the best of shape.

Also, my policy is to treat posts that I'm not sure about as serious. Lapse of judgment in that, I guess. Better to be nice and get trolled than to disregard a serious question.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!

People tend to seriously never get what I am trying to say and then tranfer it to a chain of jokes.
-dead-
Are we really talking about this?

Peach, pull a turnip and shield. Congratulations, you've successfully shut down any and all of Ganondorf's approaches.

This matchup is pretty damn hard for Ganondorf if Peach just plays it safe the entire time. Glide toss movement is too much for Ganondorf to deal with by itself, not including edgeguarding, general attack speed, and nice shield pressure.
Why cant ganon just walk forward and powershield :awesome:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Characters considered -1 against MK should definitely be much higher if that occurred.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Anybody up for converting the matchup chart into a weighted matchup tier list?
Well, if you take the average match up score that characters have, try to order them based on the average match up number thingy and then try to split them into tiers...the list would possibly look something like this

Link to average MU score v1.0 list
S: :metaknight:

A: :marth::popo::falco::snake:
B: :wario::olimar::pikachu2::diddy::dedede:

C: :gw::lucario::zerosuitsamus::toonlink: :pit::peach:
D: :kirby2::fox::wolf::sheilda::rob::sheik:
E: :dk2::sonic::yoshi2::ike::luigi2::pt:

F: :mario2::ness2::samus2::lucas:
G: :bowser2::falcon::jigglypuff::link2::zelda:
H: :ganondorf:

Of course, this list probably doesn't work since Ganondorf isn't in G tier weight to important match ups isn't used and I'm not sure if the tier divides work out properly so...yea

You'd could try setting a number of 'points' on charactes and have more points on important Mu's but then you have to define 'important' MU's...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB has put a lot of work into playing Wolf, so it's not like he doesn't know the character. I've never played his Peach myself with Wolf, though. The only time I fought him in tournament(which was when I was still pretty new to competitive Brawl), he went Sheik. Maybe that's saying something?

But yeah, I'd agree that Wolf doesn't really have a hard time against Peach and put it in his favor.
I hope you didn't take it as me underestimating you, I actually use Sheik at a pretty competent level. I've used her on Blue's Wario more than once before, among other things.

Tagxy

Smash Lord

It's already been done. Check the 2nd post of the matchup chart under more statistics.
I think that list is incorrect anyways. Based on the MUs they have marth should be way higher then ICs, and diddy should be above pika.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I'll say this before Dark.Pch says it, because it's true:

PeachKid played that match SO bad, like... Man, so many bad decisions! Who approaches with sideB? Why roll under Ganondorf? Why attack his downB head-on (like charging his fsmash) instead of from above?
You say that PeachKid chose bad options as if Peach possessed good ones

:falcon: :samus2: :snake: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda:
:ganondorf: :peach:

Future tier list

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i love how so many people were saying that DDD will have the best match ups in the tier list discussion. like i said then....
lol

there are several characters with better match ups especially against the characters that MATTER as opposed to ****** only mid low and low. hell he has more negative matchups than alot of characters in like mid tier-mid high let alone other high tiers (albeit they may not outright **** the guys who don't matter as hard)

lol

edit: idk why but i do ever so love to troll threads like this and the new mu chart and such. it's just so easy too it's insane. seriously i hate trolling when it comes to other threads but since all these threads are speculation and fact wrapped up together it just makes it so easy. and there are always responses in these threads too, so chortle worthy

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Link is so underrated. If Link had more attention into improving his metagame, his matchups would not be that horrible. :( R.I.P Link's awesomeness.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
DId you know that if you press Z while in the air...you can use Links clawshot????

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Link is so underrated. If Link had more attention into improving his metagame, his matchups would not be that horrible. :( R.I.P Link's awesomeness.
people to busy waiting money at any cost and playing gay as hell to care about advancing metagames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom