• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Gawd, just use MK against me, forget Yoshay

Besides, I've picked up a few new moves since we last battled. ;p

Nic64

Smash Lord
Good but not amazing, overusing it is certainly abuseable

Except Diddy : (

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well obviously.

But powershielding consistently is really good in this game. Also getting grabbed is not near as bad as it was in melee where like Fox could uthrow>uair rinse and repeat whereas in Brawl somebody throws you and the majority of the time they don't have a guaranteed followup.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol no follow ups, have you heard of chain grabs? anyone important either has them or gets ***** by them.

you're right, grabs definitely suck in brawl.

and i also wasn't factoring in powershielding, which is an entirely different subject by itself.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth
Fox
Doc
Ganon
Mario
Luigi
Shiek
Falcon
DK
Yoshi
M2
IC's

Let's play mvc3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Mk has a chaingrab Spelt? News to me.

Also I didn't say grabs sucked. Just aren't as powerful as they were in melee since there are few guaranteed setups out of them.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Also I didn't say grabs sucked. Just aren't as powerful as they were in melee since there are few guaranteed setups out of them.
He does on Ness and Lucas out of GR :awesome:.
, but so does everyone.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol no follow ups, have you heard of chain grabs? anyone important either has them or gets ***** by them.
Aside from ICies and D3 (who technically isnt even that important due to lack of popularity), how many 'popular characters have CGs that are a threat at all damages?

you're right, grabs definitely suck in brawl.
They dont all suck, they're just not as good as in melee.

and i also wasn't factoring in powershielding, which is an entirely different subject by itself.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!! How in the ****ING HELL can they be different?! Powershielding involves usimg your SHIELD and even has the word SHIELD in it!! In fact, when people say, 'use shield', most of the time they mean powershield.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aside from ICies and D3 (who technically isnt even that important due to lack of popularity), how many 'popular characters have CGs that are a threat at all damages?
oh my god you guys suck at reading.

your fallacies do not amuse me. try again when you can actually keep an argument on topic, and don't degrade it down to semantics.

Let's play mvc3
I agree.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
add me

Drmarioguy

I'll still play you even if you're a *** and run something gay.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh, speaking of dark. I meant to talk to you about that conversation that you had with seagull.

He was saying that he thinks wolf has an advantage on peach, and part of his argument for that was the fact that he beat 3 of the top peach mains either in money matches or in tourney matches at pound.

In responce to this, you replied saying that the 3 people he played didnt play the matchup correctly.

Now, what you said MAY OR MAY NOT be true. but the way I see it, is that the fact of the matter is that if between 3 of the best peach players, they couldnt come up with a style or strategy that would beat his wolf. then i think hes right and that wolf has an advantage in the matchup.

You say that if peach applys different tactics then the matchup becomes even. but thats really kind of irrelavent because for all intents and purposes, youre saying that the matchup is even if peach does things that none of the people who play her do. If the matchup requires such a vast change in tactics and playstyle that nobody can effectively do it, then that says to me that it doesnt matter what would happen if those techs were implemented because nobody can or is doing it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Its a pity though, coz that logic will be wasted like always. inbe4 a 1000 word rant about why it is still even, despite never addressing any of the real worl points kid brought up.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wolf has an advantage. Nothing ridiculous or huge but an advantage all the same. Bair is ew, Wolf's weight is bleh, Shine is silly and Fair/D Smash are eek
So yea, he has an advantage although I can't help but raise a few eyebrows (aka all 2) at Peach's Float getting intercepted by lasers ( Are you talking about recovery or onstage?) and at Peach killing with Uair - I'd argue it wasn't one of her primary kill moves, especially against Wolf because he falls so fast (not going to get many chances for a Uair) and Peach might use it for a Uair string if she gets the chance + she'll probably get a Uair in after a Dair or something and Uair sucks at killing when its stale, even after its refreshed with moves. I'd be more inclined to space a Fair (surprise surprise) or try get Wolf offstage and gimp with a Turnip

That reminds me, where are your matches Seagull? I can't find them :c

Hilarious fact - Peach's D Smash beats out Wolf's D Smash
70:30 +5 MU :troll:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Top 5/Top 8 in the game depending on who you ask.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
a week ago you talked about relative good ratios of that match-up! ._.
this LOLOLOLOL

But shielding is supposed to be for defense. :urg:
Not really. I legit only approached with dash shield a little more than a year ago and could still **** people >_>...

Mind you I rarely approached ever but you know what I mean.

characters flat out losing to shield is an overstatement.
Are you sure we are playing the same game?
oh, speaking of dark. I meant to talk to you about that conversation that you had with seagull.

He was saying that he thinks wolf has an advantage on peach, and part of his argument for that was the fact that he beat 3 of the top peach mains either in money matches or in tourney matches at pound.

In responce to this, you replied saying that the 3 people he played didnt play the matchup correctly.

Now, what you said MAY OR MAY NOT be true. but the way I see it, is that the fact of the matter is that if between 3 of the best peach players, they couldnt come up with a style or strategy that would beat his wolf. then i think hes right and that wolf has an advantage in the matchup.

You say that if peach applys different tactics then the matchup becomes even. but thats really kind of irrelavent because for all intents and purposes, youre saying that the matchup is even if peach does things that none of the people who play her do. If the matchup requires such a vast change in tactics and playstyle that nobody can effectively do it, then that says to me that it doesnt matter what would happen if those techs were implemented because nobody can or is doing it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf has an advantage. Nothing ridiculous or huge but an advantage all the same. Bair is ew, Wolf's weight is bleh, Shine is silly and Fair/D Smash are eek
So yea, he has an advantage although I can't help but raise a few eyebrows (aka all 2) at Peach's Float getting intercepted by lasers ( Are you talking about recovery or onstage?) and at Peach killing with Uair - I'd argue it wasn't one of her primary kill moves, especially against Wolf because he falls so fast (not going to get many chances for a Uair) and Peach might use it for a Uair string if she gets the chance + she'll probably get a Uair in after a Dair or something and Uair sucks at killing when its stale, even after its refreshed with moves. I'd be more inclined to space a Fair (surprise surprise) or try get Wolf offstage and gimp with a Turnip

That reminds me, where are your matches Seagull? I can't find them :c

Hilarious fact - Peach's D Smash beats out Wolf's D Smash
70:30 +5 MU :troll:
I recorded my MM's with Nicole and King Beef. They're on my channel:

www.youtube.com/user/jraucher

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

These people gave wolf the reason he would get easy hits and kills. if they was not to and still lose I Not care. But I am not gonna believe something like that if you are really just gonna rush at a character that destroys you for it. Let me go Beat every peach with Ganon and say gonan has a slight advantage over here. if I see that these Peaches wanna come at me all the time and not breath. or doing the same thing to where I can punish easy with ganon, I am not gonna sit here and be like "lolololol I just stomp the top three with ganon, so he wins and should go up on the list"

Being one of the best with your character does not mean you know it all or do things right. And people tend to think thats what it means. Or have this mindset in their heads. it just means, out of a group of people that play the same character as you, you are one of the better ones. This does not mean you are on pro status and know it all with match ups.

I'm really not gonna get into a debate about this. But I saw how these matches went. Aside from Excel. I am not suprised that excel lost to him cause he is aggressive. Wolf is having a field day with that. Nicole can't do Wolf and idk what KB story is, he can speak for himself on that.

I said this before and I will say it again, beating a top peach does not mean anything. Yes it is said and **** up, but it is true. And hell yea I am included in that mess too. And reasons why is for stuff like this.

Now you or anyone else don't have to agree with me.i am not here to change peoples minds at all. believe what you want and think what you want. i'm just chillin.

Steam

Smash Hero
ITT: peachkid johns.

IMO Lucario beats snake. Lucarios just don't play the matchup right. Ally beating Trela was a fluke.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Dark Peach you need to drop that stitchface plush, every post you make its like that thing is ramming into your crotch or something.

Nuts at killing % all the time, seriously lay off that.

Browny

Smash Hater
These people gave wolf the reason he would get easy hits and kills. if they was not to and still lose I Not care. But I am not gonna believe something like that if you are really just gonna rush at a character that destroys you for it. Let me go Beat every peach with Ganon and say gonan has a slight advantage over here. if I see that these Peaches wanna come at me all the time and not breath. or doing the same thing to where I can punish easy with ganon, I am not gonna sit here and be like "lolololol I just stomp the top three with ganon, so he wins and should go up on the list"
This is pretty much sig-worthy

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I think Wolf has a very slight advantage over Peach.

he walls her hard with that stupid bair and even some fairs. His mobility on and off the ground makes him getting inside of (or away from) Peach easy. His moves have very high prioritya nd are very quick. And it's hard for Peach to KO him.

With that said, I beat a random Wolf 2-0 in my local tourney and feel I know the matchup well enough to beat any wolf. LOL

Seagull we are almost int he same region, if I ever see you lets MM

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think Wolf has a very slight advantage over Peach.

he walls her hard with that stupid bair and even some fairs. His mobility on and off the ground makes him getting inside of (or away from) Peach easy. His moves have very high prioritya nd are very quick. And it's hard for Peach to KO him.

With that said, I beat a random Wolf 2-0 in my local tourney and feel I know the matchup well enough to beat any wolf. LOL

Seagull we are almost int he same region, if I ever see you lets MM
Beating a random Wolf is a very bad concept of knowing a matchup @___@...

And you're from California. I'm all the way on the other side of the country in Maryland. How are we almost in the same region?????

And I'd MM you of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom