• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think Ganon could possibly move down a tier.

Also, aside from allowing zelda mains to play in low tier tournaments, why does she even need her own spot on the tier list? It should just be sheldar, not sheik and zelda and sheldar.

You can argue that, unlike PT, they don't HAVE to transform. But, by the logic we could add nolimar and sopo to low tier because "you don't have to use nana or pluck pikmin". A playstyle shouldn't get a spot on the tier list. Making poor or no use of the best options available to you does not make the character worse. If I don't use tornado or shuttle loop with metanight as a personal decision, you wouldn't add a "tornadoless, shuttle loop free metaknight" to A tier would you?

Also Charizard and Ivysaur needs to be ranked as well then. You don't actually have to use squirtle if you don't want to.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think Ganon could possibly move down a tier.

Also, aside from allowing zelda mains to play in low tier tournaments, why does she even need her own spot on the tier list? It should just be sheldar, not sheik and zelda and sheldar.

You can argue that, unlike PT, they don't HAVE to transform. But, by the logic we could add nolimar and sopo to low tier because "you don't have to use nana or pluck pikmin". A playstyle shouldn't get a spot on the tier list. Making poor or no use of the best options available to you does not make the character worse. If I don't use tornado or shuttle loop with metanight as a personal decision, you wouldn't add a "tornadoless, shuttle loop free metaknight" to A tier would you?

Also Charizard and Ivysaur needs to be ranked as well then. You don't actually have to use squirtle if you don't want to.
you realize how dumb this is?

it's because they always have the options they start out with. just because they don't use that move doesn't mean they don't have the option.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Zelda doesn't have the option to use Down B just as MK has the option to use Tornado?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Zelda doesn't have the option to use Down B just as MK has the option to use Tornado?
?
does tornado turn MK into a completely different character that can stand alone?

link2702

Smash Champion
did lucario mastuh from aib just create a troll account here on aib too and name it zeldaru?

bravo mastuh, more lolz to be had from ur posts.

Tesh

Smash Hero
?
does tornado turn MK into a completely different character that can stand alone?
Yes?

Its a move.

If you consider Sheldar a character instead of 2 characters then using her moveset effectively isn't "turning into a completely different character" any more than MK "turns into a tornado".

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
her moveset gives her a different name

there let's see you top that.

:troll:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sopo is. And he should be ranked seperately because we refer to him as Ice Climber without Nana not Ice Climbers

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
who cares?

So what I want to know: Who else feels that MK has at most 2-3 matchups worse than 60-40 his advantage? I think there are only 2 characters who can boast 45-55 against him personally, I'd be curious how others feel.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
General truth of the matter.
Even though I'd probably replace 60:40 with 65:35 if you consider what MK can abuse.

Even if you don't, thinking realistically about how many times out of a 100 matches an MK main will beat X character main...

Browny

Smash Hater
hahahahah yep shaya

Its all a conspiracy though. By people deluding themselves into thinking they would honestly take off more than like, 30 games out of a 100 vs an equal-skilled MK main, he remains unbanned :p

Steam

Smash Hero
hahahahah yep shaya

Its all a conspiracy though. By people deluding themselves into thinking they would honestly take off more than like, 30 games out of a 100 vs an equal-skilled MK main, he remains unbanned :p
the MK boards seem to be further sugar coating his MUs as well in the MU chart.

lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i thought it was common knowledge by now that MK mains downplayed their matchups.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the mountain of salt that never fails to be produced whenever people discuss meta knight is hilarious

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I wonder, will a rediscussion ever be opened?

I can tell there are so many people who are itching to discuss MK more openly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
John, you must not speak of it. The mods..... are watching...

Though on the subject of MK mains pretending he has a bunch of near even matchups. Thats just johns about matchup inexperience and pretending they dont get outplayed by THAT much when they lose. Lose to a jigglypuff? Its 60:40 at worst because pound is soooooooooooooo good. Pro Yoshi ***** you? OMG PIVOT GRAB TO CG MAKE IT EVEN!! Can't comprehend the power of Fox Upsmash? Its like 50:50 dawg!

Then again I suppose some of them just want him to look less broken on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom