• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
if we make a tier list based off MU D3 would probably be first. the only reason people would say "no, he isn't" is if they already have the prior knowledge that MK is the best character.

a character can be the best character and still have a disadvantage but you'd have to know that the few characters that beat him are already better than him
And Ganon wouldn't move ROFL.
if you didn't weigh any characters popularity and tournament presence, ddd would most definitely be first i think

but alas, bad characters are less popular
This is why I always say D3 is the "best" character matchup-wise. You always say I'm wrong, but here you say I'm right. YAY!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Also since when do you need to watch an anime to know about basic chemistry?
It certainly makes it all the more interesting to learn than textbook reading.

But enough about that.

How often does the Captain get discussion? No, I don't mean the one that plucks carrots.

I think he's top 3 of low-tier.

:093:

Laem

Smash Champion
wait wth is this
dedede has the best MU's overall?
thats just stupid
and im disappointed
and its really ****ing stupid

for the love of whatever you believe in
MK has the best mus

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede loses to a fair amount of characters, and doesn't even have that great of an advantage against many of the people he does beat. Most of the characters that get molested stand little chance against other characters, too.

We just need to be more realistic about some of the greatly-disadvantaged low tiers, and it would fall into place rather well. If Dedede really invalidates a great deal of the cast, assuming the characters you go against are more or less randomized, he covers matchups better than almost anyone else, and that's all a high placing would really mean on such a list. It doesn't really reflect the current metagame a great deal (pocket MK, etc.).

But on the flip side, that wouldn't be taking into account his bad matchups. Bad matchups which exist from characters who are better than him. I'd have more weight on a bad matchup than a good matchup.

one, what i was saying spelt was that its impossible for 3 characters to move down and eeveryone else to stay in the same spot, thats the thing people dont recognise about the tier lists. dont any of you watch Full Metal Alchemist? 'In order to gain, something of equal value must be lost' characters cant go up the tier list unless other characters are proportionately moving down the list.

also to the point of matchup numbers (this is semi hypothetical but it should still prove the point.

Lets take mk, marth and ddd, and their matchups with falcon, ganon and bowser.
mk goes +2 (please dont argue the matchups with me, and just assume that im right for the sake of the example) with bowser and falcon and +3 with ganon.
marth goes+2 with ganon, falcon and bowser.
DDD, however, goes +4 with all three of those characters.

DDD as a whole is now at +12 while mk is at +7 and marth +6 so now DDD is a better character than mk and marth. This is the problem with a matchup based tier list.
The characters you listed (CF Ganon) are not relevant to the metagame in any sense. Popularity, MU spread, etc.

****** low tier characters is not something to be impressed with. ****** mid tiers and high tiers and top tiers, THAT is something to be impressed with.

wait wth is this
dedede has the best MU's overall?
thats just stupid
and im disappointed
and its really ****ing stupid

for the love of whatever you believe in
MK has the best mus
Dedede wouldn't have anything close to the best matchup spread if you weight it with any sense. AKA beating low tiers isn't really worth much, while losing to high tiers is.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
The characters you listed (CF Ganon) are not relevant to the metagame in any sense. Popularity, MU spread, etc.

****** low tier characters is not something to be impressed with. ****** mid tiers and high tiers and top tiers, THAT is something to be impressed with.

Dedede wouldn't have anything close to the best matchup spread if you weight it with any sense. AKA beating low tiers isn't really worth much, while losing to high tiers is.
finally. sir these were the words ive been looking for. thank you.

now i will do the same thing kid did only make it relevent to the point at hand.

we will take Mk, DDD, and Snake as the predominant characters and for the 3 metagame relevant characters we will use pit, marth, and pickachu (a very diverse character set).

metaknight beats pit and marth at 60:40 while going 45:55 with pickachu.
DDD goes 50:50 with pit, 45:55+ against pickachu, and beats marth 60:40.
snake goes even with pit and marth and beats pikachu.

so in this relevant situation you have MK with a +2 and 1 "even" match up.
snake has a + 1 for going even with 2 and beating 1
ddd is at 0 because he goes even with pit, -1 against pikachu, +1 against marth.

just saying there like 35 sides to this coin and thus we should not just make assumptions that DDD is the best when i could just keep listing chars that go even or beat him

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
all of these characters beat or go even with DDD last time i checked the said characters match up board

metaknight, zero suit, falco, pit, pikachu, luigi, diddy kong, kirby, ice climbers, peach, toon link, olimar, lucario.....

all of these characters beat Metaknight....
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hell there are plenty of chars who lose to less people than DDD does over all and even have better matchups against high tiers than he does

however im not gonna be the one to fulfill ur request on the every character comparison USSI. not my job nor will i say im qualified to do it. im just goin round lookin at boards and makin at least semi educated posts as this discussion is the only discussion that is staying active all day

Steam

Smash Hero
all of these characters beat or go even with DDD last time i checked the said characters match up board

metaknight, zero suit, falco, pit, pikachu, luigi, diddy kong, kirby, ice climbers, peach, toon link, olimar, lucario.....
DDD is arguably lucario's worst matchup. I'd MUCH rather fight a MK.

D3 ***** luigi ultra hard BTW

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luigi/Dedede isn't so bad, I think, because Luigi's jab does wonders, and Luigi does serious work when he's inside. Still Dedede's favor, but as far as getting in goes, it's surprisingly not too difficult to do with Luigi's tools.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
luigi also gets infinited though... anything luigi does carries massive risk.
Mario, Luigi, and Samus aren't infinited until KO percents. While five extra throws is a big deal (~30%), it's not a stock like everyone seems to think.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought it was a also not an infinite at KO percents because we all know how to mash crazy fast now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
6 inches combined is a legit team name when both players are Asian

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Mario, Luigi, and Samus aren't infinited until KO percents. While five extra throws is a big deal (~30%), it's not a stock like everyone seems to think.
I dunno why the standing infinite is even banned anymore, cause mashing out is too easy with K Prime's method too. Better off just doing the normal CG as it is. People are probably just lazy to change the rules on a technicality, protect the scrubs who don't know how to mash out

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
refering back to my example, low tiers dont matter to the metagame as much as the top tiers. but matchups are not weighted in a matchup chart. thus characters that **** low tiers, but arent great vs better character will look better than characters that have consistent small advantages over many characters.

we KNOW that some characters are more important than others, but that isnt reflected on a matchup chart.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Alright guys let's just be honest here. Meta Knight just isn't the best in the game anymore. Diddy is.
When you look at placings, you see a significantly higher x-intercept of the Diddy character icon more often than not. Particularly not even. Sometimes Meta Knight is just the better player. I would go so far as to say always.

Sure Diddy might not have the results or the potential of MK, but in this instance I feel like now in the metegame at this time nowish that results are more important.

Not caps

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
DTL I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but read columns D and E.

Includes all tournies that occurred in 2011.

MK's ~36.5% vs Diddy's ~6.5%
lolk

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
HahAhaha John you're so wrong you aren't even wrong because we're both pretty right.

When looking at numbers, you have to think ("RATIOS?!") in that way/order. That's what it comes down to. And what people don't realize is that if you take the number of Meta Knights winning tournaments and divided it by that amount of Meta Knight tournament winnings, you get the codec for Diddy, the monkey pokemon.

Fine, they're pretty accurate to this point, but the Olimar matchup. What's a banana gonna do to a pikmin? That's right, nobody talks about it, but Pikmin NEVER trip. Favoring Diddy in this one, with evidence no chart can properly display the difference in Olimar and Diddy's spot on the 2nd tier list.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Because turning two of your -3 MUs into -2/-1 MUs too good?

I still don't get the "Pikachu has a only slight advantage against Zelda" thing. tbh I still think Pika runs circles around Zelda and can gimp her pretty well.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm unsure as to why Zelda/Sheik is that high. I guess during the voting process BBR members were like "Oh yea, we're supposed to include that too, lemme go put zelda/sheik on my list real quick" and then naturally put them somewhere above Sheik.

I can see Zelda/Sheik being above Sheik. But does including the second worst character in the game realistically make you better than Ike and Sonic?

I bet they caught this already and are prepared to make the better call when they start making the next tier list.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Someone please explain why they think Shelda doing slightly better in 2 MU's puts her more than one place above Sheik.
because when using sheilda you don't have to use Zelda in every match, it just means that you have that option to switch if you need to. Zelda and sheik on the list are what they're ranked if you never change at all, but sheilda just means that you can switch between the two if you want. If it's not a good time to switch, then don't do it, and just because you don't switch then doesn't mean you're not using sheilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom