• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lets talk about exactly how much PT should drop. Which current low tiers are better than PT? Yoshi for sure. But what about Lucas?

this is why we dont take low level play into account when we discuss these things, top level play only because we know explicitly what that is.
Umm... Even then we do not know what it is exactly. The reason why it is always changing. G&W/RoB are examples of that.
Tier list is so LAME!
lol I had forgotten the last time I heard this comment.
You\'re all nuts.
If only squirtle could break free!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Umm... Even then we do not know what it is exactly. The reason why it is always changing. G&W/RoB are examples of that.
Hrm...Really? I thought G&W has always been ****ty. What breakthroughs have happened lately?

1st tier list. ROB top tier. G&W 4th best.
Now. Rob is middle tier. G&W 11th place.

Reasons? Top level play figured out how to get around these characters. What these people had going for them like 2 years ago is not good now. Top level play changed. All I am saying is that no one knows exactly know what top level play since it always can change. Epsically with a talented player. Things will likely be radically different 4 years from now.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
1st tier list. ROB top tier. G&W 4th best.
Now. Rob is middle tier. G&W 11th place.

Reasons? Top level play figured out how to get around these characters. What these people had going for them like 2 years ago is not good now. Top level play changed. All I am saying is that no one knows exactly know what top level play since it always can change. Epsically with a talented player. Things will likely be radically different 4 years from now.
Oh--I thought you meant that they changed radically recently. Never mind.

I do not think the game will change much from what it is now, but there is still plenty of untapped potential. If only Meta Knight were a fair character...

Wario coming through the curtains with his rapeface on
He is going to get you.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff will rise to top tier in the last few years like in melee......you heard it here first.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have this dream that we'll find some crazy teleport glitch that launches you horizontally into a blastzone.

But then tether recoveries will be able to grab the ledge before dying, making them have the best recovery!

yay ivysaur

Yikarur

Smash Master
I have this dream that we'll find some crazy teleport glitch that launches you horizontally into a blastzone.

But then tether recoveries will be able to grab the ledge before dying, making them have the best recovery!

yay ivysaur
I've found a 1 frame SD Glitch with MK on a custom stage.

Steam

Smash Hero

yay ivysaur
but then port town will be THE ONLY LEGAL STAGE.

oh noez

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have this dream that one day Yoshi will have zero shield drop lag and/or be able to jump out of shield. :awesome:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Had a dream where Sonic could Sonic-cide with his Bthrow.

And where canceling his Homing Attack in a specific way would increase the knockback of any of his moves barring pummels and throws by 75% of the original knockback.

Needless to say, I was not happy when I woke up.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Pit's placement in the previous tier list was mostly formed based on speculation of yet-unrealized potential, but that potential (if it exists...) still has yet to materialize in regions other than Japan, where the stage selection heavily favors him. As such, he is moving down to a place which more closely corresponds to his present abilities in the US, Europe and Australia.
Sorry, but I believed tier lists were rankings of characters made considering their tournament "presence" and tournament viability. So much so I remember SBR members even clarified for me that "potential" was not measured in TLs. Unless if the Tier Lists' criteria has changed, this Tier List should not consider things like "potential". Every character has "potential" to do better, because nothing is impossible. It's not impossible for everyone to pick up Yoshi so that every tournament is 95% Yoshi players and 5% MK, which would place Yoshi first or second, depending on how the BBR weighs the aspects of such an extreme situation.

Unless if, when you said potential, you mean that you saw Pit do well in Japan. But then again, you said yourself that Japan's maps are different, and so you can't compare directly the viability of Pit between two different scenes.

Savon

Smash Ace
Can't you at least look at the aspects of Pit that are comparable between the two countries?

Regardless of the stage list, if Pit can do "X" on final destination, it should be taken into consideration regardless of the players nationality. Just because a nation has a different metagame than us, it does not mean that everything that they do is null to us

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Can't you at least look at the aspects of Pit that are comparable between the two countries?

Regardless of the stage list, if Pit can do "X" on final destination, it should be taken into consideration regardless of the players nationality. Just because a nation has a different metagame than us, it does not mean that everything that they do is null to us
I'm not trying to say you can't look at other countries at all, I'm saying that you shouldn't place a character higher just because you see that he does better in a different scene, where the maps are different, unless you're only considering his viability on the stages we use too. But then again, even the time limit is different.

Again I'm not talking about the nationality or the metagame, but the scene itself. Their ruleset is different from ours too, and that has to be taken into consideration. Hopefully I clarified myself.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

you see the thing is no one cares because its pit. he loses to falcon 60-40.

always the pit mains.

I'm not trying to say you can't look at other countries at all, I'm saying that you shouldn't place a character higher just because you see that he does better in a different scene, where the maps are different, unless you're only considering his viability on the stages we use too. But then again, even the time limit is different.

Again I'm not talking about the nationality or the metagame, but the scene itself. Their ruleset is different from ours too, and that has to be taken into consideration. Hopefully I clarified myself.
also no one cares unless they use pit because its pit. no one but a twelve year old girl or a ****** wants to use a fairy that even runs like a queer competitively

the smash kingdom villians council shud have chose the heros of brawl too they did the right thing with kid icaarus' villian and wudda done the same wit its hero.
This is seriously like at least the fifth time you bring that out of nowhere. Stop.
I had a dream that yoshi mains would stop asking for his shield to change.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

I have a dream that Lucario's entire moveset will speed up by 2 frames or more, and that his recovery will not be judged by its hitbox, but by the overall characteristics of his offstage/recovering game.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Cept half the people on this forum use gay comments as a joke for any character/tactic they don't like.

But anyway, if that matchup ratio is a joke, then I missed that one entirely.
It isn't worth getting riled up about Lenus.
Let it roll off your back, long as it isn't directed to you in an insult, there is no need to be defensive. Just ignore it, move on, im sure they will notice as well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Let it roll off your back, long as it isn't directed to you in an insult, there is no need to be defensive. Just ignore it, move on, im sure they will notice as well.
The homophobic language is actually pretty ingrained in Smash. Not nearly as bad as other video games, but it's existence is still saddening. The statement "if it's not personal, it's not homophobic" is particularly ignorant.

But that's another blog for another thread.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I'm not riled. However I make of habit of pointing it out so people think about it.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom