• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleyva

Smash Ace
how the **** can samus be heavy and floaty at the same time that makes no sense AND it's ********.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
well technically if you want to be scientific weight does not actually affect fall speed, only your air resistance does.

if you drop a feather in a vacuum(a place where there is no air for you laymen) it will literally "fall like a rock"

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so um NC discovered that normal brawl is slow and boring recently, so we've been going into special brawl and playing Heavy Fast brawl instead.

****'s way better than melee or brawl. too fun

D

Deleted member

in NJ norfair isn't legal so I'm not sure.
Come experience it in the MW. Norfair is awesome(at least for Wolf it is). He also does the best on Brinstar among the spacies.

Good stuff being able to beat good MKs on Brinstar, though. Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking MK to Brinstar one-on-one with Wolf, but try it against a double MK team in doubles and see how things turn out...ugh.

I think you're the only Fox I've heard of that does well on Brinstar. Just stage preference, or do you genuinely believe Fox isn't bad there?

Also, good luck if you're counter-picked to RC. I don't see a Fox doing well there, really. :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont think fox is bad on brinstar either. but then again I dont main him and only play him in tourney when somebody cps me there.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
(to be added to front, kthx)

Replace "<hr size="1" style="color:; background-color:" />"
with: -----------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tier List Version 5
-----------------------------------

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good stuff being able to beat good MKs on Brinstar, though. Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking MK to Brinstar one-on-one with Wolf, but try it against a double MK team in doubles and see how things turn out...ugh.
Both horrible ideas. Mk vs Wolf on brinstar is terribad. It's probably the worst stage Mk can take him too...

D

Deleted member

I'd think Brinstar would be better than Rainbow Cruise. And yeah, I was noting the fact that double MK on Brinstar is the worst.

Nestec

Smash Ace
(to be added to front, kthx)

Replace "<hr size="1" style="color:; background-color:" />"
with: -----------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tier List Version 5
-----------------------------------

---

Btw...for the last 6 pages...you guys make me wanna cry and laugh at the same time...

:green:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
so um NC discovered that normal brawl is slow and boring recently, so we've been going into special brawl and playing Heavy Fast brawl instead.

****'s way better than melee or brawl. too fun
/waits for xonar to come in and act like he discovered something

oh and, about fox

he's homo because he's REALLY good at not letting your op. get momentum and has a great runaway/bait game with a broken punisher

but once he gets hit its really gay imo

definition of a glass cannon

NAKAT

Smash Champion

oh and, about fox

he's homo because he's REALLY good at not letting your op. get momentum and has a great runaway/bait game with a broken punisher

***** hit me up on AIM
Come experience it in the MW. Norfair is awesome(at least for Wolf it is). He also does the best on Brinstar among the spacies.

I think you're the only Fox I've heard of that does well on Brinstar. Just stage preference, or do you genuinely believe Fox isn't bad there?

Also, good luck if you're counter-picked to RC. I don't see a Fox doing well there, really. :/
I think it's a disadvantage, but hey low ceilings means quicker kills and you just have to avoid shuttle loops and sharking which personally aren't to hard for me so I do good there.

I am zelda...

Smash Rookie
Um I almost understand your reasoning but shouldn't. Zelda and Link be up a little higher? :o because really I don't see the difference of how powerful a character is but how the users skills of that certain character or any other character is :o

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the skill level of the user doesnt change how good the actual character is.
You can say that somebody can be very good and beat people with Zelda but you can literally say that about every character in the game so it doesnt change anything.

^^^ as many times as this has to be explained, i feel like it should be in the OP.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
the skill level of the user doesnt change how good the actual character is.
You can say that somebody can be very good and beat people with Zelda but you can literally say that about every character in the game so it doesnt change anything.

^^^ as many times as this has to be explained, i feel like it should be in the OP.
Not necessarily, at low levels of play fox is horrible in melee, but he's the best in the game at top levels of play.

There are a number of characters that don't compare favorably to the reast of the cast when all lower leveled players are involved but improve insanely at the top of the metagame. The reverse is also true.

That said, Zelda is unfortunately in the opposite category, lower levels of play for both players mean that you can't shieldcamp her or lock her into shield (with a safe character like marth or MK), you fall into her traps, and can't SDI out of her smashes. However, like G&W as the efficiency of both players increase, Zelda becomes weaker.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i disagree.

the skills and tools and the viability of a character doesnt change. the only thing that changes is ones perception of said skills based of their level of play in the game.

you cant say that fox is the best character in that game, but only as long as your good enough to make him that way, thats kinda redundant. The tier list is only supposed to include high/top level play. so the viability of the characters isnt affected by the skill of the players beyond that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Why the **** do we not have an organized effort to attend this?

*Gets to work*

i disagree.

the skills and tools and the viability of a character doesnt change. the only thing that changes is ones perception of said skills based of their level of play in the game.

you cant say that fox is the best character in that game, but only as long as your good enough to make him that way, thats kinda redundant. The tier list is only supposed to include high/top level play. so the viability of the characters isnt affected by the skill of the players beyond that.
Of course not technically, but the point you're missing is PERCEPTION, by players not existing who are good enough in the proper areas to illustrate the potential of the characters, then the character will be perceived as worse then the character actually is, which was sort of the point he was making about Zelda even though Zelda is not that kind of character.

The result is that while the character doesn't change, the position on the tier list in reality is wildly affected by perception of the character created by having a high level of skill required to play.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Because a pit will beat all of the americans and everyone will automatically start thinking he's A tier.
So now no one is allowed to go. We shall never be allowed to think Pit is good. I will not allow it!

Anyway, I'd go, but...you know, the whole "leaving the country to play a video game and possibly dieing" thing probably won't fly with my parents.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

oh and, about fox

Heavy fast brawl is gay.

Fast brawl for da real slow motion epicz

stingers

Smash Obsessed
heavy fast brawl is literally the funnest **** ever

its better than project m and they've spent a lot of time working on that **** (no troll)

y'all are just too scared of the samus/jiggs dominated metagame to embrace it imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom