• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The homophobic language is actually pretty ingrained in Smash. Not nearly as bad as other video games, but it's existence is still saddening. The statement "if it's not personal, it's not homophobic" is particularly ignorant.

But that's another blog for another thread.
That isn't what I mean Meno.

My point is this, while it may or may not be wrong; im not taking sides mind you; do not let yourself get angry. It is better to approach it in a calm manner and sort it out and people will learn from example. Even if they try to troll you, you just do what you need to and things work out.

I'm not riled. However I make of habit of pointing it out so people think about it.

That's all.
My error then since I thought you were upset over it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I wonder why all the annoying stuff is called "gay".

There is nothing homosexual about it and I think it's pretty disrespectful against homosexuals.

Why don't we call all suicidemoves Muslims?
Why don't we call hit n run tactics Jehovas then?

I guess we need a better word for that D:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Not annoying stuff! Effective stuff! Gay = effective! It's actually a compliment!"

Tesh

Smash Hero
"Not annoying stuff! Effective stuff! Gay = effective! It's actually a compliment!"
This.

Also LzR let me explain.

Falcon and Ganondorf are manly and they fight manly. In your face, no tricks or traps, horrible offstage, can't plank. Its very manly and heterosexual.

Running away and stalling is very unmanly. Some might even say its girly. Therefore you must like dudes and planking is gay. Camping is gay. Timeouts are gay.

You could always just get even and call plankers "breeders".

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You could always just get even and call plankers "breeders".
Again, 100% support on this.

Actually, whenever we find something we don't like we should all just describe it by comparing it to a random stereotypical/discriminatory slur.
Then everyone's equally upset and nobody can complain.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Plankers are actually manly, they are exercising in the middle of the match. Doing pushups in da ledge.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I chuckled a bit at this.
And then I read it again, and laughed really hard because I got the reference.
and then I kinda starting hating myself a little bit.

Why don't we call hit n run tactics Jehovas?
I was simultaneously amused and offended at this one despite not really getting it.
Again, 100% support on this.

Actually, whenever we find something we don't like we should all just describe it by comparing it to a random stereotypical/discriminatory slur.
Then everyone's equally upset and nobody can complain.

I call the trash talking for the blacks.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Stalling isn't gay. Its showing restraint. You've beaten the guy up just enough to prove a point and in 8 minutes that will be enough.

I also didn't get the Jehova one. I didn't realize they were known for hit and run tactics.

We should make a gay tier list while we are at it. Some characters are really gay but not good (like yoshi and jigglypuff) while some are very good and manly (like snake and fox).

S tier(super gay)
Jigglypuff
Metaknight
Falco
Wolf
King DDD

you guys fill in the rest.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The Jehova thing is because they come up to your door to annoy you (their approach) and then you try to counter them by making them away, but you whiff and they retreat for safety. Then they approach their next opponent.

That is Jehova tactic, it means pretty much all of us are Jehovas.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
We should make a gay tier list while we are at it. Some characters are really gay but not good (like yoshi and jigglypuff) while some are very good and manly (like snake and fox).

S tier(super gay)
Jigglypuff
Metaknight
Falco
Wolf
King DDD

you guys fill in the rest.
S tier
Marth

Negligible tier
Everyone else

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The homophobic language is actually pretty ingrained in Smash. Not nearly as bad as other video games, but it's existence is still saddening. The statement "if it's not personal, it's not homophobic" is particularly ignorant.

But that's another blog for another thread.
I wear those words with a badge of pride.

I wonder why all the annoying stuff is called "gay".

There is nothing homosexual about it and I think it's pretty disrespectful against homosexuals.

Why don't we call hit n run tactics Jehovas then?

I guess we need a better word for that D:
Nope. I play gay because I play to win.

I mean with that line of thinking, can't disagree with you.

The Jehova thing is because they come up to your door to annoy you (their approach) and then you try to counter them by making them away, but you whiff and they retreat for safety. Then they approach their next opponent.

That is Jehova tactic, it means pretty much all of us are Jehovas.
My name is John.

Also, that theoretical bullcrap was theoretically entertaining

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean if you want to get technical, on a very emotional based level, sure it's wrong and you should change it to something else. There are probably plenty of descriptive alternatives to elaborate on playing "gay", but the word is too imbedded in the Smash Community Fiber for it to realistically be replaced on a large scale.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's like saying slaves will never be free. It will only happen if people are willing to change, it starts with one person.

Any who Falcon > samus
You can't compare slavery to the Smash community verbally representing extremely campy gameplay with the word "Gay". I mean I understand what you are trying to say, but that kind of analogy is stretching it by FAR lol.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm too thick-skinned to care what people call "gay" and I wish more people were like that. But eh, I'm straight, what do I know?

Any characters we haven't talked about?

Laem

Smash Champion
LMAO nice pic

Lets discuss ganon
Just because he can't hit in theory doesn't mean he wont in practice
and honestly, after comparing tools and popularity/usage/placings/w/e, i could in fact see him 36th place, with dead last going to Jiggs.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Ganon's DA needs to be used more. It's 10 frames, great range, and can kill. It's amazing at punishing shielded smashes or airdodge landings. Ganon can use it to punish things like Snake's ftilt2 on shield easily where other characters like Pikachu have a hard time doing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
His DA is already spammed too much and that's why Ganon's can't really kill as effectively as they could.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Flame choke can also be reacted to...no prediction necessary. It is insanely easy to dodge, just not in wifi @_@

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, true, but you know what's funny? Ganon can shield to fsmash all of Pikachu's smashes. Good thing Pika ***** him with cgs and jolts.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't think Pikas don't smash into Ganon's shield, they use the stuff that's safe against Ganon, which in return makes it IMPOSSIBLE for Ganon to do ****, even with a hard read. Hi ho.
Also, his sideB sucks until it actually lands.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How are you going to land it then? His whole moveset can be reacted to, so you can wait and if you see sideB, you dodge and punish.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So um... I'm confused. How do you react to all of Ganon's moves? neutral-b... up-tilt... okay. Fsmash? Why are they using it in a manner where reaction time matters? Why would he use it if you're sitting on the ground in a neutral position lol. Similar thing about the choke. Seems to me like more of a followup.

The rest of his moves? I suppose most of them only require you to shield, but is the difference between the animation of his dash grab/sideb different enough from his other attacks that you can react appropriately? Not to mention do you actually have the reaction time to shield a jab or dtilt strictly on reaction and not prediction? <.<

This isn't to say he's not a very option-limited character tho. Definitely not saying that lol.

*coming from the guy who approaches Zelda with powershields and spotdodges on reaction to the sparkles in her dash grab animation*

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ganon's DA needs to be used more.
I disagree, because that implies that Ganon needs to be used more. He has...a lot of problems.

So um... I'm confused. How do you react to all of Ganon's moves? neutral-b... up-tilt... okay. Fsmash? Why are they using it in a manner where reaction time matters? Why would he use it if you're sitting on the ground in a neutral position lol. Similar thing about the choke. Seems to me like more of a followup.

The rest of his moves? I suppose most of them only require you to shield, but is the difference between the animation of his dash grab/sideb different enough from his other attacks that you can react appropriately? Not to mention do you actually have the reaction time to shield a jab or dtilt strictly on reaction and not prediction? <.<

This isn't to say he's not a very option-limited character tho. Definitely not saying that lol.

*coming from the guy who approaches Zelda with powershields and spotdodges on reaction to the sparkles in her dash grab animation*
I think it's less about "you can react to everything" and more like, "His good, fast moves are here, here, and here. Stay out of the area of his well-spaced D-Air, and keep an attack in the air so he can't do any aerials. Most everything else can be walked away from and possibly punished."

This is sort of like how Game and Watch is a bad character, except Game and Watch has much more going for him as far as his useful traits go.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
edit: ^Cause he's bad lol. Should be like mid tier or something, imo.
I disagree, because that implies that Ganon needs to be used more. He has...a lot of problems.
Oh you...

I think it's less about "you can react to everything" and more like, "His good, fast moves are here, here, and here. Stay out of the area of his well-spaced D-Air, and keep an attack in the air so he can't do any aerials. Most everything else can be walked away from and possibly punished."

This is sort of like how Game and Watch is a bad character, except Game and Watch has much more going for him as far as his useful traits go.
Right, but that has more to do with taking preemptive actions as opposed to reactive, which is what my post was in response to:
How are you going to land it then? His whole moveset can be reacted to, so you can wait and if you see sideB, you dodge and punish.
Perhaps I should I quoted this in the first place. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom