• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah. Falco has that too on a few characters. Most noteable TL on a ledge. If falco grabs TL on the ledge facing away from it, he can CG him in place when other wise he could not. Works on platform ledges too. Something about ledge reduces knockback. Although, for falco it is not that big of a deal since it is so rare to get it to work. I guess pikachu can do something like that too now.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Has there been any recent talk about Marth? Is he still toptier?
I mean that Marth is really difficult to use effectively and has a few weaknesses like a crappy dair and few reliable killmoves.

And his MU with MK. How is it now... I remember it being damn hard in 09-10 time. But didn't it get kinda better recently? Has Marth placed anywhere recently? Should he rise/drop? Who should rise/fall above/below him?

I really haven't seen much discussion about him and I would like to see if he still deserved his toptier status.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think he is a little better than Pikachu. You might see some average ones here and there, but there are only a couple of ones that really know what they are doing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth IMO is in the right spot on the tier list. He's clearly better than characters like Olimar, Dedede, Lucario, etc and he will always be better than them. Marth is really solid if you focus on his fundamentals and aren't trying to beat your opponent to a bloody pulp.

He'll probably remain the cutoff for top tier, unless you bump Pika up with the big boys, but he'll always feel like the true cutoff.

Browny

Smash Hater
Marf doesnt deserve to be in a tier with diddy or falco (IDK if youd put snake with those 2)
I feel its outright ridiculous that diddy and marth could ever share a top tier rofl, they are further apart than MK is to anyone else. I dont see why there is this general idea that the tiers should be larger. tbh Marf doesnt deserve a whole tier above Pikachu/Olimar/Lucario but if that meant putting those characters in the same league as Wario...

MK
diddy falco (snake)
(snake) Wario IC's Marf Oli/DDD/pika/luc/zss [NOT IN ANY ORDER]
TL/G&W etc.

IMO.

How is falco any good at staying where he is? He has two hard counters. ICs and Pikachu. It's even easy enough to practice very little with pikachu and still **** falco over.

He loses to ledge camping as he has to take a huge risk to counter it unless he has stock/percentage leads. And he gets further messed over by stages that are not neutral. I am surprised no one is thinking of falco like snake. He should be lower or something like that.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I always saw Falco as top 4 material, probably just me being Yoshi since all he has to do, while in a stock lead, is Camp with lasers and side-B when we try to approach.

Oh yeah, and about that Chaingrab Xeylode.

Laem

Smash Champion
falco is, in fact, rubbish without a LGL

so if the BBR continues to be stupid with the ruleset(no LGL) <-> tierlist, he should in fact drop.
Unless they dropped that attitude already, which i kinda doubt.

and regarding SDI, i would much like some1 to link me a vid of socal consistently punishing TKD's fair on hit, which is just one of the examples of omg SDI > all

Browny

Smash Hater
Because falco is always going to be behind in % right?

Its not like he has safe ways to repeatedly damage the enemy, a powerful chaingrab and overall a very good character such that getting a % lead is extremely hard for him...

Laem

Smash Champion
Because falco is always going to be behind in % right?

Its not like he has safe ways to repeatedly damage the enemy, a powerful chaingrab and overall a very good character such that getting a % lead is extremely hard for him...
admittedly obviously falco is still falco
but honestly, we're talking equal skill and there's NO GUARANTEE AT ALL that falco will have the % lead.
And if he doesn't, without an LGL and a willing opponent, he basically loses as the opponent just jumps and grabs the ledge continously until falco attempts to do a drop off aerial in which the odds of surviving are definitely....tragic.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I wonder why all the annoying stuff is called "gay".

There is nothing homosexual about it and I think it's pretty disrespectful against homosexuals.

Why don't we call all suicidemoves Muslims?
Why don't we call hit n run tactics Jehovas then?

I guess we need a better word for that D:
I support this 100%.
same

omg thats amazing

lzr da bess

"Gheb_01 Olimar has better potential to actually win a tourney than Marth imo."

marth has a way better matchup spread and is more consistent than olimar ._.

Luigi player

Smash Master
falco is, in fact, rubbish without a LGL

so if the BBR continues to be stupid with the ruleset(no LGL) <-> tierlist, he should in fact drop.
Unless they dropped that attitude already, which i kinda doubt.

and regarding SDI, i would much like some1 to link me a vid of socal consistently punishing TKD's fair on hit, which is just one of the examples of omg SDI > all
Even if you don't punish Fox' fair by SDIing out of it you can still take less % and be in a much better position (not to mention that Fox probably still has to complete his fair and you can try to punish him or at least pressure him somewhat).

Too bad SDI won't help much against Marth. :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
he uaired out of it, they traded hits with Dancing Blade's hit having almost no hitstun to fair

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wait, so he hit Marth with a u-air the same moment he got hit, then f-aired Marth immediately afterwards since there was no hit-stun in DB?

Wow... o.o

:069:

Luigi player

Smash Master
SDI had nothing to do with that.
This.

Ramin just used his last DB move too late (or it is just too slow and bad since everyone is saying that?) so that I could do an uair before he hit me.

I have a really hard time SDIing out of DB (because I'm mostly on the ground when I get hit and I try to SDI up most of the time which doesn't work if you're grounded ... ) and it's like the only move you can SDI besides his nair... and you can't even SDI tippers. :\

Edit: Okay I guess I was wrong and you can SDI all his tippers except from fsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom