• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Fox is pretty scary, even for pikachu. Id say that MK:peach is probably very close to Pikachu:Fox. TBH its really hard to say how much the cg affects the mu. Pikachu doesnt have a hard time landing grabs per say, but usually his ability to land grabs comes from punishment or as a series of options (i.e. in a particular moment he might grab, attack, bait, etc. and you have to guard against one while being vulnerable to others).

Obviously the fox is going to camp the pika, so punishments arent going to be handed to pika players; and if pikachus remove all their other options and focus just on grabbing, pikachus ability to land grabs ranks probably just above garbage. This gives fox a little more wiggle room because its viable for him to take damage until he cant be cgd, or take advantage of pikachus poor ability to straight up land grabs.

tl;dr
1. People overestimate the cg itself on fox
2. People underestimate the damage the existence of the cg can do, and pikas general ability to fight fox without landing it.
lol at whoever said DK will never be good with infinites allowed

you must be avoiding MLG results on purpose to say something that naive
Unfortunately the infinite was not allowed.

On topic, I think fox/dk/sonic/TL (maybe kirby) are all about the same and are probably closer to ZSS/GW/Lucario then to the people potentially below them.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic is clearly better than Peach, Donkey Kong, ROB, Luigi and Sheik. Seriously how does adding Zelda to Sheik put her above Sonic? All of a sudden Zelda adds some extra viability that Sonic doesn't have?

I guess if Wario could turn into Jigglypuff, he would be above Diddy Kong.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is clearly better than Peach, Donkey Kong, ROB, Luigi and Sheik. Seriously how does adding Zelda to Sheik put her above Sonic? All of a sudden Zelda adds some extra viability that Sonic doesn't have?

I can see Sonic getting C-tier but no further. Look at his match ups.

As a Peach main, I think peach could definitely make it to B tier if she wanted.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What about his matchups? Look at the folks above him. Sure their matchup threads might say they have a good matchup spread, but in practice it never seems to show.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Underrating would be me saying that this ***** :peach: is better than Wolf. I think Wolf is slightly behind DK. I mean sheesh.
learn to stop running into stupid ****

then you realize dk sucks...

complete ***

wolf has literally everything you could ask for in a character minus the worst possible weight to combo'd in

DK has Some good tools but even more weaknesses

reasons why dk sucks:

worst shield to body ratio in the game
****ty approaches
slow moveset/frame data
easily juggled
at best average recovery
if you zone his front side properly poor oos options
Awful mus w/ all of S-A tier outside of potentially marth, ics and snake if you want to go there. i think all win slightly but you can attempt to argue this.
also when he doesnt have punch his mixups are pretty limited :/

Alright mr wifi ladder wins are legitimate achievements.
I beat kain on ladder with MK (and im terrible with MK).
lets take this a step further

i beat ADHD with snake on ladder. the best win my snake has in singles... is keitaro in a 6 MAN TOURNAMENT irl for like 3$. lmfao
Kain originally was a wifi player/wolf. I remember seeing him on AiB ladder and online clans, stuff like that a few years ago lol.
relevance?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
good thing when DK has his punch completely charged his opponents are forced to play super defensive.... unless of course they want to die ~100% or take 30%

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
What about his matchups? Look at the folks above him. Sure their matchup threads might say they have a good matchup spread, but in practice it never seems to show.
At the end of the day Sonic is still a short range,low priority,light weight and weak character. Actually Fsmash an bair are decent for killing.
Other than that. The people who who placed well with him are just simply amazing players.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Sonic has the ultimate ally. The clock. Characters that do well use the clock to their advantage. Sonic is bad at most things but he's good at the best thing.

What matchup problems does wario have that jiggs solves. Think before you speak.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic isn't a lightweight. He is a mid weight with a good momentum cancel. Alot of characters in mid tier are pretty weak if you are talking about killing power.

Zelda doesn't really "solve" any matchups for Sheik. She still loses to pretty much everyone. All the characters that hard counter sheik still beat zelda with not much trouble. She is just a bad character attached to an okay character. Sheik+zelda should be ranked just above Sheik.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Sonic isn't a lightweight. He is a mid weight with a good momentum cancel. Alot of characters in mid tier are pretty weak if you are talking about killing power.

Zelda doesn't really "solve" any matchups for Sheik. She still loses to pretty much everyone. All the characters that hard counter sheik still beat zelda with not much trouble. She is just a bad character attached to an okay character. Sheik+zelda should be ranked just above Sheik.
I never said anything about Sheik. Sheik sucks.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman

I've noticed that you and several others are really negative about Peach, so I am asking all of you this.

What exactly makes Peach a bad character?

:052:
Quick attacks,high priority,good recovery,amazing air game.
I honestly don't know what makes her a bad character.

Browny

Smash Hater
Could it be the fact that her results have been rather mediocre for a very long time? Is it because her weakest matchups are VERY tournament prevalent characters? Is the reason no USA peach is able to play her perfectly simply because such a playstyle DOESNT exist and that her limitations as a character are clear as day?

Peach has had it easy for a long time. Doesnt have to do much to stay in a respectable position on the tier list because we all knew she was a great character, she just didnt have top level rep.

Except now we are 30+ months down the track and her potential that we once knew she had, simply doesnt exist. All characters around her have seen rises and drops as people exploit them and then everyone else exploits their weakness back while Peach has stayed constant. Her time is running out, if it hasnt already. We've given up on anyone being to play her perfectly and make her a B tier character (or even stay in C) because its clear it simply is not going to happen. Why continue to wait for this peach saviour as a reason to keep her high when every character near her as one and is proving a better character?

I for one am not saying that she will never be B-tier, NO ONE can say that. you dont have to go far back in time when you all would have chocked while reading anyone suggesting Sonic would be C tier. However as of December 18th 2010, plenty of characters below her have rightfully earned their place above her in the list and she should drop if this list is to represent the present day metagame. Whether the reason for this is Peach being a bad character or not is irrelevant, however apparently we only judge a characters worth by their position on the tier list. So if peach drops to >20th, make of that what you will. She may not be a bad character overall, but thats exactly how she seems right now relative to all other high/mid tier characters.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Peach isn't a BAD character, really. She has some great things going for her. The problem though, is that there are several characters below her who have proven to be better than she is in the current metagame. For that, Peach should be moved down.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sonic really should be like in the lowmiddletier. You always go saying a char can't rise because results are important. Sonic has a lot of good results now and you call it just call it x hype. Try to decide or it's hard to argue about pretty much anything.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Sonic really should be like in the lowmiddletier. You always go saying a char can't rise because results are important. Sonic has a lot of good results now and you call it just call it x hype. Try to decide or it's hard to argue about pretty much anything.
Yeeeeah, see the problem with that is, Sonic has been proven to be better than Low-Mid. Sonic has the tools to get around any character in the game. His 2 worst match-ups are Falco and Lucario. Falco is semi-prevalent in the tournament scene, and Lucario is pretty uncommon. Even then, Sonic's speed alone can make or break a match-up. As Crash said, Sonic has the BEST ally to assist him; time being that ally. People fail to realize that COMPETENT Sonic mains consistently place well in tournaments. KIDGoggles, Speed, Espy, Kuraudo, X and Trent (when he played) all place well. Atleast Top 10 on a fairly consistent basis.

BSP

Smash Legend
Quick attacks,high priority,good recovery,amazing air game.
I honestly don't know what makes her a bad character.
Peach could be B tier for all we know, but for now, the characters under her and right next to her are showing a lot better placements. She's got the stuff on paper, but it's not showing honestly.

Eventually, maybe, but we've given her a lot of credit up till now while others are steadily improving.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Peach dies at like 0 percent if you footstool her offstage. Among the worst recoveries in the game really.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach dies at like 0 percent if you footstool her offstage. Among the worst recoveries in the game really.
lol I can very much comprehend every one else's opinion and I find it quite agreeable actually, but this is simply complete bull****. Peach's recovery is really good.

:053:

Laem

Smash Champion
lmao thats really situational
You'd have to footstool her when she has neither jump nor float(can you float directly out of getting footstooled without your second jump? Is peach's float even footstoolable at all? my float knowledge is bad)
upb distance covers falling distance, she can probably stall out edgehogs n then upb

ending credits: footstool marth and he dies.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So much Peach hate
Would someone mind telling me what Kirby, ROB, Pit, DK (not so much) Zelda/Sheik and Luigi (not so much but all I really know is MLG) have been doing tournament wise?
This is sort of a serious question but I'm sort of tired of listening to the recent bashing of Peach

If you footstool her whilst she's Floating then she'll carry on Floating and you'll jump off her, like you do when footstooling someone in an attack animation

Although if someone gets even close to footstooling range I Uair or Up + B out of shock. Footstooling sucks

Tesh

Smash Hero
Peach has a great recovery. But she doesn't have any high level players that can safely recover with her amazing tools. Its really the Peach mains we should be blaming here.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach doesn't have a good vertical recovery.
The distance of her vertical recovery isn't bad either. It's just average. Not good not bad. She does not die from a footstool... if you ever manage to get one.

In addition to that, she rises quite quickly, has hitboxes all over her body and is very hard to edgehog. It is possible, it's just not easy. Peach might as well stall and use UpB at an unexpected timing, which is certainly not hard to accomplish. This makes her recovery good.

And that is in the rare occasion of Peach being in a disadvantage position. Her horizontal recovery is amazing and she's so floaty, she gets immediately sent upwards.

So much Peach hate
Would someone mind telling me what Kirby, ROB, Pit, DK (not so much) Zelda/Sheik and Luigi (not so much but all I really know is MLG) have been doing tournament wise?
With the exception of possibly DK, nothing special really. They should actually drop too, especially since we're steadily focusing much, much more on tournament results, rather than the tools if the chraracters.

:052:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeeeeah, see the problem with that is, Sonic has been proven to be better than Low-Mid. Sonic has the tools to get around any character in the game. His 2 worst match-ups are Falco and Lucario. Falco is semi-prevalent in the tournament scene, and Lucario is pretty uncommon. Even then, Sonic's speed alone can make or break a match-up. As Crash said, Sonic has the BEST ally to assist him; time being that ally. People fail to realize that COMPETENT Sonic mains consistently place well in tournaments. KIDGoggles, Speed, Espy, Kuraudo, X and Trent (when he played) all place well. Atleast Top 10 on a fairly consistent basis.
It seems that Sonic is a viable character. Then what does he do down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom