• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Why would it only make sense if it was only one person doing well?

:052:
Maybe I should have said believable, because you could label the one person as an outlier. But can a person be an outlier if the "outlier" has people replicating what he/she does. In sonic's case people could say X is an outlier but there other Sonic replicating what he does (don't feel like naming any because people already have)

Sorry if I sent the wrong message when I said the little part.

Coney

Smash Master
the OP broke!

also i think dk is incredibly underrated. dude should be at the bottom of high tier, he is absolutely not mid tier.

of course he has that whole gets-infinited-thing so maybe not. maybe i'm taking a too-east-coast perspective

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nope. DK is just full of gimmicks. When you learn those, he suddenly becomes quite sad to watch.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
D3 is his only terrible mu, and he's rare and most likely moving down anyway.

Coney

Smash Master
i wonder how much higher he'd be with the stupid infinite banned, without it it's really just like a 6-4 mu

mk is pretty bad for him too though, from what i hear

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^Tell that to Will, Dr. Grandpa, Ripple, and the other 15 DK's who place good.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
^^^Tell that to Will, Dr. Grandpa, Ripple, and the other 15 DK's who place good.
i actually have told will in person that DK is easy to fight once someone learns the characters gimmicks, just not many people fight DK enough to know how to fight them, i've fought 4 good DKs in the past 6 months (will, DR. G, Cable, and Bum. BTW, bum was a top player in NY, IIRC #1 on PR until he quit) and know the character very well, but the funny thing is, i don't even try to abuse his flaws, i just know how to not to get gimmicked and because of that, the character is easy

also, there aren't 15 DKs that place, there are 5 or so, will, DR. G, Ripple, OOK (i believe he still plays), and cable

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol at me placing "well" I'm the worst of the good DKs.

and DK isn't a gimmick character.

he's pretty much a punish only type of character like zelda. he shouldn't be approaching, but he can at least do it

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol at me placing "well" I'm the worst of the good DKs.

and DK isn't a gimmick character.

he's pretty much a punish only type of character like zelda. he shouldn't be approaching, but he can at least do it
No, hes a character that can punish very well, but his best attribute by far is his pressure game, its impossible to adequately camp DK for long because he is so big and has such a long reach that he will get in, his destroys shields easily, and covers many options, but still, those aspects of him stem from gimmicks and the fact that most players fear his power. All his options are unsafe and punishable.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
its not a gimmick if people actually should fear his power.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
its not a gimmick if people actually should fear his power.
Nononononono

Let me quote the wise words of a sane man:

if you fear him then you will lose

respect is better.

respect the fact that DK can and will if you give him the chance **** you up. but if you give any character fear, then they will take advantage of it and just punish you over and over
:052:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
But why should they? all his attacks have noticeable startup time, are laggy, are telegraphed based on spacing, and can generally be beaten out by just using fast attacks, they only thing to keep in mind about DK is, he can destroy a player for using shield, roll, ect. and for approaching with something unsafe. Hes like ganon except he trades even more seemingly "scary" power for some speed and range. The only viable characters that should fear him are snake, because he isn't mobile or fast enough to abuse DK's lack of speed, and lucario, because a good DK won't let lucario live long enough to become a powerhouse, mainly due to how DK gimps lucario exceptionally well and outspaces lucario, whom, without his spacing game, is not a hard to fight character.

edit: i like Yaaay's qoute, respect the power, but never fear it

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
those fast attacks that can beat out DK's slow moves can just be eaten with SA.

that's why people should "respect" his power. he can get it even if you're throwing out safe moves

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
DI>SA, just DI up and towards the middle of DK, then you will be in a perfect position to punish him before he has time to move (unless your mk and have like 120% or more damage). Hitting DK before the SA frames start is also a viable option, because the up-b has some startup time, and most attacks come out before the SA. Third option, don't be so close to DK you can get hit by up-b right away, just space outside of DK's up-b range (which most characters will do anyway) so you can react to the UP-b and move away from it.

Up-B is one of his many gimmicks that players still don't understand how to nullify (i don't expect many players to realize this either)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DI>SA, just DI up and towards the middle of DK, then you will be in a perfect position to punish him before he has time to move (unless your mk and have like 120% or more damage). Hitting DK before the SA frames start is also a viable option, because the up-b has some startup time, and most attacks come out before the SA. Third option, don't be so close to DK you can get hit by up-b right away, just space outside of DK's up-b range (which most characters will do anyway) so you can react to the UP-b and move away from it.

Up-B is one of his many gimmicks that players still don't understand how to nullify (i don't expect many players to realize this either)
the only way you will ever beat UP-b is to either predict that he is going to use it or hit him after it.

you can not hit him by reacting to it.

the SA comes out frame 10. that means you have to react to DK pressing up-b and not the actual animation change.

assuming you want to jab which is, I'll assume a frame 4 move. you have 4 frames to react ( 1 frame of input lag and frame 10 will have SA) to DK pressing up-b.

and DK's don't constantly use it like you make it seem, you stay out of f-tilts range, no up-b range.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
the only way you will ever beat UP-b is to either predict that he is going to use it or hit him after it.

you can not hit him by reacting to it.

the SA comes out frame 10. that means you have to react to DK pressing up-b and not the actual animation change.

assuming you want to jab which is, I'll assume a frame 4 move. you have 4 frames to react ( 1 frame of input lag and frame 10 will have SA) to DK pressing up-b.

and DK's don't constantly use it like you make it seem, you stay out of f-tilts range, no up-b range.

i can also throw a well-timed and placed purple pikmin side B to cancel out the up-b (im serious about this, purple pikmin side-b has clanked with his invincibility frames of upb) :trollface:

i never said you had to react to the up-b to hit him beforehand, just by throwing out attacks its quite easy to beat, and honestly, the spacing DK has to be in to want to use up-b is predictable, its not something used a lot, but its something easy to see coming beforehand or just accidentally stop with an attack

E

emo dabuz

I thought DK has a good match-up vs Marth, or am I wrong? /Doesn't know DK's match-ups.
oh yeah, im pretty sure your right about that, but, idk when any good DKs have fought a good marth, so that could be inaccurate, even so, it doesn't seem hard for marth, its just a MU most marth players have never played

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didn't Ook destroy Mikehaze so badly Dk vs Marth that he was forced to attempt to use DDD on Green Greens to even make it a close match?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
In other, completely random
Not me wanting to brag about my character or anything like that. >_> <_<
news:

Ryo (Ike) nearly 3-stocked CO 18 in tournament (A 35-65 MU from Ike's point of view). Got 4th overall. Vids will be up soon hopefully.

/shuts up anyone who says only San gets good results for Ike.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well how about that. :/

Congrats to X and Mars though.

Also is it just me or is Wolf becoming more popular recently?
Mars is the best sheik of all time I swear. He even took at least one game off X and beat or 3rd best PR'd player o.o Mars is too legit.

And Wolf is just awesome and should move up slightly as he is currently very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom