• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How the hell did this thread get 75 pages in 21 hours?
Do not underestimate the public. We have a BBR that makes rules forgets about past tournies and just does what they want. They kinda like the US government shoving **** down peoples throat that no one wants. Are these rules and this other non sense is so unnecessary.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Do not underestimate the public. We have a BBR that makes rules forgets about past tournies and just does what they want. They kinda like the US government shoving **** down peoples throat that no one wants. Are these rules and this other non sense is so unnecessary.
Why anyone is arguing against this now is beyond me. It's not like anyone's going to adopt this ruleset.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
There's no beating around the bush. In the most dire of circumstances, it is acceptable to ban something, so long as it is isolatable and concise, with no gray area or subjectivity.
Which is why it took me at least five times bringing it up over the span of over half this thread for it to be addressed. Not to mention your response literally addressed none of my points.

OH MY GOSH I FORGOT NIDOKING

:034:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Honestly I think everyone should just say **** the BBR and don't even follow their recommended rules. It's getting out of hand and when their responses are just to mock other players then why should we even bother with their non sense?

A lot of delicious tears.
perfect example. Stay Classy BBR.

Why anyone is arguing against this now is beyond me. It's not like anyone's going to adopt this ruleset.
Because bad regions like the MW(ohio and prob NC) will adopt this.

Steam

Smash Hero
It has been acknowledged, it doesn't break anything. It's not hard to avoid the slope on Distant Planet in the slightest. If you are getting grabbed UP the slope, it's your own fault.

YI:M is worse in my opinion, I didn't vote in favor of it and I don't like it. It's still not a huge ordeal though; you can stay on the left side and not get killed, even from a CG>F-throw, until like 100%+ or so with DI.
this would be reasonable if D3 didn't have other tools. if D3 has the lead on pipes he can just wait in the middle and absolutely force an approach from anyone without a projectile affected by gravity.

@Clowsui- I'll let you know when one is made. but Atomsk brought it up earlier.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Which is why it took me at least five times bringing it up over the span of over half this thread for it to be addressed. Not to mention your response literally addressed none of my points.

LOL

Get used to it, Burg. So far, every BBR member I've addressed or been addressed by has either omitted all my points and brought in their own, or they simply refuse to capitulate and make fools of themselves.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The issue of stock count/percent is

borrowed from the standard of other fighting games in the case of a time out, in which the player with more health wins.

It's a standard we have borrowed as it works/fulfils it's purpose.

It has been deemed sudden death is mostly anti-competitive, so this solution is the best one to it.

Crow!

Smash Lord
@ the off stage chaingrab: a 0-to-death is not necessarily broken; the ICs have plenty, for instance, and they're not even S tier.

@the timer: Yes, it is arbitrary, but unfortunately the game's default sudden death system is utterly broken and cannot be used in a serious competitive game. Anyone who can come up with an alternative which also un-breaks the game and manages not to be arbitrary at all should speak up.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If I had to guess I would say that someone wins with a percent lead because doing the restart procedure is a bit of a waste of time. If someone has the lead, they were probably outplaying their opponent when time ran out. Plus, sets might theoretically never end, if a person is committed to camping or planking enough.

borrowed from the standard of other fighting games in the case of a time out, in which the player with more health wins.

It has been deemed sudden death is mostly anti-competitive, so this solution is the best one to it.
also, this.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

There are a lot of posts here, we are answering as many as possible. We do not get paid for this.

My post addressed your points perfectly.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Honestly I think everyone should just say **** the BBR and don't even follow their recommended rules.
Great, exactly what we want. :)
You using your own brain to decide upon what rules to use, that is.

It's getting out of hand and when their responses are just to mock other players then why should we even bother with their non sense?
Hardly anybody posted anything in order to mock other players; there have been a ****load people who weren't particularly objective in their wording, but you don't see people pointing at them because they don't have a purple name. Hypocrisy much?

perfect example. Stay Classy BBR.
Wow, I made a sarcastic remark. We're all such awful jerks, no, really!
So insulting BBR members constantly and dropping f-bombs is okay, but BBR members shooting back once in a while is not allowed. Good to know.

Not to mention - the whole baww-ing in this thread IS kinda amusing to me. If it wasn't so sad.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

So then why have a rule that says all sudden death matches should be played with 1 stock and 3 minutes?

Steam

Smash Hero

but we're trying to create a ruleset for competetive smash. not competetive street fighter

plus it buffs campy characters unnececarily and unneccecarily nerfs characters with quick moves that kill at 300%.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So then why have a rule that says all sudden death matches should be played with 1 stock and 3 minutes?
This only occurs in the case of a non-time out however. OR IF STOCK AND PERCENT WERE TIED.

but we're trying to create a ruleset for competetive smash. not competetive street fighter

plus it buffs campy characters unnececarily and unneccecarily nerfs characters with quick moves that kill at 300%.
sudden death is rarely (never) played out. According to this rule set I don't think it is at all, ever.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Great, exactly what we want. :)
You using your own brain to decide upon what rules to use, that is.

Hardly anybody posted anything in order to mock other players; there have been a ****load people who weren't particularly objective in their wording, but you don't see people pointing at them because they don't have a purple name. Hypocrisy much?

Wow, I made a sarcastic remark. We're all such awful jerks, no, really!
So insulting BBR members constantly and dropping f-bombs is okay, but BBR members shooting back once in a while is not allowed. Good to know.
This whole post is you trying to mock me.... whatever man. Your rules are **** BBR has out lived it's usefulness to the community. Stop trying to mock people and come up with lame rules and actually do things to support the community. Incase you guys don't know where to start I'll help you.

http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/brawl.html

those are the rules for apex that's a great starting point.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
There are a lot of posts here, we are answering as many as possible. We do not get paid for this.

My post addressed your points perfectly.
But it didn't. You gave an overview of the principles used to mandate ban criteria, not how or why the given example was isolatable and non-subjective.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I WILL!
A lot of delicious tears.
LOL!

actually he did address most, if not all, of your points. Its just that he didnt answer them on the specific level that you wanted. You probably wanted a clear explicit answer to the one situation that you brought up. Where as MMM gave you a conceptual answer that, on a base level, applies to most, if not all, questions that could be brought up in a similar vein.

It may or may not have been over your head, or you may have jsut not read into it enough to find the answer to your specific question. but its definitely in there.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't know why no one has mentioned that without the end-game percent lead rule, a campy player (or an MK player) could stall a set indefinitely, even when they are at a health disadvantage every match.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
He was infracted for multiposting (okay) and trolling (wait, what)?
...if that's really how "short the leash is" suspect that most of the posts in this thread have been given infractions, including this post and yours.
I am somewhat skeptical that this has happened. Also I'm going to laugh if I'm putting my foot in my mouth here

/disappointed because I was enjoying the elusive beast that is the thoughtful, on-topic post :(

Steam

Smash Hero
sudden death is rarely (never) played out. According to this rule set I don't think it is at all, ever.
yes but it's inconsistant to overrule the victory screen's (or lack thereof) judgement in a match in this situation but trust it when concerning suicide finishes.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Do you mean why not have a rule?

If that's the case then it's because sets have to end some time.
Did you read the rules? Or you just posting?

This only occurs in the case of a non-time out however. OR IF STOCK AND PERCENT WERE TIED.

I don't disagree with the fact that sudden death shouldn't be played out. However, if we're taking into consideration the game decides the winner and if the game goes to sudden death it will be a 1 stock 3 rule match then why take percentage into account on the last stock ? When it goes to sudden death.

Basically what I'm getting at is you're having a set of rules for one situation yet when the same situation occurs you change the rules. That's the problem that people are having. Which you guys don't seem to grasp and still can't explain why the rules are set up that way.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
yes but it's inconsistant to overrule the victory screen's (or lack thereof) judgement in a match in this situation but trust it when concerning suicide finishes.
It is, but in this case they have to, because sets have to end.

I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp. Yes, the end point is arbitrary but because of the way the game is designed, it almost has to be.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I WILL!

LOL!

actually he did address most, if not all, of your points. Its just that he didnt answer them on the specific level that you wanted. You probably wanted a clear explicit answer to the one situation that you brought up. Where as MMM gave you a conceptual answer that, on a base level, applies to most, if not all, questions that could be brought up in a similar vein.

It may or may not have been over your head, or you may have jsut not read into it enough to find the answer to your specific question. but its definitely in there.
But his question required specificity, not ambiguity. Ambiguity screams "selectivity".

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
TBH the only problem I have with this stage list is Luigi's Mansion and Distant Planet being moved to CP instead of CP/Banned.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
I am really loving the stage list! Also most people don't seem to understand this stage list won't buff MK for any best of 3 sets because his 2 best CP's (Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise) are already there. This list might slightly buff him in best of 5+ sets, but it also buffs other characters negating the buffs MK himself gets.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I would like someone to give me some type of reasoning as to why Port Town Aero Dive is allowed but

Spear Pillar
Summit
Corneria
and Hanenbow

are not allowed.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have no answered the question maybe three times. Sets have to end, so they found a good end point that makes sense and emulates other fighting games, which is about the best you can expect them to do. The victory screen is not respected in this case because it cannot be.

@Afro
All of those stages except Corneria have a strategy that is probably unbeatable (cave of immortality, or camping issues similar to that of NPC and 75m) except Corneria which should probably not be banned.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I would like someone to give me some type of reasoning as to why Port Town Aero Dive is allowed but

Spear Pillar
Summit
Corneria
and Hanenbow

are not allowed.]
Grab a number. They're still not done (they haven't even started really) explaining the hypocrisy in the results screen rulings.

I have no answered the question maybe three times. Sets have to end, so they found a good end point that makes sense and emulates other fighting games, which is about the best you can expect them to do. The victory screen is not respected in this case because it cannot be.
But why should we take from those fighters? They depend solely on health, such that the person with more HP at the end of a time out IS obviously the better player and would more than likely win. But in smash, where the game depends on KOing the opponent off the side, top, or bottom, percent health doesn't mean quite the same thing. Maybe DDD is at 100%, and MK or Falco is at 75%, but the latter is much closer to being KOed than the DDD.

So why reward the campy characters unnecessarily? Just go to the 1 stock 3 min tiebreaker. OR, bring back the suicide rule.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Grab a number. They're still not done (they haven't even started really) explaining the hypocrisy in the results screen rulings.

Actually, you're just dumb. All of those stages can be logically explained except maybe Corneria. I remember they banned it and I didn't agree with the reasoning but I can't remember what it was.

AND I have answered your question multiple times. Can you read? Or do you need a purple name?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Spear Pillar
Summit
Corneria
and Hanenbow

are not allowed.
Because a number of BBR members don't like those stages and some pedantic and ridiculous discrepancy, such as the color of Summit's background, make them nonviable in competitive play.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Actually, you're just dumb. All of those stages can be logically explained except maybe Corneria. I remember they banned it and I didn't agree with the reasoning but I can't remember what it was.

AND I have answered your question multiple times. Can you read? Or do you need a purple name?
Actually, you're just too opinionated and passive to realize the error of the BBR's reasoning. Also, way to go telling him he can't read when he wasn't even talking about stages.

Steam

Smash Hero

@Afro
All of those stages except Corneria have a strategy that is probably unbeatable (cave of immortality, or camping issues similar to that of NPC and 75m) except Corneria which should probably not be banned.
so you're saying MK without a ledge grab limit and properly abusing it is beatable?

or that D3 vs. a CG-able character is beatable on the 2-3 CPs he has with constant opportunities for wall infinites or walkoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom