• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Man, +1 post count. AA is doing work, lol.

Otherwise, yes. Testing needs to be done. I'll be doing my part to test, maybe some people at APEX can record serious friendlies (lol, oxymoron), money matches, or if pride/stagelists allow tournament sets of themselves playing on the stages against tournament-level competition there and have something solid for us to use.

The more you know.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The fact that there's a rule that specifically limits only one character, is really stupid.
Exactly, so make the rule for all characters.. or extend it?

Just because MK's planking is the only one unbeatable frame-wise, doesn't mean certain characters don't have an extremely difficult time stopping others from planking. Pit, Marth, GnW, and Plankus are all examples of excellent plankers, as if MK's ledge ability
wasn't an extremity in itself.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This isn't about low tier characters. I used CF as an example because he's the character I know best. It's about "gay" stages that should not be legal because they **** over certain characters. I'll use examples of "viable" characters to please you:

Game 1: MK vs Olimar, Olimar wins.
Game 2: Olimar bans PTAD, MK can now choose RC which would have been banned before and MK gets a free win, yes it is a free win.

I'd type more but I've been through this argument a million times already and it's getting old.
MK makes a lot of characters nonviable, but with pipes legal at least he's got a shot at winning game 3.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't see what's wrong with items. It's your fault if you get hit by them, and items are a core physic to the game.
You just lost all credibility as a sensible person.

"I should have totally dodged that landmaster, mah d00."

Crow!

Smash Lord
The fundamental problem with using all items on is the same as the problem with Wario Ware: the randomness provided is big enough to throw the match one way or the other much too frequently. Particularly notable culprits are explosive items spawning on top of you after you've committed to an attack, or an item activated by simply touching it spawning too close to one player in comparison to the other.

This can be solved either by hacking (cause all items to spawn at the center of the stage a notable distance in the air), or by generating a complicated ruleset indicating which items can be on and off at which times (such as Item Standard Play by Jack Kieser, link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675).

Either solution works, but neither solution is really true to the game or popular, so generally, the common solution which I (and I supsect everyone else in the BBR) see no reason to change is to turn them all off.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You just lost all credibility as a sensible person.

"I should have totally dodged that landmaster, mah d00."
I have to agree with the guy that said pokeballs, smashballs, and assist trophies are ridiculous. Besides that, it's your fault.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I have to agree with the guy that said pokeballs, smashballs, and assist trophies are ridiculous. Besides that, it's your fault.
They aren't the only items that are unfit for competition; they're just the first three that come to mind.

Bobombs are too powerful of hazards to be allowed, especially considering the chance that, yes, they can spawn over you unexpectedly.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Why this become a item discussion!? inb4jackkaiserstarthisitemdebates
Funny you should say that... I already linked to the big thread by Jack Kieser (not kaiser, lol) a few posts ago.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom