• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
One of Kirin's latest "big wins" that I remember was vs Chibo at KTAR4. Even if it doesn't seem like a big deal, Link vs R.O.B. Seems to be pretty damn bad.

I say "seems to be" because I don't play Link and can't say for sure. But it seems kinda easy for ROB.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One of Kirin's latest "big wins" that I remember was vs Chibo at KTAR4. Even if it doesn't seem like a big deal, Link vs R.O.B. Seems to be pretty damn bad.

I say "seems to be" because I don't play Link and can't say for sure. But it seems kinda easy for ROB.
I doubt that it's easy for ROB.

Edit: Beating a competent ROB with Link is still a remarkable achievement. Probably the best one I've heard yet.

Legan has no alts. He goes all Link always Ghebby.
He's been using ZSS, Marth and MK. Gotta check them results out before making statements yo.

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
izaw is always worshipped by the 'noobs' and mocked by the 'pros'.
***** please, just realize izaw's pretty good and deff up there somewhere for best link.

oh and i hate smashkng's comment

Uffe

Smash Hero
The way I see it:

:ness2:
-3: :marth: :dedede:
-2: :metaknight: :snake: :falco: :popo: :gw: :toonlink: :peach: :dk2: :sheik: :pt:
-1: :diddy: :wario: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :rob: :pit: :wolf: :ike: :mario2:
0: :olimar: :pikachu2: :fox: :kirby2: :luigi2: :yoshi2: :sonic: :falcon:
1: :lucas: :bowser2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda:
2: :ganondorf:

I'm not really sure about Ike, though. I used to be able to manhandle them, but then things changed, so I'm not sure about that one anymore. Shelda shouldn't really be put up there since the match-up varies on whichever character the person is using. And what about Peach? Is it because the bair trap or what?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I just wanna say Mk v Wario has always been even or -1 in my opinion. Anything less than -1 is just pushing it.

And Peach... I just lol at Peach... Peach I feel the same way, but jesus somehow she slipped through into -2 tier... I've not faced a Peach in bracket that can take me yet, but really I only have Nicole and KB to show for that currently. I garuntee you I'm not pushover. I will make you lose a game if not a set if you face me with that !@#$%. No warios use the bike like I do in that particular matchup. No !@#$ talk, seriously, I wanna MM some more peaches to show how I play the matchup.

Also, I think I played someone at MLG Dallas that mains Peach. I'm not for sure. It wasn't Illmatic of course, but maybe...Llod? I think??? I could be wrong. It was a friendly though. I may be completely wrong.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

I just wanna say Mk v Wario has always been even or -1 in my opinion. Anything less than -1 is just pushing it.

And Peach... I just lol at Peach... Peach I feel the same way, but jesus somehow she slipped through into -2 tier... I've not faced a Peach in bracket that can take me yet, but really I only have Nicole and KB to show for that currently. I garuntee you I'm not pushover. I will make you lose a game if not a set if you face me with that !@#$%. No warios use the bike like I do in that particular matchup. No !@#$ talk, seriously, I wanna MM some more peaches to show how I play the matchup.

Also, I think I played someone at MLG Dallas that mains Peach. I'm not for sure. It wasn't Illmatic of course, but maybe...Llod? I think??? I could be wrong. It was a friendly though. I may be completely wrong.
Llod is from Virginia so no...You're completely wrong lmao. Also, I think Reflex thoroughly covers the reason that Mk vs Wario is as bad as listed. Dmg also stated why.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK vs Wario is indeed at least -1. I would have it as -2 but there's no way people would agree on that.

I also think Wario vs Peach is in her favor by a comfortable amount. I don't even bother using Wario against Peach players, usually going Marth instead.

Suspect

Smash Hero

I agree with the mk/wario statement, even tho I'm known to have much different opinions than others lol. I still think marth is better vs wario than mk personally...at least I rather play against a mk if I was using wario

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd rather play a bad MK than a decent Marth, but I'd rather play Mikehaze every day than Dojo/Tyrant/M2K/etc

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
What? All the best Links are from Europe? Who? Izaw? The guy who only posts up matches Link can win against? I never see him vs high tiers like D3, Snake, Diddy, or Mk. Yet, we have Legan and Kirinblaze playing some hard *** bull**** matchups and prove themselves in tourney.

You always say things never backed up by anything and without thinking everytime lmao.
i was refering to mr. r. a person who is acknowledged as one of the best players on the planet. not backed up my ***. legan and kirinblaze are really great, but mr. r is one the best players in ALL of EUROPE, top 10 power ranked. the others are not among top 10. how is that not backed up? and no, izaw is irrelevent imo.

also they have afrotwist*insert flavor here*pie (i know he changed it i just don't remember to what) who is definately one of the better links around

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
On my Orion Swag.

Umm, yeah, any Uair where you are close enough that the Footstool won't end before you touch the ground. Yes, It's more scary when it's random, but if you aren't perfectly SDiing the Uair out of Dthrow, you are bad. Very bad. It's like not SDIing Falco's Dair out of chaingrab when he is putting you offstage, or Marths GR Dair on MK.

Also, have you ever even played a Pikachu? Lol my practice partner and doubles teammate for the entirety of brawl is a piachu
Youd be surprised how many people still dont sdi my falcos CG dairs.

also, my practice/traveling partner since brawl came out is a pika main too lol.

I think that Smasher from Japan has the best Link overall.
Wooow really? Is that so...

I do agree with your core message though: *If* there is somebody who plays Link at top level in the USA and *if* there is somebody who plays Yoshi at top level in the USA and if they have played the match-up against each other numerous times only then you can rightfully claim to have a solid basis for your match-up. Throwing out statements like "Yoshi beats Link +2 because of XY" means nothing out of the mouth of a Yoshi player who possibly doesn't even know what a really well played Link looks like.
By this line of logic, that means youre EVEN LESS qualified to have an opinion on this particular matchup since you dont play either character, much less at high level. So I dont really know how you feel you have a leg to stand on saying that somebody elses impression of a matchup is wrong when he at least plays 1 of said cahracters at a high level. Like what knowledge or experience are you even basing that on?

Legan has no alts. He goes all Link always Ghebby.
its funny how you just were talking to maharba about thinking and knowing what your talking about before you speak.
Who wouldn't want to play mikehaze?
this.
i was refering to mr. r. a person who is acknowledged as one of the best players on the planet. not backed up my ***. legan and kirinblaze are really great, but mr. r is one the best players in ALL of EUROPE, top 10 power ranked. the others are not among top 10. how is that not backed up? and no, izaw is irrelevent imo.

also they have afrotwist*insert flavor here*pie (i know he changed it i just don't remember to what) who is definately one of the better links around
how good mr. r as player is isnt really relavent here. weve already seen that his zss isnt super duper amazing. and as another, worse character that he doesnt main, I fail to see why his link would be any different.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Maharba why are you bringing up Mr. R being ranked 10th when we're talking about Link.
He uses Marth in tourney........

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Youd be surprised how many people still dont sdi my falcos CG dairs.

also, my practice/traveling partner since brawl came out is a pika main too lol.
Lol, it does surprise me that people don't do this. It's not like you aren't expecting it, you know what is going to hit you and when, so there is like no excuse to fail to DI it as well as possible.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Maharba why are you bringing up Mr. R being ranked 10th when we're talking about Link.
He uses Marth in tourney........
it shows that just as a player overall he is more skilled no matter who he uses at just the game brawl itself. yes there may be american links who are better with that one character, but Mr. R is a better player as a whole statistically. that's all im saying.

anyways this MU chart thread has turned into pointless discussion, and im guilty of contributing. what happened to like half of the actual MU discussions going on here before you all started talking pokgaymon? yoshi and link don't matter, what matters is that MK has 3 even match ups and a **** ton of incorrect ratios according to people who play those characters. talk about MKs under-rating their character for looks and include CPs as part of the match up. he does not have even match ups.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Whaa...if you are talking about Link and then you bring up a random good player and you know there are better link players...what...I don't even..were you just flaunting his name because you could?

Scatz

Smash Champion
LMAO! I can't believe the discussion got to Yoshi vs Link for like a few pages. That matchup occurs less than the amount of ****ing Bowser mains.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Llod is from Virginia so no...You're completely wrong lmao. Also, I think Reflex thoroughly covers the reason that Mk vs Wario is as bad as listed. Dmg also stated why.
Reflex isn't the know all be all to a character he didn't main for the longest time.

And DMG has said it can -1. There was some inactivity as far as the Wario panel goes, and the last three left (me and two others) had different ratings. The system was like, who thought it was -1 or -2 or in between, and that was our last minute system due to the entire MK panel believing it to be -1 if I remember correctly.

Course, everyone seems to be wanting to throw the MK mains' opinion out the window because of bias... I mean come on, that would mean everyone should have some bias, and it's impossible to not have some with this type of project.

I'm not in belief that the matchup is -2 for Wario, and have yet done a match that makes me think that. -1 is perfectly reasonable. I've never felt like my options were so limited that I can't do anything. Wario's bike makes a huge impact on this matchup. The only problem I could forsee is that the opponent knows how to use the bike better than you do, which is a problem for diddy mains as well with bananas; don't let them control your bike and tires so much, and you'll be fine.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
people really need to ignore izaws fanbase and just look at him as any other player.
cause when u do that you will see that hes actually really good >.>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bike is bad against MK imo. What would you be using it for? Even using it for tires isn't that strong. I mean I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but I don't think Bike/Tires revolutionize that MU or lean it towards being "not that bad" for Wario. I find other traits of his much more likely to even things out, like being a fat sack of **** or having a lot of kill power.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
it shows that just as a player overall he is more skilled no matter who he uses at just the game brawl itself. yes there may be american links who are better with that one character, but Mr. R is a better player as a whole statistically. that's all im saying.

anyways this MU chart thread has turned into pointless discussion, and im guilty of contributing. what happened to like half of the actual MU discussions going on here before you all started talking pokgaymon? yoshi and link don't matter, what matters is that MK has 3 even match ups and a **** ton of incorrect ratios according to people who play those characters. talk about MKs under-rating their character for looks and include CPs as part of the match up. he does not have even match ups.
By this logic, Adhd could be the best Jigglypuff just because he picks her. That's horrible logic.

Lemme see...Coney is the best D3 statistically/theoretically/arithmetically/geometrically/spiritually/harmoniously and by DEFAULT THE BEST NESS.
Whaa...if you are talking about Link and then you bring up a random good player and you know there are better link players...what...I don't even..were you just flaunting his name because you could?
^^^^^^

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah Legan hardly ever plays link lol. He lives like 5 minutes away from me.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's not like Gheb just claimed Mr.Rs Link to be amazing without any "proof".
He ***** almost every low tier event in europe and even used Link in singles in the past (once against Kaos on Brinstar lol loong ago).
His Link is really amazing.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
thanks yika <3
i also used link against orion on brinstar once XD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
We aren't taking credit away from Mr. R of course you are a great player, but what players have you beaten with link outside of LT tournies?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Bike is bad against MK imo. What would you be using it for? Even using it for tires isn't that strong. I mean I don't want to sound like a negative nancy, but I don't think Bike/Tires revolutionize that MU or lean it towards being "not that bad" for Wario. I find other traits of his much more likely to even things out, like being a fat sack of **** or having a lot of kill power.
You just described Dedede, and look how he fares :troll:

Seriously, the bike is not bad, I don't know where you get that from. An active hitbox that bounces clear across the stage (if not FD), and even then it can still be used as an effective trap. You also have tire combos and traps that essentially lead into easier reads and kills.

Let's face it. This mindset is what is setting Warios back (plus the fact Dedede is a greedy *******). It's not like I'm asking Warios to learn to arrow loop with Pit or something of that equivalent. The bike truly has an effectual link to every matchup, like it or not, and if you're not using it well enough or at all, you're behind.

Bike makes Peach matchup look like baking cake, seriously...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Throwing out statements like "Yoshi beats Link +2 because of XY" means nothing out of the mouth of a Yoshi player who possibly doesn't even know what a really well played Link looks like.
The same could be said for the other side, though. That said, I wish there was an easy way for me to play the best Links outside the US so that there won't be any problem.

What I want to know from you is why Yoshi doesn't have a +2 over Link.

(Incidentally, I've played against Kirin, Deva, and ALSM before, so it's not like I don't ever play against Link.)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm on Polt's side here. I would have trouble speaking about the Yoshi MU in the US if I have never played Polt before, for instance.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
San's a popular name.

One website had a name changer if a name was used and gave me san37. Made and used an alt account named san3711 later on and just put the 3711 afterwards if san is used up.

I also can't make up my mind between all caps or all lowercase because I interchange the two. All CAPS in single player games, lower case online/on forums.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Interesting.

Why don't you just put "san." like "Illmatic." with a period at the end? Is that currently taken?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Fart is so gayyy :urg:

thanks yika <3
i also used link against orion on brinstar once XD
wow really...? XD

btw I cant namesearch since they changed the skin its really annoying

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just pmed an admin for a name change anyways. It never really bothers me, because I'm used to the name san being used up. Never really thought about using periods or symbols much.

@Orion: You lost to Mr. R's Link on Brinstar?
The revolution skin doesn't let you name search either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom