• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I actually like Tai's list alot. Hopefully the other panels can agree...

As for honorable mention. I haven't done anything lol, so def not me... Uhh prolly Angel imo, but it's because he "seems" the most consistent in his 7th"ish" area placing(s) I've not too much knowledge on the last tourneys etc...

Another random thing how many honorable mentions should there be?

Corigames

Smash Hero
As many as there are honored people?

Not sure what I actually do to get considered for it bearing in mind that I barely ever break into top 10, but I'll take it if it's being given to me.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I actually like Tai's list alot. Hopefully the other panels can agree...

As for honorable mention. I haven't done anything lol, so def not me... Uhh prolly Angel imo, but it's because he "seems" the most consistent in his 7th"ish" area placing(s) I've not too much knowledge on the last tourneys etc...

Another random thing how many honorable mentions should there be?
well, taj really won't care

the only other person who needs to agree is kyle

i don't really know about honorable mentions

it's just people that stand out but didn't have enough results to make the top 10

i just threw it together without much consideration

cuz i remember people were pushing for a top 15

and i was utterly repulsed by that idea

so honorable mentions were a nice compromise, i suppose

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I agree wtih Tai's list. Let's update it after NYTE

If I do better than Tai, I want 5th :p

Also, we should add Max to the HR because he's been getting better and is super kewl

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

if we wait until after NYTE, we're gonna have so many more difficult decisions to make LOL

this is the closest we've ever been to being able to make up our minds on a PR

Corigames

Smash Hero
I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE BROUGHT FORTH BY YOU!
My grapple is the one to extend beyond the game, grasp tomorrow, and bring it screaming towards me. Do you know who the **** I am?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'd switch Tony and Chris but other than that, the list is pretty much right I'd say.

Though I also don't know if there's much point in even putting Chris or Jackie if they're going to stop playing(IF I guess), but Chris never really went to anything over the past year until recently and I think it's because he had some rare time off and people convinced him to go. I don't think he has motivation for the game enough anymore to be considered where there are other people who work just as hard to want to be on the list, even though Chris is really really good.

Though I guess if no one cares and wants that list then that works too lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol I don't agree with switching Tony and Chris.

Chris and Jackie have been somewhat active these last couple tourneys, so I say we keep them on and remove them after the next update when they stop showing up to tournaments.

AZ is STACKED

:peach:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Elvis, you are whatever you want to be. It doesn't matter what they say. Your soul is your misfire. Even if the probability of you being the n00bgate was 0%, you'd still explode in their face and take the glory of that title for yourself.

Edit:
I think if you are going to have Chris and Jackie on there, you should put Forward on for his performance a couple months ago for the same reasons. Because AZ aint stacked enough.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
One time isn't enough to warrant a placing, although Forward is beast and would definitely be in the Top 10 :p

Jackie and Chris have been active within the last three tournaments, so I'd say hellz yeah to them being on our PR <3

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Lol I don't agree with switching Tony and Chris.

Chris and Jackie have been somewhat active these last couple tourneys, so I say we keep them on and remove them after the next update when they stop showing up to tournaments.

AZ is STACKED

:peach:
There's nothing to disprove Tony being better than Chris. Chris has beaten him most times they played in the past. Tony being bad at the Falcon MU(?) and Chris being really good vs Marth gives reason to believe Chris would beat him too. Also, even though Tai was being sarcastic as **** with his reason for Tony at 3rd, it just kinda shows what I'm talking about here.

Chris went to what...two tournaments of the last....6-7? That's active? If that's active then me going to one should count for the 6-7 that have been held and I should obviously be on there as an "honorable mention".

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
There's nothing to disprove Tony being better than Chris. Chris has beaten him most times they played in the past. Tony being bad at the Falcon MU(?) and Chris being really good vs Marth gives reason to believe Chris would beat him too. Also, even though Tai was being sarcastic as **** with his reason for Tony at 3rd, it just kinda shows what I'm talking about here.

Chris went to what...two tournaments of the last....6-7? That's active? If that's active then me going to one should count for the 6-7 that have been held and I should obviously be on there as an "honorable mention".
I actually beat Chris more times in tournament. Even though I'm bad at the MU and Chris is an incredible player, I technically still one up him in both performance and head to head matches. But in all likelihood, he's probably better than me right now and I rather not be on the PR anymore. I mean, I don't care if I'm on the PR or not; I'm happy just hosting tourneys, playing friendlies, and commentating. I'm likely not going to enter unless I wanna be like the W33D Dragon and rock that Samus/Link.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wobbles - 1836
Taj - 1792
Axe - 1788
GamerGuitarist7 - 1689
Forward - 1666
Silly Kyle - 1583
LIGHT - 1561
TAI - 1538
OkamiBW - 1494
Rubyiris - 1455

:denzel:

ay elvis, make sure you upload NYTE's .tio file to the SSBPD!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I actually beat Chris more times in tournament. Even though I'm bad at the MU and Chris is an incredible player, I technically still one up him in both performance and head to head matches. But in all likelihood, he's probably better than me right now and I rather not be on the PR anymore. I mean, I don't care if I'm on the PR or not; I'm happy just hosting tourneys, playing friendlies, and commentating. I'm likely not going to enter unless I wanna be like the W33D Dragon and rock that Samus/Link.
Ah okay. I didn't remember how many sets you guys played and such. It doesn't matter a whole lot I just figure if they are going to add you guys that I think it should be accurate even though your performances speak a little better than Chris's for sure. I don't really think you, chris or jackie should be on the PR of right now myself *shrug*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm likely going to quit smash unless some things can be addressed.

Kyle, and okami: I've tried to make it known several times in the past how much I take this game seriously, and how much I need to play with you guys, but neither of you have been receptive. Kyle, you've said several tikes over the past year that we need to play more often, and you constantly act as though you're this superior player with more game/tournament knowledge than me, yet you either outright not show up to weekly fests, or you focus 100% of your time on brawl for the hour that you're at the university. Instead of being a fake little *****, it would be a lot easier to say "I don't like you/don't want to play with you" instead of getting me excited for nothing.

Okami: I don't system anything, but I get pissed off when you cop out to your mediocre secondaries, or just outright don't take things seriously. Because Kyle is an obnoxious flake, and the rest of Tucson isn't quite advanced enough to help me practice the things I need to practice, you're oftener the only meaningful practice I get in Arizona, and That isn't saying much, since I rarely get anything out of our sessions outside of the rare occurance you do decide to play seriously and camp me.

Also I don't really plan on being nice right now. I see no reason why I should.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Couple of things to ask you guys:
-My birthday is on June 30th, a Saturday this year. How does a Melee tournament sound for that day if I don't make other plans to do something first?

-Phoenix, are we getting weeklies yet? We should. I know we have Coty's place with electrical problems, but, until that's fixed, I would not have a problem with hosting them. I know that Tucson stopped at my place after one of the Gilbert tournies and got 3 set-ups going in my living room. I think that would be plenty if the same number of people kept showing up.
That said, I will be moving sometime soon to Mesa where I'll be rooming with LtBluePanther and Mess. So, I'm sure they'd also be down with seeing old faces, playing smash, and chillin with people. When that happens, if we decide to do this, I'll let you know where I'm at.

-Is the Nyte drama over yet? If you've got stuff on your chest 3 days after the fact, get it off now. I'm sick of seeing people chime in one way or another, rekindling ****. Let it go <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My drama isn't necessarily nyte-related. This has been going on for years, but my performance at Nyte made it that much more obvious to me that the caliber of people I typically play with isn't cutting it. Especially when I talked to M2K about my playing habits.

No offense to Brian, and John. I love you guys, and I'm really happy we can play together fairly often, but if I want to get better, you guys either need to get a lot better, or I need to play with Kyle or Rob more often, and for longer periods of time.

Also, I'll be sure to make it to your birthday, Cori.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
(8:28:38 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I go to play Melee with Axe
(8:28:50 PM) xroflmaowtfx: And the dude says, "You come here all the time! Here's one for free."
(8:29:02 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I said, "MAAAAAAAN! WHAT I LOOK LIKE? A CHARITY CASE?"
(8:29:16 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I TOOK IT AND THREW IT ON THE GROOOUUUUUUNDDDD!
(8:29:20 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I DON'T NEED YOUR HANDOUTS
(8:29:24 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I'M AN ADULT
(8:29:25 PM) xroflmaowtfx: PLEASE
(8:29:31 PM) xroflmaowtfx: YOU CAN'T BUY ME, AXE

AXE 09

Smash Master
(8:28:38 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I go to play Melee with Axe
(8:28:50 PM) xroflmaowtfx: And the dude says, "You come here all the time! Here's one for free."
(8:29:02 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I said, "MAAAAAAAN! WHAT I LOOK LIKE? A CHARITY CASE?"
(8:29:16 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I TOOK IT AND THREW IT ON THE GROOOUUUUUUNDDDD!
(8:29:20 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I DON'T NEED YOUR HANDOUTS
(8:29:24 PM) xroflmaowtfx: I'M AN ADULT
(8:29:25 PM) xroflmaowtfx: PLEASE
(8:29:31 PM) xroflmaowtfx: YOU CAN'T BUY ME, AXE
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
HERE'S ONE FOR FREE XD

:phone:

oksas

oak-sauce
No offense to Brian, and John. I love you guys, and I'm really happy we can play together fairly often, but if I want to get better, you guys either need to get a lot better, or I need to play with Kyle or Rob more often, and for longer periods of time.
none taken xander. let's hope this summer gets better and we can all have smashfests so i can get elevated to kage status.

Top Bottom