• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Coty Spencer's tech is legit better than mine, haha. He's so much more consistent than I am, he has better reaction, and he's just a little bit faster than me at everything I do.

Also another factor that makes me want to quit is a lack of friends, and support. Seriously, nobody will cheer for me. I'm not a flashy player, I don't have any close relationships with any of you, and I'm not that good of a player.

:phone:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Spencer's tech skill is irrelevant because he is not a competitor anymore.

Bottom line is that everyone in AZ knows how good your tech skill is Xander. You can ***** and moan all you want, it's not really going to help.

You're a good player, you just need to work on your nerves and mindset.

Also, you're ****ing ******** and need to shut your man pleaser. Seriously, shut the **** up.

<3

:peach:

AXE 09

Smash Master
You're all ****ing ******** and stupid if you think my tech is good. Seriously. Learn to falco.

Coming from someone who's had a ridiculous amount of experience vs Falco, your tech skill is actually very good. Much better than you think, and the rest of us see it. It's unfortunate that you can't, but take it from us that you're a lot better than you're giving yourself credit for.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You know I still moss like, nearly every ff and l cancel versus shield as falco, even after playing this game for 7 years, right?

What about all the suicides?

Missed shine oos? Missed wd oos? Missed dair oos?

I practice every day, too.

If you think my tech is still great, you're just being nice out of pity.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Techskill and tech consistency are considered by most to be two different things (I think).

So when people are saying Xander has good tech skill, it means that you're capable of doing a lot of technically demanding things, and you attempt to implement them a lot in your matches. Xander just can't seem to do it consistently when it comes down to really needing it. Even certain simple tasks can be missed due to poor consistency, not necessarily a lack of tech skill. For example, Wob has incredible IC techskill and knowledge, but he struggles with consistency with his execution which is why he gets so angry. He practices so often and misses the jump button at critical moments on seemingly simple tasks.

So, you can call me ****ing ******** and stupid for thinking you have good techskill, even with the bird, but you either have to find a way to make all that tech work for you or simplify your gameplay.

You've seen my Falco, right? It's extremely limited relative to modern Falcos, but it still works if I play it correctly. I just don't hit as hard. Perhaps you could find a way to adapt my style and just turn on your tech on hit confirms or something.

Or you could just give up and hate everyone and everything because you can't control your character. I haven't been able to control my characters since 2007, but I just played around my technical limitations and it made me an overall better player. I just focus on what I CAN control, what mistakes I CAN minimize and play accordingly. Then I process what would be techskill outside my comfort zone as a gamble to be used in situations where I don't think I would win or get ahead otherwise.

But I dunno, you have to find what works for you.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Tech skill to.me is all encompassing, but I'm mostly referring to my ability t.consistently do the fundamental strategies important to falcos game. The fact othat I'm incapable of being consistent even with thebarr essentials is why I say my technical skill is ***.

Just because I can do sw-esque stuff maybe 25-50% of the time doesn't make me a technical player.

Oh and btw: I don't even PRACTICE super flashy ****. I spend hours a day practicing one important technique at a time until I feel comfortable with it. Unfortunately pressure makes that practice irrelevant.

As an example, I've probably spent several months practicing nothing but invincible ledgedash at various different lengths, and practicing shine/usmash/grab/turnaround utilt.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Tech skill to.me is all encompassing, but I'm mostly referring to my ability t.consistently do the fundamental strategies important to falcos game. The fact othat I'm incapable of being consistent even with thebarr essentials is why I say my technical skill is ***.

Just because I can do sw-esque stuff maybe 25-50% of the time doesn't make me a technical player.

Oh and btw: I don't even PRACTICE super flashy ****. I spend hours a day practicing one important technique at a time until I feel comfortable with it. Unfortunately pressure makes that practice irrelevant.

As an example, I've probably spent several months practicing nothing but invincible ledgedash at various different lengths, and practicing shine/usmash/grab/turnaround utilt.

All you need is shine waveland, lasers, dairs, and some utilts.

Not saying your tech skill is good btw just sayin it's all you need(it's all I do).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Gay-Z PR

1. Gobbles the Penis :icsmelee:
2. A$$ :pikachumelee: :falcomelee:
3. FlamerGuitarist7 :falconmelee:
4. GeeAyWhy :marthmelee:
5. Silly Kyle :peachmelee:
6. JetWh0re :randombrawl:
7. Lubing my fist :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
8. Okami BonerWanter :sheikmelee:
9. Fal-chode-y :sheikmelee:
10. Anal :yoshimelee:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Gay-Z PR

1. Gobbles the Penis :icsmelee:
2. A$$ :pikachumelee: :falcomelee:
3. Gay-merGuitarist7 :falconmelee:
4. GeeAyWhy :marthmelee:
5. Silly Kyle :peachmelee:
6. JetWh0re :randombrawl:
7. Lubing my fist :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
8. Okami BonerWanter :sheikmelee:
9. Fal-chode-y :sheikmelee:
10. Anal :yoshimelee:
So what would Taj and Forward be called???

And Silly Kyle's name staying the same made this one of the best posts I have ever seen.

Jane

Smash Hero
i just now realized who "anal" is loooooooooooooooooooooooool

xander and chris needs updates though. their names are either too obscure or too easy

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i just now realized who "anal" is loooooooooooooooooooooooool

xander and chris needs updates though. their names are either too obscure or too easy
Do you have any better ideas for Xander? That was the one that took me the longest (by far) to come up with.

Also, I don't think there's anything funny you can do with Chris' name. It's GG7 and you're trying to fit "gay" into it. Of course it's too easy.

bubz

Smash Rookie
LOL man, everything in AZ is the exact way that I left it. Same thing going on everyday with the Random drama, random salt, and random people trying to break the ice with random things. I feel that it's getting kind of old though. That's all I'm going to say now, but yeah same thing everyday. :p

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
LOL man, everything in AZ is the exact way that I left it. Same thing going on everyday with the Random drama, random salt, and random people trying to break the ice with random things. I feel that it's getting kind of old though. That's all I'm going to say now, but yeah same thing everyday. :p
Same ol you trying to be different or cool by judging everything that goes on in a thread.

How fun.

Top Bottom