• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
There should totally be a melee tournament in Phoenix/Glendale this summer since there are a good amount of Phoenix/Glendale players (i.e Tai, Frosty, Axe, AMFDestroyer, ZAV will probably be in town, and me).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
we're never going to update this.

if it's any consolation, the GayZ PR i posted was the exact order that i'd make the actual PR:

Gay-Z PR

1. Gobbles the Penis :icsmelee:
Clearly #1 in AZ. His ICs haven't lost to Axe since like, the LAST TIME he lived here. He's also been the highest AZ placer in the last four OOS tourneys he was at (Emily's tourney where he pretty much won, Apex 2012, G2, and Apex 2010 where he tied with Axe)
2. A$$ :pikachumelee: :falcomelee:
Obviously next in line.
3. FlamerGuitarist7 :falconmelee:
Obviously next after that. He doesn't beat Axe and Wobbles, and he doesn't really lose to anyone below that. One single loss to Okami isn't enough to knock him down at all
4. GeeAyWhy :marthmelee:
I suck at this game. Okami is up against me right now, and Kyle beat me the last time we played (which was months ago), but I still have a very large winning record against Kyle (this might change in the future, idk), and I have never lost to Rubyiris. I dunno, there's a case for Kyle being put above me, but I don't think anyone else deserves this spot except for me and him. Okami's performance against me and his one win against GG7 don't negate the fact that he's never beaten Kyle at a monthly and that he's lost to Rubyiris the past several times they played (with a losing overall record? idk). In all honesty though, I don't see myself being prepared to defend my spot at THC4. I've been slipping already because I haven't been playing enough Marth to be in form, whereas Kyle pretty much only plays Peach. Not to mention, my motivation isn't at its peak right now. I'm nowhere close to quitting, but because of other things, I don't know if I can get that incredible drive back in time to prepare well for THC4
p.s. I beat S2J LOOL
5. Silly Kyle :peachmelee:
Perfect win record against Okami at AZ monthlies. Sorta goes back and forth with Rubyiris, but I *think* Kyle still has the upper hand in that, and Kyle won the last time they played. I think he's had a slight lead against Jackie in recent times, but Jackie hasn't been to enough things for me to say that with absolute certainty. Took a set off Wobbles, but I guess if you wanna say that, so have I.
6. JetWh0re :randombrawl:
Sigh
7. Lubing my fist :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
Sigh
8. Okami BonerWanter :sheikmelee:
Beat GG7 once, has been beating me recently. Hasn't beaten Kyle where it mattered, and still has a losing record against Rubyiris, and I think he has an even record with Coty. I don't know. I could see him being ranked 6 or 7, but I personally would put him at 8
9. Fal-chode-y :sheikmelee:
Has been beating Xander pretty much every time like, the last four or so times they've played.... I don't know what else to say. I don't remember how his record with Okami is. He also hasn't really been entering things.
10. Anal :yoshimelee:
I think he's the most stand-out player outside of our top 9.

Corigames

Smash Hero
>I've been slipping already because I haven't been playing enough Marth to be in form, whereas Kyle pretty much only plays Peach. Not to mention, my motivation isn't at its peak right now. I'm nowhere close to quitting, but because of other things, I don't know if I can get that incredible drive back in time to prepare well for THC4

AXE 09

Smash Master
Tai we should start practicing again.

I still practice pretty much every day lol. But it would be nice to practice against humans more too

:phone:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai we should start practicing again.

I still practice pretty much every day lol. But it would be nice to practice against humans more too

ok, deal, mr. i'm-not-available-until-next-wednesday! :)

if you don't come to my house next wednesday, i will CUT YOU

by the way, i personally think you should stop playing marth and YL so much in friendlies and try to go pikachu almost 100% (maybe falco too, idk)

it will make
me and
armada happy

and don't you want to make
me and
armada happy?

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I stayed two nights at Vman's house and a night at GG7's house and I still haven't smashed at all since NYTE :O

I'm officially done so I don't know why you still bother to include me on these lists.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I stayed two nights at Vman's house and a night at GG7's house and I still haven't smashed at all since NYTE :O

I'm officially done so I don't know why you still bother to include me on these lists.

we know enough about you to place you on the PR with relative accuracy, but i'm sure enough people are going to complain about activity/non-activity that you can be taken off. i'm also pretty sure we're not gonna update this thing anyway.

my PERSONAL preference is that a PR should be a ranking of players that LIVE in the state, regardless of activity. people that have LONG retired can't be put on anymore just because we honestly don't KNOW how they'd stack up in present day (e.g. omar, hanki), but if it were completely up to me, i would put taj and forward on the PR without even a second thought.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No one cares about my opinion, but I still think the power ranking should be a list of the current best. Active. If we wanted an all-time list, that's be awesome/cool, but I don't think that we can conflate the two or have some single, compromised mush-mashed list of some active and some non-active people based on how we feel about their competitive abilities.

But, hey, that's, like, my opinion man.

AXE 09

Smash Master
ok, deal, mr. i'm-not-available-until-next-wednesday! :)

if you don't come to my house next wednesday, i will CUT YOU

by the way, i personally think you should stop playing marth and YL so much in friendlies and try to go pikachu almost 100% (maybe falco too, idk)

it will make
me and
armada happy

and don't you want to make
me and
armada happy?
I'm not going to stop playing YL lol. I love him too much :p

And I can't believe you of all people want me to stop playng Marth haha XD

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Tai, I think I preferred your previous definition, where the PR should consist of the players you would expect to do well at the next national (or next local, for those who don't play nationally). I personally think the PR should be a prediction of the placings of the next local/relative placings of AZ players at the next national, overlooking the possibility that some players may, for whatever reason, temporarily be unable to attend the next one or two tournaments.

I believe this because of issues with relevancy. Knowing how Forward would place if he attended the next tournament isn't very helpful if he isn't planning to attend the next tournament. Or the next. Or any other tournament ever. Same deal with TAJ/Jackie/GG7 (dunno if GG7 has personally verified any plans to stop playing). Yes, this means I take back everything I said earlier about how "active" should include players who attended the last two tournaments. I have grown older and wiser and have changed my mind since then, and apologize to anyone who may have felt wronged by my previous statements. The ten best active players are the most relevant to the AZ scene and (to some extent) the national scene. I'm not trying to say that Forward, TAJ, Jackie, and GG7 are not relevant. They are. They have had a great deal to do with shaping the current scene. It would be kinda cool to insert these players in parentheses where they would place if they attended the next tournament. But I still think the PR should be a list of the best ten active players because that is what is most relevant.

1. Wobbles
2. AXE
(2.25 TAJ)
(2.5 Forward)
(2.75 GG7)
<-- I really have no clue if this is how these three would go. This is just an example.
3. TAI
4. Silly Kyle
(4.5 Jetfour)
5. Rubyiris
6. Okami
7. Falcoty
8. Angel
9. Open.
10. Open. Reserve your spot on the AZ PR by calling 1-800-YOU-SUCK

Also, I'm leaving for CO tomorrow. I'll be back next fall, no worries 8D

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I was like wtf when axe went YL and fox against darc at apex when I'm sure he could have beaten him with pika

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I totes want you to stop playing Marth, Axe! I want you to murder me endlessly with your sick Pikachu and Falco! And/Or Peach!

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
I was like wtf when axe went YL and fox against darc at apex when I'm sure he could have beaten him with pika
Darc commented on the video saying that Axe told him that he wasn't feeling Pikachu that day. Found the direct quote: "GGs Axe. You should at least try Pika next time tho D: I know it wasn't doing too well that day, but I have loads of problems in that matchup."

He also seemed to be having an off day also in his matches against Linguini, despite him winning.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion

I told Jackie and Jeff both. I DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE.. Neither of them have believed me, and to a a sense they shouldn't... (As I'll be attending FC, and many other OOS events) As far as AZ tourney's etc are concerned, I just like to go to enjoy the company and chat with players, etc... I like playing OoS much better than in state... Our scene is great however, OoS is where MAJORITY of the nationals etc, are and where tourneys really matter, is all

Game is still fun... and i like seeing most of AZ, just I'll practice when I feel I'll need to etc..

Armada

Smash Lord
Axe: It is fun to see that you still really like the game. BUT I have to agree with Tai to be honest. You give yourself a much better chance to start place extremly good again if you focus more on one char.

I don't know if you would like it less cause it would be boring or something. But I recommend you to focus on your Pika and a little bit on your Falco. When I played my secondaries much more (maybe was 2010-2011) then I used to I saw kinda fast that it was effecting me in a bad way. I realized it fast enough though.

I REALLY wanna play against you in WF/GF at a tournament in America so I just say this cause I wanna se you there man. Don't take this the wrong way.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think a list showing how someone would do oos shouldn't have me on the list, or at least place Coty/okami/angel/girku above me, unless Spencer decides to undo what black magic he did to steal my melee skill.

I'm not a relevant player anymore, and it's not going to take long for Max and john to be the next face(s) of tucson smash.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Tai talking about Xander's johns is like Kyle calling Shiek gay.

Also, I'm going to take Angel out the next time we play. Prepare the gAyZ.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm not johning, I'm speaking the truth. I don't understand what caused me to go from playing incredibly the day before Nyte to playing like I did in 08/09 in less than 24 hours, and being incapable of bringing it back up to speed, but whatever it is, I doubt my ability to overcome it, and therefore that makes me irrelevant as a contender. Especially since my priorities are helping advance Pit's metagame, and support the PMBR in any way I can, as well as finishing up Job Corps, starting Pima in the fall, and picking up Vanguard as a new hobby.

I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop defaulting to "oh xander's just johning" and realize the truth. Cori beat me extremely solidly, despite whatever delusuions she's giving herself to sleep better at night over beating me, and I've been placing extremely low over the past three months. I'm not johning; I really am a lot worse now, and nothing is changing.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
You aren't getting worse, everyone around you is just getting better.

By the way Tai, when do you think you'll have the University of Advancing Our Smash Skills melee matches up on your channel?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i wasn't trying to start anything. i wasn't even calling xander a johner or anything close to that.

i just thought it was funny that the names max and john were right next to each other (which is why "imum" and "s" were in bold) as the upcoming tucson players, saying that tucson's future was "maximum johns"

Top Bottom