• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Jane

Smash Hero
drugs? Who's talking about drugs? Those things are illegal. Like jaywalking, or littering. Nononononono we don't do vile acts such as those.

But dre, be wary of the enclosed room tomorrow. If the legends are correct it'll be reminiscent of a firey volcano.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
I can probably play until at least midnight. I don't know what time I'll be able to start playing though since I have to show up to a dinner for a little bit. As long as I have an address to the house, I can probably make it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Would anyone be interested in pooling together a whole bunch of awesome video clips from all over AZ to make a ri****ulously awesome combo video to get more hype for AZ?

I'm not sure if AZ's ever done it before, but I think we have plenty of talent from all of our mini-regions to make something beautiful to really showcase our state.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in pooling together a whole bunch of awesome video clips from all over AZ to make a ri****ulously awesome combo video to get more hype for AZ?

I'm not sure if AZ's ever done it before, but I think we have plenty of talent from all of our mini-regions to make something beautiful to really showcase our state.
The only people in this state who does cool combos are Jeff, Tai, and Wobbles.

This includes my brother. Sean if you read this you don't do cool combos.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I guess, but you can't say that Angel's set with GG7 wasn't hype as ****. That Taj doing anything with Link isn't video worthy. Etc.

There's cool **** to throw in a video other than kick-*** combos from our top 3.

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
evenin', AZ. I'll be in Phoenix next week (starting this weekend, actually). I may or may not actually have time to smash but it'd be cool to see you guys.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Go ahead and remove me from the PR. I don't play smash anymore.

Tag, whenever you see this, keep the TV. I don't care about it.

Tim: I still need the memory card. It's Rusty's.

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Xander I'm willing to talk about this if you are. I'm not trying to start drama on smashboards this can be handled one-on-one and privately via facebook or something. I don't want you to just quit smash without certain things being addressed, that may spillover into whatever else you do after smash. I don't know you as intimately as the melee folk do, but I do have some observations that I would like you to be aware of.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If you want to talk to me one on one, then do so.

520-977-2254.

I'm quitting smash regardless, though. My issues with the community are ever present, and will never go away, so it would be easier if I just left.

Ou, and whoever is interested: I'm selling my emerald and clear controller for $20.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I see drama in AZ still persists. >_> Just saying hi to everyone to remind you guys I still exist... yup that's pretty much it. Good night!

AXE 09

Smash Master
...I love Melee lol. Why don't we all just get together and play :) I had a blast this past weekend with you guys! :pika:

MT_

Smash Ace
UT Austin Smash Club presents: Tchaikovsky's Iced Tea Sonata on July 21

Axe, Tai, Falcoty, and Noctournez came to an Austin tournament a little over a year ago and we really enjoyed having you guys. This tournament is going to be Texas's biggest tournament this summer and I wanted to personally invite AZ to come! This tourney will be featuring Broly and Mojo, a couple of Texas's best players. Hope you guys will be able to make it! We of course are more than willing to house you guys should you decide to make the trip over here. GO MELEE!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
what the **** am I getting myself into?
Hopefully a vagina.

...I love Melee lol. Why don't we all just get together and play :) I had a blast this past weekend with you guys! :pika:
You're a cool dude and all and I really do enjoy talking to you but sometimes you say some really fruity ****.

No offense Kyle.

That's because the community is trash. Nothing new.

You're trash. Go away. Oh wait you are. Yay.

i <3 the community
sup jonny

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
In this episode of AZ drama, just like last ****.ing episode, Xander says he's quitting, but never does! Tune in next time when he does the same exact ****! You surely don't want to miss it!

Honestly though, that **** is getting annoying.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
In this episode of AZ drama, just like last ****.ing episode, Xander says he's quitting, but never does! Tune in next time when he does the same exact shi.t! You surely don't want to miss it!

Honestly though, that shi.t is getting annoying.
Xander never really says he's quitting until now. He just always says he feels like there's no need for him to be around when all people do is **** on him.

I could make a long post of why things are this way for him but I don't feel like it right now. In the morning.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
In this case, I was hoping the problems I have with how things are ran would change with project m, but since your guys are ********, I'm not even going to bother. Doesn't help that I don't enjoy smash anymore.

Avenger, I said the Tucson smash tournament would likely be my last, and it was. Maybe you should work on that memory.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Xander i'm really not trying to drag this out but even you admit that your personality is abrasive so why are you still blaming everybody else? You're never accountable.

You get the venue wrong the first time: "phoenix shoulda came down, we got a new venue
in someone's garage
"

Get the venue wrong the second time and post a BRAWL tourney in the melee thread: "you guys just hate me and didn't come because of it"

hate everything: "You guys hated me first"

"AZ doesn't like you": "Because they are ******** and stupid, it has nothing to do with me being an abrasive person"

Just say: "Oops, my bad" sometimes, even if you're right. Who cares, **** happens, bro.

That's the only real thing that you do that bothers me, just take a hit once in a while, you lost weight and that's cool but you never really changed, man. Honestly does everybody [in my life] like me? no. But around negative people I just shut up. sometimes you just gotta shut up. You don't have to be nice, just shut up. I'm not saying that in a mean way either, just being neutral, I live by the motto: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Nobody has a problem with me (as far as I know)

If someone says something mean to you first: just shut up, who cares. Like honestly it's harder to do that then to say what's on your mind most of the time, and it's a more respectable trait.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't know about the Melee side but on the brawl side we have nothing but love for each other in AZ the only people who seems to have problems are you and Foxfire from what I can tell. I maintain planes for a living and I troubleshoot stuff. If everything is working until I put Part "xander" in then part "xander" is probably the problem. I can either fix part "xander" or replace part "xander" know what i'm saying? You're fixable, dude.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't know about the Melee side but on the brawl side we have nothing but love for each other in AZ the only people who seems to have problems are you and Foxfire from what I can tell. I maintain planes for a living and I troubleshoot stuff. If everything is working until I put Part "xander" in then part "xander" is probably the problem. I can either fix part "xander" or replace part "xander" know what i'm saying? You're fixable, dude.
I have a problem with you
r name being an emoticon

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey Smiley, good job completely missing the mark on why I'm quitting. My problems lie with how the community runs things, a lack of professionalism, and the fact that I don't enjoy the game, and nothing else.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I can't help but think that you had a crayon lodged up your nose years ago and you haven't noticed that it's still there.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Hey Smiley, good job completely missing the mark on why I'm quitting. My problems lie with how the community runs things, a lack of professionalism, and the fact that I don't enjoy the game, and nothing else.

What's wrong with the way "the community" runs things? Who is the community in this case?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The community, is the smash scene in general, Arizona included.

I have a problem with how we run tournaments, how lax we are with rules, the lazy playerbase, how we conduct tierlists and power rankings.

Coming from more professional communities, the smash community just bothers me.

I don't actually have any problems with the people here, with the exception of Kyle's obnoxious ego, but even then, I don't mind being around him. My actual problem with the people, is that with the exception of john, Shiv, and the robs, I don't feel like any of you are actually my friends. I get the feeling that you guys just tolerate me (which is a pretty big improvement to be honest.)

Plus I'm sick of never getting better, so I'm done with smash.

Top Bottom