• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
saying the "community is trash" pretty much implies that you have personal problems with the members of the community, rather than their ability/desire to do things in an efficient, professional manner, so you should excuse Z for misinterpreting your intentions accordingly.

yeah, you did mention it (the way things are run) in your second post, but it wasn't emphasized that boldly, especially since it was amidst talk of you quitting the community and calling everyone ********.

Jane

Smash Hero
My actual problem with the people, is that with the exception of john, Shiv, and the robs, I don't feel like any of you are actually my friends.
you're looking at the glass half empty, which i know you have a tendency to do, but still.

rather than saying "i feel like none of you are my friends except john, shiv, and the robs," you should be HAPPY that you have created a total of four genuine friendships.

I get the feeling that you guys just tolerate me (which is a pretty big improvement to be honest.)
if people went from disliking you to just tolerating you, and this change happened because you made a real effort to change yourself, then why is this a bad thing? that's progress for you buddy. again, you need to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. slow positive change is better than no change at all. do you want everyone in the scene to intently desire your friendship or something? that's not how it works. if you want real friends, YOU have to make the effort to FIND those people that mean something to you, and then proceed to make real connections with them. obviously you have found a few of those people. treasure them forever.

and for the record, i consider you a friend of mine. no, not a best friend, not even close. but you are certainly much more than just an acquaintance. you are what i would consider a real friend.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Xander the problem is mostly that you're ****ing ********.

When I stopped playing smash as much in general you said to me "Well I'd still like to be friends outside of smash" blah blah. Then when you IMed/IM me on AIM every now and then I make an effort to talk about things but what happens?

It's either you finding a way to **** on the things I like so I just stop responding because who the **** wants to deal with that obnoxious ****?

ORRRRRR

You talk about the 3 conversational topics you know none of which interest me. And yet you try being friends with me. I don't even ****ing understand that ****.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
so yeeaaa can anybody house yuma for corigames tourney? We would really like to make it out

Corigames

Smash Hero
@Ruby
You use to be a total ***, now you're a douche. People use to hate you, now they are uncomfortable. You complain about everything, if you do any commentary it's just to point out why people suck and not to expound upon the match or build hype, you always talk about how bad you are while you are still a better player than 99% of the people that have ever put the disc in their GC, you start drama about people for not wanting to play with you and wonder why this creates a vicious cycle of people not wanting to play with you, I've never heard you support another person, etc.

tl;dr: You are a negative person and make it difficult to enjoy things while you are around. You don't treat anyone like they are your friend and, yet, you expect them to do that to you. You go for long periods of time appearing to be nice and making progress at being decent, then a small trigger goes off and you explode into a cloud of angst.

Lastly, you've threatened to leave at least 7 times since I've come back, so that's probably why no one cares this time either.

@M3DZ
Well, considering it's a Saturday and it is taking place at my house, I could probably house the 5 of you. I have several couches and a huge bed. I'm sure something could get worked out. Plus, one of my roomies will be out of town and I'll have his room open too just in case.

@My Tournament Goers
Also, people need to bring set-ups. We've only 2 TVS (one is HD), 1 Wii, 1 GC, and 1 Melee. I might get a second melee by then so I can have 2 full set-ups of my own, but we're going to need plenty more than that to have an enjoyable time.

Also, can people, like, tell me if they're coming? I don't know how many/if any Tempe/Mesa/Phoenix people are coming, let alone Tucson or Flagstaff. I mean, it's a nice house and I'm sure we can fit the usual crowd that shows up for the THC tournaments, but it would still be nice to know so I could prepare.

I want to do more fun things than usual, like crews, instead of teams.

@Everyone
I left my memory card somewhere at THC:4. Did anyone get home to find they had an extra somewhere? It would be really nice if I could... you know... access any of my GC data >_<

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Wow thanks if u could really do that it would be amazing. If we do end up going for sure we would be leaving Friday night at about 8 or 9. It would takes us about 3 hours to get to mesa, maybe less.

Edit: We can also bring 2 setups

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
In this thread: Cori explains why I'm a piece of ****, and basically proves my point about how I'm worthless and have no business being part of the community.

Also, I've only considered quitting once before this, and it was before you started smash again.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
About a month ago you threatened to quit, I believe it was along the lines of "I'm quitting if a couple things are addressed."

Look, if you want to quit, then quit. Don't be dramatic about it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're more than welcome to ask Spencer, or Kyle. I only touch melee at tournaments, and I never practice when I do go. I only play tournament sets, and rarely with falco.

I don't really enjoy melee anymore. Especially not after nyte.

:phone:

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone wanna MM my YL? I need practice lol

Ill mm it with my fox for 1 if I go to cori's tourney. I'd also like to get some games in for practice. I need to learn how to fight pika and I need experience vs a good falco.

Corigames

Smash Hero
What about Samus?
:D
Hey did you know that I'm currently tied with AXE? Totes legit. Did you know that Tai beat S2J? Did you?

No, we had a best of 3 and we left it at a tie after he sandbagged too hard XD

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Yea ill mm your samus with my marth. I have some samus experience from a player here in yuma. Ill play you at your house if u can house us. Ill know within the next week if I can go since i m requesting the days off tomorow

Edit: tied in matches? And hell yes I'm glad tai beat s2j.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone wanna MM my YL? I need practice lol

Fosho man, my Marth has improved a lot since the last time we faced each other. I've practiced so much since UAT and even managed to take a game off of Kosuke's Fox at THC4. :] $10 total money match?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hey look, more reasons why I'm a piece of ****. Cool. Keep piling them on.
More like reasons why the reasons you claim you are a piece of **** are ****ty reasons.

Bad Reason: "My improvement in terms of my social standing in AZ Smash is gradual rather than instantaneous. Therefore, I will never achieve a good social standing in AZ Smash."

Bad Reason: "I was once a good player." (you really can't deny this, even if you think you no longer are) "My improvement in playing ability was gradual and sometimes I had bad days. Therefore, I suck at Melee."

Good Reason: "I no longer enjoy any Smash Bros. game. Therefore, I want to quit Smash and move on with my life."

Look, you have demonstrated to me that you are a skilled player and are capable of being nice and unabrasive when you really try. I understand that you are frustrated because you are trying and it's not working as well as you hoped. I do not believe you are a bad person. I think, if anything, you are just a frustrated, confused, and hurt person. Like Smiley says, sometimes you need to just swallow your frustration because your random displays of frustration are detrimental. If you really can't swallow it, type it out without posting it. Or post it and immediately delete it (I'm sure everyone here would rather deal with a random, edited-out 10chars post than some of your recent posts, right guys? O_O). Or post it in transparent text (same story, peeps O_O just don't highlight it). Or type it out in a Notepad document and save it to your desktop without posting it. Or set up a dummy email account somewhere (AZ_Smash_Scene@yahoo.com or some ****) and email it to that account.

If you want to quit Smash, feel free. Just ... do it for a worthwhile reason, with no regrets. If your experience playing Smash was really that bad, learn what you can from it and put it behind yourself. You seem to have more than your fair share of demons and there's no need to drag around another.

Vingazi

Smash Rookie
480 Melee. ANYONE?!

Does anyone in Ahwatukee melee?? Want to get a scene going here! Reply me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ahwatukee isn't too far from Tempe. If you have a place to play or don't mind driving out to the Tempe/Mesa area, your Melee will abound.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I've been doing some pretty intense self-reflection (Thanks, Cori, for showing me the difference between what I used to call "Self-reflection," and what is.) I've realized that once I'm actually in a decent mood, and a decent mindset, that maybe I don't want to quit smash at all. Derek and John are pretty accurate. Not entirely accurate, since they don't know me as well, as, say, Jackie, but a lot of what they've said was mostly right.

I get extremely frustrated. Not very easily, mind you, as I've played this game for 7 long years, but when I DO get frustrated, it's pretty intense. John also pointed out that some of those frustrations are seemingly arbitrary, and I definitely overreact. It's due to an overabundance of stress, both smash related, and not.

The more I've been thinking, the more I realize that I can't get on by myself anymore. I don't know how soon it will happen, but I'm going to start seeing professionals for my problems, again. The reason why my problems have been progressively getting worse, and worse was my refusal for treatment. I wanted to try so badly to keep off medication, as I spent the majority of my life on a cocktail of anti-depressants, tranquilizers, anti anxiety medication, medication to control my asthma, medication to control my OCD, medication to control my acid reflux...

I'm sorry that it took me this long to realize my problems, and that it took me this long to realize that I just can't handle myself anymore, and need help.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I considered trolling you some more, but now is inopportune.

On a side note, though I'm done with AZ tournaments, I decided to not quit smash since the Portland scene doesn't suck as bad as I thought it would. I'll probably end up kicking it with Eggz occasionally since he lives nearby, so that should be fun. Smash or not.

I also just tried Project M. Easycakes. My Snake will piss you off.

But... melee?

Top Bottom