• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Considering that you can make skins of literally anything, I think I would rather make an EZ skin of Samus. His skills are pretty charge-blasty. Either that, or do Ramus just for powerball... but, yeah, that Jayce looks sweet.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
If we're not going to include Taj, Chris, Jackie, or Coty:

1) Wobbles :popo: :mario2:
2) Axe :pikachu2: :falco: :marth: :younglinkmelee:
3) Silly Kyle :peach:
4) Okami :sheik:
5) Tai :marth:
6) Angel :yoshi2:
7) Rubyiris :falco: :fox:
8) Coreygames :samus2:
9) Max :fox:
10) Oksas :falco: :ganondorf:

Honorable Mention:
Eef :fox:

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I think it would make ppl feel better and get off each other's backs if Vman just did "tentative" PR updates, e.g., when TAJ or GG7 say they're quitting, remove them from the list, move everyone else up, list last two spots as "Undecided" or something.

That would also encourage ppl to speak up to try to get themselves into one of those empty spots.

EDIT: Kyle beat me to it, ignore me.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why Taj shouldn't be on the list. He entered THC3, only lost to Wobbles and Axe, and we all know that he's third best in the state.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Kosuke is always angry... That's pretty much all I got.

I've actually managed to quit cold turkey... But considering that Tai and I will soon be cohabitating, expect for me to be coming back for my spot in a few months :D

Also, Xander is best at quitting smash. <3 Xander

:phone:

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Smashfest at TAJ's? I'm so there :) Have no idea how to get there though.

Also as a side note I get really sad at around 4:20 every day, not sure if its the heat or the homesickness!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Kosuke is always angry... That's pretty much all I got.

I've actually managed to quit cold turkey... But considering that Tai and I will soon be cohabitating, expect for me to be coming back for my spot in a few months :D

Also, Xander is best at quitting smash. <3 Xander

Most of the time, that's just the depression talking.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Understandable. I'm not making fun, just so we're clear, lol.

I don't even care if people play, I care more about seeing people that I've known for so long.

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Just realized my parents apartment complex is pretty sick, thinking about hosting saturday evening smashfests by the pool (theres outlets and rain covers and free proprane grills). Probably get a bunch of hotdogs and hamburgers and setup some tvs out there and have some smash/pool parties. Let me know if this sounds like a good idea. :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Just realized my parents apartment complex is pretty sick, thinking about hosting saturday evening smashfests by the pool (theres outlets and rain covers and free proprane grills). Probably get a bunch of hotdogs and hamburgers and setup some tvs out there and have some smash/pool parties. Let me know if this sounds like a good idea. :)
HOLY crap yes!! This sounds freakin awesome to me :D

Hey Cori, are you gonna come to Taj's this Friday? :D

And just so everyone knows:

The smashfest starts this Friday at 2pm until as late as you can handle playing Melee ;) you can count on me staying hecka late! I <3 Melee

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey Cori, are you gonna come to Taj's this Friday? :D
Ok, I gotta get something off my chest here to you and other Arizonans in here. I hold a tournament with a month advance on it, 6 people enter. Tai drops out, Avenger drops out, Stuff drops. More people enter the side events for a game I didn't even want to host than the main one. I house 5 people from Yuma, 2 of them enter. Tuscon was a no. SV, of course, was a no. Flagstaff, no. To me, it felt like a big waste of my time and money. **** happens, whatever.

The next week you say you want to hang out and smash, so I offer up my place. I say people should show up, invites go out. I hear nothing and nothing happens. Then, you say you can only do this on Sunday or Friday, and I say that I probably won't be able to do Friday. So, instead of hyping up Sunday and trying to get attention, you sit quietly and just remark about how you think it won't be worth it on Sunday. I text people that morning, and no one shows up again. Day goes by and nothing happens.

That's whatever. I know people can't always fit their schedule with mine, things don't always match up that way. It's cool.

However, now that it leaves you with Friday, you go all out on getting people to show up. You post a big post on here, you start pestering people on FB, you get Taj to host it, etc. The day I say I probably won't be able to make it because I might be working two jobs on that day and you bust your *** to get people down here. So now, everyone in the state is going to be going to Taj's place while I'm stuck at work.

I try to get people to play smash: nothing comes of it. You try: you get someone else to house it and get everyone to go to it. So what is it? Is it me? Is it my house? Is it the way I run things? Why doesn't anyone want to do **** at my place but will drop everything and take any expense to go to Taj's? Why would you do all this on a day when I can't show up when I've been the one trying to get the same things on days when we're both available?

Just seems really ****ty from my perspective, you know? I'm a bit irked.

Edit:
Also, please hold the tournament. This is not me saying that I can't find a replacement, maybe get off that day, or don't want other people to have a good time. I'm just super frustrated at how the past two weeks went down.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Not even tryna be funny, but welcome to AZ... :(

Welcome to familiar negative feelings I've felt.

It's just unfortunate, my apologies...

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I would have came to your tourney Cori, but I lost my driving privileges for now. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it to Taj's thing.

AXE 09

Smash Master
^To be fair (In regards to Sunday), I only had a 1 day notice to be at your place, and I didn't wanna make the 1 hour(ish) drive if there was only gonna be 2 of us.

I knew that if we had at least a few days notice, we could get way more people to come. And the only other day I have off this week is Friday. So... that's why I asked if you would be available this Friday, so we could have a huge smashfest at your place this Friday. But you said you weren't sure cuz you might have to work, so I searched for another place to have the smashfest. I actually asked several people before I even asked Taj.

If you had said yes that you were free this Friday, then I STILL would've gone all out on inviting people to go. Cuz I wanna freakin play, and I don't really care where we go, as long as there's setups, room to move, and people to play.

I was hoping you'd know that I WANT to play Melee with you and I have nothing against you. After all, even though it was a really long drive, I was one of the ones who went to your last tourney and entered. I requested off work for it lol. Taj gave us a confirmed venue for the smashfest this Friday, and I wanted you to go so we can all play. And if you couldn't go because of a lack of transportation, I was gonna offer you a ride. That's why I was asking in my last post.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone has anything particularly against me, I just want to know if it's something I can do or if it's something I'm doing that I shouldn't. On top of that, absolutely no one responded to anything about my request for a fest. People I sent messages to through any medium did not respond. Not a single one. No one said whether or not they were coming on the boards either. No one said why either. 0% communication. Was it a bad day for literally everyone? Was everyone so busy as not to respond?

But where I got absolutely no response, you are now getting a bunch of people to agree to come. That's pretty lame of me. Further, doing that on the day I can't come instead of doing it on the other two where I was going to be hosting just sucks :/ Like, why should I even try if people can't even give me the courtesy of telling me no or advertising for me like they do for someone else? I offer and then awkwardly sit at home like... "I guess people aren't coming, but it would suck if I left and someone showed up/wanted to." I'm not saying that obligates you to be some sort of tourney spokesman to round people up, but it's like you're hauling *** now when you could have done it before just as well.

So it's a combo thing. I'm wonder why people don't seem to want to do stuff where I'm at and why did you have to be all gun-ho now and not before :\ Seems unfair somehow. I dunno, maybe this is an unjustified rant, but I've been grumbling about it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'm doing it now because I'm basically the one organizing this smashfest. I usually don't organize them, I just show up to them.

My urges to play with other people have been ridiculous lately, so I decided to "advertise" a smashfest on a day that I have off of work. I asked multiple people for a location to have it, and I purposefully went out of my way to make a hype-looking post for this smashfest, post on facebook so more people can see, and send out personal texts to people to invite them personally (not to mention post on a few people's walls on FB). All for the purpose of making this smashfest hype, and encouraging everybody to go. I also wanted at least like 5 days notice (preferably a week), so people can plan for it. I know it's likely that barely anybody would show up with only 1 - 3 days notice.

I'm sorry I'm doing this now and not before, but I never organized any smashfests before. It's been a long time since the AZ Melee scene has been together, and I've been itching to play so incredibly badly. So I decided to give it a try. Please don't think I'm trying to be mean or anything... I'm just trying to answer all of your questions thoroughly.

And please don't feel bad about "ranting" about it, because if it's bothering you, then it deserves to be spoken up about. So I'm glad you did so we can get all of this straightened out.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I'll probably be attending a lot of ppl's smashfests and visiting a lot of ppl who complain that nobody visits them next semester. I'm only taking like 4 classes at a time, and it's basically 2 classes because that's all that matters for my major/minor. That means Cori, Axe, maybe Vman (if he lightens up a little :143:). Anybody else want to be added to this list?

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'll probably be attending a lot of ppl's smashfests and visiting a lot of ppl who complain that nobody visits them next semester. I'm only taking like 4 classes at a time, and it's basically 2 classes because that's all that matters for my major/minor. That means Cori, Axe, maybe Vman (if he lightens up a little :143:). Anybody else want to be added to this list?
FTF you should come this friday of possible!! A car from Tucson might be coming up for this

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Cori the better you are the more likely you are to get people to go. That's generally how it goes.

Besides the fact of Sean's obvious absence, if he hosted something vs if just about anyone else hosted something, what do you think will get more entrants? That's just how it goes generally.

Sometimes though it is scheduling conflicts or other things of the sort.

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Cori the better you are the more likely you are to get people to go. That's generally how it goes.

Besides the fact of Sean's obvious absence, if he hosted something vs if just about anyone else hosted something, what do you think will get more entrants? That's just how it goes generally.

Sometimes though it is scheduling conflicts or other things of the sort.
speaking of sean, what has that dude been up to?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
^ Pretty much just that. He was in NorCal a couple weeks ago and played some of their people. Went to SoCal for Curley Mustache 4. Went to Vegas for EVO. Is probably going to Revelations next month.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
FTF you should come this friday of possible!! A car from Tucson might be coming up for this
I'm in CO trying to prep for the long journey to a Physics Ph.D. I get it all done now, then all I have to do during the school year is take the Physics GRE in November. Which will be tough (100+ pages, 3+ hours) and require mucho studying, but is still just one thing.

And speaking of Spanish, I learned something interesting during my recent trip to CA. Did you know "El Paso" is the proper response for a Latino quarterback when El Runo and El Kicko fail?

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Where do you live Vector Man? I'd be willing to drive to play ya :) love your vids

MT_

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop off a friendly reminder of a tournament we're holding in Austin next Saturday, July 21st. I know the drive is super long from AZ so it's unlikely that you guys will show, but just remember we'll house you guys for free and it's gonna be a great tourney!

Tchaikovsky's Iced Tea Sonata: featuring Broly and Mojo!

Top Bottom