• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
I accidentally took someone's silver controller at the smashfest mistaking it for mine. So if you're missing a silver controller, found a missing one, or got yours mixed up from the smashfest, please let me know.

Jane

Smash Hero
n-word, that post didnt originally have the phone icon.

doesnt really matter though, i was just wondering. i freaking hate that phone icon :p

Corigames

Smash Hero
n-word, that post didnt originally have the phone icon.

doesnt really matter though, i was just wondering. i freaking hate that phone icon :p
Well, considering that I made that post and edited that post from my phone on a bus, I don't see how it wasn't there to begin with... or how I could have artificially inserted it... why Samus isn't in P:M... or why you hate it...

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
I may be stacked up to come into possession of an extra GameCube and three controllers today or tomorrow if a friend of mine decides to sell them to me rather than to a different friend of hers. Assuming I do manage to get ahold of these items, who would be interested in buying them off me for $20~$30?

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Friday night is usually a good time to visit Tucson.

We have a smashfest from like 6 or 7 til midnight or so
Right on. Might be better for me to show up on a saturday or something because then I can have the car without having to pick my dad up from work. I'll see tho. Just get so sad around 4 pm =(

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You would love Tucson. We make sure we're not sad at all the WHOLE night!! The 4'o clock blues will be completely eliminated while you're with us. <3

I love plants <3

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Well, if you come to my smashfest today, I can make sure your 4-o-clock blues leave you alone for today.
o snap didnt know you were smashing today. where do you live and when is it?

You would love Tucson. We make sure we're not sad at all the WHOLE night!! The 4'o clock blues will be completely eliminated while you're with us. <3

I love plants <3
Lol this sounds amazing =)

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Cool cool, can i still come if i make it by 6:30? Wont have the car until then.

Jane

Smash Hero
would anyone like to purchase my copy of STARCRAFT 2 for $20? the only caveat is that your "real name" will be Eddie Farias and your actual sc2 username will only be changeable if you pay money (the current username is Jumanji).

let me know if interested.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Confirmed that I can get the GC + controllers! Don't have them in hand yet, but will either today or next week.

I think I'm going to let a friend of mine have first dibs if he wants them (he plays Melee with me fairly often, but doesn't own a controller, a GC, or a copy of Melee), but my guess is he won't. Either way, I'll be bringing them to the tourneys/Smashfests I attend until someone buys them off me. I can look for an extra copy of Melee while I'm out here, too, if ppl are interested.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Just got back from Z3, a CO P:M/Brawl/Melee tournament. The highlight of the tournament was the part where the Melee tournament never actually happened because the guy running the P:M tourney *coughInterimOfZealcough* was an unbelievably incompetent TO. We arrived a little before noon and had a complete Melee setup with friendly singles/teams going non-stop. The P:M tourney started between 12:00 and 1:00 PM, 32 players, at least 8 setups, and when my brother and I left in disgust at 8:30 PM, P:M Winners Finals were just starting. CloudChaser, aka Z (as in, Z3) who organized the event as a whole at his dad's house, was forced to start the Brawl tournament during the P:M tournament despite the fact that everybody in P:M also entered Brawl just so that he could get it done before it got too late.

Honestly, given the small CO interest in Melee (8~10 people, including those from UT and KS), I probably could have and should have run an entire Melee double-elim bracket (or round-robin, so that someone playing a P:M/Brawl match wouldn't hold up the whole thing) on our single TV/setup in the time it took InterimOfZe--I mean, the TO running the P:M tourney to get to Winners Finals.

Can't wait to get back to the AZ scene, where there is interest in Melee and tourneys are run by competent TOs.

EDIT: Highlight #2 was me and my kid brother absolutely wrecking everybody else who came for Melee.
Highlight #3 was the self-proclaimed "top" Falcon in CO trash-talking me for weeks before Z3, telling me how "****ty" of a player I am and how bad he was going to "whoop my ***," the exact same things he said before the MM that I wrecked him in, but not daring to even challenge me to a single friendly during the 8 hours he spent within 10 ft of me. Seeing me 3-stocking half the scene with G&W probably didn't help his courage much :143:

2nd EDIT: Highlight #4 was me apparently thinking, "Oh, I'll just record tourney matches and not overheat my puny laptop" and not recording any of the friendlies, damnit.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So what you're saying is I could probably wreck the entire CO scene with my jank secondaries? xD

How does their PM scene compare to AZs in terms of skill?

Jane

Smash Hero
Highlight #3 was the self-proclaimed "top" Falcon in CO trash-talking me for weeks before Z3, telling me how "****ty" of a player I am and how bad he was going to "whoop my ***," the exact same things he said before the MM that I wrecked him in, but not daring to even challenge me to a single friendly during the 8 hours he spent within 10 ft of me. Seeing me 3-stocking half the scene with G&W probably didn't help his courage much :143:
i was expecting you to say that you at the very least challenged him to an MM and he ****ied out. son...

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
top falcon in CO?

your mother must be so proud of you
lol, sarcastic Tai is sarcastic today.

So what you're saying is I could probably wreck the entire CO scene with my jank secondaries? xD
Been there, done that.

I would destroy everyone in Colorado <3
See above.

So Kyle/Tucson, you guys should come up this weekend and hang out, I would love you forever if you did :D

And of course, there would be smash... and other activities.

Top Bottom