• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AXE 09

Smash Master
This Friday is gonna be TIGHT!!!

If Yuma could make it to this... that would be absolutely incredible. I promise you guys, it'll be worth it!!!

:phone:

AXE 09

Smash Master
Well in my opinion, both Taj and Vman have the best venues for Melee because of their abundance of space, and multiple setups including large lag-less tv's (especially in Vman's case). Sulla, where do you live? If you ever wanted to go to SV, I would definitely be down to go with you

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
It all depends on aberz but if we go we have to get more games in you are my favorite person to play haha

AXE 09

Smash Master
I am so down :) Trust me, you guys don't want to miss this.

2pm, this Friday, Taj's house. Stay as late as any of you guys would like.

HYPE!!!

I'm so freakin excited for this lol

Oh and also, is there anyone that lives on the way from my place to Taj's place who needs a ride? I'm coming from the far West side of Phoenix, traveling down i10.

I was gonna pick up k9/Kira but they're not sure if they're coming. So I have room in my car :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
If I get off from work at 5, is there anyone going late that can take me?
Edit:
I have it off, so I can go whenever if I get a ride.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Just asking a question here but would any of you be interested if yuma made a tourney? I'm talking like regional. Aberz and I have been discussing it since we are in between socal and phoenix.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I think that would be great :) I would definitely be willing to drive to Yuma for a regional, and bring 4 or 5 people in my car. I feel that halfway in between would be perfect imo. We just need to make sure to advertise well and have a good venue

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if you guys could come. If we do it we would have to announce it a year in advance to make sure everything goes well. The thing that sucks is we will probably have to do brawl so we can pay for the venue

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i would be incredibly down for this, but socal probably isn't coming back to az for a long time cuz of our 0-2 record

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
The problem also lies in the fact that neighboring states either don't have enough people to also bring, or just straight up don't want to come.

We could advertise in advance and I could guarantee most of Texas still just wouldn't want to come.

The reason that that NW major did so well is because Oregon actually brought like 20 or so people to it. All we have is AZ and maybe 6-7 NM people. That still isn't a lot really.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
The whole yuma scene is planning this. In fact I'm going to go look at a venue right now

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Also, tensions are probably still strained for intrastate relations from the going-ons of Nyte.
that's what i meant by "our 0-2 record"

they were disappointed when we hosted SAST2 in 2007, and they were faaaaaaaaarrrr more disappointed by NYTE. i am pretty sure that socal is not going to come back to arizona for the rest of melee's lifespan unless.......

a) someone really known and respected *cough* taj *cough* hosts it
b) some generous individual throws $500 dollars into the pot

The whole yuma scene is planning this. In fact I'm going to go look at a venue right now
the whole yuma scene + rest of AZ + one car from NM + two cars from socal only MIIIIIGGGGHT constitute a regional..... if we're lucky.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
It would still be cool to have all of you here if we can get it going. If we get the venue it has free wifi so we could stream it

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol I'm just saying. Regardless if Socal decides to come or not, Yuma can still count on me going, along with whoever wants to go with me

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have no qualms with attending such an event. Nyte is basically the only regional that I've participated in, and I found my placement beyond disappointing. I would like to attend more, but going OOS is so costly. Having another AZ regional would help me play against people from other states, gain experience, and see how I fair in the greater community.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I want revenge against you cori. Why you so good? But yea in just the yuma scene we have about 15 people that play smash competitively

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Im hyped for tomorrow! Still need directions to TAJ's place, ill prob just call tai tomorrow. O and can someone bring me a controller, yea I know I'm a noob :)

Edit: o yea, I like em loose ;) but ill take what i can get

Sulla

Smash Rookie
Love the phoenix smashers! Cori your samus is sick. Wobbles good games man, know ull get past that uptilt ;) thanks to taj's household for hosting us and to axe for throwing it together. Crews was awesome!

AXE 09

Smash Master
This smashfest was so freakin fun.

And crews were so hype!!! We need to do that again in the future. I want a rematch lol :p

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Good job to Team 1! Next smash fest, you guys get pizza. :D

Team A, it was a good match, both Aces had 4 stocks so it doesn't get much better than that. Perhaps using your 420_Xx_W33D|)124G0N_xX_420 stock a little more wisely may have secured it for you. But, he was a wild card after all.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Very fun smashfest. I'm sorry for acting the way I did during crew battles, especially towards Frosty. I got carried away and I'll make sure not to in the future.

Top Bottom