• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
many players of relative skill that are usually down to Nytespike you into oblivion.
Thanks, Corey.

But sillyness aside, Tucson is the strongest Melee city, but our strongest players are in Phoenix. It's a good place. More than likely, you can arrange a random smashfest any time of the week, or on a friday since the TV lounge is always open late.

Protip: Learn how to use pencils to turn on TVs.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
phoenix is probably gonna go hard with the smashfests soon now that coty has a house that is very compatible with smashfests.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Update: I have run into some ******** scheduling issues. My schedule next semester will be identical egardless of whether I decide to graduate by turning by dual major into a major and a minor, or if I decide to wait the extra semester (literally running out of classes to take, tho), and that schedule happens to be super-easy. So after dropping off the face of the earth this semester, I'll probably be back with a vengeance.

oksas

oak-sauce
Hey all; I might be going to UA in the fall and was wondering what the melee scene is like in Tucson. (Yes, it may be a tough enough decision that this swings it one way or the other.)

if you live on campus, i will be living 1 block away from campus next semester and can smash semi regularly

under the condition that you stop playing samus.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Tell me when the smashfests will be at least a few hours ahead of time. I may need to walk or bus and those take time.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Let me play with your laptop for a bit next time I see you. I wanna see if I can get VirtualDub to work. I think it might produce significantly better quality, but I'm not sure.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Bliss. Joy. Excitement.
Content ignorance met drive.
Drive lead to knowledge. Understanding.
Goals powered determination.
Belief.
Determination beget expectation.
Expectations unmet.
Failure festered hopelessness.
Hopelessness seeded frustration.
Shame. Fear. Anger. Sorrow. Pride.
Contempt for others.
For self.
No belief.
Breakdown.
Confusion. Fury.
Why? Where did it go?
Did it leave me?
I left it.
Focus? On what?
What do I have wrong?
Is it this? No. Is it that? No.
They hate me.
What's happened?
What should I do?
Who can help?
Start over. Start again.
That... that's it. From the beginning.
Do everything, expect nothing.
Give everything, just believe.
Fun? Satisfaction?
I remember now.
After years, I feel it.
I know this feeling.
I've been a fool. I'm sorry, even for this. It must be stated though, it's my way.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. TAJ (he entered THC3 jajaja)
4. GG7
5/6. Tai/Silly Kyle (I'd still put myself, but if Kyle does way better than me at NYTE, he can take it)
7/8/9. Rubyiris/Jetfour/Falcoty
10. OkamiBW

EDIT-
Honorable mentions: Angel, Corigames, Girku, Vectorman

Corigames

Smash Hero
<3 I'm honored <3

V But, Jackie... but... Jackie... D : You can't be done forever, no one is. Well, except for those that are, but that's not you!

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be suprised if I did. I've gone to tourneys on only a quarter basis, so I've only gotten less active rather than officialy retire. However, now that Kyle and Xander have gotten to surpass me, I can retire without being a dlck and pulling a Michael Jordan. Chris and I are also more focused on our nongaming goals. He is becoming more guitarist than gamer, and I'm focusing more on my other arts as well. I know if I do a wall of text about retiring, then it won't happen lol.

:phone:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Don't say that you're retiring then. People that don't say anything and fade away come back less often. :)

I don't have much time to play anymore either, but I still love you guys enough to play when I can. :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
sorry about the delay on the tourney vids

xsplit is now unable to record in AAC unless you get a paid license
and free users have to use some ****ty codec called speex

i've been trying to figure out how to split these videos while preserving the audio, because speex is incompatible with pretty much every program i've tried so far (incidentally, it's fine on youtube, but all the matches were recorded in one giant chunk)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
sorry about the delay on the tourney vids

xsplit is now unable to record in AAC unless you get a paid license
and free users have to use some ****ty codec called speex

i've been trying to figure out how to split these videos while preserving the audio, because speex is incompatible with pretty much every program i've tried so far (incidentally, it's fine on youtube, but all the matches were recorded in one giant chunk)
add it to YT as one big chunk but slap timestamps on when each new set starts in the description.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
actually, could i upload it to your channel and then download the MP4? that way, i'll be able to download the video in a more manageable format.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Wobbles
2. Axe
3. TAJ (he entered THC3 jajaja)
4. GG7
5/6. Tai/Silly Kyle (I'd still put myself, but if Kyle does way better than me at NYTE, he can take it)
7/8/9. Rubyiris/Jetfour/Falcoty
10. OkamiBW

EDIT-
Honorable mentions: Angel, Corigames, Girku, Vectorman
Finalized PR IMO

1. Wobbles (has beaten Axe in like, every set they've played in the past year, has went even with or outplaced Axe at every tournament they've both been to in the past year or two)
2. Axe (beats everyone else)
3. TAJ (got 3rd at Genesis 2, and since AZ > World, then he deserves 3rd at best on our PR LOOOOL)
4. GG7 (beats everyone below him)
5. Tai (I have recent winning records vs all the people below me, despite losses in recent times)
6. Silly Kyle (is gay, and since playing gay is good, he's pretty good)
7. Jetfour (his record is pretty much comparable to Xander's... they've both beaten Kyle once or twice recently, they've both beaten each other, and they have some randomish losses here and there, but the main deciding factors for me were that Jackie has taken sets off of me and Coty recently)
8. Rubyiris (usually beats Okami, has beaten Jackie, has beaten Kyle)
9. Okami (usually loses to Rubyiris, has never beaten Kyle at a statewide tourney, has been beating Coty recently, has beaten me in a set recently)
10. Falcoty (usually beats Rubyiris, has never beaten Kyle, has been losing to Okami recently, has not beaten me in a set since 2007 or 2008)

Honorable mentions (in alphabetical order): Angel, Corigames, Girku, Vectorman

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
or if vectorman wants to just go ahead and tack my list onto the op, so be it

one man parliament =/= dictatorship

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
one man parliament =/= dictatorship
I almost wanted to say that's correct because at least a one-man parliament is bound to some form of accountability and responsibility, on top of being an elected official, but then I remembered you're just saying it to make everyone else shut up and listen :nessmelee:

Top Bottom