• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I hope you don't get an infraction for such a highly intelligent and well written post that inspires men to true greatness and brings world peace.

Shadowclaw2!!! The venue wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, so I couldn't show the new trailer. :(

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Sean. Nice job at OC3. Tony, you too. Not third, but not bad. :)

Many thanks for the greatness you brought to AZ. If you still have it in you, hope to see you in Brawl.

Where are you at now, Sean? Coming back to AZ? Stickin' around for Evo West? I think it's been, like, 8 months since I've seen you guys.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
No love for me.

Although AZ got seriously screwed from the brackets: This was MY OC3 experience for singles.

Pools play out as normally, thankfully, but I lose to Edreese and make violently loud angry noises. I apologize for them later, but I'm really not sorry. Except that I am.

My bracket is the fun part:

First round - Win against Mr. PBody.

Second round - Lose to M2K. All still going to plan, I guess.

Third round - Fighting... Trevyn. Wait, what the hell? Biggest tournament of ever and I play an AZ'er 3rd round? I manage to win and eliminate him and I'm really not too happy about it.
Fourth round - Win against DSF. Awesome, and kind of a lift from playing Trevyn.

Fifth round - Win against Omar. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NOT ANOTHER AZ PLAYER. That's the second one, and only my fifth match. A little strange in a 128 man bracket.

Sixth round - Win against DJ Combo. Washington player, good Marth. Hard fight.

Seventh round - Taj. The guy I teamed with, drove with, housed with, practice with constantly. ;LKGJASEHIGUASHDORITHAERLITUHAEL. He gives me the match, but we lie and say I won 2-1 to appease Manacloud who wouldn't let us switch.

Eighth round - Forward. I repeat, slightly paraprashing: s;lkjt;lawkejthLKJTHlwkejrhtgalsdkrjht.JHLAEKJRHTALDKJHGlokjhaelktjh. In eight rounds I play 4 people I know and have played repeatedly in the past. Good times.

Because Tony was good enough to concede to me, he only got 17th place. Because Sean and I played, I got 13th. Because I played against Trevyn early, he gets like 40 or 50 somethingth. And Omar only gets around 30something when he's definitely good enough to make it way higher. Thanks Manacloud for forcing us to stick to the rules and pay massive cash to play people we play all the time. I understand where you're coming from, but t;LQWKHASDKJFBVAOSIDRUHTPAWEI4UTYAOEPIUHGLIZDRUGYOiuh.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Wobbles. That does suck. It's really too bad. OC3 had the potential to be such an amazing tourney too. And this whole money thing could have been avoided by keeping funds information transparent from the beginning. A shame really...

A lot of us Az guys should go to Super Champ Combo. Tony already put a post on their thread, and I'm already in the process of convincing Alicia ;).

It's not for another 2 months, isn't that far, and from what I hear, Neal is a way better host than Manacloud...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea! And here in Arizona we like getting the long end of the... stick... err... oh boy...

But seriously, Super Champ Combo. Let's do it.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Pull out the long one, Taj!

Edit: I just read Sean's shoutout for the OC3 thread and read that he was retiring. This saddens me, but I know we must all do it someday. It's like watching Cal Ripken Jr. retire. Sean, you are my idol, son. I hope you don't give up Smash all together because you are truly the best. Good luck in whatever you want to do. We all know you can do it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
omg shadow claw 2!!! dang i can't wait to see that. just wondering, was that pikachu in shadow claw 1 me getting pwned? if so, then THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!! lol. cuz that looked really familiar to when i got owned at AZone.

dang Wobbles... that really sux. that's stupid. darn those guys for making all the AZ players go against each other! that's seriously not fair, AZ got rigged this time

WHAT! Sean retiring?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? but he's my favorite falco player... noooooooo!!!! darn it! that's not cool... but i guess you're right, we all have to eventually :(

hey check it out, we're on page 100 lol

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah I saw the brackets and I was like wtf AZ gets to play eachother that's pretty cool...

Forward that really sucks man. Are you still going to play casually?

Elysium

Smash Lord
First tourney i went to I dominated with link! it was like a 30 man tourney, then I went to OC2 thinking I was the ****, and well lets just say I didnt do that well >.> I got 4 stocked twice by Taj's mewtwo, it was seriously a depressing day, (I thought Mewtwo sucked balls) It was later I found out that Taj was a pro Mewtwo player, seeing as he was fighting ken in the Semi-finals.
That made me laugh.

And then I found this when I was looking at Yoshi combo vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4&mode=related&search=

So if Taj is the easiest.... looks like I have some work to do then huh?:laugh:

Oh and since everyone here seems to be on first name basis, I'm Andrew

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
hey where's the super champ combo tourney thread. looked for it in regional zones and tourney discussion, couldn't find it.

edit - found it. im def going to this, can't miss it

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey anyone going to SCC:

If Alicia and I were to hypothetically get a plane ride out to Ontario Airport, would anyone who is driving be able to give us a hand in getting to/from our hotel and the venue. The hotels we're looking at are about 2.5 miles away from the venue, not far at all, but perhaps out of walking distance. Also, maybe to/from the airport (Ontario Int'l) which is about 20 miles away. (According to nealdt: it's 25 minutes away)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
I AM BY POWER AND BASELINE. I live on Higley.
lol i feel like taj is being ignored here lol. taj i'd smash with you if i lived in phx. if i ever visit me and whiplash will hit you up! haha.

hey altf4 if i end up driving myself i'll be glad to give you a ride to and from the venue, my name is abel by the way (i've been to a couple things in phx but i dont think i've ever met you), but just extending that option your way.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes Shiv, we need to find a place. You guys wanna play tomorrow? Manny's place? I'm sure he's cool with it.

Oakie: Thanks for the offer. I'll know soon on exactly what/where we'll be.

blank38

Smash Rookie
hahaha okay.
if you can find some more people or a house to play i will.
i just dont want any bro **** here.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Manny's place...that's forever away. I was hoping to stay in E. Mesa. Who do we have lined up?

Tony
Blank
You
Me
Manny, right?

That's not a lot, and I'm not even sure if I can go. Greg, Brad, maybe you guys want to go? But, I guess you'd be going far out of your way to pick me up.

Also, what time are we looking at? Do you want to make this a tournament? I always prefer that. But then, this is very last-minute and minimal.

Can you give me the address?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if there's anyone between you and Manny that we could go to. For the record, I'm up in northern Phoenix, but you have to drive a ways to play anyone around here.

Do you drive yet Shiv?

Manny's holding a tournament next weekend, so this time would be better off as just a smashfest.

Oh, and yes, Light and Dark I'm sure will come. They always come and often drive considerable distances to do so.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
K well we can't do anything tomorrow at my place since I am staying at the Downtown Phoenix Hyatt on Friday Night through Sunday Morning, for work related praising and free food.

Also I am going to SunSplash or Big Surf this Sunday, and who ever wants to join me and some family and friends you are more than welcomed. Just call me. My number is everywhere so go look for it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not sure when I said it, but remember when I said I may have to resort to violance to get into the top 10... what do you think made forward want to retire?

It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're still planning on getting together. There's like 8 people so far. We just need a place to go since Manny's gonna be gone.

I'd offer, but I'm really far out of the way. Surely there is a house we can go to. Or what about your school campus Trent? As usual, I can bring a TV if needed.

LoudGhost!

Smash Cadet
So I live in California until Monday.

Then I'm moving to some place in AZ called Prescott Valley?

Anyone know where that is?

I'm leaving my crew behind

And I need smash

lawlz

Top Bottom