• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The rules usually say "no techniques to *excessively* stall a match". Peach has a technique called the wall bomb where she can stay against a wall forever. The rules just say that you're not allowed to spend an entire match down below a level waiting for time to run out. Same thing for jigglypuff, who can use pound to stay in the air indefinitely.

Samus's bomb hop isn't infinite. You can only stay in the air for so long using it, thus there is no restriction to doing it.

The rule is there to keep someone from doing a couple percent of damage, then hiding away for the rest of the match where the other guy can't get him. Don't worry about it.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Alright, cool. I'll try and be there if I can. Maybe bring a friend if at all possible.

I just really hope I have Friday off now. I wasn't expecting there to be a Tournament around here. Especially so soon after I posted. *laugh*

I should have posted sooner. >_< Then I could have requested Friday off.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Or Jigglypuff on stages like Pokefloats or Mute being beyond recovery unless she stalls with the forward+b until the level lets her live. That's permitted as well, as it constitutes a recovery form of the stall.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh boy, another Samus! We're raising in numbers guys.

Like I said before, there WILL be one in the top ten one day.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol im THE only Dark in town, i am the darkness!!
welcome to AZ though, i live in Tempe too, you should go to the tourney tomorrow, its gonna be hella fun

Sizzle

I paint controllers
What Darkfur has in his awesome join date, I think Dark has in experience. Dark and Light get my vote for best travelled for AZ. They've prob played every person that is on the competitive scene in our fine state.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, Light and Dark travel SOOOOO much to play. It's crazy. They should seriously start logging miles. Just for ****s, you know.

And that includes picking my and Alicia's ***** up from the middle of ****ing Van Buren after midnight. (Long story...)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I've got good news. I had to work Friday but a good friend of mine offered to pick up my shift. ^^

Now I just gotta find out the exact location in comparison from where I am. It shouldn't be too far. I live on Hardy. And I'm set. I don't mind using a different handle. [Hope. Mala isn't taken if so] I look forward to playing lots of people.

Will there be time for friendlies at this thing? My friend Soma said it's a good idea to play a lot of people, even if I know I'll lose and ask what they feel I should work on and get advice. I want to get better and want to learn.

Edit: Holy Crap, I can practically walk there. I live like, directly west of that location, on Hardy. I'll still probably bus it up baseline though. Me = Hates walking in the sun.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy ****. I was messing around as Marth against a lvl 1 falco on Battlefield. I was going to edge guard it with a forward smash and it ****ing ledge teched my smash! A lvl 1 cpu! On Battlefield! ****! No joke.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
it was no problem Dan, i appreciate all of u guys. and i like to try and help everyone out in any way possible
any aways, lvl 1 cpu is too good!!

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
I main fox mostly. [Because I absolutely adore foxes. *laugh*]

I'm also somewhat shy. *laugh* Only just got the nerve to post here after my friend Soma suggested it to me a few weeks ago. If anyone is interested, please give me a PM or post here or whatever.
haha thats funny, I started to play fox because i love foxes too lol. but anyways, your friend Soma, is his name Pete by the way? and does he play or used to play alot of warcraft 3? If so i'm pretty sure I know him.

Somasu

Smash Ace
haha thats funny, I started to play fox because i love foxes too lol. but anyways, your friend Soma, is his name Pete by the way? and does he play or used to play alot of warcraft 3? If so i'm pretty sure I know him.
Nope =P His friend Soma would happen to be me, and my name is Thomas.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Darkfur: I offer Smash training services. Payment is received in the form of cash or delicious treats and beverages. :)
I'm afraid that, due to my financially poor college student status, I can't really afford a required price above. "A new friend" Sorry. :/ Heck, by the end of each month I usually have somewhere between 6-9 dollars in my account total. *laugh*

But what I'd really like is a friend or friends I can play against and learn stuff from. Kinda like Soma back in GA. Stupid 3300 mile difference. *laugh*

CHUK

Smash Ace
Heh, that sucks. I just reccomend practicing advanced techniques against a level 1. Watch the Waq videos, also finding a friend that destroys you repeatedly helps. I can't wait for the next tourny. Taj I call johns on our Money match, next time I will powerade MM you (I know you like Gatorade but Powerade is what I have, plus it is not like you will get it :p (JAYKAY)). So now that Goop isn't hosting where will the next tourny be. STB I will try to make it next Saturday.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
hey just wondering if anyone is interested in playing some smash sometime.kinda bored so i thought id ask because there is no tournies happening for awhile.

Corigames

Smash Hero
That reminds me Taj, are you open this week end for training me? If so, quickly contact me so I can prepare the treat pile. I just want to get some awesome training before heading home.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to team for my tourney on Labor Day?

Trent?? Shiv? Maybe Chuckie if he goes??

Corigames

Smash Hero
If Joe does come, I'll team with ya goop.

Or... is Taj open? Or is Wobbles coming? Wobbles should team with me!

/cry

South_Paw

Smash Ace
This must be what happens when you retire... someone with your name comes and replaces you...

wait, where's the new Trent?....... *gasp*......HE LIESSSSS!!!!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know it's a bit short notice, but *clears throat*

Smash at Goop's Place!!

I'm lookin' at you, Chuk. And all the other new guys too.

Later

Top Bottom