• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
****, is Manny's place the only venue to smash in? Seriosly, once Alicia and I get a place we'll have regular smashfests.

It's already 6, so I'm guessing we're not smashing tonight. Maybe tomorrow?

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
K well we can't do anything tomorrow at my place since I am staying at the Downtown Phoenix Hyatt on Friday Night through Sunday Morning, for work related praising and free food.

Also I am going to SunSplash or Big Surf this Sunday, and who ever wants to join me and some family and friends you are more than welcomed. Just call me. My number is everywhere so go look for it.
Yeah! I'm going fer sure!:laugh:

Fish

Smash Rookie
Where can I play?! I havnt played in the AZ smash scene for a year or two.

LETS DO THIS. LEEROYYYY

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know when a tourny is gonna happen? (besides goops )i was really looking forward to wcc but thats not gonna happen. maybe b-will is gonna host one.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Elysium, are you able to goto Phoenix? If you didn't live far then I would be up for smash more. Yo, Goop are you doing anything on Sunday -Wednesday? I'm up for smash, you don't live too far from me and I wasn't able to get a ride before.

EDIT: Why the **** am I up this late? lol.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hi, you can always count on Goop to have something scheming in his mind. I'd ask him first and foremost. Secondly, where in Pheonix? Lastly, have you played Taj? You should MM him.

Welcome to smash AZ

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My oh my. So many new people popping up.

Everyone should go to Goop's tournament this Friday. It'll be a good time. The thread should be close to this one.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Brandon and Casey's place is almost always open to Smashfests. They live on Lindsay and Pecos which is near Gilbert Rd and the 202.

SoS_Dagg3r89

Smash Rookie
I would like a good smash if anyone lives near me...

Surprise, AZ.

PM me and i'll get to you about an address

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Only two Smashers that I know of live in Surprise, and none of them are very active right now. Your best bet would be Glendale, we're active pretty much every week.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
yeah photoshop sigs are so last century dude, its all about paint sigz. im thinking about paying butters to make me one, i hear he's the best in the business...

Corigames

Smash Hero
HEY, I have mad respect for MS paint, but not for diabolic, demonic scribblings that inhabit the signature of a formidable player. One nearly uncomparable to the lowest beasts of the last rings of Hell, and are one of the beings that haunts dreams.

In these cases, I'm sure that Photoshop could form some sort of exorcism. No offense to the creator or this demon of course.

Of course I'm j/k, chill. :p

CHUK

Smash Ace
Who all here is going to Super Champ Combo? I might go, I will most likely need a teamy by then.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hello everyone, I'm Jon, though most of my friends just call me Dark. I'm by no means the best smasher in the world, but I have been playing since the game first came out. I am however, new to the tournament scene having just recently attended my first one when I went home to GA a while ago. I'd gone to meet a friend and had a lot of fun even though I got my tail whipped.

I'm back in AZ now, Tempe and I was wondering if there was anyone in my area I could maybe play sometime. I'm not the best, but I feel I'm getting better. I've started to be able to tech most of the time off of the ground and such, but nothing big. (Though I was practicing for a time.) Basically I'm wondering if there's anyone around I can befriend who is patient and can show me the ropes and the like and wouldn't mind playing a casual player wanting to look into the tourney scene.

I main fox mostly. [Because I absolutely adore foxes. *laugh*]

I'm also somewhat shy. *laugh* Only just got the nerve to post here after my friend Soma suggested it to me a few weeks ago. If anyone is interested, please give me a PM or post here or whatever.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, welcome to Az! You'd be hard pressed to find better competition than in Tempe!

There's a tourney going on this friday. Look here. There's a bunch of new people coming too, so don't worry about that.

EDIT: Oh, no! We already have a player named Dark. You're going to have to fight to the death with him. ;)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, my attendance will have to depend on whether I work or not, but I certainly want to.

I feel I should warn them though. I haven't lost a fight to the death yet. ~_^

Seriously though, I have other handles so it's all good. I'm curious though...

"- No using moves or techniques to stall the match (i.e. Jiggypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Bomb Jump), if you are determined to be stalling you will receive a warning"

Is that referring to Samus's bomb jump? Or does Peach have something I don't know about. And when it says purposely stalling, what do they mean? If you get flung out far with Samus and can make it back using the bomb jump, are you not allowed or something? I am somewhat confused. about this.

Top Bottom