• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Well, hey, we should play!

How good are you Taj?

...Really, I need to play some people. We need to set something up.

Good luck, OC3'ers.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you want to make a ton of money, play Taj. He practically gives it away in Money Matches. Yeah, like Return to Sender said, he uses MewTwo. Bottom of the bottom teir. Wow. I suggest jumping in with all your money, no friendlies before or he might catch your mind-games.

I'm going to a LAN tonight, should be fun.

On another side note, just started playing Guild Wars and the UAT guild is up and running again. Looking for noobs to gain faction off of. Challenge us.

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha yeah i know seriously. Taj isn't good at all. trust me. there's like no way he could ever 4 stock ANYONE, ESPECIALLY me. if he ever 4 stocked me that'd be so embarassing, i might as well quit smash if that ever happened

Corigames

Smash Hero
He might as well be taken out because no body, NO BODY GOOD AT LEAST, plays him. When was the last time MewTwo won a match, let alone tourny or MM?
*insert roll-eyes now*

It is basically a ritual here in AZ tempe/pheonix to MM Taj before you are accepted by its smash community. Take his money and buy a new controller or something.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I know Taj278 can't beat me.

First of all, the tire list tells me that Mewtwo is Bottom Teir. And since I use Fox, who is Top Tire, I'm almost guaranteed to win.

Plus, I've had years of training with my friends. I beat them all the time, so now I'm looking for a new challenge. But I hope AZ has someone better to offer than this Taj guy!

I like to use Fox's Reflector. I can use it to reflect projectiles, and...something else!

CHUK

Smash Ace
Forward represent AZ well in singles! I hope all you guys do well in everything but I seriously think you have a serious chance Forward, take it home! AZ!

AXE 09

Smash Master
use fox's reflector for something else besides reflecting objects? ha! good one. fox's reflector isn't even worth using. i mean, it can only reflect projectiles.... i wish someone would find a new use for fox's reflector. maybe an attack or combo of some sort.... if only it were possible

and yeah, i think forward has a GREAT chance of winning! he's definately my favorite falco player lol. good luck forward!!!

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Condolences for the loss, but congrats for the close games, Tony, Rob. Sean, where were you in teams?

Even more praise for Omar. Good games.

Represent tomorrow.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I know Taj278 can't beat me.

First of all, the tire list tells me that Mewtwo is Bottom Teir. And since I use Fox, who is Top Tire, I'm almost guaranteed to win.

Plus, I've had years of training with my friends. I beat them all the time, so now I'm looking for a new challenge. But I hope AZ has someone better to offer than this Taj guy!
1.) Tiers don't mean victory. The keyword in there is almost. I believe Chu Dat plays Pichu and tears the best of them up. 2nd "worst" character in melee beating marths out there. That takes some serious skill.

2.) I'm sure if you were really looking for the best AZ has to offer, you might bite off more than you can chew, but then again, I've never seen you play. I'm not saying I'm even close to one of the best in AZ... at least not anymore. So meet up with some people and you might find that challenge your looking for.

3.) Cross your fingers we get Online for Brawl, that way were not limited to distance for a good challenge.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol Elysium, we were just messing around. i have enough experience to know that the tier list doesn't matter. i made it this far using a pikachu... but then again i do use fox too lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
Casual as hell. I always play on a laggy TV, so none of my victories truely count. Plus, I've only been to two real tournaments outside my own house. I still think, though, that I'm good and could aspire to be the best, but certainly not in time before Brawl comes out!

Anyway... AZ noobs still need to MM Taj's MewTwo >_>
...for the lols...

Elysium

Smash Lord
Casual as hell. I always play on a laggy TV, so none of my victories truely count. Plus, I've only been to two real tournaments outside my own house. I still think, though, that I'm good and could aspire to be the best, but certainly not in time before Brawl comes out!

Anyway... AZ noobs still need to MM Taj's MewTwo >_>
...for the lols...
We should all get together and smash. Someone set a date and I'll get out of work and go to get beatdown. :laugh:

AXE 09

Smash Master
i can't wait to see it either!!! where can i get the DVD? i didn't even know there was one for OC2 until today lol. hmmm... i don't understand your question elysium

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Shiv Knight....that's actually my handle in a couple places, now. Shivknight, actually. From days ago...

Schools starting soon. Somebody throw a Mesa tournament. Trent, where are you living these days anyway?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love this thread, lol.

We should all get together this weekend. That'd be cool. It would be nice to see some new faces too.

EDIT: Oh ****, Sean just eliminated Bombsoldier from OC3! The man needs a party.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Lol this thread is too good. So I'm still in CA for Freshman Orientation but I assume the rest of the group I came with made it home safely. I don't want to publicly bash OC3 like many have because its not my personality to do it. If you want to hear my opinion on the tourney you can IM me, PM me, or whatever but I will say that I had a good time despite many things that were disappointing going on around me.

Elysium

Smash Lord
i can't wait to see it either!!! where can i get the DVD? i didn't even know there was one for OC2 until today lol. hmmm... i don't understand your question elysium
I'm assuming you meant the casual player question. Since Pros seem to be at a higher skill level then casual players, I was just trying to figure how good everyone is.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Heres how good everyone is.

Take everyone you see here...they are better than you.

Then add another couple dozen youd dont see here...they are even better

Then theres Taj who sucks play him.

Then you.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Speaking of OC3...

OC3 was a an experience. I mean the Smashing was EXCELLENT--nothing could have gone better as far as gameplay was concerned. STB stayed up til four in the morning just Smashing with people. Let's see I got to play with PC and bone in pools, I played with Simna, T!MMY, Eddie, and KOS-MOS. I also played against DJ Combo and Silent Wolf in Doubles. That is awesome. The Smashing was incredible. PKMVodka and Chesterr01 stayed with us before the venue, and we went to Six Flags. I can't remember me having more fun.

The venue was an utter disappointment, though. I mean AZOne was held at a more spacious area, not to mention the money distribution at by Sean was perfect whereas the one at OC3 was sketchy. Anywho, I think I was the only non-top 10 ranked player in AZ to make it into the brackets. That feels good, but I'm sad that I couldn't stay for the whole thing. I saw Sean manhandle Bombsoldier, reassuring me of forward's greatness, and no doubt ceasing the YouTubeNoob's BS obsession for good. BS was a good guy, though. But Sean is from AZ, making him too hot to handle.

I would post this in some kind of OC3 discussion thread, but they're both closed, and I doubt Ken or Mana want to make one before the anger subsides, or even at all. Plus, I figured that you guys wouldn't laugh at me too hard seeing as how we're Arizonian's. AZ TOO GOOD.

We missed you B-Will. You too, Robbie.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
shoulda told me you left g-mo, i could have taken your place in the brakets. i only did it for the losers after you got disqualified from the winners bracket, thats when i called you. then i played under your name in the losers against Mike Y. hes a cool guy, lol he was saying "are you g-mo" to me, then im like "nah, im maxxpower!" then he says "i thought your dark, your wearing all black, also i played you in pools yesterday in teams"
lol i just laughed and played it off, then he pretty much ***** me 1st battle, 3 stocked me. then i counterpicked FD against his marth with my sheik and got him down to 1 stock, almost too close to call, anyones game.
then i told him i was dark and he just laughed, and we talked for a bit.

but other then that OC3 sucked balls, everyone is complaining, then venue sucked, bombsoldier sucked too. hes pretty much stayed the same skill level maybe even lost some skills, but he got owned by Forward. it was too hot and hard to move around areas. and now theres more then like 6-8k worth of money that may have been hoarded by Ken or Mana. nothing added up right with the payouts.
yeah the friendlies here and there were fun, playing all the new people and some pros. but this tourney was so overally hyped. i cant discuss this anywhere else cause they wont open a thread to discuss this tourney and the OC3 thread was closed cause of so many people talking **** about it and just more comnplaints

AXE 09

Smash Master
I'm assuming you meant the casual player question. Since Pros seem to be at a higher skill level then casual players, I was just trying to figure how good everyone is.
oh i see. somehow i made it to #10 in arizona lol. just barely on the list but i'm still there :p

dang... i really wish i could've gone to OC3. even if it was hot, it'd be worth it to play pros like PC, Ken, and i've always wanted to play bombsoldier lol. but i have been hearing that he's overrated after everything that happened this past weekend at the tourney.

lol taj. man, you gotta MM this guy before he changes his mind and decides to keep this money. trust me, he's easy. i've fought him like a million times and it's a peace of cake

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol, yeah i know... i had her man, i had her on the run and kept knocking her outta the stage on FD but she kept making it back, then i was at 80% and i got the very edge and she grabbed a turnip and threw it at me, followed by her f-air and then i tried rolling back which was stupid of me, then i get hit by the turnip and by the f-air, lol followed with me DI-ing back cause of the roll, killed me, lol flew way back and no way to make it back at all...
i took the 2nd match from her when she had a 2 stock lead, but it was still fun. lol i lost to hella too, but i only lost cause of my many many mistakes from the same move. lol turnip to f-air, i kept falling for it and it caused me so much dmg, its all Hella did. but oh well

Top Bottom