• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

noradseven

Smash Lord
No it really doesn't make common sense, well yes but I wasn't talking about n-air, I was talking about NB-air, you know because B moves have slightly different properties in the air, normally involving recovery. I guess I got too used to the silly system used in other fighters, which are highly specific, but need like a 1/2 page index telling you what everything means.

example 5.B -> 2.B(x1) -> 2.C xx j.B -> j.C // j.B(x1) -> j.C >> j.C \/ j.C(x3)//(crossup) j.C >> j.C. [Ends with you in corner] like that is highly specific on exacty what time and how you should do your moves, and its really compressed and easy to read, once you know what everything means. I understand due to lack of combos smash has never needed this system, but still I guess thats why I try to be so specific and end up having like something like (shorthop back over B tipper), instead of something compressed like 7sj.6B(tip)

*points at M2K*

But I agree with you about the "modes."
I don't watch vids, because thats what my friends do, but does M2K seriously just play like that, a defensive player till he connects, or is he complete rush down and you are being Ironic.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Norad read my post....I got the last one AGAIN X_X.

and M2K said to me himself a while ago that he realized it was best to play very aggressively against ZSS.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
I was thinking about using Zero Suit Samus
I saw you and spam team at COT 4 (great stuff btw)
I was wondering if the reason why you didn't use neutral b so much is because you didn't want to hit your teammate? and are there any other things that a lot of people may over look, but they are very useful when teaming?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Is Fast falling ZSS's Uair useful? And does it give her more range just like FF Wario and Snake's Uair?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I was thinking about using Zero Suit Samus
I saw you and spam team at COT 4 (great stuff btw)
I was wondering if the reason why you didn't use neutral b so much is because you didn't want to hit your teammate? and are there any other things that a lot of people may over look, but they are very useful when teaming?
I don't use it as much because it's a laggy move and I don't always have the time or the space to use it in teams. And yes, sometimes it may hit my teammate and cause him to get comboed -_-.

Well, you should try to help your teammate as much as possible. ZSS is a good character for fighting more than one opponent.Follow up on their attacks especially if they send the enemy towards you. Also, if you play evasive enough she can actually live for a very long time. Use the down B footstool more in teams than in singles.

Loser's finals from that are up btw.
Spam(MK) Snakee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(DDD) Inui(MK) 1 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(DDD) Inui(MK) 2 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(Wario) Inui(Snake) 3 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(Wario) Inui(Snake) 4 COT4 Losers Finals

Is Fast falling ZSS's Uair useful? And does it give her more range just like FF Wario and Snake's Uair?
It is useful, and if you do it with you back to the opponent you can often combo it into a b-air or another up air. And I don't think it gets more range

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Is your sig supposed to be icy ala Jin?

Funny enough how his theme was playing in a vid you did well in that set.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Is your sig supposed to be icy ala Jin?
Funny enough how his theme was playing in a vid you did well in that set.
Well, ice is my favorite element lol. And funny because I just had Jin as my avatar, and he's my main in BlazBlue. I was hyped that Vex used his theme there because it was my best game in the set yeah.

cba

Smash Master
Don't worry man, its still long enough to whip out a down b spike at zero. its when they are at a pretty high percent and they stay stunned a bit longer that it messes my timing a bit.
Last time i pulled that off was like a month ago.
srsly. i dont opt for Dsmash much during edgeguarding.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Last time i pulled that off was like a month ago.
srsly. i dont opt for Dsmash much during edgeguarding.
ahh but when you do... it is EPIC.
When i did it against a MK at a tourney people behind me were like WHOA.
One guy said "I approve of that spike."

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't use it as much because it's a laggy move and I don't always have the time or the space to use it in teams. And yes, sometimes it may hit my teammate and cause him to get comboed -_-.

Well, you should try to help your teammate as much as possible. ZSS is a good character for fighting more than one opponent.Follow up on their attacks especially if they send the enemy towards you. Also, if you play evasive enough she can actually live for a very long time. Use the down B footstool more in teams than in singles.

Loser's finals from that are up btw.
Spam(MK) Snakee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(DDD) Inui(MK) 1 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(DDD) Inui(MK) 2 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(Wario) Inui(Snake) 3 COT4 Losers Finals

Spam(MK) Snakeee(ZSS) vs Atomsk(Wario) Inui(Snake) 4 COT4 Losers Finals

It is useful, and if you do it with you back to the opponent you can often combo it into a b-air or another up air. And I don't think it gets more range
ZSS rocks in teams, if you get good at her over B spacing and teamwork you can do diabolical things like miss your ally though the gap and hit your opponent comboing him/her, that and down smash :).

Well, ice is my favorite element lol. And funny because I just had Jin as my avatar, and he's my main in BlazBlue. I was hyped that Vex used his theme there because it was my best game in the set yeah.
Lighting is better you know. Reppin Iku Nagae, and C.Viper. (not Ky he is annoying)

Snakeee

Smash Master
what should zamus do when the opponent has attained the ledge off his recovery?
It depends on what character you're facing, and you have to try and make a prediction on how they will recover. The most useful move here is usually d-smash since it covers the widest area, and lasts long. Just standing there even while spacing it well may still be dangerous against certain characters, however. For instance if you try this on Metaknight, and he times it well you might end up getting Up Bed. For Characters with a lot of range, you may want to guess when they will recover and go for a Side B instead.

Against top players (depending on their character), I usually don't even expect to hit them at all while they are recovering from the ledge and sometimes just back off altogether until they come back onto the stage.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I spam SH side b's and lasers when they're on the ledge. Or spaced (meaning use it as farthest away from the ledge as possible while still in hitbox range) dsmashes. But you still wanna predict where they're gonna go.

If they jump from the ledge, uair them right after.

If they roll, use what you feel is necessary depending on the situation to punish it. Try to always be in a position to be ready to punish if they do try it.

Ledge hop attack can be punished by a well timed side b or laser.

If you keep pressuring them on the ledge with SH side b and lasers then punish what they do, you can make it very difficult for them to get up.

cba

Smash Master
Just a Q: What should i be doing after a Ftilt?
i find it hard to follow up in many occasions.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Just a Q: What should i be doing after a Ftilt?
i find it hard to follow up in many occasions.
dash attack, d-smash, shorthop over B, your moves might not connect but thats not the point of f-tilt, plus I have begun to think less and less of f-tilt as of late the only one I still use on a reasonable basis is f-dtilt when they are at low damages because it links into d-smash.

cba

Smash Master
Snakeee you should add "..and my avatar too" to your location

ecks dee.
(XD)

laki

Smash Apprentice
Discounting the fact that M2K is nigh unbeatable, Do you think Zero suit samus could win a national tourney, and what are ZSS 5 hardest matchups with ratios in your opinion?

Also, what would you say is your biggest skill as a player?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Discounting the fact that M2K is nigh unbeatable, Do you think Zero suit samus could win a national tourney, and what are ZSS 5 hardest matchups with ratios in your opinion?

Also, what would you say is your biggest skill as a player?
I don't think M2K is unbeatable, but the gap between him and everyone else is pretty vast right now. I believe he can, and will be beaten soon enough. And by herself, yes it is possible for a ZSS to win a national tournament. None of her match ups are so uphill that they would make her unable to win.

Toughest match ups in my opinion:

1) Falco - 65/35
2) Luigi - 6/4
3) Lucario 55/45
4) Metaknight 55/45
5) Snake - 55/45

My best area of skill would have to be with juggling and follow ups. I'm really good at predicting airdodges, and also following up my teammates attacks in teams. I'm also great with being evasive. In teams I am often the one holding the stocks

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What makes Luigi so hard? I can see the rest but I play weegi casually and I don't see what he has on ZSS, aside from the things he has on everyone else (HUGE kills son)

laki

Smash Apprentice
I don't think M2K is unbeatable, but the gap between him and everyone else is pretty vast right now. I believe he can, and will be beaten soon enough. And by herself, yes it is possible for a ZSS to win a national tournament. None of her match ups are so uphill that they would make her unable to win.

Toughest match ups in my opinion:

1) Falco - 65/35
2) Luigi - 6/4
3) Lucario 55/45
4) Metaknight 55/45
5) Snake - 55/45

My best area of skill would have to be with juggling and follow ups. I'm really good at predicting airdodges, and also following up my teammates attacks in teams. I'm also great with being evasive. In teams I am often the one holding the stocks
I find it odd that you have Luc up there and not Marth but I won't argue. An yeah, I just meant that M2k was significantly above everyone, I didn't mean to make him out as unbeatable.

Lastly, even though you've made a name for yourself as best ZSS in the nation and have proved to an extent that ZSS is viable as far as winning cash at big tournies, do you think that you or better yet, other ZSS mains still reap the benefits of suprise, seeing as Zero Suit isn't as popular as say Luc, Marth, Diddy and the like?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Lastly, even though you've made a name for yourself as best ZSS in the nation and have proved to an extent that ZSS is viable as far as winning cash at big tournies, do you think that you or better yet, other ZSS mains still reap the benefits of suprise, seeing as Zero Suit isn't as popular as say Luc, Marth, Diddy and the like?
There are still much fewer ZSS users than most characters, so the people that haven't had a chance to play someone like Snakeee or other tournament placers would definitely be surprised in a few ways.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I find it odd that you have Luc up there and not Marth but I won't argue. An yeah, I just meant that M2k was significantly above everyone, I didn't mean to make him out as unbeatable.

I don't have trouble against Marth. The match up seems to be about even. And, it's much more likely that the opponent will not know how to fight ZSS over almost any other char but....

There are still much fewer ZSS users than most characters, so the people that haven't had a chance to play someone like Snakeee or other tournament placers would definitely be surprised in a few ways.
...almost everyone in my region knows how to fight her of course

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Everyone stop using ZSS in competitive play so that people will forget how to counter us.
So, if we don't use her, they won't know how to play us... but then if we use her after they forget, they will remember how to play us... so we shouldn't use... so they forget... *head asplode*

sasook

Smash Champion
And, it's much more likely that the opponent will not know how to fight ZSS over almost any other char
Luckily, I get this type of situation for both my characters.

...almost everyone in my region knows how to fight her of course
I only live about an hour away from you.....when my ZSS gets owned in my first tourney, I'm putting the blame on you =P

lol jk

noradseven

Smash Lord
Luckily, I get this type of situation for both my characters.

I only live about an hour away from you.....when my ZSS gets owned in my first tourney, I'm putting the blame on you =P

lol jk
I just feel sorry for your link man I tried Link in casuals at free tournies, I have a good one, do fine the first few match, got counter picked ****. (dedede :argh:) I beat some one guys dedede though I they were so mad, they obviously had never encountered links projectile/chain wall before.

Same thing happen to my ganon, he normally dominates alot of peopls Mk's though because they don't realize that he can grab them out of EVERYTHING, and out prioritizes his loop with f-smash, but if they play defensive and safe you lose.

Luigi's Bad for Zamus?
Could someone explain?
Because fighiting Luigi is like fighting Chunli(monster legs and fireball,B), Gouken(Shin Shoryuken, up B),Zangief(Spinning Clothsline,down B), and E.Honda(sumo headbutt,over B) all at once. Plus look at that mustache, LOOK AT THAT MUSTACHE. ZSS just can't handle all that manlyness in one package.

No but seriously, he can do some serious stuff to you primary with u-B, d-B and back air, fireballs don't help either.

... ohh wait I forgot about the Heavenly Blessed Foot of Terrible Justice,Judgement and Might(neutral air). HBFoTJJM

I have personally watched this move plow though 6 pikmen one of them purple and smack the Olimar.

note to self: add more adverbs on neutral air.

Top Bottom