• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

noradseven

Smash Lord
You....that's it I'm taking you down with Sheik at BTYF!
You can probably do it too, I have always found sheik matches to be tricky, not too bad once you get used to the thing. But shieks speed and that **** sliding u-smash shut down alot of your zoning game, and force you to play up close.

cba

Smash Master
If i go to an offline tourney and someone picks ZSS against me i'd be like @_@
i srsly dont like dittos and dont know who i'd use, maybe Diddy.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Yea, I'd say that from the few ZSS dittos I've played they doesn't seem to be played at all like other matches >< But I don't mind the ditto in itself so in a tournament I would probably stay with ZSS since the other wouldprobably know as much as I would about it :bee:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The only thing I really like about ZSS dittos is the first stock or so, because it means I'm actually fighting someone who knows how to use the suit pieces. It's a lot more interesting. Against other people, I can sometimes just spam the pieces, and they can't do anything. But ZSSes know how to deal with it, so there's a lot more strategy.

I don't much like fighting up close with ZSS, so the rest of the match is really frustrating for me.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Using ZSS up-close is amazing. she has all these fast, hard-to punish techniques/moves at her disposal. it's all about using them to pressure, predicting their movement and countering, and trying to get that strong hit in (dtilt, ftilt, 3rd jab, pivot grab, or pivot side b) I dont like to wait for my opponent to approach me sometimes, it makes me feel weak. Im not saying that you should TRY to get in H2H, but there's gonna be times where you gotta do what you gotta do. It would be good to learn to be your best in this aspect.

I never fought a good Sheik offline so maybe Snakeee will enlighten me. Sheik was my first choice to 2nd when I was looking for one because I liked her speed and the fact that all her attacks and aerials have like 0 afterlag. but I saw videos of her and she couldn't even kill a Kirby at 172%. I was like wtf. I understand that she's probably supposed to turn to Zelda but, is it worth it?

sasook

Smash Champion
I suck....so bad.....at dittos. Seriously, you just need to hit me with one suit piece part and you can control all 6 pieces from there. I'm just terrible in dittos.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I suck....so bad.....at dittos. Seriously, you just need to hit me with one suit piece part and you can control all 6 pieces from there. I'm just terrible in dittos.
That's why you throw yours away and take his. That's what I do.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I never fought a good Sheik offline so maybe Snakeee will enlighten me. Sheik was my first choice to 2nd when I was looking for one because I liked her speed and the fact that all her attacks and aerials have like 0 afterlag. but I saw videos of her and she couldn't even kill a Kirby at 172%. I was like wtf. I understand that she's probably supposed to turn to Zelda but, is it worth it?
Using Zelda for kills is awesome. I can almost always get a kill at 100-120%. This was I can use u-smash and d-smash for damage racking purposes.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Snakeeee why don't you play Sheik/Zelda vs. non-top level MKs at tourneys where recording is an option?
I want to see that matchup at EC level of play. Maybe with some chain usage too, but that might be asking for too much.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Shhh, don't encourage him. he's already tipping over, dont push him off...

Soon that Icon below his name is gonna turn from the best character in the game to that no range, lack-of-kill-moves having, thought-she-could-run-over-water he-she looking wannabe ninja with needles for running away with to compensate for her envy of the better character.:rotfl:

sasook

Smash Champion
Soon that Icon below his name is gonna turn from the best character in the game to that no range, lack-of-kill-moves having, thought-she-could-run-over-water he-she looking wannabe ninja with needles for running away with to compensate for her envy of the better character.:rotfl:
Ouch lol, ravaged.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sheik is a really underrated character lol
Who ELSE in the game has a guaranteed setup for a kill on like..60% of the cast?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
D3 F-smash killed me at 20...>_< Stupid buffer making me charge my gun...
ITT: We talk about F-smashes killing us at stupid low %.

cba

Smash Master
LOL.
thats messed up.
i was like @ 30% then the Fsmash was like 18% and "Game" >.>

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sheik's FTilt -> USmash is guaranteed if you stale it enough (which you should be, every time you can get an FTilt no questions asked just do it)
It's so sexy

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Snake grabbed me when I started at 0% and it still killed me. Reason being was that i was talking on the phone and didn't have my controller in my hands. The kill counted. Tell me, is that the worst way to die? Dying at 0%.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Spec, I'll make you envy Sheik. And btw, you're off a bit on that second page. ZSS' tilts don't space her from a shield grab against a lot of characters. I used to think they were as good as you did too :(. They're not useless of course though.

And Clowsui, I would some vids up of my Sheik but I hardly even get the chance to have ZSS vids up -_-. I will eventually though.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Spec, I'll make you envy Sheik. And btw, you're off a bit on that second page. ZSS' tilts don't space her from a shield grab against a lot of characters. I used to think they were as good as you did too :(. They're not useless of course though.

And Clowsui, I would some vids up of my Sheik but I hardly even get the chance to have ZSS vids up -_-. I will eventually though.
Yea I hate how characters like fox (and I think D3) can actually shieldgrab my dtilt even when I jab cancel it perfectly with perfect framing. But it's all about predicting when THEY are gonna do their move and countering it. I kinda feel imo that ZSS is more of a punisher and not a pressure-er. But When Im in H2H sometimes I may do things like dash out, then dash back in to like punish some attack they did. or I could dash backwards to pivot grab, pivot SH laser, or pivot side b. pivot side b punishes spot dodges in H2H while keeping you spaced. Luckily she doesnt have to STAY right next to the opponent to get that hit in. Utilizing her dash can make it harder for her to get hit during H2H.

it's so cool doing something like single/double jab, dash or walk back, they try to sheildgrab or attack because they thought u were gonna stay in there and do the third hit or dtilt. then you comeback super fast with a dash grab or whatever. Im still trying some things out that may make her H2H even better.

Are you sure even a dtilt at toe range can be countered since it has decent range and it makes her low? I know that some ppl can like Oli could but since it goes low and can be a shield pressuring move or a mindgame (u know when you use it twice to punish when they let their shield down after?) I was gonna try something with my friend later on where I could walk back (mindgame) then do a pivot dtilt really quick to make it spaced.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Norad: This video was made for Melee, but a few of the terms carry over, especially names of aerials. It'll surely be helpful in discussing the way maneuvers are discussed in the SSB community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
I know how they call them normally, just I keep seeing people say use b-air, in a position where neutral b air is a bad idea but side b air is a good idea, at least in my opinion, so I was getting all confused. :dizzy:

This is why I still prefer the other system(yes I know smash has more directions, but it only matters in a few circumstances, and personally j.6A, is alot faster read then forward air, and less confusing. and for those darn angles you could just do 2-3A for N b-air, or 5b-air.

Yea I hate how characters like fox (and I think D3) can actually shieldgrab my dtilt even when I jab cancel it perfectly with perfect framing. But it's all about predicting when THEY are gonna do their move and countering it. I kinda feel imo that ZSS is more of a punisher and not a pressure-er. But When Im in H2H sometimes I may do things like dash out, then dash back in to like punish some attack they did. or I could dash backwards to pivot grab, pivot SH laser, or pivot side b. pivot side b punishes spot dodges in H2H while keeping you spaced. Luckily she doesnt have to STAY right next to the opponent to get that hit in. Utilizing her dash can make it harder for her to get hit during H2H.

it's so cool doing something like single/double jab, dash or walk back, they try to sheildgrab or attack because they thought u were gonna stay in there and do the third hit or dtilt. then you comeback super fast with a dash grab or whatever. Im still trying some things out that may make her H2H even better.

Are you sure even a dtilt at toe range can be countered since it has decent range and it makes her low? I know that some ppl can like Oli could but since it goes low and can be a shield pressuring move or a mindgame (u know when you use it twice to punish when they let their shield down after?) I was gonna try something with my friend later on where I could walk back (mindgame) then do a pivot dtilt really quick to make it spaced.
ZSS has 2 modes, ready and go.

Ready state: is punish mode jump around annoying the opponent with your bull****, until they mess up.

Go state: after you make a connection just rush that **** down, and keep rushing it until positions are reset.

Shifting between these states is key. Pst what you do after a D smash if it connects is the Set state.

Phootbag played me and he saw a bit of this strat.

Personally I think MK should be played the same way, aggressive MK's have always been easy for me, plus I watched flamingo do real well with his MK(defensive camping jerk, until you get hit), don't really know how its not that great, but maybe it just caught so many people offline. I don't dare post this over there because
A: They would flame the daylights out of me.
B: I think its the best strat. (MK never seemed like a rush down char that much to me, he didn't have the attributes of a pressure character(traps, double character, a safe on approach projectile), though he has the rapid attack attribute of rush down character.)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I have a little point to make about each section of your post lol

-When ppl use the term "air" they're referring to an A button attack in the air, never a B move.

-I agree about the ZSS modes you mentioned.

-Meta should be played differently depending on the match up. Against ZSS an aggressive style pays off much more if they Meta knows the match up well and is very good at PSing.

Top Bottom