• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Dark.Pch Stuff......about stuff" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Most (if not every) character has some sort of "cheap" move (i.e. Metaknight's Tornado). What would you say Peach's "cheap" move is? My guess would be her dair.

In addition, what is your favorite yet least risky kill set up?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why are you so good? What's your favorite Peach costume?
You mean why was I so good BACK THEN.

And I just played alot of wifi and then went to tournaments and used what I learned and created from it. Thus I was always able to place decent and even make money out of it. I hardly played people offline.

And my Fav Peach is the Yellow

Most (if not every) character has some sort of "cheap" move (i.e. Metaknight's Tornado). What would you say Peach's "cheap" move is? My guess would be her dair.

In addition, what is your favorite yet least risky kill set up?
I would say her Fsmash to me. Cause that move is just a mindgame and a kick azz spacing tool. Your DI can never be ready for that move.

And her risky set up kill is a Fsmash

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I would say her Fsmash to me. Cause that move is just a mindgame and a kick azz spacing tool. Your DI can never be ready for that move.

And her risky set up kill is a Fsmash
ok; what's an easy kill move that has little to no punishability?

got any tips on landing a sweetspotted Usmash? It's her best kill move, but it's difficult to land...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I say her fair when spaced correctly

And to land a upsmash, just bait the move. or chase their roll to an upsmash. Best thing I can tell you. Platforms help as well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If the Peach player plays it smart and does not get annoyed at all, olimar is history.

If the Peach player gets annoyed and he starts camping, Peach gets owned bad.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its not. Even though Peach gets at him hard:

- He can rack up Damage quick Faster than Peach can to him
- He can kill Peach better than we can to him
- He is faster than Peach.

Stuff like this is why it can't go that high. The Match up is not that bad.

Popertop

Smash Champion
it doesn't matter if he can rack damage or if he's faster or if he can kill better if he can't touch you.

Dair goes through everything he has, you can just chill out on his shield and he doesn't really have an answer to it.
nair gets all the pikmin off you, and it's really easy to gimp him.
you can just throw out a turnip, too easy.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah, Olimar is definately not as easy as some people claim.
Despite Peach's superior priority over the Pikmin, Olimar mains can still beat her; its not a huge advantage in Peach's favor like people used to think. They're getting harder :ohwell: I'd say the match up is either 65:35 or 60:40

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yeah, Olimar is definately not as easy as some people claim.
Despite Peach's superior priority over the Pikmin, Olimar mains can still beat her; its not a huge advantage in Peach's favor like people used to think. They're getting harder :ohwell: I'd say the match up is either 65:35 or 60:40
And many Peach players secretly still underestimate Oliboli.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Do you guys have a thread where I can ask KOS-MOS questions?
................to obvious to get at this one.

Hey Dark, how do you think Peach does against Sheik? Is Dairing the top of Sheik's shield safe?
I think Peach has a light advantage over shiek. It's not really a bad match up for shiek. I just feel Peach has more options and better tools to get at Sheik then vice-versa.

And Yea, it can Be safe to Dair the shield.

hiROI

Smash Lord
what are peach's option to defeat snake's approaches? I know she can outcamp him, but I have trouble when he starts walking up to me ):

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Bait his tilts. You can also jab. It will ether beat his attacks and you hit him or attacks will clash. You can also space air attacks to get a reaction out of him and then the rest is on you with how you think.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
No, but seriously, what is the secret to defeating KOS-MOS?
there is no secret to beating him... u just do it he got beat by a olimar and a snake before at apex pools, so im sure if u practice and learn the match up u can beat them with those also.

But anyways dark peach how do i jump on the ledge with a fair lmao it seems like kinda hard for me. I can't figure out how to do it, not sure if its cause of the wii mote nunchuck or i don't know the timing of the jump or im pressing the direction wrong when i fall off.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
eh? I thought he beasted you Dark Peach? When did you beat him?
I beat him at Apex on livestream in a set.

there is no secret to beating him... u just do it he got beat by a olimar and a snake before at apex pools, so im sure if u practice and learn the match up u can beat them with those also.

But anyways dark peach how do i jump on the ledge with a fair lmao it seems like kinda hard for me. I can't figure out how to do it, not sure if its cause of the wii mote nunchuck or i don't know the timing of the jump or im pressing the direction wrong when i fall off.
You have to be quick. Soon as you let go of the edge, You have to hit jump and Fair at the same time as quick as possible.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
But lost 14-0 in friendlies?
Me and him went just about even in friendlies. So I seriously don't know why you boys comming in here to troll or start this WC hype again and get at me as usual. Me and Kos-mos had an seriously match to end all that texas crap and I won the set, so it was settle.

Then We played some friendlies and went back and 4th in them. So if you boys wanna continue this rexas crap after I ended it, do it else where. This thread is moded heavy by mods So enough of this or get infracted. You choose. I swear ever since this Kos-Mos crap, this is all I been getting and it never ends. De que diablo......

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Dark Pch, as a pro Peach, here's something I need you to tell me: how on earth do you beat a decent Snake (or at the very least, have a chance against him)? I find them really overwhelming, what with their traps, projectiles, super long DACUS and their tilts (especially UTilt). I find it even harder than Meta Knight. How do you find matches against Snake, and how do you cope with them?

hiROI

Smash Lord
Dark Pch, as a pro Peach, here's something I need you to tell me: how on earth do you beat a decent Snake (or at the very least, have a chance against him)? I find them really overwhelming, what with their traps, projectiles, super long DACUS and their tilts (especially UTilt). I find it even harder than Meta Knight. How do you find matches against Snake, and how do you cope with them?
Please enlighten us Dark. I have fun against MK. But Snake is something else. :(

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Kinda hard to explain sometimes how I play against certian characters. But I'll give it a try.

If Snake is camping you, I already explained how to out camp him and all that. So that you should know.

Now outside of that, You first need to have a mix of BOTH aggressive and defensive came. If you don't or not balanced at both, this will be harder than it should be. It is also inportant that you have good evasion cause when dealing with Snake himself and his set ups, you will need it. Learn how to evade well in general. Then apply that with Peach.

Next going in on Snake. You can use turnips of glide tossing or fair/bair. But space it. Just in case he wanna to side step or shield to tilts. Common **** right here. Some may roll behind you. This is why you space so you can get them and be safe.

Use lots of Jabs. Jabs get at snake well. They can stop his DACUS. Turnips can too. That is the only type of mobility he has. He is slow. With good ebasion makes it hard to hit you cause of this. So for that we would rely on pojectiles.

You can NOT, stay in side snake for too long. This is why I say you need to have an aggressive game and defensive one. And from my records and what I seen, about 96% of Peach players are aggressive and some most in that range don't have a defensive game, or not a very good one. And this is a problem I see in her meta game. always wanting to attack. And I been saying this for a while. It will bite you in the azz. Peach is not an aggressive character. She can be played that way but comes with a dangerous price and it reduces your options to kill better since she has killing trouble to begin with.

When you get in snake, pound his with good pressure and spacing. Get your damage on (aggressive)

When he is out of your assult of range, GTFO and run, retreat, etc. Then use turnips of spacing tatics to get some small damage on him to refresh your moves and give him a hard time. You the "out camping strat" On snake as well to screw him over and get him damage. Same time move in slowly. You can create openings this way but be quick about it and smart. (defensive)

Grab him alot and this is not to hard with jabs. Jab once to grabs. Get that damage. and if he is under 100%, throw his azz up. Always keep him in the air. With turinps up there and then you wanting below to strike, it can be really hard for Snake to recover. Don't be so quick to toss his azz off stage, you are really not gonna go anywhere with that.

Also if you know snake will launch tilts, just move in and out with spaced Bairs, and hit him. His tilts don't have quick coll down time, so he will be open for a hit. Limit your loating cause snake is already slow, and floating will make you show and match won't really go anywhere. Short hop your dairs.

And have a ground game. Most Peach players love to float to Dairs alot. Snake can shut that down. Then you have to fight him on the ground. And some Players have poor to no ground game. This is another problem in her metagame.

I know there is more but this is all I can think of for right now. And I find snake easier than meta. But fighting them feels the same. Meta is fun to fight as Peach and snake just makes me laugh.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Kind of on the subject [though it probably doesn't truly apply] I've been messing with some jab set-ups with Peach over the past two days.

So far the best two results I've gotten are Jab cancel to grab, which I figure isn't bad except sometimes she'll miss the grab which is why I figure it's a good idea to press forward to get a little forward momentum in case they DI back or are just out of range.

The other is jab cancel to a quick nair which is slightly harder. It seems that if you can get the beginning of the nair [the strong hit] it isn't too bad of a killing move at higher percents.

I guess my question is/are: Are these two ideas or rather methods of attack viable or a good idea in a tournament setting, and I guess to make it relevant: Are these good ideas for getting inside snake, getting the grabs you need/ getting the kill you need?

Oh, if you're looking for a lead into these, the only option I was able to come up with is a glide tossed turnip. My new Peach scrub-mind could only think of that. You said that snake shuts down floating dairs, and from what little I know, those are the only two approaches I can think peach has. On the other hand I guess you could dash attack, but if Snake reads it and up tilts... whooo boy....

Another question: What are some reliable Peach approaches?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Kind of on the subject [though it probably doesn't truly apply] I've been messing with some jab set-ups with Peach over the past two days.

So far the best two results I've gotten are Jab cancel to grab, which I figure isn't bad except sometimes she'll miss the grab which is why I figure it's a good idea to press forward to get a little forward momentum in case they DI back or are just out of range.

The other is jab cancel to a quick nair which is slightly harder. It seems that if you can get the beginning of the nair [the strong hit] it isn't too bad of a killing move at higher percents.

I guess my question is/are: Are these two ideas or rather methods of attack viable or a good idea in a tournament setting, and I guess to make it relevant: Are these good ideas for getting inside snake, getting the grabs you need/ getting the kill you need?

Oh, if you're looking for a lead into these, the only option I was able to come up with is a glide tossed turnip. My new Peach scrub-mind could only think of that. You said that snake shuts down floating dairs, and from what little I know, those are the only two approaches I can think peach has. On the other hand I guess you could dash attack, but if Snake reads it and up tilts... whooo boy....

Another question: What are some reliable Peach approaches?

Funny you said that. Cause I was messing with her jab cancels in matches starting a week ago. Don't use it too much. only done it on wifi. I'll get back to you when I get full control of this. But from what it seems like. Her jab cancel is kinda like doing jab to grab. though I think it is a lil faster.

And as for approaches:

- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Glide tossing
- Nair

Advance approaches:

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse Bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Glide toss>Grab
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Thanks, I look forward to hearing the final results.

Also thanks for the approaches.

FC = Float Cancel? How do I float cancel?

Reverse Glide Toss? Is that just Glide tossing backwards? and is that assuming that the enemy is behind you?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks, I look forward to hearing the final results.

Also thanks for the approaches.

FC = Float Cancel? How do I float cancel?

Ether tap up on the stick to hit jump and then hold it up to float of Hit the jump button and then hit it and hold it at the height you wanna jump.

Reverse Glide Toss? Is that just Glide tossing backwards? and is that assuming that the enemy is behind you?

Uh-huh
10 Dark.Pch&Peachbaby.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Hello, my master :) Got great advice from you before. I'm so slow at the advancved techniques; as i explained before, I have never played any offline matches, ever! And all my practice comes from wifi, and training ... which it's a completely different story bettween the training room, and playing others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVwWRhfjNq0&NR=1

How on earth do i pull that off? A Dash Grab? How to you get her to glide like that into a perfect grab.

As i said, I don't read guides, and learn as i go. Please explain, bud!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
haha, I remember uploading that vid xD

I actually find it easier now to just turn around and grab without the dash.

But basically, just dthrow, turn around, and regrab (or dthrow > dash grab the other way). You just have to time it right, and it only works at low percentage to about 30% (you should ftilt after passing 25%).

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Is that really you :D I practiced with it; but my timing on grabs is so horrible. And, i got what you meant by only use it during low percentage.

Now, how do you dash into moves. I know how to run; but i see some videos where people dash into Utlits, Fairs, Nairs ... even pulling turnips. But, like they're moonwalking when they do it :D

Looks like they're standing still, then slide into a move. I'm Kaffuzzled!

I cannot figure out how that's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom