• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Dark.Pch Stuff......about stuff" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
edrees.... curses! we'll make him one of our top yoshi's, just u wait ;o
You won't need to, he's already halfway there coz nobody plays yoshi.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRN~!

Dammit Kelso!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Raz, that was quite un-gentleman-like.

Never the less,

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUMMMMMM

BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
First time I did not start any drama and it was caused by someone else............Is this a dream?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Lol DP, it's not drama, tis a joke. <.<

but yea while I'm here...Wolf bair? Wolf is a pain for me b/c that stupid thing is basically lagless and it's not like I can just camp wolf, i'd have to approach at some point.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lol DP, it's not drama, tis a joke. <.<

but yea while I'm here...Wolf bair? Wolf is a pain for me b/c that stupid thing is basically lagless and it's not like I can just camp wolf, i'd have to approach at some point.
I was kidding too........

That move is another you don't test. Just leave it alone. use turnips to slow him down from all of that or wait till he lands then move in slowly. But beware. some like to space that move then Fsmash. It's a way to bait you out of the shield and then attack. For now ise the same concept as to DDD.

ew wolf, id rather go samus to space his bairs with zair. how does peach do on him?
For now it stands at 45:55 wolf.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Meh...Peach wrecks Wolf imo. Even if he gets enough time/room to work his blaster/shine/smashes/bair; it's an even match at BEST.

He's just too simple to gimp and it's not hard to punish him from on-stage either.

This is just from my own experience with the matchup though, so I may be totally wrong.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
How about this, I got a bunch of strawberries since it's in season, so...

Strawberry and Lemonade Cheesecake?
Strawberry-Terragon Soup?
Pecan and 2-Cheese Ravioli with Savory Strawberry Sauce?
Strawberry Cordial Liquor?
or Pan-seared Tilapia on top of tomato rice served with strawberry mango salsa?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it better be a good fawkin' answer DP b/c this could potentially decide somethin' I'd have to eat at a future tournament! ;O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How about this, I got a bunch of strawberries since it's in season, so...

Strawberry and Lemonade Cheesecake?
Strawberry-Terragon Soup?
Pecan and 2-Cheese Ravioli with Savory Strawberry Sauce?
Strawberry Cordial Liquor?
or Pan-seared Tilapia on top of tomato rice served with strawberry mango salsa?
I say that one.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Yo, Drk.Peach! I've got a really important question, that is the absolute worst aspect of my Peach game .... aerial combat.

While descending back down, i just can't seem to land anything, while my opponents always get their Up attacks on me coming sown.

Any professional techniques? Or should i just avoid any air combat, and just try to safely work my way to the ground.

That's one of the reason i love peach, is her aerial moves closer to the ground. But, when high in the air, i'm just a sitting duck.

thanx for any suggestions, bud. :)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yo, Drk.Peach! I've got a really important question, that is the absolute worst aspect of my Peach game .... aerial combat.

While descending back down, i just can't seem to land anything, while my opponents always get their Up attacks on me coming sown.

Any professional techniques? Or should i just avoid any air combat, and just try to safely work my way to the ground.

That's one of the reason i love peach, is her aerial moves closer to the ground. But, when high in the air, i'm just a sitting duck.

Im not Dark.Pch, but I think I can answer your guestion if you'd like ;d

1. Evade with your second jump. Sometimes you can even punish their Up attacks afterwards.

2. Bair as you come close.

3. Recover back with Up B, but that's not the recommended. It does work sometimes though.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
When hanging on the ledge, is her insta-float > dair viable at all when getting back up?

I'm sure it's could be used to surprise opponents.

I hope you know what I'm talking about xD
I haven't seen a Peach player do it before so maybe it's best not to use it?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Ok follow these steps and you should get better at this. cause I had this problem too.

1- Don't try to air dodge out of fear. Just move left and right evading your emenies air assults. If you feel he is close and you have no cloice but an air dodge. But try to shake him off. Use Platforms to help you.

2- once you got this down, your air evasion is good. Now you need quick reaction and timming. look and when your emeny us inder you and when he is gonna try and attack you.
You can time dairs, but don't get to happy with this. If it isd a hard character to do this against (Like DDD,s Up-air) just air dodge or again, just move away. If you dair someone, do the attack and then fast fall it that way you attack is excuted, and then your enemy launches theres but you then fall in to them and can beat thier attacks. You can a few frames of advantage. This takes timeing, so practice makes perfect.

3- You got this down. But sometimes it is not always best to land on stage. So what to do? recvover from the sides or below. I like to go to the side of the stage and F-B to the ledge. Sometimes you can get a stage spike cause people don't understand how long that hit box last. You can also up-B from below to sweetspot the edge. All this is quick reactions. You need to figure out what to do. When doing this, keep in mind:

- Whater character he/she is
- Can your dair beat thier upair
- How hard is it to beat thier attack with your dair
- How good is the character at edgeguarding you
- How good is the PLAYER at edgeguarding
- Can they get you easy from trying to side B or recover from below.

Follow this steps and practice. There should be a change.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh yeah Dark, I meant to tell you something but I forgot at the time. Thanks for your tips on the Sonic matchup. I knew how to play against Sonic for the most part but there was still something missing which made me lose against Sonics. After I took your tips and practiced the matchup some more, I no longer have trouble against Sonic players. Thank you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Eh? ha, I don't remember giving you advice on sonic. But if i did then cool. And no Problem. Uncle Peach is always here for the kids.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Ok follow these steps and you should get better at this. cause I had this problem too.
Thanx bro, you didn't just post something simple, you really went into detail. I appreciate it. I ONLY main Peach. And, i posted a vid on here, showing my LAGG connection i had the past year, and have just started playing in a LAGG free zone ... so it's huge adjustment for me.

Thanx for the great list you made up.

hcf

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No problem. I don't like to be simple with advice. But wont learn too much out of it or advance quicker. So I try to get as detailed as possible when giving advice or talking about match ups.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
To be honest. i don't play too many warios and have good experience on them.

If I was to fight one, I would just out space him till I can get some openings. Use turnips for damage and limit to no floating on wario since he is a fat melee jiggz. He be all over the air and I am slow in the air. I would not rely on grabs to much since he is hard to grab. And his air range is not all that. So bairs would really be a pain for wario.

Thats about all I know. again, I don't play to many of them to give a foll judgement on wario, so I honestly can't give a ratio on the match.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And to add to what Dark was saying, if he tries to air-camp you, your uair can handle his dair game pretty well due to the range on the hitbox. I can't remember if you still take some damage from his dair, but your uair definitely pops him out of it.

Retreating fairs are good so play him as you would against a Sonic at mid range.

Watch for toad opportunities against his aerials.

Peach's pivot grab has sexy range, so try to lure a Wario into one when he attempts to land a dair/nair.

U-tilt is your friend in this matchup. F-tilt has its uses but don't rely on it too much.

Make sure you don't forget your handy-dandy grab release/u-smash if you do land a grab. I'm not too sure of this, but I believe a sweetspotted racket is also possible from a grab release on Wario.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok now uncle Peach has a question for the kids.

As you guys know I tend to give alot of detailed advice and same with debates with character match ups. But it seems I can't play the way I give advice on the boards. Like I can't use what I know. Even though I somewhat failed at apex and on saturday at that CT tourny. Maybe I am best at just sitting back and giving advice.

So my question is, do you boys think I should mostly lay low on tournies and just debate and give advice then go out and fight? I don't seem to play the way I think and know how I can play. And it kinda gets annoying. But I still have fun in tournies. just don't wanna put up money without putting up a fight. Maybe I am getting to old for this?..............Hell no. I dont get older, I get sexier. *thumps up and cheesy smile*

So what you boys think I should do? I mean for stuff I can't seem to do, seems Kos-Mos can handle it. So I might not be needed to fight anymore eh?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
really...?

go to tournies...if you know your **** eventually u'll be able to apply it well with more practice.

don't forget that you are pretty good at this game and you get to practice up vs. people like jash and NL so i don't c how u can give it up.

at least u have really good ppl to get better w/ while all i have is horrible gheyfi and getting in tons of games/mms at tourneys.

just get better and figure out a way to play the way you know you should. ;o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea. But I'm just getting tired of wasting money to play like crap when I should be playing like a pro. I have the mind of one, so I shlould execute it as peach. I might hit up Ninjalinks house today. I play with him every now and then. But still, its not about getting the expereince or being good. Cause I already know I am there.

If I think if I was to play the way I know I can, hell I could be the best Peach in the USA. That is the last step. Get my brain out on the battlefield. Problem is, I have no clue on how to do that. I might lay low on tournies till genesis until I can figure this out.

Xyless

Smash Master
I always see you like I see SamuraiPanda, Dark. Both of you are amazing Smash theorists, and you're known for that. Your placement in tourneys doesn't matter as much as your improvement of the Smash metagame.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ugh, you seem to have a mental barrier (I sound like Dr. Phil now Dx). I've no idea, actually, just... relax and cleanse your mind. I guess you need to take it easy, and dont stress; before, while and after the match.

Blaah, I'll tell you when Im a psychologist D;

hiROI

Smash Lord

As you guys know I tend to give alot of detailed advice and same with debates with character match ups. But it seems I can't play the way I give advice on the boards. Like I can't use what I know. Even though I somewhat failed at apex and on saturday at that CT tourny. Maybe I am best at just sitting back and giving advice.

So my question is, do you boys think I should mostly lay low on tournies and just debate and give advice then go out and fight? I don't seem to play the way I think and know how I can play. And it kinda gets annoying. But I still have fun in tournies. just don't wanna put up money without putting up a fight. Maybe I am getting to old for this?..............Hell no. I dont get older, I get sexier. *thumps up and cheesy smile*

So what you boys think I should do? I mean for stuff I can't seem to do, seems Kos-Mos can handle it. So I might not be needed to fight anymore eh?
Uncle Peach aint going no where. Period. Just do what Raz and Yayyy said. Plus your too good to just lay low. Think about going to more tournies before Genesis to annihilate that mental barrier and so at Genesis, you be woopin :bee:

Xyless

Smash Master
That too. You're amazing, it's just like what the others have said. You gotta go to more small tourneys to get your confidence/comfort as high as possible, so when it gets to the big leagues, it's not really a big deal.

That's pretty much what MI does with IL tourneys. We're their "small and easy" prey.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That too. You're amazing, it's just like what the others have said. You gotta go to more small tourneys to get your confidence/comfort as high as possible, so when it gets to the big leagues, it's not really a big deal.

That's pretty much what MI does with IL tourneys. We're their "small and easy" prey.
Lol don't forget Ohio.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman

You give excellent advice! ^_^ I still thank you for helping me out with the D3 matchup (I never thought about slapping the waddle dees to refresh my moves)!

Like Edrees told me before, we all have our tournaments where we don't do as well as we had hoped, just have to keep trying and perform better during the next tourny! :D

Also you can't lay low! How are we going to have epic Peach dittos if you stop going to tournies? D:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its not about tournies.Its about me. Something is wrong. I just can't play the way I want. I just came fom NinjaLinks out and played like crap the whole day. it was just horrible. I can't play the way I know I can. And It's annoying as hell and ticks me off.

So I decided until I fix this problem, I'm not gonna enter anymore tournies, I'll stick back to retirement. I'll just do the only thing I seem to be good at/for. and that is giving advice and getting into debates around here, There is nothing I can do anymore. I tried everything and nothing works. So this is how it will be until i figure this problem out.

I'll just sit on the side lines and let Kos-Mos and the rest do the good jobs they been doing so far. I can't fight along with you boys. just cheer from the side lines.

Kos-Mos- One day we will Peach ditto again. But if we was to play now, I not put up much of a fight. I tyrully feel I am getting worst. I'm happy and fine just sitting back and giving advice. I made it my official job anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that I made my final decision on this, Back to asking uncle Peach questions to help the kids.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh, thanks. My advace >my smash skills it seems. So I'll just be sticking with this for a while. hopefully one day I can get into the SBR so I can let people in there know more about Peach and get into debates with them. she might be taken more seriously and who knows, maybe go up on the tier list. For now i'll just stick with this.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Dark, you just need to sit down by yourself or w/ a friend and see why you can't play the way w/ all of the knowledge that you hold. A friend can encourage you to make sure that you can play the way you know. Maybe you just blank out when you play? I know I do that a lot and it frustrates me as well. I think we just have something that blocks us from all of the knowledge that we know when we play. Also to play this way consistently will take practice. It has to become a habit and new habits are hard to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom