• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
yo this pr is hype dawg. so much salt.

ssguy's march to FL's PR starts the next tournament he enters where he beats everyone :troll:

MVD

Smash Master
welp, ill continue to post full results and brackets for my 5 dollar footdives tourneys

so one less thing to worry about :laugh:

-GDX on Jeff's account
Jeff didn't you best HRNUT in two PR mms recently? Wonders why that wasn't taken into account

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Not that I care or anything but Viper's win over Keith shouldn't be counted as a PR win since Keith was not a PR member when the match took place.

I hate to break it to you PR panelists but the August - APEX PR was not under effect for any of the current PR results seeing as it was just put into effect today. I explained this in the other thread but that meant nothing so I'll just go about my business elsewhere.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The only gripe I have over this is that I feel some of my wins were neglected.....wins over Viper, Fyre, GDX, a few others. Otherwise, glad that this is out now and it gives me people to shoot for. Didn't realize I was relatively close. I've got this next season! I hope.

Masky

Smash Master
Even if certain TOs don't care, other people OBVIOUSLY care.
That's why the people who care need to save it on their flash drive or upload it AT the tourney. There's also staff who run tourneys at venues like NLL who don't care either.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Since Keith has taken over TO duties at NLL, he's always posted full results and quickly too.
Exactly. Lol masky better shut that **** up speaking of things you know nothing of

Despite my stance on PRs in general I always post full results and brackets unless a tio file becomes corrupted or something

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Maybe people are being a tad too harsh on things? I understand not everything was taken into account, and the panel isn't exactly consisting of the greatest geniuses in the state, but at least some people tried to make **** work. They weren't -spot on-, but at least they tried. People need to stop *****ing and take matters into their own hands if they want a legit state PR. Get them wins, post them results/brackets, and we'll get an accurate PR going.

(This isn't to anyone in particular, I'm speaking to the state as a whole)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
lol I think D3 should be on Mampam's character usage seeing as how its who he beat Ryo with.
I had it initially
I must have edited over that one my bad. :(

I'll fix it up.

yo this pr is hype dawg. so much salt.

ssguy's march to FL's PR starts the next tournament he enters where he beats everyone :troll:
You'll have to beat someone first.
by that i mean anyone.

it was considered after the season was over apparently
The post APEX PR was ending like, June 6th
and you posted you beat HR like, last week bro.

OF COURSE IT WAS LOLOLOLOL

Not that I care or anything but Viper's win over Keith shouldn't be counted as a PR win since Keith was not a PR member when the match took place.

GDX was a PR member though?

I hate to break it to you PR panelists but the August - APEX PR was not under effect for any of the current PR results seeing as it was just put into effect today. I explained this in the other thread but that meant nothing so I'll just go about my business elsewhere.
They were going to upload the "pre apex pr" for a 2 week period as to not have this effect. I guess it's partially my fault because they had a date they wanted to release this PR on, and i was supposed to be making the image for both but i only did this one and didn't inform anyone i was NOT making the last one until yesterday.

Maybe people are being a tad too harsh on things? I understand not everything was taken into account, and the panel isn't exactly consisting of the greatest geniuses in the state, but at least some people tried to make **** work. They weren't -spot on-, but at least they tried. People need to stop *****ing and take matters into their own hands if they want a legit state PR. Get them wins, post them results/brackets, and we'll get an accurate PR going.

(This isn't to anyone in particular, I'm speaking to the state as a whole)
There is a reason for everything. I agree with Danny.
If you guys have questions? Why not ask. Instead of creating a riot.

If you're unaware of when losses are.
If you're unaware of why certain people are where they are..

Or have any questions.. ask the PR panelists.
They have legit sound reasoning.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@mink I already said that... I didn't argue it. mvd asked me. talk to him. not me because I'm not asking / complaining about it

edit: and I actually agree with xaltis. this thread should be deleted. it is WAY to inaccurate.
there is no logical reasoning for false records at all. so don't say he doesn't understand because obviously you guys don't understand. because y'all are being lazy and not going back and fixing y'all multiple mistakes. Dont pick up a job if your just going to half *** it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
yall are gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
rly good ****! this is the first time i've been knocked off top 3 since my very first pr, which i ironically think i was 6th on as well going all kirby lol

also

mink u need to fix the explainations, in there it shows shaky being 6th/me 7th

sooo it may confuse some people, just fix that typo

i rly like the theme (despite me not knowing my character, tho i look like him gota say)

ONLY complaint, and something u could do in the future is verify what they want their thing to say before making the pic

for example, if i had the choice i would not have put "kirbies backwards" in my thing, but thats just me

otherwise good **** to everyone, and thanks to EVERYONE involved in making this, i know it's not easy!

oh and one more thing

if we're gona be completely accurate, u have to put :marth: next to the wario.

the wins i have on master raven, and my loss vs 8bitman was a random zp tourny i decided to go to where i used all marth. just sayin u should update the characters if it's not too much trouble (at which point i'd appreciate an update to the slogan thing for me)

sorry to bother

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
This is my first chance to address this thread from my computer.

I am very glad to see that the FL Brawl scene is once again HYPE over the PR. Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter.

With that said.

I assure the community that i did my best in regards to the PR. I promise that the panel that i had along with the results that were readily available to me this is the MOST ACCURATE list that we came up with. I would like to remind the readers of this thread that this PR update was a challenge. The PR had been neglected for almost a year (10 months). This was a grand undertaking. I first proposed the idea to break the 10 month mega season up into 2 much more manageable seasons. Pre Apex. and Post Apex. With the post apex PR being based on the pre apex pr.

I would like to saw that is was an absolute pleasure working with Brianna, she was amazing with her gathering all of the SFL results along with always being easy to get in touch with. Awal was also a great help. He made sure ideas were challenged and presented a great perception. Along with presenting valuable NFL wins and loses. This leaves Mink who was a great help with reviewing the date and confirming what the panelists agreed on. Also his pr pick making skills are 1337.

I had a winning record against riddle tho and how many tournaments did HRNUT attend? Reminds me of when shaky went to like two tournaments but only was 6th even tho he beat like everyone

MVD this was a tough one. MVD you did well and it could have gone either way. The end results Had HRNUT due to his only losses being to NR and having a 2-0 record vs you.

Masky the way you handled your PR is different then the was i learned how to do it. You were not included in the PR from Aug 26th 2011. That was when GDX took over as capt. I learned my methods from that experience. Each panel has different methods. Thats the glory of a PR we are not an elo system (though i think and elo system would be better.) we can interpret results unlike a machine can.

I will hopefully be able to respond to more of the readers later tonight. I have to get to lego land shortly for work.

Jeff the PR now that i know your results vs kyon will be looked at again. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Also this thread should not be closed and the panel we made a very valiant effort to keep the bias out of the PR.

Xaltis i will respond to you on AIM i see you have many questions.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I think its funny to see people who normally say **** like "i dont play this game" come up and complain when the PR doesn't look the way they want it.

I'll be nice and not include a list of names lmao.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I haven't cared for it for myself personally. I just see something wrong and posting on it.

also: LOL at the Post APEX PR being based on the Pre APEX PR when they were made both at the same time. Nothing wrong there, let's keep moving folks.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I used to care but I've been wronged by this many times before that I don't care anymore, at least not for my personal self.

Matt, how far is ZP from you exactly? Im just wondering.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
wow i knew you were kinda far but not that far. just wondering because im kinda in the same boat in terms of distance to competition. im stuck to online warrior status though since i don't have a car.

edit: Jeff, i don't think im going over to your house today. I feel terrible right now

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wow i knew you were kinda far but not that far. just wondering because im kinda in the same boat in terms of distance to competition. im stuck to online warrior status though since i don't have a car.

edit: Jeff, i don't think im going over to your house today. I feel terrible right now
what the **** man

MVD

Smash Master
This is my first chance to address this thread from my computer.

I am very glad to see that the FL Brawl scene is once again HYPE over the PR. Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter.

With that said.

I assure the community that i did my best in regards to the PR. I promise that the panel that i had along with the results that were readily available to me this is the MOST ACCURATE list that we came up with. I would like to remind the readers of this thread that this PR update was a challenge. The PR had been neglected for almost a year (10 months). This was a grand undertaking. I first proposed the idea to break the 10 month mega season up into 2 much more manageable seasons. Pre Apex. and Post Apex. With the post apex PR being based on the pre apex pr.

I would like to saw that is was an absolute pleasure working with Brianna, she was amazing with her gathering all of the SFL results along with always being easy to get in touch with. Awal was also a great help. He made sure ideas were challenged and presented a great perception. Along with presenting valuable NFL wins and loses. This leaves Mink who was a great help with reviewing the date and confirming what the panelists agreed on. Also his pr pick making skills are 1337.

Masky the way you handled your PR is different then the was i learned how to do it. You were not included in the PR from Aug 26th 2011. That was when GDX took over as capt. I learned my methods from that experience. Each panel has different methods. Thats the glory of a PR we are not an elo system (though i think and elo system would be better.) we can interpret results unlike a machine can.

I will hopefully be able to respond to more of the readers later tonight. I have to get to lego land shortly for work.

Jeff the PR now that i know your results vs kyon will be looked at again. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Also this thread should not be closed and the panel we made a very valiant effort to keep the bias out of the PR.

Xaltis i will respond to you on AIM i see you have many questions.
my issue is isn't the PR based on consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom