• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
If it helps you guys, my record is

W: Ryo,Trueblue,2nlio,Masky (more recent),Hbox,Trump,d-torr, and the falco guy that jeff always argues with that I can't seem to remember the name of ^^" (Haven't been in the scene for so long starting to forget names lol.)
L:2djeff,mampam,puma,masky(less recent)

Probablly dont belong on here since I haven't attended a tourney in ages, just thought I'd provide info to help you guys out with this.

Cgs to all the ppl on it. :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The pr thread will always be salty.

Also to clarify I said I would be fine with fixing any mistakes. No one is "half assing" it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
The only mistake is basing the Post APEX PR off the Pre APEX PR when both were made together. All results that happened before yesterday should be based off the August PR since that was the only PR visible to the public at the time.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Combining 10 months into one season seems dumb imo
It is dumb. You know what else is dumb? Making a PR for a season that took place months ago, just for the sake of making a PR. Power Rankings are supposed to be relevant. You could have disregarded the "Pre-APEX" season and no one would've cared. Also the PR is supposed to recognize players for their work. Making the Post-APEX PR makes the Pre-APEX PR null and void.

All you guys had to do was say we starting fresh and just taking the last 2-3 months (since that's still relevant) and make a PR from that.

BTW, good **** Jeff for making the PR. How did you enjoy your time on it? You know, the 0 days, 0 minutes, 0 seconds you were a PR member. Oh wait my bad, PR panelists think you were on the PR for 6 months so let's go with that.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
For someone who always says they don't care, as well as someone I look up to in the community I am very insulted by what you just said to me.

The pr isn't about meatriding and gloating because you're on there. It's a marker for a period of time.

Not to mention David, I wasn't on the panel. All I ****ing did was make the picture.

You say how much you dislike thus game to other games all the time. You talk down to almost everyone in a Sarcasyic tone nonstop. You used to be my favlrite poster but Idk what happened.
Please respond demeaning again so I can get more pissed off.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Xaltis. You don't even play this game.

Closing the thread would be dumb.

Stop being unable to understand.
Okay I guess nobody plays this game then.

Closing the thread would be the smartest thing to do right now.

You're the one who isn't understanding as I have people agreeing with me.

Sorry but the PR team that did this did an awful job and should NOT be doing the next PR.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I know you didn't make the PR. I wasn't referring to you. I would have said the same thing if you or Kuro or Pest or SAX or any newcomer who made in onto the pre-APEX PR. I'm not even knocking anyone on the PR. I'm just knocking the flawed method that was used. Nothing I said there was demeaning except the Jeff part which is right because he's no longer a PR member even though essentially he never was.

I don't care about the PR. I do care if something or someone is done wrong in my eyes so I give my two cents.

Edit: To that part where you said it's a marker for the PR period. I'm just saying there's no need for a marker there. Heck, FL melee went through 4 years without a PR update and everything went fine due to them just starting fresh. That's all I really said. I'm not sure what you found demeaning with my last post.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
The pr isn't about meatriding and gloating because you're on there. It's a marker for a period of time.

Then delete it.
Thanks D-torr I knew i was on the pr for all those days. Whats even better i even got to defend it. With all those matches i went :random: or characters i rarely play. knowing i had something to defend

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Because you're the one saying to close the thread. And you're saying that because you're not on it and that this pr is bad.

Go make a pr.
If you make a full pr with explanations then ill be ok with this thread being closed. But people stepped up to the plate and started doing a lot of work and you're lack of giving a **** about it when they've been working on it for such a long time pissed me off.

That's why.

You do this every pr.

You could be first and still have a problem.

SCORp

Smash Rookie
Once upon a time, Tommy challenged me with Ganon. I laughed it off even saying I would shave my beard if he beat me. The match started with a spike from Ganon , I threw the controller across the room. But suddenly! It came back into my hands. The smash gods made me play him! It was so crazy, Tommy 3 stocked me with Ganon and now he is the greatest in the world. Tommy is so good at smash.:awesome:

P.S. Tommy did actually beat me with Ganon and I am just now accepting this fact. Long live my pride. ;)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Because you're the one saying to close the thread. And you're saying that because you're not on it and that this pr is bad.
EVERYONE IS SAYING THE PR IS BAD AND THE THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED! DO YOU NOT READ??!?

Go make a pr.
If you make a full pr with explanations then ill be ok with this thread being closed. But people stepped up to the plate and started doing a lot of work and you're lack of giving a **** about it when they've been working on it for such a long time pissed me off.
No I've ALWAYS asked to be part of the PR team so everything would be fair. But nobody listened to me. You guys didn't even work on it that long from what I remember so don't give me stupid statements that aren't true.

You do this every pr.
I only had a problem with the last PR and this PR cause they were both screwed up.

Did you forget that I was on the Megaman PR and had NO problems with it? Yea I guess you did forget. Get your facts straight.

You could be first and still have a problem.
WTF? Grow up, if I was first on the PR I wouldn't have any problems with it LOL!

Now stop acting like a child and admit you guys messed up BADLY.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's not just this PR. It's like this for every single PR. They all have some measure of bias to them. Remember the PR where Shaky got on because he got first at one tournament and never came back? Where's the consistency in that?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I think smash should abandon PRs. I don't see the point of these any more other than generating salt lol. I mean this is all entertaining, but meh.

Plus they're a pain in the *** to maintain.

:rosalina:

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
get rid of the prs altogether and then people play better

rid yourself of desire and consequently live a richer life

Master Raven

Smash Master
on a semi-serious note, i think i'm going to actually side with tommy this time regarding the PRs. i really don't care to be on them any longer and i think it is more ideal for people to play for the sake of learning and getting good than to play with the mindset of LOLZ MUST KILL NICK RIDDLE THIS SEASON!1!1

it would also get rid of the salt that always comes up every time a new pr comes up

Master Raven

Smash Master
some salt is fun, but too much is bad and i think the PRs feed people an unnecessary amount of salt

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Kuro, I see you viewing this thread. Please don't lock it.

You all will take this in. This is what a PR is. This is how it's been screwing your mind over all along. There will always be bias to things like this and this PR proves it from being so different from some of the others.

Playing in tournaments to win should be rewarded by winning the tournament. You should feel good about entering a tournament and coming out victorious. It should be about those kinds of victories that matter and not just "how did this tournament affect my placing in the PRs?"

I believe this PR should be allowed to stay up just as we allowed all of the other official PRs to stay up, but I do think that after 2 months or so, we should get rid of the system altogether. It's toxic and needs to be destroyed. That said, time and money allowing, I will make a comeback into whatever is left of the smash scene if the PRs are destroyed.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Kuro, I see you viewing this thread. Please don't lock it.

You all will take this in. This is what a PR is. This is how it's been screwing your mind over all along. There will always be bias to things like this and this PR proves it from being so different from some of the others.

Playing in tournaments to win should be rewarded by winning the tournament. You should feel good about entering a tournament and coming out victorious. It should be about those kinds of victories that matter and not just "how did this tournament affect my placing in the PRs?"

I believe this PR should be allowed to stay up just as we allowed all of the other official PRs to stay up, but I do think that after 2 months or so, we should get rid of the system altogether. It's toxic and needs to be destroyed. That said, time and money allowing, I will make a comeback into whatever is left of the smash scene if the PRs are destroyed.
Well I did agree with you until this post.

If were keeping the PRs still then who wants to actually make a Legit and fair PR team?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Well I did agree with you until this post.
It's the same thing I've been saying for the past few months, if not, years.

All of the PRs are biased. If that's criteria for calling it bad, then they're all bad. This one should be allowed its time, especially since no one spoke up when the panelists were decided.

P.S. I just liked the Megaman one because I liked the design and the song. I still hated the PR concept. The actual ranking were B.S. to me.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
All of the PRs are biased. If that's criteria for calling it bad, then they're all bad. This one should be allowed its time, especially since no one spoke up when the panelists were decided.
I've been asking to be on, before the musician one.......and I was never asked to join.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm drunk.... jus got off work n jus wanna go 2 sleep. I ain't read **** that no1 said yet minus the 1st few comments.

Masky... STFU Hrnut destroyed Mvd n in all honesty wud destroy FL Minus NickR. We all calculated results. **** was legit. I will sling my penis like I'm Ryo when I'm awake.

O I cannot wait til I'm not drunk...

Btw.... show tourney results(Plz don't show me PR MMs bcuz pr MMs only count when they r @ tourneys in which u haven't played some1 3 times)

:sonic:

If there are any tourney results you wud like 2 show please show them b4 I awake. Thanx.

Wait... I just read some1 sayin sumthin stupid. So basically... I want ANY1 2 tell me how I could be biased. Thanx...now kill yourself after realizing how wrong u were.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm drunk.... jus got off work n jus wanna go 2 sleep. I ain't read **** that no1 said yet minus the 1st few comments.

Masky... STFU Hrnut destroyed Mvd n in all honesty wud destroy FL Minus NickR. We all calculated results. **** was legit. I will sling my penis like I'm Ryo when I'm awake.

O I cannot wait til I'm not drunk...

Btw.... show tourney results(Plz don't show me PR MMs bcuz pr MMs only count when they r @ tourneys in which u haven't played some1 3 times)

:sonic:

If there are any tourney results you wud like 2 show please show them b4 I awake. Thanx.

Wait... I just read some1 sayin sumthin stupid. So basically... I want ANY1 2 tell me how I could be biased. Thanx...now kill yourself after realizing how wrong u were.
Can't tell if you're more ******** drunk or sober...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom