• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd things about you?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have used a different color for Link and Kirby when I play as them ever since SSB 64. The strange thing is that I used the the same color for them in each them. (red in 64, black in Melee, green in Brawl)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Casual melee is better then casual brawl.
:O
I don't find this odd at all, because I know it's a fact.

anyway, another odd thing about me has to be whenever I hear very loud noises, my left eye tends to twitch alot, I don't know why but it only seems to be my left just as I hear a noise.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah! Most of the time when they ask something about my answer I go "....What?" and I reply with another stupid answer. All I really want to do is go back to sleep.
Haha yeah, and then, everybody just tells you to go back to sleep, and you do. xD

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
I was born with a sixth toe
I can pop one of my eyes out at will
I have an extreme tolerance for pain. Example when I was 6 my sister and I were on a seesaw at the park a few miles away I fell off she gets off the help me and the seesaw comes down like an axe and one of the bolts slams into my leg creating a giant O hole splitting the skin around it and breaking the bone. My jeans somehow didn't split open I walked home without crying all while my sister was laughing and saying it was nothing. I walk in the door my aunt carefully pulls up my pants leg and my sister runs off crying while my aunt trys not to barf =) Then I had to go to the doctor while he poked a friggin needle around in it to clean stitch and cast it all without crying once

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I have instant recall, if I hear something, read something, watch something, or do something once, I'll be able to do it/remember it whenever I want to or need it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have instant recall, if I hear something, read something, watch something, or do something once, I'll be able to do it/remember it whenever I want to or need it
I can remember peoples quotes with my super awesome memory whitch performs quite greatly. Just don't quote me on this. IF you do, then this sig is quite phailz.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hahaha, I used my psykadeli powahs to make you quote me, see how I bolded that? :3

Edit: That sounds pretty kool, yay!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I tend to get into mindsets for games, books, whatever, and then I accidentally keep that mindset for a few minutes once I go back to real life. A great example that just happened is I was IMing with my friend for a while without doing anything else on the computer, so when I came to respond here, I wrote out my first sentence and then hit enter, expecting it to post like on IM. Then, once I realized where I was and was still thinking it was going to post, I was like "Crap, I'm going to have to edit my post." And then I realized what I just did. Or, for another example, my friend was speed running Metroid Fusion once, and segmenting the run for the best time. Then apparently, he was trying to open a package of bread and it was taking a long time and he wanted to restart from the last save point to do it faster, and he realize there were no save points. (Which resulted in a rather funny inside joke between us.)

Kennahh

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed, sending Magikarp. (Killingworth, CT)
I have an extremely low attention span when I don't have anything to gain from a conversation. Like if someone is saying something to me, I'll stop listening after like 1 or 2 words.
I was extremely addicted to an MMORPG for 2 years (like, 8 hours a day) until about a year ago, and none of my friends ever noticed.
I'll was extremely depressed from 5th to the end of 8th grade.
I love the taste of metallic things.
I started rolling everywhere a day after I was born.
I have an obsession with clicking sounds.
I bite the skin around my finger nails, and the fingernails themselves.
I have to be doing something almost all of the time, and, as a result, find it very hard to sleep.
I have a terrible short-term memory but a great long-term memory.
I take very cold showers.
I love water, shower, rain, you name it.
Rain makes me sleep.
I'd rather get no sleep at all than sleep for an hour.
Sometimes I will sleep for 2 hours and feel refreshed, but sleep for 8 and be extremely tired.
I can listen to the same song several times and hear something differently every time.
French Fries in a Wendy's Frosty are indeed, God's greatest creation.
I'll type up more later.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
My hair grows very fast.

I often become nocturnal during the summer time.

I don't really have any more. :( Well, that sucks. I don't really like to think of myself as a normal person.

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
i love sweet potato pie but can't eat candy yams. i like to play with my belly, don't know why.
that's all i got for now...

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
haha, I share a lot of the quirks already on this thread. I find it hard to believe that some people can't hear the loud high-pitch scream of a TV!

-Every time I eat something, I always jog in place or do pushups, out of fear of gaining weight...

-I have a fear of crossing crosswalks.

-There are some moments where my mind completely blanks out, and I can't socialize at all... This often leaves me in akward moments.

-I'm a perfectionist. At school, I try to get my marks higher than anyone else, or I freak. If someone I know is better than me at something, I'll devote half my life to changing that. :laugh:

-I'm a sort of weeaboo, except there's less emphasis on manga/anime and more on the actual language. I actually have FUN learning the language.

-I love tall buildings. Edmonton's downtown height restriction makes me sad.

-Hearing certain sounds, like loud breathing or grunting, makes me want to punch babies.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
I have an extremely low attention span when I don't have anything to gain from a conversation. Like if someone is saying something to me, I'll stop listening after like 1 or 2 words.
I was extremely addicted to an MMORPG for 2 years (like, 8 hours a day) until about a year ago, and none of my friends ever noticed.
I'll was extremely depressed from 5th to the end of 8th grade.
I love the taste of metallic things.
I started rolling everywhere a day after I was born.
I have an obsession with clicking sounds.
I bite the skin around my finger nails, and the fingernails themselves.
I have to be doing something almost all of the time, and, as a result, find it very hard to sleep.
I have a terrible short-term memory but a great long-term memory.
I take very cold showers.
I love water, shower, rain, you name it.
Rain makes me sleep.
I'd rather get no sleep at all than sleep for an hour.
Sometimes I will sleep for 2 hours and feel refreshed, but sleep for 8 and be extremely tired.
I can listen to the same song several times and hear something differently every time.
French Fries in a Wendy's Frosty are indeed, God's greatest creation.
I'll type up more later.
I do that too. It's weird, isn't it?

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I'm not afraid to die, but when I do... Then you can have the rest of my milk, TRUE STORY!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I over use napkings and paper towels.

I only use ONE fork, since its small and cute, but the others just disgust me, since to me they are ugly in shape compared to the one I use. Sadly there was another just like it and I left it at Disney World GREAT JOB. D : <

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I always have a pencil in my pocket. Also whenever I have my cell phone with me I'm constantly checking to see if it's still in my pocket to make sure I didn't lose it (kinda OCD).

Blazer

Smash Ace
I'm not afraid of much of anything most people are. I don't get creeped out ever, and unless I see something that OBVIOUSLY can kill me I don't get scared. EX: Trap me in a cage with a lion or something and I'll obviously get scared, though I'll probably handle it well, but other than obvious stuff like that, I won't get scared.

I'm the only person in my entire High School you can't put to a stereotype, my friends have tried and they always come to the same conclusion "You're just, Jon, you really can't be grouped".

Probably the reason why I can't be stereotyped. I literally talk to almost ANYONE in my high school. In fact the only reason I wouldn't talk to someone is if I don't know who they are.

Regardless of the prior two oddities, I'm a very quiet person by nature due to having been depressed from the time I was 10 to just recently. Why the heck I'm so loveable, I don't know.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm the only person in my entire High School you can't put to a stereotype, my friends have tried and they always come to the same conclusion "You're just, Jon, you really can't be grouped".
Same here. "He's Carlos!" Same thing. ;p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I can't believe I didn't remember this, when I posted a while back.

I sleep with a Melee case next to me. Ya know, I tuck it in and sleep with it.

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
- I'm easily swayed by anything that's cute.

- I'm a Japan-loving maniac.

- I plan on wearing this costume:

- I plan on creating an android maid. (which looks like she came from an anime)

- I have Autism. (I'm able to control it)

- I dislike Math, yet I'm quite good at it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
- I'm easily swayed by anything that's cute.

- I'm a Japan-loving maniac.

- I plan on wearing this costume:

- I plan on creating an android maid. (which looks like she came from an anime)

- I have Autism. (I'm able to control it)

- I dislike Math, yet I'm quite good at it.
Cool, I'd like to see your costume and the android maid. :3 I love Chobits btw.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
When I'm not actively thinking of something or watching/reading/talking, otherwise in an idle state, I've always counted to 40 by multiples of 8, and I imagine drawing an asterisk with my finger, foot, sometimes my tongue. The asterisk would be 8 points and I'd count while drawing the asterisk in a fashion as if you'd be drawing it with a pencil.

8-16

24\32

|

When I'm a passenger in a vehicle I'll watch the lane markers go by and I'll click my teeth every time a mark would go pass the hood of the car.

It's not really OCD but I've been doing it for ages. I don't get frustrated if I can't do it, but I guess I can't let my mind go blank.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
When I'm not actively thinking of something or watching/reading/talking, otherwise in an idle state, I've always counted to 40 by multiples of 8, and I imagine drawing an asterisk with my finger, foot, sometimes my tongue. The asterisk would be 8 points and I'd count while drawing the asterisk in a fashion as if you'd be drawing it with a pencil.

8-16

24\32

|

When I'm a passenger in a vehicle I'll watch the lane markers go by and I'll click my teeth every time a mark would go pass the hood of the car.

It's not really OCD but I've been doing it for ages. I don't get frustrated if I can't do it, but I guess I can't let my mind go blank.
This is a symptom of attention deficit disorder (ADD). It seems that you have developed coping strategies, so it's not a big deal, and if you are able to sit still for the car ride, you thankfully do not have an associated hyperactivity disorder (HD).

Now that I think of it, I could go through this thread and attribute a behavioral or cognitive condition to roughly one-third of the posts with real content. This is far higher than the incidence in the general population. We should conduct a study based on a random but large sample of Smashboards members...

I guess that makes constant psychoanalytic and diagnostic observation the "odd thing about me."

M.K

Level 55
Haha, same here dude. There is nothing wrong with us >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I make this popping noise with my lips by rubbing my fingers and folding the lip onto itself when I'm thinking, or bored.

While in deep thought, I pace.

I'll also flip my eyelids if I'm bored.

They're all habits that weren't dealt with when I was a child, so I kept them.

Top Bottom